Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I hope you never ever make an exaggerated claim to prove a point ever. Otherwise this should rightfully come back to haunt you.
    At the least, I hope that if he does, he doesn't double down on the bullshit when called on it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Newly started company working on a MMO ish game. Great, i will put myself in ice and wake up 10 years from now ready for the announcement trailer and then 4 years after that il be ready for the beta and then 2 years after that im rdy for the launch!

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    Newly started company working on a MMO ish game. Great, i will put myself in ice and wake up 10 years from now ready for the announcement trailer and then 4 years after that il be ready for the beta and then 2 years after that im rdy for the launch!
    I'm mostly interested in seeing the design choices they end up making. It would be real ground truth for these endless hardcore/casual debates, or at least for their take on it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Uh so are we in the “ Holinka ruined class design and PvP and should be fired” stage still or do we swap over to “ Holinka was one of the best devs and made the game great and now it Will die” stage?
    It seems to be flip flopping back and forth. Sites like these love to highlight these kinds of headlines because they always seem to stir the pot one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    At the least, I hope that if he does, he doesn't double down on the bullshit when called on it.
    I mean, I had nothing to do with the original start.

I just think it's super weird that someone comes in and straight up claims the ol' "I don't care what they did, they made good games" which IS basically what was said, but instead of that being the controversial take, apparently it's the reaction to that take that gets the kneejerk reaction.

Uh so are we in the “ Holinka ruined class design and PvP and should be fired” stage still or do we swap over to “ Holinka was one of the best devs and made the game great and now it Will die” stage?
    i mean holinka oversaw from late cata to now. it doesn't exactly fit with the internet rage meme but i'd say both. mop and wod had wonderful combat and rotation design (speaking from pve as i don't enjoy wow pvp) and basically everything after was average or trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda leaves Ion as the last of the old guard.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I hope you never ever make an exaggerated claim to prove a point ever. Otherwise this should rightfully come back to haunt you.
    I have, but not when talking about serious claims of sexual harassment/rape. Pretty distinct line imo.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    WoW universally has the worst balancing in any MMO ever created
    Either you haven't played more than one MMO (that being WoW), or you hit the crack pipe a bit too hard before typing that comment

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i mean holinka oversaw from late cata to now. it doesn't exactly fit with the internet rage meme but i'd say both. mop and wod had wonderful combat and rotation design (speaking from pve as i don't enjoy wow pvp) and basically everything after was average or trash.
    He was just the lead PvP designer in mop/Wod and personally I can’t say I know any one who liked mop/Wod PvP. well that’s not completely true I did enjoy dunking on people with my raid group on the timeless isle with our heroic gear which made us near unstoppable, though I wouldn’t count that as legit PvP.

He was only lead combat Dev post BFA launch and I’d say with missed results in SL and better. But still a bit spotty ones in DF. From a PvP perspective that is.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

He was just the lead PvP designer in mop/Wod and personally I can’t say I know any one who liked mop/Wod PvP. well that’s not completely true I did enjoy dunking on people with my raid group on the timeless isle with our heroic gear which made us near unstoppable, though I wouldn’t count that as legit PvP.

He was only lead combat Dev post BFA launch and I’d say with missed results in SL and better. But still a bit spotty ones in DF. From a PvP perspective that is.
    ah, well i found shadowlands to be among the worst of the designs. i can't believe kill shot was added to survival in that expacs alpha and nearly went live requiring a MELEE spec to have a ranged weapon equipped to use it. so i guess that changes my opinion to just bad since i've never been much of a wow pvp person since early cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    Yeah 1. lol, just 1. more people have left blizzard in the last 3 years than in the past 10... and i'm talking about the higher up's, not the paper-pushers
    Source? Again, not saying nothing is happening, but saying Holinka leaving after 11 years is proof the company is dying is beyond stupid.

Did I say some where that it was? I'm pointing out that it was further spread then just one guy and the higher up's aren't only saying sorry to save face when they really knew but were actively making the situation worse by not only turning a blind eye but reprimanding those who came forward.
    Do you have any proof? All you have is he said she said. Why settle so quickly if they had all this evidence that Blizzard didn't get rid of the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Money talks my dude.

- - - Updated - - -
    And more money talks more than just money.

That’ll still be way before Star Citizen gets out of “Pre-Alpha “.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Do you have any proof? All you have is he said she said. Why settle so quickly if they had all this evidence that Blizzard didn't get rid of the problem?
    It’s not even a “he said she said” as the he in this case is agreeing with the she that this stuff happened.

And blizzard provided there own proof when they fired/disciplined around 70 people in relation to this stuff after the lawsuit broke.

Unless you want to pretend they were always doing so and theses 70’s just so happens to show up in that time frame.
    Activision Blizzard has confirmed that the company released 37 employees for workplace misconduct since July 2021, when it was sued by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing for failing to address sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace. The company also reported that it's disciplined 44 other employees in an attempt to fix the situation internally.
    https://gamerant.com/activision-bliz...es-misconduct/
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

How does someone even get funding for that? Who trusts you with money for a product that is decades out when it is your first product and you have nothing to show?

10+ Year Old Account
    zero miss
    both did more bad than good, but GC at least was a polite good human being, Holinka always talked from high top of his echo room, refuse to listen, demand we ask questions to his likes, and make sure we are worthless
    only thing Holinka did 'good' was show that GC while did many wrong things, at least show that a decent human being is still way better than a shit human, even if both sucked
    and before blizz simps get pitchfork, i know they are more of 'visage' to stand in fire than actual decision makers (Holinka himself view of wow as player are almost exact opposite as game developer), but they chose to be that visage, to take all blame to shield their $$$ superiors, something that makes me despise them even more
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Either you haven't played more than one MMO (that being WoW), or you hit the crack pipe a bit too hard before typing that comment
    Ye, pvp in all MMORPGs is a shitshow. The only variation is how fun it is to play, but its always badly balanced. Tbh, it cant really be done unless they seperate pvp & pve totally from eachother or build the whole game around pvp. I've played a couple of OKish balanced PvP MMORPGs, but they have then been sooo boring.

That said - theres PvP MMORPGs out there that is a complete shitshow too so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Source? Again, not saying nothing is happening, but saying Holinka leaving after 11 years is proof the company is dying is beyond stupid.
    this website? did u miss news for last few years?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power