Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well Razsageth did escape before we got to the Isles. And the primal storms were happening before as well. So yeah, Alex mostly invited us to solve her mess for her.
    Nah, the invitation predates that. They just kinda overlap.

And TBC pre-event i mostly remember demons panically trying to run back through the portal while getting utterly slaughtered before they're even fully through.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck given Wrathion and Sabellian are going to be following Ebyssian around, maybe the rest of the Aspects could get a "court". Kalecgos just got his, maybe a couple could move in with him at the seat (Azuregos for sure, maybe Haleh) and Merithra could have her mother with her as an advisor.
    Pretty sure the other 3 have one already. It's just more of a political thing, so of little interest to us.

Blue were so decimated they had little need for one.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Pretty sure the other 3 have one already. It's just more of a political thing, so of little interest to us.

Blue were so decimated they had little need for one.
    The Reds in particular absolutely need a similar questline to what the Blues just got to show their actual surviving NPCs. Heck does Alex even have a consort?

And so far from what I've seen of 10.1.5 it seems it is only Nozdormu, Chromie and Soridormi. No Anachronos yet
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-29 at 11:11 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Do you guys think there is a chance for mage tower like activity in the next patches?

I think it would be easy to create boss fights for that type of content, since we deal with time travel stuff and something like that would keep player occupied for a long time.
    10.2 has "open world challenges" in roadmap. What it means no one knows, but if Blizzard calls something challenge, it's usually challenge for most players.

My dream would be Mage Tower with custom dragon skin for your class (different color for each spec, but you can use them all on your class after DF is over).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    My dream would be Mage Tower with custom dragon skin for your class (different color for each spec, but you can use them all on your class after DF is over).
    I can't say i would happy with that, because once they enable the use of your other mounts, i will probably never use DF drakes again.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    Would be cool to see, but I think eldritch beings with multiple eyes would be TOO close to Void beings.
    BE NOT AFRAID
    Technically-speaking, that wouldn't really be biblically-accurate in itself. The "biblically-accurate angels" meme fails to account for the entirety of the angelic hierarchy. However, I could see a different incarnation of that kind of idea working out well and being sufficiently-distinct from the Old Gods or Void Lords; namely, the highest offices of the Light could be held by entities analogous to the Seraphim. Seraphim already distinctly resemble Naaru in silhouette, so something of this stripe would likely resemble an exceptionally—perhaps nigh-incomprehensibly—grandiose Naaru splayed out in a wider shape with a much larger, perhaps blindly bright, core to simulate the appearance of six wings around a central head or eye.

There is nothing anthropomorphic about the Naaru. I'd assume that whatever the Naaru came from made them in its image. Another option would be for the Pantheon of Light to be pure sound creatures. The most characteristic thing about the Naaru imo is the chime sounds they made. Take a page out of Tolkien and make the original force incorporeal and musical and then the Prime Naaru are those who gain physical form but in doing so are removed from the pure Light.
    That would be quite interesting. I'm plenty willing to see that implemented.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-05-29 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post

That would be quite interesting. I'm plenty willing to see that implemented.
    If familiar with Illuvatar, the idea on Tolkien was that the creator gave its angels the ability to stay with them in incorporeal unity or explore the physical realm by gaining corporeal form (and effectively be exiled). You could easily do the same with the Naaru; their true form is the SOUND they make and the body is what they gained in order to enter the Physical, keeping them forever out from their original plane but allowing them to explore.

If familiar with Illuvatar, the idea on Tolkien was that the creator gave its angels the ability to stay with them in incorporeal unity or explore the physical realm by gaining corporeal form (and effectively be exiled). You could easily do the same with the Naaru; their true form is the SOUND they make and the body is what they gained in order to enter the Physical, keeping them forever out from their original plane but allowing them to explore.
    I must admit that appeals to me. It would not only constitute a sweet little acknowledgment of the effective grandfather of the genre, it would also call back to the more peculiar traits of the Naaru in a fairly satisfying way.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-05-29 at 12:31 PM.

There is nothing anthropomorphic about the Naaru. I'd assume that whatever the Naaru came from made them in its image. Another option would be for the Pantheon of Light to be pure sound creatures. The most characteristic thing about the Naaru imo is the chime sounds they made. Take a page out of Tolkien and make the original force incorporeal and musical and then the Prime Naaru are those who gain physical form but in doing so are removed from the pure Light.
    Anthropomorphism extends to such things as talking.

But i think the Light should be rather alien in a very angular, geometric and formulaic way, opposing the Void which is just random attributes and tentacles smashed together without much thought or logic. Pure sound would be impractical on a visual level.

Crystals actually represent the values of the Light rather well on a structural level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Not really. The Void stuff is mostly ripped from Lovecraft, while the Old Testament stuff could be a perfect counter to that, as it's ripped straight out of the Bible and whatnot.

Besides, we already have new Testament Angel's in the Kyrian, doing something more extreme design wise for the Light and its Pantheon would be perfect. The Naaru already have that Old Testament vibe to them.
    The Angelic Hierarchy wasn't dismantled between the Old and New Testaments. Different classes of Angels are distinct in their appearances. The Kyrians and Naaru both aesthetically evoke the appearance of different Angels on the Angelic Hierarchy.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-05-29 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Anthropomorphism extends to such things as talking.

