Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Aspect vs Keeper?

Which is overall more powerful, a Dragon Aspect or a Titan Keeper?

are the eternals of shadowlands Titan Keepers?

Quote Originally Posted by Telogrus View Post
    Which is overall more powerful, a Dragon Aspect or a Titan Keeper?
    Surely the Titan Keepers are more powerful, given they were the ones who empowered the Aspects in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Surely the Titan Keepers are more powerful, given they were the ones who empowered the Aspects in the first place
    I don't think that's true, since they power the Keepers partitioned out was stored power from the titans themselves.

If the keepers were stronger they wouldn't have needed to make the Aspects in the first place.
    Twas brillig

WoW never depicted the Titan Keepers as powerful beings. I remember that during MoP, people massively hyped up the Thunder King because "OMG he beat a Titan Keeper and beat Xuen!" but honestly the Titan Keepers aren't that powerful. Puny mortals beat up several of them during Wrath, so it's not out of the question that another mortal like Lei Shen could beat a Titan Keeper too. He might have been surrounded by a squadron of Mogu warriors who were left out of the retelling of the history books. And then Nourshen couldn't do diddly squat about one Sha. And then you get to Legion where puny mortals slay not one, but TWO Titans.

The Dragon Aspects likewise are never depicted as ultra powerful in WoW. You never see Dragon Aspects go out in WoW outside of the Twilight Highlands questline and Dragon Soul, and it's pretty much big dragons snapping and breathing at each other. Nothing super impressive. Also, pun mortals slay three out of the five Aspects in WoW. The biggest feat of the Aspects is from the WotA novel when they made the Dragon Soul and Deathwing used it to laser the Blue Dragonflight, and that's it.

I'd say that the Aspects are more powerful, if only because 1. they were directly empowered by the Titans themselves and 2. we defeat fewer Aspects than Titan Keepers, but overall neither are that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I don't think that's true, since they power the Keepers partitioned out was stored power from the titans themselves.

If the keepers were stronger they wouldn't have needed to make the Aspects in the first place.
    If they empowered the Aspects with stored power from the Titans, why wouldn't they just use the power themselves to become stronger, if strength was all they needed? I believe the Aspects were created to protect Azeroth, because the Titan Keepers had other things they wanted to do, and didn't want to spend their time protecting the planet. Not a "We're too weak", but a "I cbf doing it, you do it" deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Surely the Titan Keepers are more powerful, given they were the ones who empowered the Aspects in the first place.
    Is a plug socket more powerful than the power station from where the electric originates? Unless they've changed it, weren't the keeper's merely conduits for the Titan's blessings being bestowed?

not sure htat is verifiable.

Firstly all the keepers' power is titans anyway, from what power source did they borrow? is it somethign they have access to, is it not the power within themselves? etc etc.

Also aren't most of the keepers dead or entirely devoted to the titan facilities and matters beyond world threats? think about it, odyn is a keeper, and Alexstrazsa isn't more powerful than him. I can't think she is more powerful than Tyr , and thus any of the others.

I really thought the Eternals of Shadowlands were Titan Keepers?

If they empowered the Aspects with stored power from the Titans, why wouldn't they just use the power themselves to become stronger, if strength was all they needed? I believe the Aspects were created to protect Azeroth, because the Titan Keepers had other things they wanted to do, and didn't want to spend their time protecting the planet. Not a "We're too weak", but a "I cbf doing it, you do it" deal.
    There's zero evidence for your argument, if they could've used it themselves tyr would've empowered himself to stop Galakrond, not made the proto-aspects do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    not sure htat is verifiable.

Firstly all the keepers' power is titans anyway, from what power source did they borrow? is it somethign they have access to, is it not the power within themselves? etc etc.

Also aren't most of the keepers dead or entirely devoted to the titan facilities and matters beyond world threats? think about it, odyn is a keeper, and Alexstrazsa isn't more powerful than him. I can't think she is more powerful than Tyr , and thus any of the others.
    I think Alexstraza with her aspect powers was definitely stronger than Odyn or Tyr.
    Twas brillig

The answer is obviously Goku

All kidding aside it probably depends on the Keeper and the Aspect...it's hard to gauge too because we as adventurers were able to take down aspects, keepers and even empowered aspects and keepers

Nozdormu is obviously a weird outlyer since he essentially exists in all times all the time in some weird confusing probably would confuse and anger this forum if it was explained manner and we have no idea how strong they are compared to each other

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    They are made by Super Titans so they are Super Titan Keepers.

