Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    He doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I was talking about "Guard the one in front". Not all team comps are going to have someone that can guard.
    Huh, how about that. I stand corrected, can't say I've noticed the trinket one lol.

But yeah, everything depends on your team comp. The baby doesn't require you to have the guard for immobilize to make the entire gimmick redundant though.

Also, if you go and try and kill harvest baby and have neither of movement abilities, immobilize or knockbacks then you will have a bad time. You shouldn't make a comp like that and go for the boss though. It can work ofc...

Same as even though general is easy you shouldn't bring a team comp without any way to hit 4th position...

Dunno, I feel saying "depends on your team comp" is kind of redundant because the entire game is about making decisions based on the comp you've chosen.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-05-24 at 08:26 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

Dunno, I feel saying "depends on your team comp" is kind of redundant because the entire game is about making decisions based on the comp you've chosen.
    All I was getting at is that is a very specific strategy. It's a little more complicated than "have people that can hit the back rank".

Really all I was doing in the first place was ranking the lair bosses in a very general and very anecdotal sense.
    For me (from easiest to hardest):

1) General
    2) Librarian
    3) Baby
    4) Leviathan

I just feel like I have the lowest win rate against Leviathan and the highest win rate with the General. After that it becomes more like guess work...but I feel that I have a slightly better win/loss record against the Librarian than the Baby.

But it's all a bit theoretical because it all changes based on team composition, trinkets, quirks, etc. I mean, even if you were to take the same team every run... it's not the exact same team. Different quirks, different trinkets, etc.

I've also fought Leviathan way less than the rest...since I've been playing since the begining of Early Access and the Leviathan wasn't available at launch. So there's probably still an element of comparative inexperience there... but I think most people feel the same about Leviathan just being on a higher difficulty tier than the rest.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I hardly ever use the Runaway.. I just don't find any of her paths to be all that good.

She, the Leper and (due to the stupid miniboss) Flagellant are the least good classes IMO. They're just too situational and often their Paths aren't that great, while say the Plague Doc, Man-at-Arms and Highwayman can all get good Paths and trinkets.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    She, the Leper and (due to the stupid miniboss) Flagellant are the least good classes IMO. They're just too situational and often their Paths aren't that great, while say the Plague Doc, Man-at-Arms and Highwayman can all get good Paths and trinkets.
    I heard Flagellant was "bad" or not "good enough" with his event drawback. Got very surprised when I, personally, found him incredibly strong. Multiple ways to heal himself and others, not much of conditions required. Taunts and heal after taking damage... Pumped one to 103 hp and he could tank stuff for days. Getting just 2 taunts is a bit of a bummer, but that's where the healing he does comes in.
    Haven't faced the miniboss yet even though I use him frequently.

I agree PD, MAA and HWM are the best ones overall though.

Runaway is fun to combo with PD's magnesium rain for that sweet 6dmg/r on all 4 ranks. Still not that good though.

I heard Flagellant was "bad" or not "good enough" with his event drawback. Got very surprised when I, personally, found him incredibly strong. Multiple ways to heal himself and others, not much of conditions required. Taunts and heal after taking damage... Pumped one to 103 hp and he could tank stuff for days. Getting just 2 taunts is a bit of a bummer, but that's where the healing he does comes in.

I agree PD, MAA and HWM are the best ones overall though.

Runaway is fun to combo with PD's magnesium rain for that sweet 6dmg/r on all 4 ranks. Still not that good though.
    Maybe I was just unlucky, but the 3 times I used him the miniboss arrived at the worst possible time and ruined my attempt one way or another. He himself is indeed quite strong but he's not Man-at-Arms tier of tank and with the big downside of the miniboss time bomb I just don't trust the guy, sadly because he's very cool.

If the Runaway could at least hit every position without having to move, or credible burn resist bypass, she'd be OK. As it is she's not as good for dots as the plague doc, can't heal, and not as good for tokens and debuffing as Occultist (who also can heal). I'm struggling to see what her purpose is.

I also really like the Flagellant. It's a bit jarring to see him as a "blighter" and not a "bleeder".. but once I got past that I also found him to be really strong. His blights do seem to be easier to resist than PD's... but he's quite versatile. He can tank, heal, and stress heal all while putting out decent damage. He can be put in pretty much any position. If you've got him and PD in a group...the General is a cakewalk.

I actually think the personal miniboss is a very cool idea. Having that trigger at the end of a fight gives another "squeaky bum time" moment. I kinda wish the other characters had something like that to add in an extra element of flavour to every run... not necessarily a boss fight...but some kind of personalized event.

