Page 1 of 2
LastLast

May 26 Hotfixes, Upcoming Warlock PTR Changes, Future Dragonriding Mounts

WoW Hotfixes - Updated 26 May
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

Dungeons and Raids
    • Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible
      • The Vigilant Steward, Zskarn’s health reduced by an additional 10% on Mythic difficulty, to a total 25% health reduction.

Quests
    • Big Slick in the City should now no longer anger the local wildlife during “Snail Mail.”
    • The speed up bonus now lasts twice as long during “Snail Mail.”

Feedback - Warlocks in Fractures in Time
    Greetings Warlocks,
    We’ve been reading through the feedback provided over the past week and want to provide an update with a look at the changes you’ll see in the next PTR build.

Affliction
    • Unstable Affliction damage increased by 10%.
    • Seed of Corruption’s cast time has been reduced to 2 seconds (was 2.5 seconds).

Demonology
    • Shadowflame Acolyte has been removed.
    • Fel Covenant has been removed.
    • Demonic Knowledge has been re-added and is now located where Shadowflame Acolyte was.
    • Demonic Knowledge now more reliably procs at a 15% chance.
    • Shadow’s Bite has been re-added and is now located where Fel Covenant was.
    • Hand of Gul’dan damage increased by 25%.
    • Implosion damage increased by 15%.
    • Dreadstalker damage increased by 15%.
    • Demonbolt damage increased by 20%.
    • Bilescourge Bombers’ Soul Shard cost has been reduced to 0 (was 2).
    • Umbral Blaze now has a 15/30% chance of occurring (was 8/15%).
    • Umbral Blaze now retains remaining damage when reapplied.
    • 2-piece tier set bonus adjusted – Demonbolt damage increased 20% (was 15%). Consuming a Demonic Core reduces the cooldown of Grimoire: Felguard by 1 second.
    • Dirty Hands has been renamed to Malefic Impact.

Destruction
    • Crashing Chaos redesigned – Summon Infernal increases the damage of your next 8 casts of Chaos Bolts by 50% (10% in PvP combat) or your next 8 casts of Rain of Fire by 70% (15% in PvP combat).
    • Dimensional Rift damage increased by 15%.

Ripped through the Portal
    Regarding Demonology, these adjustments are being made to compensate for Ripped through the Portal not returning to the Demonology talent tree. We want talents to be competitive options against one another and, given the synergistic value of Ripped through the Portal, it’s very difficult for us to adjust it in a way that it becomes an option rather than the right choice.

Demonic Cores
    The removal of Demonic Knowledge, Demonic Meteor, and Ripped through the Portal was too much of a push in the direction of reining in Demonology’s mobility. Demonbolt is a cool spell that enables Demonology to be reactive. We don’t want to create a drought of Demonic Cores, but at the same time we don’t want it to be the only generator you cast. By re-adding Demonic Knowledge, the cadence of Demonic Cores should be in a healthier place.

Conclusion
    The feedback provided has been extremely helpful and we appreciate the community’s thoughts on the changes we’re making in Fractures in Time. Thank you for the insights provided and we’ll continue to watch for further discussion.

Feedback - Kalimdor Cup
    Good day dragonriders,
    As data-miners have guessed, we are indeed working on dragonriding outside of the Dragon Isles and broadening the set of mounts that can dragonride. Our initial work on this can be seen in the Fractures in Time game files, but that feature will not be complete or featured in the live game until later in Dragonflight.

As we continue to develop the game in this way, we expect there to be many examples in the future of content that is a work-in-progress becoming visible to data-miners in test environments. We intend to announce the contents of any given patch in our official posts about that patch.
    For the latest details on what’s included in Fracture in Time, please check out our official development notes.

I want to slap myself for saying this; Blizzard is really trying to listen to feedback and to the player base. These seem like good changes to demo. Affliction still needs some work. but will have to hop on PTR to test them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old World Flying Coming Soon as in 11.0.5

I wish this was shadow priest. There was quite literally not a single positive post about the pathetic excuse for a "rework" and we didn't hear a single whisper from the devs (if there even is a dedicated dev for shadow). It was (and still is) the most overwhelmingly negative reaction to a spec change I've seen since survival huntard, and they didn't do a damn thing. But only took a few days to fix demo, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    I wish this was shadow priest. There was quite literally not a single positive post about the pathetic excuse for a "rework" and we didn't hear a single whisper from the devs (if there even is a dedicated dev for shadow). It was (and still is) the most overwhelmingly negative reaction to a spec change I've seen since survival huntard, and they didn't do a damn thing. But only took a few days to fix demo, sad.
    Warlock is the main character of WoW. Did you think Green Fire was an outlier? They always get more love

IDK what's going on with Shadow Priest, though. That class has been stuck in a vortex of misery for... how long, now? No one deserves this.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Warlock is the main character of WoW. Did you think Green Fire was an outlier? They always get more love

IDK what's going on with Shadow Priest, though. That class has been stuck in a vortex of misery for... how long, now? No one deserves this.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see shadow be the first old spec to be reworked into support. Disc would be more logical but if done right, could be neat. Have your shadows reach out and buff players, debuff enemies and some healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

What world are you living in? The SPriest rework is pretty well liked. It removed a lot of the spec's redundancy and streamlined its damage profile immeasurably. It feels better to play now than it has in eons.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    What world are you living in?
    In the real world.

