Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Aint no way this is ever getting a faithful revival in our lifespan. There was an attempt, it was garbage, tough luck. Atleast we'll always have the books unless god forbid they get """adjusted""".
    The stronger the brand name the more likely someone will choose to adapt it in the future. Hopefully someone who is interesting in adapting it, not just using it as a setting for their fanfic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The stronger the brand name the more likely someone will choose to adapt it in the future. Hopefully someone who is interesting in adapting it, not just using it as a setting for their fanfic.
    Sadly the next time these books will be adapted probably wont be in my lifetime.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Sadly the next time these books will be adapted probably wont be in my lifetime.
    Hey, there is always a chance, I think his dark materials got two or 3 adaptions(all bad) and Percy Jackson is getting another shot after those two goddam awful movies.

With how Media is going, they will probably gauge for more material and quickly, to fill the streaming demands, a sign of this maybe, is how Harry potter is getting a reboot. So if something is good/have high demand, with the book series is, maybe a reboot isn't that impossible in your lifetime.

I myself, still waiting for a Eragon reboot

Honestly I don't see anything sad about that. I don't need books to be adapted. I have enjoyed them, I have friends who read them so I could talk to someone about them and there are dedicated groups to share your love for the Wheel of Time universe. Heck I even tried out to play in an RPG version but it was really impossible to balance channelers vs non-channelers (we played a Trolloc Wars campaign) so I don't see it ever working well as a game unless it was some single player RPG where you are always a channeler.
    I'd rather not see them adapt again if it'd have to be this kind of shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was announced that the books just passed 100 million copies sold. The show caused the book to have 2.5 million sales in 2021 and 2.3 million sales in 2022. Renewed interest means that more could be interested. Just look at how the Tolkien Estate selling rights has caused an explosion of new development. An animated movie, a trilogy remake (or new films in same universe), etc.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2023-05-31 at 11:49 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It was announced that the books just passed 100 million copies sold. The show caused the book to have 2.5 million sales in 2021 and 2.3 million sales in 2022. Renewed interest means that more could be interested. Just look at how the Tolkien Estate selling rights has caused an explosion of new development. An animate movie, a trilogy remake (or new films in same universe), etc.
    an animated show of Wheel of Time could work. I wouldn't half mind seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    This is WoW forum. We all hate what we are talking about
    Generally forums are for people who are upset about THING and people who want to troll those people and stir the pot.

You can toss about 95% of forum goers into one of those 2 buckets.

People that like said THING or just don't care, rarely visit a forum post about it, as they have no issues with the THING.

Once you understand that, most forum conversations are alot easier to understand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    People that like said THING or just don't care, rarely visit a forum post about it, as they have no issues with the THING.
    Reddit, and other forums, don't follow that though. Sure the average peson will come somewhere to complain more than they would praise but not all forums are just echo chambers of negativity. Reddit has just as much positive/civil discussions as it does people venting/upset.

This forum has just been in decline for years so not many are left compared to the activity it once had. So you'll tend to get more of the extremes since there is nothing to temper them.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Reddit, and other forums, don't follow that though. Sure the average peson will come somewhere to complain more than they would praise but not all forums are just echo chambers of negativity. Reddit has just as much positive/civil discussions as it does people venting/upset.

This forum has just been in decline for years so not many are left compared to the activity it once had. So you'll tend to get more of the extremes since there is nothing to temper them.
    Pretty much, I visit plenty of hobby forums and fandoms and peopel tend to be fairly positive about the things they like there. MMOChamp is not really representation of what forums offer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reddit is a piece of work with a lot of people who don't even follow the subreddit they are supposed to, dnd reddit is filled with people who don't even play it.

Here it looks like there is more negativity because people seems to open more threads about shit that aren't worthy praise, that only last for long because people try to defend it. No one opened a thread for the across the spiderverse movie yet, nor talked about it in the marvel topic, Pretty sure there isn't going to b emuch negativity there

an animated show of Wheel of Time could work. I wouldn't half mind seeing that.
    This would be optimal a 10ish season long anime would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Reddit is a piece of work with a lot of people who don't even follow the subreddit they are supposed to, dnd reddit is filled with people who don't even play it.

Here it looks like there is more negativity because people seems to open more threads about shit that aren't worthy praise, that only last for long because people try to defend it. No one opened a thread for the across the spiderverse movie yet, nor talked about it in the marvel topic, Pretty sure there isn't going to b emuch negativity there
    The reason there is so much negativity on here is because people defend stuff that is actually shit.

... awesome
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So I bit the bullet and restarted the novels while I wait for other books to come out, and man do they stand up less then I remembered.

The writing of the first book is painfully dry and wooden and the exposition feels painfully unnatural and out of place every where but Lan’s back story, it feels like a first time DM front loading there first session thinking people will leave other wise.

On the shows front I can see why they would want to make some of the changes they did but the execution is still super sloppy and while a fair chunk of the book should have been cut they went way to far and the show just flat out needed more episodes.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So I bit the bullet and restarted the novels while I wait for other books to come out, and man do they stand up less then I remembered.

The writing of the first book is painfully dry and wooden and the exposition feels painfully unnatural and out of place every where but Lan’s back story, it feels like a first time DM front loading there first session thinking people will leave other wise.

On the shows front I can see why they would want to make some of the changes they did but the execution is still super sloppy and while a fair chunk of the book should have been cut they went way to far and the show just flat out needed more episodes.
    Always felt that the Wheel of Time, when it comes to literary quality is just average for fantasy (I won't say below average because there is so much trash out there). But what always stuck to me is that he manages to make you care for his characters and that's a talent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Always felt that the Wheel of Time, when it comes to literary quality is just average for fantasy (I won't say below average because there is so much trash out there). But what always stuck to me is that he manages to make you care for his characters and that's a talent.
    Ya id agree to that, while the writing it self isn’t great most of the characters still come across rather well for the most part even if some take a Bit to get going.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

The first book is a little bit slower, which makes it odd they decided to change or simply remove the best bits of it.

10+ Year Old Account

wow Rand got shafted to top right. Not that I would complain if Gandalf ever got put front and centre over Frodo or Aragorn :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2023-07-14 at 04:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.tvinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/wheel-of-time-season-2-art.jpg

wow Rand got shafted to top right. Not that I would complain if Gandalf ever got put front and centre over Frodo or Aragorn :P
    How could any one complain over this glorious poster!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    How could any one complain over this glorious poster!

that is a glorious poster i will admit. Also that movie is under rated. while very flawed, it has some damn cool moments and animation I like :P