15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It isnt strange at all, it just upsets you.
    Whatever you need to tell yourself. It doesn't upset me at all that people cling to hate and surround themselves with things they don't like. No where did I say I want an echo chamber of fan bois that only want something positive. Quit creating a strawman because you have nothing else of substance. I welcome, and always have, constructive criticisms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    The worst part about D4 is not that it is bad. The worst part is it is completely pointless. Everything in it could've easily been done as a D3 expansion. Even calling it an expansion is a stretch. More like a content patch.
    Given the engine age and graphical differences I highly doubt it could have easily been reproduced in a content patch. Sure they could have branded it as a Diablo expansion much like WoW has engine and core game updates each expansion. Though that might not have worked as well since D4 has some fundamental system differences like with the paragon system that would essentially mean character wipes for D3 if it was an expansion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Rather than reply to each of you, let me say this: Why then do ANY of you believe D4 will be any different? Its literally the same company making the game...

"but THIS time it will be different! Just look at how well they did with Hots....sorry bad example, look how well they did with SC2! shit, not a great one to pick - look how great they did with Warcraft 3 reforged!......okok, another miss......No way they would have missed Overwatch 2 up though, thats a easy win...........whats that? they completely murdered that franchise as well? Nah, wont happen to D4 guys, its a sure thing!"
    Yea most are just dumb and don't realize they are being fooled again by the blizz marketing machine to make you preorder it.
    All of their games have the same mechanics. Just a useless grind filled with FOMO to make you invest time and money in the game.

The worst part about D4 is not that it is bad. The worst part is it is completely pointless. Everything in it could've easily been done as a D3 expansion. Even calling it an expansion is a stretch. More like a content patch.
    That's bollocks... and you know it.
    This isn't Overwatch 2.

While you could add much of this content in D3 and I liked D's gameplay more than I liked the limited gameplay I saw from D4 (which may well have to do with the massive difference in power and not be true after a while), the style of the two games is massively different. One of the things they clearly took to heart with D4 is returning to a grittier experience both visually and narratively.

Plus in order to be able to sell cosmetics to people so you can fund the game over time you need higher graphics fidelity and if possible, a lobby for them to show off.

7+ Year Old Account
    I knew from the title alone that this thread will have a bunch of people for some reason trying really hard to convince others that D4 is shit, but you guys are reaching a new heights here.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatBlast View Post
    They really should just put a big warning under the MMO-champion image of, "Love Blizzard or leave". Would solve a lot of basically the only discussion had here, though so there's that.
    MMO-C once had over 200,000 users logged in at once discussing wow and other Blizzard products. Now it struggles to maintain 100 - not 100k......100. Sadly, the whole "if you dont like it just leave" attitude is a big part of that. Discords and stuff is obviously a factor too, but this community consumed itself.

The problem as i see it is, there are mostly extremes left - those frustrated with Blizzards recent products, like hmmm......overwatch 2. And those who handwave it all away, over and over and over again. There is a VERY common theme in modern game fandom:

Its just alpha, they have only just started working on it
    Its only beta, relax, they said they are working on it

Game Launches

Its only day 1, their servers obviously cant handle the huge load
    Its only the first week, relax, its always like this
    Its only the first month, its getting better (actually players leaving taking load of the servers)
    Its only the first Tier/Season, they said they are working on things
    Its not even half way through the expansion, its getting better

Announcement for next expansion/product

omfg that looks AMAZING! holy shit they are making all the changes we asked for! *pre orders ultra delux turbo alpha edition*

Its just alpha guys, relax!

And yes, there are those on the other side of the same coin who say this at every stage:

This looks shit
    This looks shit

This looks shit

This looks shit

This looks shit

This looks shit

This looks shit

But, if you look at Blizzards most recent releases, it seems pretty obvious which group has the higher accuracy.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    That's bollocks... and you know it.
    This isn't Overwatch 2.
    HAHA, yeah, and the exact same company that literally erased Overwatch from existence to replace it with OW2, then removed the MAIN FEATURE of OW2, you know, their reason for removing OW1, they would NEVER do exactly the same thing with D4. The sad truth is OW2 was barely even an expansion. It did make some pretty big changes, in particular 5v5, but nothing that a major patch couldnt have covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Bro, you pay $25 for 2 hrs of non-interactive entertainment every time you go to see a movie, but won't pay $70 for basically a few weeks of interactive entertainment?
    Why fly a kite when you can just pop a pill?

Which side is right is heavily dependant on your subjective view...
    People who think D4 is shit will obviously think the ones saying it's shit are accurate.
    While the opposite is also true.

I've played both betas and what I've seen is enough to get my money's worth. And from their responses and changes to the game based on the feedback shows they also listen. So to me that side is 'correct'.

Then of course you have the ones who think the game is perfect, although I can't recall one claiming it here who think the ones claiming it's perfect are correct.

