Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    IT F***ING HELPS, thats why im fine with it, bcs it helps...
    How does it help? If you are on retail you still have more than enough botters and gold sellers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Ah, good 'ol magical thinking. Do you still believe in Santa Clause? I've got some real bad news for you.
    No idea what you want to say with that

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    But then again, it's not my job to come up with solutions for Blizzard to do their job.
    you: ITS EASY TO SOLVE!
    me: then tell me solutions
    you: ITS NOT MY JOB!

could just say you have nothing, i already knew that but would be nice if you would man up and admit it....
    im done, have fun, hope your hatred towards blizz wont cause you too much health issues

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I think you lose on logic, I didn't say it was an issue enforcing it, my issues, is there are people simple enough to think wow today there are less gold spammers tokens are great... and the reason being though blizz timed the ban way just after the tokens.
    I mean, I think anything which reduces the amount of spam in the game is a good thing. I don't know why you seem to think that has anything to do with them banning people who bought botted gold. These are two entirely different things.

How does it help? If you are on retail you still have more than enough botters and gold sellers
    there were websites names spelled of dead bots, whispers from sellers, and other shite on daily basis...
    if you think gold selling is as rampant as it was before token you are either bright as night or troll, either way not worth wasting more of anybodys time...

No idea what you want to say with that
    You don't want to think about solutions because that'd require you to actually engage with the argument Blizzard made against botters. You'd rather rely on magical thinking to presume that a solution other than the token exists and they're just too stubborn/lazy/greedy to do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    you: ITS EASY TO SOLVE!
    me: then tell me solutions
    you: ITS NOT MY JOB!
    Are you willfully ignoring what I wrote? I directed you to the solutions Dadwen for instance posted. I can copy and paste them again if it helps, but then again it seems like you are only capable of reading one sentence most from my posts

could just say you have nothing, i already knew that but would be nice if you would man up and admit it....
    im done, have fun, hope your hatred towards blizz wont cause you too much health issues
    It would be nice if you would man up and actually read my whole post, that would be nice for a start

- - - Updated - - -

You don't want to think about solutions because that'd require you to actually engage with the argument Blizzard made against botters. You'd rather rely on magical thinking to presume that a solution other than the token exists and they're just too stubborn/lazy/greedy to do it.
    There exist other solutions than tokens (which is not a solution at all, you still didn't answer why it doesn't help on retail if it's a solution). Read my whole post and you will know which solutions I directed to

- - - Updated - - -

there were websites names spelled of dead bots, whispers from sellers, and other shite on daily basis...
    if you think gold selling is as rampant as it was before token you are either bright as night or troll, either way not worth wasting more of anybodys time...
    which you still get just more hidden, you still even have the same adds in looking for dungeon/raid. But how does tokens stop gold sellers exactly in not posting their ads?

I mean, I think anything which reduces the amount of spam in the game is a good thing. I don't know why you seem to think that has anything to do with them banning people who bought botted gold. These are two entirely different things.
    reducing it right as the token came out, nothing fishy there.
    and when I did play, those would reduced it for about 5 or 6 days then it just started over again (rinse repeat nothing to be that excited about)

so they banned people for some other reasons, and all the gold spam just went away because they just are too uninterested to compete with blizzard at gold selling (wow they sure give up easily... ya not believing that for a sec.....)

There exist other solutions than tokens (which is not a solution at all, you still didn't answer why it doesn't help on retail if it's a solution). Read my whole post and you will know which solutions I directed to
    Yes, Blizzard can just go to the GM store and buy a couple hundred thousand GMs whose sole purpose is to squash bots. Nothing magical about this thinking at all!

- - - Updated - - -

which you still get just more hidden, you still even have the same adds in looking for dungeon/raid. But how does tokens stop gold sellers exactly in not posting their ads?
    Turns out when people realize that Blizzard enforces their ToS and bans people who buy botted gold the demand for botted gold begins to dwindle as well. Who knew.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Blizzard can just go to the GM store and buy a couple hundred thousand GMs whose sole purpose is to squash bots. Nothing magical about this thinking at all!
    Yes they could hire some GMs like they did back in the day, that would prevent at least the most blatant kind of botting which players suffer under daily in BGs for example. Still waiting for that blue Blizzard post you mentioned by the way. Any chance you might redirect me to it or?

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out when people realize that Blizzard enforces their ToS and bans people who buy botted gold the demand for botted gold begins to dwindle as well. Who knew.
    Source please, sounds like headcanon to me

Really you have something to back that up or just a guess? * if it's cheaper you don't think people will not still flock to it.

Yes they could hire some GMs like they did back in the day, that would prevent at least the most blatant kind of botting which players suffer under daily in BGs for example. Still waiting for that blue Blizzard post you mentioned by the way. Any chance you might redirect me to it or?
    I'm waiting for a single shred of evidence that they aren't still doing this.

Source please, sounds like headcanon to me
    Source: Most people would like their WoW accounts not banned?

7+ Year Old Account
    Really you have something to back that up or just a guess? * if it's cheaper you don't think people will not still flock to it.
    More wishful thinking than a guess, if that would be true goldseller sites wouldn't exist or dwindle to, which they are unfortunately not

More wishful thinking than a guess, if that would be true goldseller sites wouldn't exist or dwindle to, which they are unfortunately not
    last time I played I could not tell any different other than I got a LOT more copper (they would attach it to the ad in the mail I just ignored them, sure there was prob a gold worth in there when I unsubbed).

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for a single shred of evidence that they aren't still doing this.
    burden of proof fallacy. google it.

Source: Most people would like their WoW accounts not banned?
    ??? and how is that a source to your claim.

