Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it, since I don't really play the game anymore but always checking mmo-champion (maybe out of habit), I think it's a little too late now. At least for me personally. I have always followed Preach and his videos, agreed to his view of the game at almost everything. You can't force someone to play something that simply is not fun for them anymore but you can always hope that the game is fun and entertaining for the people that play it. It's like moving on from a past relationship but you still wish that the former partner is doing well and thrives. WoW was after all, the favorite game for most people here like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Lol, looking at raider numbers, it's your population that's the minority, not casuals. Sorry you feel entitled and that the game focuses around you but the numbers don't lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    63% of players had completed at least one LFR boss.
    Still think raiders are the lion share of players?
    soo 63% of people raided at least a bit...
    do you know meaning of the word "minority"? bcs if 63% raided at least a bit they are not minority by any meaning of the word...
    or do you count only people who raid mythic as raiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Lytrwths View Post
    The way I see it, since I don't really play the game anymore but always checking mmo-champion (maybe out of habit), I think it's a little too late now. At least for me personally. I have always followed Preach and his videos, agreed to his view of the game at almost everything. You can't force someone to play something that simply is not fun for them anymore but you can always hope that the game is fun and entertaining for the people that play it. It's like moving on from a past relationship but you still wish that the former partner is doing well and thrives. WoW was after all, the favorite game for most people here like myself.
    There's a difference between moving past a game and hoping it's doing well and being weirdly obsessed with it to the point where you take offense to other people enjoying it for what it is. A lot of posters on this website fall into that latter category and it's fucking pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    Nah people who enjoy world content havent ever belonged in wow. Them leaving wouldnt even be noticed by normal raid guilds much less higher levels of play. I guess the guy who pvps in full mythic gear in the level 61 era will suffer but thats it.

The problem is you cant have challenging world content in a mmo as people just drown it in numbers. Everquest even tried making a unkillable boss once and people battled it for a week to kill it. We wil never notice world players leaving because they never even played the same game.
    Too bad this game is made out of casuals and that is why such a small portion remains today, people who think WoW is all about raiding are so delusional.
    Why you think RP servers are so popular? No Sharding, Server Community, big world events..

OT: Heroic Classic seems to brought the streamers back. I hope they take some ideas from it and bring it to retail.
    People want immersion not convienence. Also remove sharding already Blizzard, worst thing that ever happened in a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    People want immersion not convienence. Also remove sharding already Blizzard, worst thing that ever happened in a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.
    If they do that they would have to merge quite a few servers. The one I'm in is a total ghost town, without sharding I wouldn't be able to complete any elite quests.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    If they do that they would have to merge quite a few servers. The one I'm in is a total ghost town, without sharding I wouldn't be able to complete any elite quests.
    The only way I can see sharding removed would be if they decided to consolidate the 200-something servers that currently exist into about a dozen or so megaservers. Population density over the course of two decades has already kinda had that effect. In the meantime, sharding is way, way, way too important for smaller servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I cannot mention any outdoor content that worked, precisely because it almost never offered any sort of meaning, long term progression. The only exceptions might have been TI, and especially Legion, but we all know how hardcore raiders QQ'd endlessly about being Forced™ to run world quests lmao.

Of course Blizzard folded, as is the case every time hardcore raiders QQ, and thus we got BfA, which was effectively a downgraded Legion, and then SL, which did away with any form of non-instanced power progression (no, Choreghast doesn't count) until 9.2 - and it was too late by then. Far too late.

In other words, stating that outdoors content is unpopular while at the same time failing to mention that said content has traditionally offered very little (if anything at all) in terms of progression... looks quite disingenuous, to put it politely.

I think that 10.1 is a step in the right direction, but they really need to commit to something that isn't raids or M+, since PvP has invariably been a mess in this game. As we say in my country, a single swallow doesn't turn winter into summer.
    I mean SL was a thing..?

We saw soulbinds we saw the long term progression path of garbage dailies until blizzard begged for mercy from the sublosses.

Everytime its been tried its failed again and again and again.

There are mmos about world content. Runescape comes to mind. WoW never was one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Too bad this game is made out of casuals and that is why such a small portion remains today, people who think WoW is all about raiding are so delusional.
    Why you think RP servers are so popular? No Sharding, Server Community, big world events..

OT: Heroic Classic seems to brought the streamers back. I hope they take some ideas from it and bring it to retail.
    WoW RP servers are not popular there are argubly 2 with a decent population. I also think people focus on raids to much as a point of contention. Its dungeons and raids that max up wow.

