Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Dinraal shards are even better.

Though someone came up with a genius contraption. Stabiliser+wheel and then 4x flame and frost launchers back to back in a tower. Deploy and activate.
    Any flat base works. Drains fuckton of battery though.

Watching footage of Zelda it looks pretty impressive. The construct boss fight looked interesting even if the Terrain didnt.

The voice over or lack of is pretty jarring though. Fine they go with the silent protangist route but constant "Hmmmmmm..." "Ahhh??" to have SOMETHING in the voice audio is gross, id rather they just have good ambient music and you read than the awkward as fuck "hmmmmm"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

That is hilarious! Gonna have to try that one at some point. I also find it humorous that all the suggested videos after that clip is just religious garbage, not sure how any of that has to do with your clip

10+ Year Old Account

The stabiliser means it takes up a bit less space.

Also by now I've so much zonai battery that I couldn't spend it all for trying.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

went into walmart, someone was returning the collectors edition of tears of the kingdom. best believe i snatched that shit up like a tweaker who just found his crack rock in the carpet

- - - Updated - - -

funny thing is, exact same thing happened with botw special edition except with gamestop, went to buy the game and some dude was like man i gotta cancel my preorder and as soon as he cancelled it i was like yeah lemme grab that.

so now i have both collectors editions and since im playing tears on my pc im just gonna leave this one unopened so if i ever find myself in a bad spot i can sell if for a bajirrilion dollars
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I just beat Tears of the Kingdom, and overall, I liked it. I still like Breath of the Wild more, because this is a lot of sameness for me.

I am just not interested in exploring as much. I think the story is better than Breath of the Wild's story though, but that isn't really saying much. Overall it is fun and I do like how this Link seems to have the most personality of all of them.

If I had to rank it I think tears of the Kingdom misses my top 5 Zelda games.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2023-05-29 at 05:09 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

After finishing the story, what annoys me the most isn't the fact that Link doesn't talk but his complete lack of personality. Not talking isn't a good excuse because previous games have managed to give him some kind of personality. It's just silly to have this super serious cutscene while Link just stands around like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    After finishing the story, what annoys me the most isn't the fact that Link doesn't talk but his complete lack of personality. Not talking isn't a good excuse because previous games have managed to give him some kind of personality. It's just silly to have this super serious cutscene while Link just stands around like an idiot.
    Link always stood around like an idiot. No, he never had a personality in any game. Complete blank slate boring ass character who is just carried by the surrounding world and NPCs as per usual. Your nostalgic imagination is getting the best of you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Link always stood around like an idiot. No, he never had a personality in any game. Complete blank slate boring ass character who is just carried by the surrounding world and NPCs as per usual. Your nostalgic imagination is getting the best of you here.
    Yeah at most he'd show a face of shock sometimes.

But, I will say in regards to Link, the only thing that has me kinda like, "PLS STOP IT" is the fact that you can get all the memories, so Link KNOWS where Zelda is and that Ganondorf has the ability to mimic Zelda to manipulate people, and straight up says nothing to anyone. At all about it. Granted maybe there's more to it since I'm only 2 temples in with the Master Sword but still

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah at most he'd show a face of shock sometimes.

But, I will say in regards to Link, the only thing that has me kinda like, "PLS STOP IT" is the fact that you can get all the memories, so Link KNOWS where Zelda is and that Ganondorf has the ability to mimic Zelda to manipulate people, and straight up says nothing to anyone. At all about it. Granted maybe there's more to it since I'm only 2 temples in with the Master Sword but still
    No that is really stupid and it never stops being dumb. The problem is that since you can do the temples in any order they all have to reiterate the same information with only minor variation.

My biggest issue with TOTK is in fact the story, I won't go into details cause of spoilers.

I get that each Zelda game is kinda its own world but TOTK shits all over established lore/events including BOTW. If they released this game and didn't say it was a squeal to BOTW it wouldn't have mattered any. Like I said I won't deep dive into detail cause of spoilers but ya the story is very much the weakest part of the game imo.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    My biggest issue with TOTK is in fact the story, I won't go into details cause of spoilers.