- - - Updated - - -

last time I played I could not tell any different other than I got a LOT more copper (they would attach it to the ad in the mail I just ignored them, sure there was prob a gold worth in there when I unsubbed).
    Same old stuff just slightly diffrent methods. Low level chars whispering you or the different variations of "Blizzard GM" names and whispering you to visit their sites to lose accounts. Tokens didn't help one bit against gold sellers/botter. Surely it will work now for classic

burden of proof fallacy. google it.
    You don't know how Blizzard detects bots. I don't know how Blizzard detects bots. If Blizzard came out and told us how they detect bots, botters would use this information to create better bots. Assuming that "bots exist, therefore Blizzard isn't doing enough to stop them" doesn't make any sense when we have Blizzard telling us in a recent Blue post that they closed more than 70,000 accounts in just a two week time period for botting. They're doing something. They're banning almost 2 million botters' accounts a year. It's a losing battle.

??? and how is that a source to your claim.
    I don't think I need to source the presumption that most people would naturally prefer to do things which prevent their account from getting banned?

It's funny how in 20 years, this entire conversation still has forum heroes going "Blizzard just DOESN'T WANT TO SOLVE THIS. It would be EASY to do, they're just LAZY. How should they do it? Lmao is it my job to come up with a solution? It's Blizzard's job and they're NOT DOING IT, but they could, easily. What do you mean how do I know that? Lmao corporate shill much OMG."

It's like it's fresh out of the early 2000s.

This argument is going in circles and I'm surprised y'all ain't bored yet

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't know how Blizzard detects bots. I don't know how Blizzard detects bots. If Blizzard came out and told us how they detect bots, botters would use this information to create better bots. Assuming that "bots exist, therefore Blizzard isn't doing enough to stop them" doesn't make any sense when we have Blizzard telling us in a recent Blue post that they closed more than 70,000 accounts in just a two week time period for botting. They're doing something. They're banning almost 2 million botters' accounts a year. It's a losing battle.
    Lot's of text to deflect from my question again. It was about Blizzard using GMs to detect bots and ban them, no idea why you ramble about a ban wave of bots now.

I don't think I need to source the presumption that most people would naturally prefer to do things which prevent their account from getting banned?
    Which would mean that Blizzard bans people doing that to begin with, doesn't seem to work at all since buying gold is still rampant. So you pulled that out of your ass, like lot's of other stuff before until you change your opinion after being called out for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's funny how in 20 years, this entire conversation still has forum heroes going "Blizzard just DOESN'T WANT TO SOLVE THIS. It would be EASY to do, they're just LAZY. How should they do it? Lmao is it my job to come up with a solution? It's Blizzard's job and they're NOT DOING IT, but they could, easily. What do you mean how do I know that? Lmao corporate shill much OMG."

It's like it's fresh out of the early 2000s.
    It truely is funny yes, and how Blizzard is still pulling reasons out of their bum to profit from these issues instead of working on a solution like other companies are trying to instead of throwing the towel to bots

Lot's of text to deflect from my question again. It was about Blizzard using GMs to detect bots and ban them, no idea why you ramble about a ban wave of bots now.
    My dude, I ask you for the eleven thousandth time, how on earth can you possibly deduce that Blizzard isn't already using humans to detect bots? If they're closing 2 million accounts a year that indicates to me that there's a high likelihood of human interaction at some point of the process. Your counterargument is that "they aren't doing enough," and I'm telling you that "enough" is an ever-moving target that will always be proportionally larger than whatever measures Blizzard uses.

Which would mean that Blizzard bans people doing that to begin with, doesn't seem to work at all since buying gold is still rampant. So you pulled that out of your ass, like lot's of other stuff before until you change your opinion after being called out for it.
    There are plenty of examples of Blizzard banning people for buying gold prior to the token's existence.

It truely is funny yes, and how Blizzard is still pulling reasons out of their bum to profit from these issues instead of working on a solution like other companies are trying to instead of throwing the towel to bots
    A solution which amounts to "hire more GMs" while completely ignoring the reality that they already have plenty of real people doing it and the battle against botters is one which Blizzard will always lose. Blizzard could spend the equivalent GDP of a small African country on stopping botting and botting would still exist because bots generate money. They'd go out of business and you'd still be here on forums whining about how you still see bots therefore they're not doing enough. You fundamentally do not understand the problem and you think that Blizzard is so fucking greedy that they haven't already tried the obvious solutions. That's what irks me about your approach to this argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they're closing 2 million accounts a year that indicates to me that there's a high likelihood of human interaction at some point of the process. Your counterargument is that "they aren't doing enough," and I'm telling you that "enough" is an ever-moving target that will always be proportionally larger than whatever measures Blizzard uses.
    You were asking me for evidence that they are not doing it hand-by-hand like they did back in the days as you have wrote in post #293. Now you are changing it to "human interaction at some point" moving the goal post again like you are doing all the time in this thread.

There are plenty of examples of Blizzard banning people for buying gold prior to the token's existence.
    So you want to say they are not doing that anymore with the tokens existence? Bedcause the token works so great? lmao

A solution which amounts to "hire more GMs" while completely ignoring the reality that they already have plenty of real people doing it and the battle against botters is one which Blizzard will always lose. Blizzard could spend the equivalent GDP of a small African country on stopping botting and botting would still exist because bots generate money. They'd go out of business and you'd still be here on forums whining about how you still see bots therefore they're not doing enough. You fundamentally do not understand the problem and you think that Blizzard is so fucking greedy that they haven't already tried the obvious solutions. That's what irks me about your approach to this argument.
    It's one of many solutions nobody writes that they have to tackle the problem only this way. Also the whole debacle in this mess is not finding the perfect solution against botting but them knowingly using that issue under a false flag to profit from the problem saying "but we do that against botting guys". You still didn't engage why botting and gold selling is still a thing in retail then and I know why, because be both know it doesn't work