Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Other cultures find our way of living deeply offensive. Its a matter of values, that you are so intolerant of others people values and believes says more about you than about them.

The parent company of budweiser found out the limits of the demographic they are trying to appeal to and took a step back.

Not everyone has to share your values Endus
    No.

But they don't get to pretend they aren't being hateful and abusive when pushing that hate on innocent people.

If there's a society that enforces such bigotries, like Nazi society and, among other bigotries, antisemitism, they'll face the same determination.

If they want to stop being labeled as bigots, they first have to stop being​ bigots.

When gay Muslims get chucked off a building for being gay, that's a condemnation of the society* which encourages such hemophobia. It doesn't get a pass because "it's just their cultural values".

*Not talking about Islam here, either, so don't even.
    Last edited by Endus; 2023-05-27 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    -"Look at me! I'm trans!"

-"Yeah, well be trans and leave me the fuck alone!"

-"How dare you! You are denying my right to exist!"
    Meanwhile, back in reality:

The ACLU is tracking 491 anti-LGBTQ bills in the U.S.

So, I'm completely unconcerned in telling bigots like you to fuck right off. There would be little need for the dreaded "activism" if there weren't worthless sacks of shit out there trying to legislate LGBTQ people out of existence. But then again, I guess conservatives are perfectly happy with their elected officials trying to strip their own rights and access to healthcare away, so of course they wouldn't care when politicians do it to others.

Man I do enjoy watching the cockroaches come out from under the trash when they feel even the little bittiest bit empowered by the other bigots on this forum.

Always the same posters too. “ Just asking questions” and all that. You ain’t fooling anyone kiddos.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's not really about the beer. Charlotte Clymer explained it fairly well:.
    Yeah no, I disagree..I think religion is important for them, its easier to have something collective mysterious tied in some finished old book that way people don't have to bother puting energy on society but only the individual...
    which makes them not follow the religion really, since religions are all about saving society (people) first, then second as reward your soul (conscience) gets saved.

You are describing religion as a sword used by "bigots", which its not. Its an institution mismanaged by everyone only looking out for themselves. With society being systemic corrupt, it doesn't matter what groups you want to identify as being bigoted, that's just surface level, what is the point of screeching about oppresion when the 'marginalized groups' share the same ideal, narcissism.

While I pointed out overblown reactions to a beer ad, the other side, woke people aren't exactly unfamiliar with throwing absurd temper tantrumps constantly..

Everyone are arguing who should get their foot on the gas, but not about driving out of the wilderness...civilization is the result of cooperation for the long-term, it's like planting a tree, you need to tend to it for a long while to get fruit. But people want everything at once like they are consumers but nobody acts like citizens with obligations..

One side thinks taxes are evil, instead of what they are, investments for society.
    The other side wants someone, to pay for shit, just not them, claims they are leftists when they are just opportunists right-wingers frauds.

Everyone are desperate to point fingers at others so they don't have to look at their own faults.

Infrastrucure is falling apart, but oh noes you don't insult my favorite beer/pronoun/yeti cooler/whatever...

Ah, now we devolve into the “WE NEED TO FIX ALL THIS OTHER STUFF FIRST BEFORE WE TREAT THE DISENFRANCHISED LIKE PEOPLE” horseshit with a nice pile of whataboutism for dessert.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a TERF, a Homophobe, and an Authoritarian walk into a MMO-C Thread....

..they're all the same person.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

5+ Year Old Account
    You actually think if all the "disenfrachised people" tomorrow get acceptance n all they want, you will get a functional society?

It doesn't matter what peoples identities are, as long as people regardless of who they are have been hard-wired into being narcissists.

The infrastrucure will continue its deterioration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    You actually think if all the "disenfrachised people" tomorrow get acceptance n all they want, you will get a functional society?

It doesn't matter what peoples identities are, as long as people regardless of who they are have been hard-wired into being narcissists.

The infrastrucure will continue its deterioration.
    Well there goes the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    A lot of people see him as a grifter I guess.
    Only morons do.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is exactly why nobody likes activists, and why people reject LGBT activism.

Reality check! IT'S NOT HATEFUL CONDUCT! GET A FUCKING GRIP ON REALITY!

Disrespectful? Maybe. But then respect is either earned or offered freely, not demanded, and most certainly not offered under threat of consequences.
    It is against MMO-Cs ToS.

- - - Updated - - -

-"Yeah, well be trans and leave me the fuck alone!"

-"How dare you! You are denying my right to exist!"
    Except that isn't what people are doing, now they are trying to force them to detransition or not get the care they need, or use the bathroom with how they identify, or call bomb threats on people that support them. STFU.

Less filling, or great taste?
    Why not have both?

....wrong thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly a more functional society.

