Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Do you understand what market saturation is?
    Can we call it saturation if other games like League of Legends were able to pull player from thin air ? was it 40 or 60 million monthly player at the time, later 100-120 million.

While also wow by mop had over 100 Million accounts made. Was the marked really saturated or did woltk fail to keep player around? We sadly cant know

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Can we call it saturation if other games like League of Legends were able to pull player from thin air ? was it 40 or 60 million monthly player at the time, later 100-120 million.

While also wow by mop had over 100 Million accounts made. Was the marked really saturated or did woltk fail to keep player around? We sadly cant know
    League is F2P, WoW has a subscription model. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Market saturation is applicable to WoW because it uses a sub model.

Are people so bored that they actually think replaying that crap expansion will be fun. Yikes. But to each their own etc. Only good expansions after wotlk and before DF is mop and legion. Rest is horse shiet.

It wouldn't surprise me if Blizz dropped Cata Classic, but it would be pretty pointless. They already know it was the expansion which started the downfall of subscriptions. Ion sounded like he wanted to fix the issues but if they're devoting resources, I'm hoping it's more toward a Classic+ experience. I've not met anyone who says they want Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard-ruined-DHs View Post
    I want Cataclysm Classic for a number of reason

1. I loved my (DK) class design.
    4. Rated BGs and PvP was fun.
    No shit DK was absolutely broken in the first season of Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got this timeline in my head, right, where Blizzard releases Cataclysm Classic. In this timeline the people that play Classic goes down. like Ret Paladin levels of "To The G R O U N D". Blizzard comes back and says "Wow I guess nobody likes Classic anymore, time for MAINTENANCE MODE" after they release Dragon Soul. The profitability of Classic is brought into question and, after a long fought battle from the players, Blizzard puts Era on Maintenance Mode. They then come out with "WELL YOU THOUGHT YOU DID BUT YOU DIDN'T!" and paid server transfers to Retail are opened up with an ultimatum that Era and Cata Classic are going to be permanently shut down in 6 months and if you want those characters, pay up.

Of course, this is just a theory at this point.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Not going to touch it personally it was a boring af expansion.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    We all saw how sad of a excuse classic was from gameplay, community and everything past the first weeks. If the gameplay and old world is so good why was mage boosting so common over classic? Why is the best mage rotation literally only frostbolt? If thats the golden days, than you set the bar really low.

you probably neither played cata or classic tbh
    Lmao I've been playing wow since 2005 you clown... And personally I never played mage as a main so it didn't really bother me that much. There are many classes that are fun to play in vanilla wow tbh. Could the classes be updated to become even more fun? Of Course... maybe that will happen if classic+ is released who knows...

And yes Cata was the 3rd expansion so naturally it will be more balanced and updated when it comes to classes in general... doesn't mean the expansion was good though... I was mainly talking about the feel of the game as in progression and artistic design... stuff like that. The only thing I wish for vanilla is arenas(with some class changes) and transmog.

Edit: And btw obviously the community has changed over the years, but it's really not that bad today. I choose vanilla community over retail no doubt... can't speak for wotlk but classic era is pretty good. And boosting??? lol you gotta be kidding that exists everywhere no matter what you play... again... classic era pales in comparison to retail and wotlk when it comes to boosting lol. Oh wow a mage is boosting, couldn't really give a damn tbh...
    Last edited by The Saar; 2023-05-31 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Are people so bored that they actually think replaying that crap expansion will be fun. Yikes. But to each their own etc. Only good expansions after wotlk and before DF is mop and legion. Rest is horse shiet.
    We talking about replaying cata not classic. try to keep up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Blizz dropped Cata Classic, but it would be pretty pointless. They already know it was the expansion which started the downfall of subscriptions. Ion sounded like he wanted to fix the issues but if they're devoting resources, I'm hoping it's more toward a Classic+ experience. I've not met anyone who says they want Cata.
    Yeah the expansion was woltk with its medicore raids, copy pasted assests and ruination of warcraft lore

inb4 BUT *snooorts* Ulduwaaaaaaaa !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    Lmao I've been playing wow since 2005 you clown... And personally I never played mage as a main so it didn't really bother me that much. There are many classes that are fun to play in vanilla wow tbh. Could the classes be updated to become even more fun? Of Course... maybe that will happen if classic+ is released who knows...

And yes Cata was the 3rd expansion so naturally it will be more balanced and updated when it comes to classes in general... doesn't mean the expansion was good though... I was mainly talking about the feel of the game as in progression and artistic design... stuff like that. The only thing I wish for vanilla is arenas(with some class changes) and transmog.