The SPriest rework is pretty well liked.
    No it is not. It's been met with pretty one sided hate.

It removed a lot of the spec's redundancy and streamlined its damage profile immeasurably.
    It removed all complexity of the spec. It removed all possibilities of mobility and made it a turret. It streamlined a single 2 button rotation for all contents so it's impossible to have different playstyles. It introduced the most boring talents shadow has ever seen. It removed any choice and made empty talents (DA/MS most notably).

It feels better to play now than it has in eons.
    It's the worst technical iteration of shadow priest in, at least, the past 10 years.

In the real world.

No it is not. It's been met with pretty one sided hate.

It removed all complexity of the spec. It removed all possibilities of mobility and made it a turret. It streamlined a single 2 button rotation for all contents so it's impossible to have different playstyles. It introduced the most boring talents shadow has ever seen. It removed any choice and made empty talents (DA/MS most notably).

It's the worst technical iteration of shadow priest in, at least, the past 10 years.
    Glad we have you to speak on behalf of every SPriest player in existence. I truly feel sorry for you if you enjoyed the spec prior to the 10.1 rework. A spec does not need complexity to be able to be enjoyed.

Glad we have you to speak on behalf of every SPriest player in existence. I truly feel sorry for you if you enjoyed the spec prior to the 10.1 rework. A spec does not need complexity to be able to be enjoyed.

Unfortunately, a lot of players think that to enjoy a spec, it has to be complex. They want 8 to 13 things to track before they say a spec is "Good". It sucks cause I sure as hell don't want that and it makes a spec exhausting and wayyyyy to difficult to enjoy and have fun with.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Free bombers? That's hawt

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Unfortunately, a lot of players think that to enjoy a spec, it has to be complex. They want 8 to 13 things to track before they say a spec is "Good". It sucks cause I sure as hell don't want that and it makes a spec exhausting and wayyyyy to difficult to enjoy and have fun with.
    I wouldn't say "a lot". If it was true, then ferals and ww monks would be the most played specs in the game. No, these people are a tiny minority.

Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    Free bombers? That's hawt
    I wonder if this will be enough to find a niche for them. I feel like the added felguard talents just make demonic strenght much more appealing than free bombers.

I get that the intent is not to fully rework the spec, but simply shift some power from dreadstalkers, but i feel like a halfassed job on reworking demo is wasted time?
    Either fully commit and modernize skills like doom and bombers, or take the time and put it into classes that need the work more. (Like wasn't there supposed to be a rogue rework coming?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, I think blizzard communication has been on point recently.

In the real world.
    https://mplus.subcreation.net/

Ah yes, the terrible S tier spec every week.

Complaining about how it plays is fine but that's also subjective. Most specs should be envious of shadow right now lol

I dunno, it feels much better to me. TBH i think a person like you wouldnt be happy no matter what they did

I just want the precision flying control and uninterrupted flying we have in non-DF areas. Oh, and my druid flight form too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    https://mplus.subcreation.net/

Ah yes, the terrible S tier spec every week.

Complaining about how it plays is fine but that's also subjective. Most specs should be envious of shadow right now lol
    Not a single time did I bring up how much numbers it pumped. I couldn't care less about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad we have you to speak on behalf of every SPriest player in existence.
    Nearly every single shadow priest agrees with me, so yes, I can speak on behalf of over 97% of them.

I truly feel sorry for you if you enjoyed the spec prior to the 10.1 rework. A spec does not need complexity to be able to be enjoyed.
    I get that you're a fotm player that rolled shadow last week because you saw some logs on icyveins that said it "pumps big numbers", but pressing 2 buttons is objectively bad gameplay, yes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow feels way more fun to play now than it did prior. The last time I had fun with Shadow was back in Cataclysm, and although not liked that much I did like S2M on Legion launch despite obvious design problems.

Nearly every single shadow priest agrees with me, so yes, I can speak on behalf of over 97% of them.

I wish I had your confidence and your social networking abilities. I'm on a pala discord but ours doesn't seem to have all the paladins who play this game in it. It isn't even very active. I'm jealous of your community.
    Our shadow priest changed class. He said he loved it in M+ but didn't like it in raid. That's the extent of my knowledge on spriest.