Those two things are the meat and potoates larping that they are not is folly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The only way I can see sharding removed would be if they decided to consolidate the 200-something servers that currently exist into about a dozen or so megaservers. Population density over the course of two decades has already kinda had that effect. In the meantime, sharding is way, way, way too important for smaller servers.
    I would agree. I would argue its something they should do regardless that or finally rip the bandaid off of making mythic raids server bound till late into patches. The only reason not to from my point of view is that raiders buy the bulk of server transfers when needing to find a new guild. I can't buy the "server identity" bullshit.

Maybe in wrath or early cata but cross realm killed that off long ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean SL was a thing..?

We saw soulbinds we saw the long term progression path of garbage dailies until blizzard begged for mercy from the sublosses.

Everytime its been tried its failed again and again and again.
    Assuming you are right (and you still haven't managed to produce even an ounce of hard evidence btw), it has failed because it's bland, monotonous and most of all, unrewarding. After all, casuals cannot be given nice toys lest forums explode with posts from a tiny group of individuals crying about being Forced™ to run content they despise.

Are you seriously implying that casuals should be grateful for uninspired, heavily time gated, overall trash content like soulbinds or Korthia sockets? Honest question.
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Assuming you are right (and you still haven't managed to produce even an ounce of hard evidence btw), it has failed because it's bland, monotonous and most of all, unrewarding. After all, casuals cannot be given nice toys lest forums explode with posts from a tiny group of individuals crying about being Forced™ to run content they despise.

Are you seriously implying that casuals should be grateful for uninspired, heavily time gated, overall trash content like soulbinds or Korthia sockets? Honest question.
    I think that after nearly 20 years they should just fuck off and join a game that caters to them. Im not saying that to be mean just it is honestly the best advice anyone can give.

WoW from its conception was build around doing group activity in instances. If they shift and make trash that requires world content like soulbinds or sockets people wont be excited or happy. It just makes things worse for everyone. My honest and heart felt advice from a sincere source is to just move on rather then destroying a game people enjoy.

You won't get what you want even if you succeed in doing so. There isn't a way for toothless world content to not destablize wow so long as multiple difficulties exist.
    Last edited by trimble; 2023-05-28 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    They should had merged alot of realms 10 years ago to begin with. Stormwind has 2000 people in my server when the goblin spawns yet we only see around 50.
    Sorry but this stuff shouldn't be acceptable inside a MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yet it ruins full servers makin' it less alive then it actually is. Worst feature they could had made just to not close servers..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

5+ Year Old Account
    You won't get what you want even if you succeed in doing so. There isn't a way for toothless world content to not destablize wow so long as multiple difficulties exist.
    When the only tool you are profficient with is a hammer, you tend to disregard any problem that isn't a nail, but that doesn't mean there is nothing in the world aside from nails. Enjoy your WoD's in the meantime... dang, I forgot that WoD was catered to casuals first and foremost
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2023-05-29 at 02:40 AM.
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Well yeah its easy to...

The world was cramed to the brim with treasures and rares for players to hunt out. There were dangerous areas that where rather difficult to even enter solo and a ton of work was put into making interesting toys and mounts littered through the zone. There were dynampic quest lines... apex gear the first time I can recall world players had access to such powerful gear.

Wods warning was that if you make a warcraft expansion for world players...the entire playerbase will scream no content and rage. It was the early warning sign that an expansion like shadowlands was doomed to fail.

I legit think there are a minimum of a dozen secret rares you are utterly unkowning about in wod while claiming you love world content
    dynamic questlines??? dude where was i for that expansion i just remember gathering the garrison followers and having no reason to go into the "difficult" areas outside of the single quest or trinket farming. The mounts are like 16 boars (not exaggerating) and some wolves and hippos because no flying mounts since they removed it. This was also the first time they started doing daily rares because nobody enjoyed farming poundfist. Apex gear was definitely useful if you farmed the crystals and didnt have access to better gear through lfr or the bi-weekly garrison quest.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Name out door content that worked... I can think of timeless and vault for catch up gear but its never worked out and after two decades im tired of meming that i could. There are no numbers because no one in the community gives a damn. Its utterly untracked from complete lack of interest.
    What do count as working?

Mop for example had almost all of its world content packed with people with the battle field barrens always having groups for this events the isle of thunder filled with people doing the daily’s and trying to farm gold run keys and of course the mass amount of launch daily’s raiders forces them selfs to do for pre raid gear.

Then there’s lesser successes like the molten front in Cata or Mechagon which always had people on them if not as many or as varied as in types of players like mop was.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I think that after nearly 20 years they should just fuck off and join a game that caters to them. Im not saying that to be mean just it is honestly the best advice anyone can give.