The character that disappoints me the most is the Vestal. Maybe I haven't used her enough...but she just doesn't seem to be particularly good at anything. In DD1 she was the most used class in my party comps. Now PD has that honour and I struggle to create a team where she's a better fit than anyone else.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2023-05-24 at 06:53 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I also really like the Flagellant. It's a bit jarring to see him as a "blighter" and not a "bleeder".. but once I got past that I also found him to be really strong. His blights do seem to be easier to resist than PD's... but he's quite versatile. He can tank, heal, and stress heal all while putting out decent damage. He can be put in pretty much any position. If you've got him and PD in a group...the General is a cakewalk.

I actually think the personal miniboss is a very cool idea. Having that trigger at the end of a fight gives another "squeaky bum time" moment. I kinda wish the other characters had something like that to add in an extra element of flavour to every run... not necessarily a boss fight...but some kind of personalized event.

The character that disappoints me the most is the Vestal. Maybe I haven't used her enough...but she just doesn't seem to be particularly good at anything. In DD1 she was the most used class in my party comps. Now PD has that honour and I struggle to create a team where she's a better fit than anyone else.
    Vestal was a dedicated healer with some side utility in DD1, now she's kind of everything. She does damage but not that much. Buff and Debuff management but it's situational. She helps others tank but it's not strong enough IMO. She heals but isn't the only one and while hers are consistent they're not amazing and unlike PD she needs 2 activations to both heal and remove Dots. She's not squishy like PD or Occultist but no tank either. The other two healers have more well defined niches and roles which helps slot them, but Vestal's place in the middle of the party is very hotly contested by the likes of Grave Robber and Highwayman.

I've liked Jester more and more. He doesn't belong in every party but the reliable damage, dodges, tokens and stress heal are a real boon in a comp that combos well with him. He's the one thing that makes Leper usable lol.

He's the one thing that makes Leper usable lol.
    Man-At-Arms: Am I a joke to you?

Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-05-24 at 07:49 PM.

Man-At-Arms: Am I a joke to you?
    Certainly not, but having both of those can really lower your damage to the backline which can easily spell doom against, say, Cultists or some bosses. Whereas Jester is a lot easier to slot in IMO.

Certainly not, but having both of those can really lower your damage to the backline which can easily spell doom against, say, Cultists or some bosses. Whereas Jester is a lot easier to slot in IMO.
    It's fun though, added a video.
    Jester works with that team too for that movement if things get shuffled, but not required. a PD + Ranged HWM or GR or even a occultist with the pull should work wonders. Ofc, depends on where you go and what the goals are obviously.

But yeah, was mostly a response for the memes :P
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-05-24 at 07:54 PM.

Vestal was a dedicated healer with some side utility in DD1, now she's kind of everything. She does damage but not that much. Buff and Debuff management but it's situational. She helps others tank but it's not strong enough IMO. She heals but isn't the only one and while hers are consistent they're not amazing and unlike PD she needs 2 activations to both heal and remove Dots. She's not squishy like PD or Occultist but no tank either. The other two healers have more well defined niches and roles which helps slot them, but Vestal's place in the middle of the party is very hotly contested by the likes of Grave Robber and Highwayman.

I've liked Jester more and more. He doesn't belong in every party but the reliable damage, dodges, tokens and stress heal are a real boon in a comp that combos well with him. He's the one thing that makes Leper usable lol.
    Yeah, I think my biggest problem is that she was the main healing unit in DD1...but in this she's probably the second worst healer (just above occultist but still ess than Flagellant) and none of the rest of her kit can make up for that. Her de-cloaking ability is useful situationally... but there's not enough enemies that utilize that mechanic and there are other ways to get around it anyway.

I actually like the Leper. Yeah, his blindness can be a pain...but when you can manage it he is highly effective against the front rows. He is useless against the Librarian most of the time though...other than to tank some of those blind tokens so the rest of the team can more effectively "burn" the Librarian Down. I just did a run with him in the party and we still managed to take the Librarian down before he finished off the second rank bookcase. Baldwin never got a chance to swing at him.

It's fun though, added a video.
    Jester works with that team too for that movement if things get shuffled, but not required. a PD + Ranged HWM or GR or even a occultist with the pull should work wonders. Ofc, depends on where you go and what the goals are obviously.

But yeah, was mostly a response for the memes :P
    The memes are a worthy cause and I bear you no grudge whatsoever . And yes Leper is a lot of fun to use. I really just wish he at least didn't start combat with blind, it wouldn't make a big difference but at least it would mean you don't have to build around him.

Occultist with the pull is so good, then you hit stuff like the confession 2 boss which proceeds to ruin your entire career.