But i think the Light should be rather alien in a very angular, geometric and formulaic way, opposing the Void which is just random attributes and tentacles smashed together without much thought or logic. Pure sound would be impractical on a visual level.

Crystals actually represent the values of the Light rather well on a structural level.
    The naaru don't talk. They communicate telepathically.

As for pure sound, I suggested that to be their form in the Plane of Light. I see no value in going into the plane of Light. We could perhaps visit Zereth Lumen down the line but why go to the plane?

The naaru don't talk. They communicate telepathically.

As for pure sound, I suggested that to be their form in the Plane of Light. I see no value in going into the plane of Light. We could perhaps visit Zereth Lumen down the line but why go to the plane?
    Ideally, the further away from any Zereths we are in the future, the better. I'd rather not have more of those big (narrative; the actual aesthetics are nice enough) uglies staining the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Ideally, the further away from any Zereths we are in the future, the better. I'd rather not have more of those big (narrative; the actual aesthetics are nice enough) uglies staining the lore.
    Honestly I could see way, way down the line an expansion that takes place IN the Zereths. Instead of having them as expansion zones, make an expansion out of the five left (maybe adding Zereth Mortis+ Sepulcher as a sixth zone)

Honestly I could see way, way down the line an expansion that takes place IN the Zereths. Instead of having them as expansion zones, make an expansion out of the five left (maybe adding Zereth Mortis+ Sepulcher as a sixth zone)
    Please no. God no. Do you want to kill the franchise?

Maaaaaybe in a few years when almost no one remembers SL we can have one of them as a patch zone.

BTW I watched the Bellular video about world revamp that everybody is bitching about and is just an ok video. It does not bring anything new, but interesting, nonetheless.

I find quite curious that every new asset / building has the exact same sizes than the old ones. I do not know how to take that. Might be something about the sizes of races, might imply that they are just doing a visual revamp (which as I have previously stated, does not make much sense to me), or might imply a phased revamp (which again, I do not think that It would work well, but hell, is better than no revamp).
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2023-05-29 at 02:23 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Please no. God no. Do you want to kill the franchise?

Maaaaaybe in a few years when almost no one remembers SL we can have one of them as a patch zone.
    What do you think "way down the line" means?

- - - Updated - - -

I find quite curious that every new asset / building has the exact same sizes than the old ones. I do not know how to take that. Might be something about the sizes of races, might imply that they are just doing a visual revamp (which as I have previously stated, does not make much sense to me), or might imply a phased revamp (which again, I do not think that It would work well, but hell, is better than no revamp).
    We talked about it with @Marlamin in this thread. If the world objects are spatially identical you could theoretically just replace them in the overworld via batch process. Just do a visual update. The terrain needs to be repainted but you could potentially replace buildings and other objects, maybe even trees by just replacing the object files.

The way I see it the big issue with a visual update is NOT the visual update. If you change the terrain even a little, every NPC, their routes, quests and quest objectives, anything is now suddenly tied to the wrong spot. If you can maintain the coordinates for the active zone areas though, you do the replacement and you are done.
    And one hopeful detail; old world border areas are UNUSED. They have no quests, no mobs. You can smooth out the terrain without disturbing NPC routes or quest flows. You probably would need to add something there but that's it. And consider Dragonflight; we move between zone borders constantly.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-29 at 02:43 PM.

Light, please, free me from the Blue Dragonflight chain, it never ends. It's the worst garbage I've seen in my life. I'm right now forced to drink tea and listen to kazoo music like in some shitty, generic chinese game. The fact that people is saying it's the best writing in a decade it's making my head spin.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Not among Dragons. Among Aspects. And it's not just about love and affection, or even banging. It's about breeding. Laying eggs. It's weird.

But what you just said is also kind of exactly why this is so weird. "[...] is simply normal among [...]" is a rational way of approaching fantasy. It's the only way you make sense of something like Game of Thrones, which is full of misogyny, slavery, etc. It's common for the people you're observing, and because of this, it's acceptable to see it happen. It's OK to write stories about it. But for the Blizzard team, almost nothing has been acceptable as of late. They're replacing women with fruits in paintings, for heaven's sake. So why is this particular thing accepted?
    If it's about eggs or breeding, it's not polyamory though. Far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    If it's about eggs or breeding, it's not polyamory though. Far from it.
    I think it depends. Alex seemed to have a loving relationship with her Consorts but Krasus was clearly her prime consort. Malygos was insane so we cannot really judge his relations but what we saw of him and Sindragosa is markedly different from his relation with Saragosa. Nozdormu only seems to have Soridormi and clearly cares for her as did Ysera for Eranikus. So I think with the exception of Alex, the rest had a Prime consort who is/was their partner in life and other partners were secondary. Which indeed is NOT polyamory.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I watched the Bellular video about world revamp that everybody is bitching about and is just an ok video. It does not bring anything new, but interesting, nonetheless.
    Yeah I don't know how much reddit has the same discussions we have but I often feel our discussions are just farmed for content . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    Light, please, free me from the Blue Dragonflight chain, it never ends. It's the worst garbage I've seen in my life. I'm right now forced to drink tea and listen to kazoo music like in some shitty, generic chinese game. The fact that people is saying it's the best writing in a decade it's making my head spin.
    So don't do it? It's just story. You're not missing out on anything.

You can always go back to afk valddrakken queue simulator, you don't have to do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    You want back that 30 sec of your life you spent on that tea drinking moment?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.