WoW from its conception was build around doing group activity in instances. If they shift and make trash that requires world content like soulbinds or sockets people wont be excited or happy. It just makes things worse for everyone. My honest and heart felt advice from a sincere source is to just move on rather then destroying a game people enjoy.

WoW raids didnt have loot at first
    interesting when it was supposedly designed around instanced content eh

Look the proof is in the pudding... whenever players don't have required items from world content (bonus rolls, valor, rep rewards, etc). It is ignored on mass. When it is required it is universally disliked. There hasn't been a singular example of it being successful. Whenever they focus on the world content wow suffers. From MoP that lost the most subs on record from dailygeddan to wod...

Players are simply not interested in it. Every time blizzard tries to prop up the terrible world content they lose big from it.

- - - Updated - - -

World content gives heroic raid gear and no one still does it. Its just dumpster tier content.
    Most people who need the rewards from it do it,what are you talking about? It's just once a week and most people are done with it the day after reset.

You're implying causation rather than correlation, insofar as there isn't any reason to suggest world content has anything to do with player drops. Timeless isle is remembered quite fondly by many players.

On the other hand, zaralek cavern is a forgettable catastrophe, I don't know what Blizzard were thinking they they thought people would farm rares for 1 drake seal at a time. The events there are also incredibly forgettable.

/Shrug

- - - Updated - - -

You're free to hold a terrible and incorrect opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    For years influencers have complained about all the "main stream" issues about the game. Like "REMOVE BORROWED POWERS" and "REMOVE MANDATORY CONTENT".

Just to be specific, I am talking about people in this sphere:
    - Asmongold
    - Preachgaming
    - Belluar
    - T&E

Just to be clear, those influencers are just echoing how they see their communities talk, so it's more of a community thing. I am not trying to hate on the influencers.

Influencers have made video after video complaining about the same things and tunnelvisioned on certain things like

- no more borrowed power
    - no more required content that force you to log in every day
    - no more infinite AP grinds
    - no more Sylvanas
    - more focus on permanent systems like
    * talent system
    * battlepass system
    * crafting system
    * flying system
    - more communication about the future patches and plans

We all know the list they dreamed of is kinda accomplished in Dragonflight.

Influencers no longer have anything specific to complain about. Great, I guess the game is so fun now?

Because to me it seems they all have never played the game as little as they do in this expansion.

And the influencers have just conveniently moved on to other games, while simutatiously have nothing to complain about. "I'm just not that into the game right now".

I seriously worry that Blizzard took the influencers feedback way too seriously to heart, but the reality is that following them does not make a game that people want to play.

What do you think?
    Yeah I've noticed the same. People brainlessly follow these youtubers and then repeat their claims without given it a second thought but if you sit one of them down and talk to them individually they can't even form their own opinion on specific game design choices and just get angry with you when you point this out. Like them adding the WoW Token to Wrath Classic. I saw someone on Twitter echoing the same complaints Asmongold had so I asked him why he was so upset about them adding it. He said "Because it's not in the spirit of classic", so I pointed out that they did add a few things to Classic like being able to cancel your flight path and asked if he was upset about that, which he wasn't. So I asked if he was upset about the WoW Token strictly because of #NoChanges or if there was more to it, and he got angry and blocked me.

Given that literally 100,000's of people watch Asmongold, Bellular, T&E, Nixxiom, etc, and many viewers share their opinions, it's no wonder it's echoed across the forums and other sites as much as it is.

Here's some actual facts:

Warlords of Draenor was one of the best expansions ever. The only complaint people say is "There was nothing to do", which, I thought was precisely what people wanted? To not be forced to do anything they didn't want to do? Warlords had amazing leveling, beautiful zones, cutscenes, excellent class design, three fantastic raids, and enough passive income where you could rake in gold while sitting in your garrison. It was the best time to level alts, play with different classes/specs, or do other content you normally wouldn't, like pet battles or trying out PvP for the first time. I personally managed to level every alt to max level and did a bunch of xmog runs and mount farming without having to sacrifice any time farming gold for repairs/consumables/pots because most of it was provided by the garrison.

Legion was also pretty great, but suffered heavily because of RNG early on with BiS Legiondaries not dropping for everyone. But the final period between Legion's final raid and BfA launch was one of the best times of WoW.

Dragonflight is just OK, but as a casual player, I just find myself struggling to level alts while also maintaining a decent income on my main for whatever I need. Profession changes suck ass, too. Influencers pushed WoW off a cliff it feels like and Blizzard doesn't know what to do anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmetal-Kitten View Post
    Yeah I've noticed the same. People brainlessly follow these youtubers and then repeat their claims without given it a second thought but if you sit one of them down and talk to them individually they can't even form their own opinion on specific game design choices and just get angry with you when you point this out. Like them adding the WoW Token to Wrath Classic. I saw someone on Twitter echoing the same complaints Asmongold had so I asked him why he was so upset about them adding it. He said "Because it's not in the spirit of classic", so I pointed out that they did add a few things to Classic like being able to cancel your flight path and asked if he was upset about that, which he wasn't. So I asked if he was upset about the WoW Token strictly because of #NoChanges or if there was more to it, and he got angry and blocked me.