I get that each Zelda game is kinda its own world but TOTK shits all over established lore/events including BOTW. If they released this game and didn't say it was a squeal to BOTW it wouldn't have mattered any. Like I said I won't deep dive into detail cause of spoilers but ya the story is very much the weakest part of the game imo.
    What? Sure it tramples over the convoluted Threeway timeline that existed before BotW, but nothing in the game goes against BotW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really didnt mind the totk story, it was just some background noise to go along with and is only becoming a problem the moment you want to dig deeper and start asking certain questions like how did the dekutree not get irritated by the fact that he should be able to feel the MasterSwords energysignature twice since there are 2 of them for a long ass time and...given that no one in the founding days knew of the MasterSword, is it possible that the "time traveled"--totk version existed before the damn thing was actually created?
    And dont get me started on the beastiality aspect given that Sonia and Rauru must have been already parents before Zelda got ported to them.

So Pokémon Home got updated to Scarlet and Violet today.

Holy shit does Violet look bad and feel bad after TotK. Always knew both were true but good contrast really brings it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    I really didnt mind the totk story, it was just some background noise to go along with and is only becoming a problem the moment you want to dig deeper and start asking certain questions like how did the dekutree not get irritated by the fact that he should be able to feel the MasterSwords energysignature twice since there are 2 of them for a long ass time and...given that no one in the founding days knew of the MasterSword, is it possible that the "time traveled"--totk version existed before the damn thing was actually created?
    And dont get me started on the beastiality aspect given that Sonia and Rauru must have been already parents before Zelda got ported to them.
    The Light Dragon only descents down after you collect all tears or progress the Master Sword questline without them. We can say that the Deku Tree did not sense the regenerating Master Sword on her forehead from behind the barrier that separated Sky from ground Hyrule before upheaval.

10+ Year Old Account
    the barrier that separated Sky from ground Hyrule before upheaval.
    I know the barrier is a thing in Skyward Sword...but it is never actually mentioned in totk or did I miss it? If its mentioned on one of the 13 stonetablets from the star-like-looking islands that might explain it, as I still need to do 4 or 5 of them Only thing I know about the Sky Islands is that Zelda and Mineru somehow MacGuffined all the Buildings into the sky after the lost battle with Ganondorf

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    I know the barrier is a thing in Skyward Sword...but it is never actually mentioned in totk or did I miss it? If its mentioned on one of the 13 stonetablets from the star-like-looking islands that might explain it, as I still need to do 4 or 5 of them Only thing I know about the Sky Islands is that Zelda and Mineru somehow MacGuffined all the Buildings into the sky after the lost battle with Ganondorf
    Not TotK, but BotW: we didn't see the Sky Islands back then, and whenever the dragons fly up to the sky they go trough portal in the clouds and disappear:

The Light Dragon also flies straight skywards after her birth and disappears through the cloud portal into the Sky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au-qDUUOAuY (WARNING: LINK IS MASSIVE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED YET AND ARE GOING THROUGH THESE TAGS IN CURIOISITY) and presumambly stayed up there untill the Upheaval broke the barrier again.

What? Sure it tramples over the convoluted Threeway timeline that existed before BotW, but nothing in the game goes against BotW.
    So Zelda outright acts like she doesn't know who Gannon is in the cutscene with Rauru sitting in the throne room. Instead of being like "hey two years ago we had to fought the calamity of this fucker" she just says he has evil intentions." She doesn't give them a full and detailed warning at all.

That is one small example but overall I feel like BOTW's story just didn't matter to TOTK. BOTW could be deleted from history and TOTK would stand on its own just fine.

IMO the storytelling overall is VERY weak in TOTK and kinda a mess.

Thankfully I loved everything else about it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2023-05-30 at 09:08 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So Zelda outright acts like she doesn't know who Gannon is in the cutscene with Rauru sitting in the throne room. Instead of being like "hey two years ago we had to fought the calamity of this fucker" she just says he has evil intentions." She doesn't give them a full and clear warning at all.

That is one small example but overall I feel like BOTW's story just didn't matter to TOTK. BOTW could be deleted from history and TOTK would stand on its own just fine.

IMO the storytelling overall is VERY weak in TOTK and kinda a mess.
    BotW could be deleted from RL history and it would be fine, frankly.

Such a disappointment of a Zelda game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This so fucken much...

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    BotW could be deleted from RL history and it would be fine, frankly.

Such a disappointment of a Zelda game.
    I'll take bad takes for $1000, Alex.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.