Edit: And btw obviously the community has changed over the years, but it's really not that bad today. I choose vanilla community over retail no doubt... can't speak for wotlk but classic era is pretty good. And boosting??? lol you gotta be kidding that exists everywhere no matter what you play... again... classic era pales in comparison to retail and wotlk when it comes to boosting lol. Oh wow a mage is boosting, couldn't really give a damn tbh...
    The point of mage boosting is to show how the leveling isnt as amazing as you lie to yourself, and that people dont want to play in your beloved pre revamp world. Heck even on classic launch people prefered to spam dungeons over quests

7+ Year Old Account
    7 december 2010...

but to be serious. I think we are gonna recive more likely classic+ not another relaunch. And obviously hardcore mode servers.

I don't see the point. The reason why people clamored for Vanilla servers was because retail no longer offered the experience that players paid for. Vanilla was a game about adventure, where it took a long time to get anywhere and the world was dangerous and you had to group up with other players to progress. By the time of Wrath, the world wasn't dangerous anymore. Repair bills and food and potions had become inexpensive. You could reach level cap having never needed to interact with another player. You had flying so people weren't bumping into each other during gameplay and world PvP died. Then LFG happened and by that point WoW had definitively become a lobby game where you just AFK in your place of choice and queue for instanced runs to do with randos, or raidlog once a week. Aka the retail experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't see the point. The reason why people clamored for Vanilla servers was because retail no longer offered the experience that players paid for. Vanilla was a game about adventure, where it took a long time to get anywhere and the world was dangerous and you had to group up with other players to progress. By the time of Wrath, the world wasn't dangerous anymore. Repair bills and food and potions had become inexpensive. You could reach level cap having never needed to interact with another player. You had flying so people weren't bumping into each other during gameplay and world PvP died. Then LFG happened and by that point WoW had definitively become a lobby game where you just AFK in your place of choice and queue for instanced runs to do with randos, or raidlog once a week. Aka the retail experience.
    To argue that anything other than vanilla is a "retail experience" is a ridiculous and nonsensical argument.
    WoW had gone through many, many iterations. And expansions has provided very different experiences.
    TBC is different from WotLK. WotLK is different from Cataclysm. Cataclysm is different from MoP.
    We know from ironforge/warcraftlogs that more people participated in WotLK raiding than they did in Classic, and that's even considering Classic was during COVID lockdowns. So despite you dumbing it down to flying and repair bills and consumable gold dumps, clearly there is an experience that people like in WotLK.

Personally, I didn't play Vanilla Classic because I don't enjoy the class design, nor the raiding. I am enjoying and have enjoyed WotLK classic, and would do the same in Cataclysm. Neither of these iterations of WoW are like Dragonflight aka retail.

3+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to relive that amazing leveling experience and opening raid tier. Extremely underrated expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/news/c...classic-333182

It's weird though, they're trying to claim they said "no rdf before icc" not "no rdf", which isn't true lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, until recently it's been "We have no plans for rdf"
    That's not correct, they actually said something like "we have no plans to add rdf AT THIS TIME", and the time in which they talked about it was still early wotlk, so who knows when icc comes, and I'm glad to see it could actually be there from icc onwards.

At least that's what I had read at the time, which is why I was always wondering what would happen come icc, but can't find it any more.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2023-08-05 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    Yeah right 1 button... even if you're being ironic it's really not that bad.
    Vanilla Fire Mage. A couple of extra button presses for the opener, then literally just press Scorch until it dies.
    Vanilla Rogue. A couple of extra button presses for the opener, then literally just press Backstab until it dies.
    Vanilla Frost Mage. Literally just Frostbolt until it dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard-ruined-DHs View Post
    I want Cataclysm Classic for a number of reason

1. I loved my (DK) class design. It was essentially like the end of WotLK, with the added bonus of runic empowerment/runic corruption, some tweaks to unholy and the amazing vengeance bonus that all tanks had as blood. I understand some other classes did not like their class design, and that's valid. For me as a DK that was not the case.
    2. I think Cataclysm had the best heroic dungeon content of any expansion. The bosses were fun and had actual mechanics compared to previous iterations of the game, and they weren't complete faceroll (for their time at least, and before GC nerfed them due to forum whining).
    3. 2/3 raids are amazing. Tier 11 was a better and more fun tier than essentially any tier in WotLK in my opinion. Firelands, although a very repetative and not very beautiful environment, had really unique and fun bosses. Every boss in Firelands is very memorable, at least in my view. Dragon Soul was indeed garbage. I see some people ITT saying that only MoD was bad, but in reality most of the raid was very bad and lazy. Even the Well of Eternity dungeon had way more effort than DS.
    4. Rated BGs and PvP was fun. There's a reason why so many PvPers (that are still popular in WoW today) blew up during Cataclysm and MoP - because the PvP was fun and engaging. Will I fool myself into thinking that rated BGs will be anything short of a bot and wintrading fiesta if we were to get Cata Classic realms? No, but you can still hope at least.