Yeah, I think my biggest problem is that she was the main healing unit in DD1...but in this she's probably the second worst healer (just above occultist but still ess than Flagellant) and none of the rest of her kit can make up for that. Her de-cloaking ability is useful situationally... but there's not enough enemies that utilize that mechanic and there are other ways to get around it anyway.

I actually like the Leper. Yeah, his blindness can be a pain...but when you can manage it he is highly effective against the front rows. He is useless against the Librarian most of the time though...other than to tank some of those blind tokens so the rest of the team can more effectively "burn" the Librarian Down. I just did a run with him in the party and we still managed to take the Librarian down before he finished off the second rank bookcase. Baldwin never got a chance to swing at him.
    I've been using Confessor Vestal (it's the only path I have unlocked with her atm) and it's honestly a solid support unit with consistent heals. The skill that removes positive tokens from the enemy is sleeper OP, as well as the one that debuffs the enemies with both weak and vulnerable. Plus the regen skill with the trinket that boosts its healing if she's in rank 4 is straight up busted.
    The consecrations and her guard skill are just icing on the cake. I used her on my blind run of act V half-expecting to wipe to the confession boss but with that build it was physically impossible for anyone to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    I've been using Confessor Vestal (it's the only path I have unlocked with her atm) and it's honestly a solid support unit with consistent heals. The skill that removes positive tokens from the enemy is sleeper OP, as well as the one that debuffs the enemies with both weak and vulnerable. Plus the regen skill with the trinket that boosts its healing if she's in rank 4 is straight up busted.
    The consecrations and her guard skill are just icing on the cake. I used her on my blind run of act V half-expecting to wipe to the confession boss but with that build it was physically impossible for anyone to die.
    I might have to give that a try. I really haven't used her that much since I unlocked all of her skills.

I managed to beat the act V confession boss on my first try...but it was a near thing.

Not even the infinite malignity of the stars can prove that the monstrous god of the fisherfolk is mortal.

This game is awesome honestly! I just tried it after reading this thread. Can highly recommend

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol the antiquian enemy or however you spell them kicked my ass so hard
    Never used it in dd1 but I ended up fighting them in the tangle and they murder me hard. Too much dodge/blight spamming.

Anyone has any tips for the confession 3 boss? The eye fellow. Feels like I get the little ones under control, then every time 2-3 of them activate at once before I get to react, I get 3 of my guys marked total if not 4 once, and then they just get blasted back at the starting screen in 2-3 turns. My best attempt had a plague doc survive until the damn thing had 7 HPs but I got super lucky with death's door checks beforehand, the chad Leper tanked a good 4 of them total.

Anyone has any tips for the confession 3 boss? The eye fellow. Feels like I get the little ones under control, then every time 2-3 of them activate at once before I get to react, I get 3 of my guys marked total if not 4 once, and then they just get blasted back at the starting screen in 2-3 turns. My best attempt had a plague doc survive until the damn thing had 7 HPs but I got super lucky with death's door checks beforehand, the chad Leper tanked a good 4 of them total.
    What's worked for me is getting all the eyes to focus on a single tank. Rather than have each character get hit with massive damage...it all gets focused onto one. Ideally you want a tank that has good damage mitigation because there's a healing debuff that makes it tough to just heal through all the damage.

Here's a guide:

https://gamerant.com/darkest-dungeon...-third-3-eyes/

A tank + an off-tank.

Taunt makes the eyes ignore their position so that's valuable to get marks on them. Much easier than moving around tbh. Though I combo that with a movement since you usually only get two taunts by default.
    The eyes will eventually skip phases and go to max size, which is around round 7.
    Getting abilities that hit all ranks to remove dodges is crucial and pay attention to the turn order.
    I suggest getting the supposed person to get marks at rank 3 so you have options with taking the first two with taunt and then move forward or backwards. But depends heavily on the turn order.

In the next phase have the real tank or a class with some mitigation use guard on the person that's marked. It nullifies all bonus damage. Since the ones taking dmg should have 0 marks.

I used flagellant and vestal, though a MAA would be better than vestal. Flagellant heals like a beast on his own and stress isn't an issue for him.

I imagine Leper as a marked tank would work as well.

I have no idea why the few guides I have seen doesn't mention guard, instead it's about getting the main tank all marks, which you should, but not even them can tank it and guarding makes the boss throw peas at you and if the marked gets hit massively one time guard gives time to stabilize.

Vestals healing overtime is good as well since it gets them off deaths door on turn start.

Guard is your friend.
    Haven't tried but maybe you can even use guard to grab a mark now that I think about it.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-05-31 at 08:21 AM.