But then, you're standing against that, because you'd rather keep them subjugated, and you're willing to support genocide if they won't sit there and take it nicely.
    Last edited by Endus; 2023-05-28 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no, I disagree..I think religion is important for them, its easier to have something collective mysterious tied in some finished old book that way people don't have to bother puting energy on society but only the individual...
    which makes them not follow the religion really, since religions are all about saving society (people) first, then second as reward your soul (conscience) gets saved.

You are describing religion as a sword used by "bigots", which its not. Its an institution mismanaged by everyone only looking out for themselves. With society being systemic corrupt, it doesn't matter what groups you want to identify as being bigoted, that's just surface level, what is the point of screeching about oppresion when the 'marginalized groups' share the same ideal, narcissism.
    Because oppression has tangible legal and political consequences for its target demographics? Like I'm not sure how to explain to you that people being narcissistic does not pose a political threat to marginalized groups in the same way that bigotry does.

While I pointed out overblown reactions to a beer ad, the other side, woke people aren't exactly unfamiliar with throwing absurd temper tantrumps constantly..
    Wow, it's almost as if the "tantrums" on the "woke" side are related to like... not being brutalized by police, or denied healthcare, or basic human respect... as opposed to people throwing tantrums because of a rainbow.

This is just a really anemic and stupid 'both sides' argument. Spoiler alert, you aren't being profound or politically moderate just because you've chosen a position of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, it's almost as if the "tantrums" on the "woke" side are related to like... not being brutalized by police, or denied healthcare, or basic human respect... as opposed to people throwing tantrums because of a rainbow.

This is just a really anemic and stupid 'both sides' argument. Spoiler alert, you aren't being profound or politically moderate just because you've chosen a position of ignorance.
    The "tantrums" on the supposedly "woke" side boil down to "stop killing/eliminating us, assholes". If you see that as a "tantrum", you're the fuckin' problem in society, not those people.

10+ Year Old Account
    A significantly more functional one, yes, because a whole lot of problems with infrastructure are related to issues of social justice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The "tantrums" on the supposedly "woke" side boil down to "stop killing/eliminating us, assholes". If you see that as a "tantrum", you're the fuckin' problem in society, not those people.
    The funny thing is that the centrists and right wingers that insist on "calm, rational debate" very quickly fall back into emotionally driven arguments the instant they are required to make the case for their own choices rather than debating the validity of someone else's demographic in the abstract.

Barring, you know, instances of minstrelry like Dave Rubin, Blaire White, or Candace Owens.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    yes, because a whole lot of problems with infrastructure are related to issues of social justice.
    Bridges n roads are collapsing because someone didn't call you by your prefered pronoun?

A few months ago there were all these train incidents spilling dangerous substances, I guess the shitty maintenance is due to not enough "social justice" rather than unfettered narcissism/capitalism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bridges n roads are collapsing because someone didn't call you by your prefered pronoun?
    Elegiac said "a whole lot of". Not "literally every". But then, you don't have an actual argument, so deflections and straw men are all you've got.

The outcomes of redlining and segregation, which are very much still active. Class discrepancies in education infrastructure. Mass transit availability and walkability in general. So many infrastructural issues find their roots in social injustices. But you don't want to talk about that, you want to be intentionally dishonest and deflect away from the point.
    Last edited by Endus; 2023-05-28 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, bridges and roads collapsing because right wing people have been trained to reject taxes and public spending since they might benefit "the other". To use one example: why do you think public pools mostly disappeared from the US?

Then again, if you think preferred pronouns are the extent of the issue then you probably aren't familiar with how integral bigotry has been in shaping American public policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, bridges and roads collapsing because right wing people have been trained to reject taxes and public spending since they might benefit "the other". To use one example: why do you think public pools mostly disappeared from the US?

Then again, if you think preferred pronouns are the extent of the issue then you probably aren't familiar with how integral bigotry has been in shaping American public policy.
    And while on the topic of public pools -- Those were another thing which tried to keep out Black Americans. That's why it was such a big deal when Mr. Rogers shared his plastic wading pool with Officer Clemmons in an episode of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And while on the topic of public pools -- Those were another thing which tried to keep out Black Americans. That's why it was such a big deal when Mr. Rogers shared his plastic wading pool with Officer Clemmons in an episode of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.
    "Why are liberals so easily triggered and such snowflakes?"

*A trans woman drinks a can of Bud Light and films themselves doing so*

RAWR IMMA SHOOT UP CASES OF BUD LIGHT TAKE THAT AHHHHH
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    "Why are liberals so easily triggered and such snowflakes?"

*A trans woman drinks a can of Bud Light and films themselves doing so*

RAWR IMMA SHOOT UP CASES OF BUD LIGHT TAKE THAT AHHHHH
    I do enjoy how they've embraced basically every negative stereotype that they were trying to paint leftists/liberals with back in the good ol' anti-SJW days. From being triggered about the actors in shows and movies, to screaming over the election of a candidate they didn't want...