There are so many wrong answers here because people do not have enough IQ to read, remember and analyze information correctly...

1. Keepers didn't buff Aspects. The Titans did. Hell, Thrall literally heard what the Titans said to the Aspects when they boosted them.

2. The victory of the players over the Keepers does not mean anything because they are significantly weakened after the battle with the Old Gods and the ordering of Azeroth. By the time of Tyr's death, he had only a shadow of his original strength, as indicated in the Chronicles, and this despite the fact that they were strengthened by the spirits of the Titans. I personally also think that Loken and Archaedas are the most weakened because they are the ones who imprisoned the Old Gods and therefore they are just bosses in the dungeons. Also, players have never defeated an Aspect. We only killed Malygos thanks to Alexstrasza, and Ysera and Murozond had no power during the fight with the players.

3. Aspects are stronger than Keepers, there is nothing to argue about. It took several Keepers to defeat each Elemental Lord and Aspect even more. Deathwing has been cited as possibly the strongest servant of the Old Gods in the Chronicles, placing him above Ragnaros.

No.
    The Dragon Aspects were empowered directly by the Titans using the Keepers as a conduit. So with that said, I'd say Aspects are more powerful than Keepers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well keepers are just buffed up watchers and aspects buffed up proto dragons.

I'd say it'd come down to who is writing the fight/ which aspect vs which keeper.. eg. Mimiron vs deathwing, deathwing obviously wins though other's such as Freya vs Ysera would probably be a longer battle.

I'd say

Aspects > Keepers > Normal dragon > Watcher

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They are made by Super Titans so they are Super Titan Keepers.
    They're straight up called the Pantheon of Death.
    They're on par with titans.

Also for the topic, I thought tyr empowered the aspects because he knew he would die at some point. I mean he prepared specifically for the aspects to bring him back to life even.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

I think Alexstraza with her aspect powers was definitely stronger than Odyn or Tyr.
    That would definitely be a reason why Odyn objected to the dragons becoming Aspects in the first place; he didn't want to be surpassed

It's an interesting question. I suppose we've only faced a fully powered Aspect once. And a regular Keeper once. Malygos and Odyn.

All the other examples were Keepers and Aspects either fighting a corruption, or fully consumed and empowered by it like Deathwing.

Odyn fought us to a stand-still while "testing" us. Odyn is a great big liar though. Pretty sure we can take em.
    Malygos we did not face along. He had help, and so did we. And canonically it was actually Alexstrasza that flew in and finished him off.
    It's complicated further by Odyn probably being the most powerful Keeper, being the Prime Designate.

But I think the bigger problem is that Blizzard has been inconsistent with the power levels. I mean, Loken died a dungeon boss. So did Muruzond. Corrupted Ysera died to Kaldorei defenders of a temple.

I think they're roughly meant to be equivalent in power. Only reason I'd give victory to the dragons is that a draconic body is just more combat-capable. Breath weapons, flight, claws, teeth, and of course their size. I don't see any Keeper besides Odyn matching up against a fully powered Malygos or Alexstrasza.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    WoW never depicted the Titan Keepers as powerful beings. I remember that during MoP, people massively hyped up the Thunder King because "OMG he beat a Titan Keeper and beat Xuen!" but honestly the Titan Keepers aren't that powerful. Puny mortals beat up several of them during Wrath, so it's not out of the question that another mortal like Lei Shen could beat a Titan Keeper too. He might have been surrounded by a squadron of Mogu warriors who were left out of the retelling of the history books. And then Nourshen couldn't do diddly squat about one Sha. And then you get to Legion where puny mortals slay not one, but TWO Titans.
    Lei Shen was hyped because we have been told that in canon he could defeat the Lich King

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They're straight up called the Pantheon of Death.
    They're on par with titans.

Also for the topic, I thought tyr empowered the aspects because he knew he would die at some point. I mean he prepared specifically for the aspects to bring him back to life even.
    Super Titans are above Titans so Super Titan Keepers are on par with Titans.