The entire notion of "this group is more correct" is such a ridiculous and pointless statement.
    It's like saying "the view that aligns with my perception is correct".

What even is the point? There's not correct or wrong.
    Then we have straight up liars and trolls, but that's another topic.
    Actually, if we go by this forum in general it seems like the ones who "complain" have been more consistently wrong about D4 than people who praise it. I don't mean opinion, but straight up facts.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-05-30 at 08:08 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

6 new acts is a content patch? What are you smoking my dude?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Bro, you pay $25 for 2 hrs of non-interactive entertainment every time you go to see a movie, but won't pay $70 for basically a few weeks of interactive entertainment?
    The last time I went to movies was to see Avatar.

The first one. In 2009.

Not planning to go see a movie ever again with these prices. Also watching movies is more fun at home.

Anyhow, Diablo 4 is terribly overpriced, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I knew from the title alone that this thread will have a bunch of people for some reason trying really hard to convince others that D4 is shit, but you guys are reaching a new heights here.
    Well I'm convinced, I'm also convinced Path of Exiles is shit, WoW is shit, everything Blizzard does is shit. Fuck it all video games are shit, I've become Stan when he got aspergers or whatever that shitty episode was back before South Park turned to shit. If I ever need to hate the games I play or humanity in general I can just come to these forums. Not even out and people are already declaring it dead on arrival. I am so very tired.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

7+ Year Old Account
    The point of games are to entertain. If it can do that for you it accomplishes what it set out to be.

- - - Updated - - -

MMO-C once had over 200,000 users logged in at once discussing wow and other Blizzard products. Now it struggles to maintain 100 - not 100k......100. Sadly, the whole "if you dont like it just leave" attitude is a big part of that. Discords and stuff is obviously a factor too, but this community consumed itself.
    Actually Discords and other forms of communicating online are the biggest factors. Online forums like these are a thing of the past.

Diablo and ARPGs in general are not for me, the only game -of this genre- that i really enjoyed and i might have still been playing, if it was not that crazy with its monetization, would be Lost Ark, but i am very curious to see how things will unfold in a few days.

The brief period that i have spent playing the beta i figured that this game is not for me and i am glad that Blizzard gave us the opportunity to do so. OW2 was a free game and due to the beta i figured that i should spend 40 euros to "support" the upcoming PVE, which is now cancelled, but still my coins are there and i have put many hours of gameplay during season 1 that i do not regret the purchase.

I am not a veteran in games "asking" for battle passes to be enjoyed at their fullest, but two seasons of APEX (one of which, starting with 25 lvls unlocked) and one season in OW2 taught me that this "grind" burns me out and i can't really gain their full rewards via playing due to my time restrictions. Basically, i figured that if there is a game that you actually enjoy and you like to play, it is better to just buy the coins that you want and instead play as a free user.

However, D4's business model has a peculliar monetization strategy attached on it. It is an AAA game with a battle pass attached to it, basically you buy either Elden Ring or TotK or GoW with a battle pass. From the amount of time that i have spend in the "demo" and again i am glad that there was a demo, i figured that D4 is not on the same caliber as those aforementioned games, to spend 70 euros for the base game plus the battle pass.

But if the game turns out to be good and has good endgame content etc etc and receives good cirticism i am going to buy it.

You're either trolling or so far into the gaming circlejerk that you don't see the sun anymore. Lmao. It's like saying D3 was just a patch for D2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The last time I went to movies was to see Avatar.

The first one. In 2009.

Not planning to go see a movie ever again with these prices. Also watching movies is more fun at home.

Anyhow, Diablo 4 is terribly overpriced, too.
    At some point you gotta realize that your habits and opinions are so far away from the average consumer target market that they're not even thinking about you anymore. If you don't watch a single movie at the theater in 14 years because it's too pricey while box office records get smashed almost every year then yeah, the world might seem a little overpriced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    At some point you gotta realize that your habits and opinions are so far away from the average consumer target market that they're not even thinking about you anymore. If you don't watch a single movie at the theater in 14 years because it's too pricey while box office records get smashed almost every year then yeah, the world might seem a little overpriced.
    I certainly am aware that I'm not anywhere close to an average consumer. I consume "nothing": movies, fast food/eating out etc. - things people "normally" do.

I find all of them way overpriced. However, I do play games, use multiple streaming services and eat well at home every single day.

Still, Diablo 4 is way overpriced for what it is and especially what its business model is. With cash shop and seasonal battle pass, the game should be maximum 40e, and that is with the added Blizzard brand price tag.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Still, Diablo 4 is way overpriced for what it is and especially what its business model is. With cash shop and seasonal battle pass, the game should be maximum 40e, and that is with the added Blizzard brand price tag.
    I'm guessing e is for Euros. That would put it at around $42 usd given current prices. Diablo 2 launched at $50 and its expansion was $35 usd. You honestly think that Diablo 4 is worth less than Diablo 2 and almost the same as its expansion? Ignore the cash shop and battlepass as those two things are 100% optional and do not impact the value of the box/key price.