People always bring up the sub count as some sort of appearent proof of Cataclysm being horrible. I think this is very flawed logic, because by that logic Trial of the Crusader is the peak of WoW since that's when WoW reached 12 million subs.
    The truth is, the way people currently play WotLK (aka raidlogging) and the way people would play Cataclysm is essentially identical.
    The drop in subs during Cataclysm can be attributed to a number of reasons. Mainly, the expansion was greatly overtuned at the start and Tier 11 killed off most/all casual guilds. Guilds that had been farming HC25 Lich King got filtered by normal mode Magmaw. It was a blood bath.
    And that's not to mention the merge of 10 and 25. While this was good for smaller guilds, it also greatly damaged PUGs since people weren't able to pug 25man normals.
    Not to mention the fact that during all of Cataclysm, you had to pay for battlechest (Classic + TBC) + WotLK + Cataclysm just to be able to play it. This alone cost over $100 and that's only covering 1 month of subscription from the battlechest. That's a horrible way to acquire new players and was one of the dumbest decisions Blizzard has ever made.
    People also bring up how the changes to the old world was bad, and is essentially what marked the end of "CLASSIC". The truth is, in current WotLK classic people are paying for boosts, begging for Joyous Journey to be permanent, and obviously stocking up on maximum heirlooms just to be able to pass through the levelling experience as quickly as possible. Whether or not the revamp to the old world caused a drop in subs back in the day, in todays WoW I see no great desire from people to keep the old world levelling intact.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.
    I want Cataclysm only because it was the only WoW expansion since Wrath that I didn't do endgame content in. I am a Wrath baby, and I quit about a week into Cata (because the dungeons were too hard). I hit 85 on Warrior, did a few dungeons and quit. I've always asked people how Cata was because I don't even have much recollection of the systems. So I will be going hard on Cata, especially during Firelands/Dragon Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Vanilla Fire Mage. A couple of extra button presses for the opener, then literally just press Scorch until it dies.
    Vanilla Frost Mage. Literally just Frostbolt until it dies.
    Not to even mention the Fire resistances in MC and BWL. For first two tiers Frost was the only viable mage spec.

As much as I love Cataclysm and want to play it, I'd rather Blizzard take Classic and do what illegal servers have been doing lately and make content in the spirit of Classic / TBC WoW on the Classic realms going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnyteTV View Post
    I want Cataclysm only because it was the only WoW expansion since Wrath that I didn't do endgame content in. I am a Wrath baby, and I quit about a week into Cata (because the dungeons were too hard). I hit 85 on Warrior, did a few dungeons and quit. I've always asked people how Cata was because I don't even have much recollection of the systems. So I will be going hard on Cata, especially during Firelands/Dragon Soul.
    Most people will tell you "cata bad". But overall cata is still my favorite Xpac (starting wow with wotlk).

We've got RBGs, the 4.0 Raidcontent was the most fun ive ever did, the reworked mechanics & talent trees were super good, pvp was fun, hard heroic dungeons were super duper fun, after you beat every WOTLK Heroic dungeon with closed eyes. To be fair 4.1 was just zul aman and gurub raids as instances, but they were hard aswell. I personally disliked 4.2 Firelands raids but i guess overall it was a fun and good raid. 4.3 Dragonsoul was kinda mess, cause the LFR dropped right along with 4.3 and so dragonsoul became boring pretty fast, cause u killed deathwing day 1 in LFR. Im sure this time they will delay LFR like on retail. The Raid overall was fun, especially Spine of Deathwing... We also got 3 new instances, that were kinda fun. A bist to much bla bla bla, but overall fun. There was also tol barad, i really loved that zone for some open pvp.

I cant tell much bad about Cata. For me its still the best addon ive ever played, but obviously it wasnt and there is much nostalgia that talks out of me.

Yeah I don't get it either.

The hate for Cata..

IIRC, the actual hate started because DS, the last raid tier, was subpar to the rest of the expa.
    Everything else was absolutely Fin good. And my opinion, DS was also good, the entire expa was good.

MoP that follows it, is probably the best and not even lying.. Wrath was cool but the most enjoyable specs were really in MoP along with some great raids too. Isle of Thunder anyone?

Whatever the exact name was that followed MoP, that's where it went to the dumpster, til legion saved it for a bit.