Given that literally 100,000's of people watch Asmongold, Bellular, T&E, Nixxiom, etc, and many viewers share their opinions, it's no wonder it's echoed across the forums and other sites as much as it is.

Warlords of Draenor was one of the best expansions ever. The only complaint people say is "There was nothing to do", which, I thought was precisely what people wanted? To not be forced to do anything they didn't want to do? Warlords had amazing leveling, beautiful zones, cutscenes, excellent class design, three fantastic raids, and enough passive income where you could rake in gold while sitting in your garrison. It was the best time to level alts, play with different classes/specs, or do other content you normally wouldn't, like pet battles or trying out PvP for the first time. I personally managed to level every alt to max level and did a bunch of xmog runs and mount farming without having to sacrifice any time farming gold for repairs/consumables/pots because most of it was provided by the garrison.

Legion was also pretty great, but suffered heavily because of RNG early on with BiS Legiondaries not dropping for everyone. But the final period between Legion's final raid and BfA launch was one of the best times of WoW.

Dragonflight is just OK, but as a casual player, I just find myself struggling to level alts while also maintaining a decent income on my main for whatever I need. Profession changes suck ass, too. Influencers pushed WoW off a cliff it feels like and Blizzard doesn't know what to do anymore.
    Its hilarious how you dont even get the irony of your statement. You say WoD was one of the best expacs ever it just had nothing to do while saying dragonflight was just OK when the two are essentially the same but DF has more to do. They both don't have borrowed power.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmetal-Kitten View Post

Warlords of Draenor was one of the best expansions ever. The only complaint people say is "There was nothing to do", which, I thought was precisely what people wanted? To not be forced to do anything they didn't want to do?
    While the last part is true (and still is) you're being entirely disingenuous leaving out the fact WoD had no content besides LFR / Raiding and Mythic dungeons way later on. I'm positive people didn't even know fucking Mythic dungeon difficulty existed either because it seems everyone was surprised by the M+ system in Legion as a new difficulty, lol.

There was nothing to do because it didn't exist. The content, the cities, everything that was promised or meant to happen got axed in favor of Legion and made the entire expansion kneecap itself post-launch. That entire expansion was alt friendly due to nothing existing for alts to even do outside of dungeons and raids. No open world content, no new zones, no nothing. It was very, very sad.

It was still a fun expansion though, while it lasted at least. Which for many was not even the first month

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

Mop for example had almost all of its world content packed with people with the battle field barrens always having groups for this events the isle of thunder filled with people doing the daily’s and trying to farm gold run keys and of course the mass amount of launch daily’s raiders forces them selfs to do for pre raid gear.

Then there’s lesser successes like the molten front in Cata or Mechagon which always had people on them if not as many or as varied as in types of players like mop was.
    MoP also tied its world content to solid rewards. Most world content helped you with valor or with reputations and Valor gave you very decent gear, just one tier below max.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

Mop had the biggest sub drop that we have the numbers for only recovering after they cut those dailies out... It peaked the worst of wod that we can see for overall losses. Mecha is one of the rare cases I can't comment on same with toc to ruby santum its one of the few rare breaks ive had from the game. I think a major issue is that the only world content I can think of as effective is runescape. I don't think it has a place with dynamic difficulty as it creates a weird dead area where skill and gear are to mismatched,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    While the last part is true (and still is) you're being entirely disingenuous leaving out the fact WoD had no content besides LFR / Raiding and Mythic dungeons way later on. I'm positive people didn't even know fucking Mythic dungeon difficulty existed either because it seems everyone was surprised by the M+ system in Legion as a new difficulty, lol.

There was nothing to do because it didn't exist. The content, the cities, everything that was promised or meant to happen got axed in favor of Legion and made the entire expansion kneecap itself post-launch. That entire expansion was alt friendly due to nothing existing for alts to even do outside of dungeons and raids. No open world content, no new zones, no nothing. It was very, very sad.

It was still a fun expansion though, while it lasted at least. Which for many was not even the first month
    There wasn't a mythic plus system in WoD... It had CM and in its last patch it had mythic dungeon but you didn't have the keystone system or a way to level it past base level mythic. I can agree that wod didn't have much to offer for players outside of raids with patches.