It's totally fine that you don't like the game and don't think its worth it but there is no reason to use silly reasons for that.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Whatever you need to tell yourself. It doesn't upset me at all that people cling to hate and surround themselves with things they don't like. No where did I say I want an echo chamber of fan bois that only want something positive. Quit creating a strawman because you have nothing else of substance. I welcome, and always have, constructive criticisms.
    And you spend your entire time on the site white knighting anything and everything from the big meanies attacking it. I'm sure Blizzard, Amazon, Disney, Netflix and whatever other giant corporations are thankful for your support from the mean MMO Champ posters attacking their products. I literally had to go back 30 pages (that's like 700 posts) in your post history to find the first post of yours that wasn't in a contentious argumentative thread. Why do you feel compulsed to argue against people who don't like stuff?

Other people might spend too much time arguing about things they "hate" (your words, not ours), but you seemingly spend ALL your time arguing for the sake of arguing.

People have always, and will always, argue more about the things they WANT to be good but they think currently aren't than they ever will arguing about things they simply don't like in the first place. Pretending that there is no value in expressing subjective dissatisfaction in a given product, system, idea, or anything else is utterly asinine, as is pretending that people are here posting about things they hate in the hopes that it will fail, rather than in the hopes that it will improve.

You have no interest in constructive criticism, nor could you given your proclivity to continue an argument by any means necessary. Since any and all criticism can be painted as simply "clinging to hate and surrounding themselves with people they don't like", whether or not a criticism is constructive or not is largely irrelevant. Nobody is forcing you to be here, reading these posts that you clearly view as hatred of a product, and incessantly replying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    6 new acts is a content patch? What are you smoking my dude?
    https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/The_Fall_of_Oriath

The Fall of Oriath adds six new acts:

Act 5
    Act 6
    Act 7
    Act 8
    Act 9
    Act 10
    August 4, 2017.. the day that GGG released 6 new acts as a content patch for PoE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    And you spend your entire time on the site white knighting anything and everything from the big meanies attacking it.
    I don't but whatever narrative you need to create to justify why you are really the good guy. You are asking me why I feel compelled to argue when you just said you went through 700 of my posts just to find something to argue. It's not me that is the problem even though a lot of you like to create that double standard of whatever you do is fine and whatever I do is not.

Do you have an example of me saying constructive criticism is clinging to hate? Criticism being constructive is entirely relevant. That is the only good kinda of criticism. The only kind that serves a purpose beyond the posters ego and need to justify the hatred they hold on to rather then letting it go. A game being bad doesn't personally harm them, or rather it shouldn't, so there is no reason to get so upset over it. They can accept it isn't for them and move on to something that actually gives them joy (ignoring that some do find joy in hating of course.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    August 4, 2017.. the day that GGG released 6 new acts as a content patch for PoE.
    Those only have 6-10 quests with 7 being the most common. How many quests, and content, are in the average act for the Diablo franchise? This is one of the prime problems when just taking things at face value between games because there are no industry enforced requirements and an act for one thing is just a chapter for another game.

15+ Year Old Account
    So uhhh, that's a shithouse comparison since you specifically had to remove one of the biggest reasons why the box price of d4 is exorbitant (and not just D4, but any bloody full-price game), the additional purchase/mtx shop.
    Microsoft and Sony have stated first party titles will be $70 and ABK has followed that as well. Nintendo will have some of their titles be $70 but not all. Ubisoft will have their "big AAA" games at $70. The price of Diablo 4 has to do with what is becoming an industry standard.

Just because Diablo has a battle pass and a cash shop doesn't make that price exorbitant. Why can only lowered price games have those? Not to mention you can experience the game with out purchasing any of those things as they only sell cosmetics. Which would mean your logic indicates the game isn't over priced, right? As it is just the box price for access with no additional cost until an expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not my logic, that's you being incapable of understanding why increased prices for shit like "inflation" or "cost increases" is bullshit: They have already met these issues with increased avenues of spending. At this point, we can just agree to disagree, because you haven't brought anything other than "I like games costing more" and that's just how it should be because. . . you like that? Okay, cool I guess, I just expect better, and you don't. Agree to disagree.
    I don't like games costing more. Stop creating a strawman. $70 isn't exorbitantly more expensive. It is only a $10 increase over what the old standard for games was. The monetization doesn't factor into the price increase or why it is expensive seeing as how the person that spawned this tangent would see even a $60 D4 over priced. Even in the 90's there were games that were $60. Prices tended to fluctuate based on the company rather then most adopting a standard. Gaming has always been expensive.

Notice though how you didn't complain about gaming being expensive and a desire for it to be cheaper but you blamed it being expensive because of the monetization included. So if it didn't have the extra monetization you'd be fine with a $70 game because you said it was over priced because of that monetization. You indicate you'd still think it is over priced which just shows the goal posts get moved endlessly.