Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the only cool fight Alex gets is helping Aegwynn vs the Avatar of Sargeras.
    That never happened.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That never happened.
    Was Alex not there? I am fairly sure that when Aegwynn fought the Avatar the first time in Northrend, she had the assistance of multiple dragons. Maybe I assumed Alex would be there.

Putting aside the part where the Aspects had their powers sealed in the Dragon Soul for nearly 10000 years, Malygos started rerouting all Arcane magic to the Nexus, to the point reality under it started to warp and Nozdormu's future self started assaulting the timelines and for a while even had the present Nozdormu essentially trapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Imagine trying to make sense of the garbage story that is wow. You know it's garbage, this thread is evidence.

They were never supposed to be powerful, they are mere relics of a bygone era.

The Ren'dorei already surpassed their capabilities to resist the Void whispers, even though elves are smaller and younger than dragons.

Deathwing, the strongest dragon in history, was so powerful only because the Old God N'Zoth fed him such an absurd amount of power that his body was literally falling apart and needed protective plates to hold itself together.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Was Alex not there? I am fairly sure that when Aegwynn fought the Avatar the first time in Northrend, she had the assistance of multiple dragons. Maybe I assumed Alex would be there.
    A handful of unnamed blue dragons helped.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They were never supposed to be powerful, they are mere relics of a bygone era.

The Ren'dorei already surpassed their capabilities to resist the Void whispers, even though elves are smaller and younger than dragons.

Deathwing, the strongest dragon in history, was so powerful only because the Old God N'Zoth fed him such an absurd amount of power that his body was literally falling apart and needed protective plates to hold itself together.
    The strongest one was Galakrond in the lore. They supposed to be powerful as keepers/protectors of Azeroth ...

They shot a laser at Deathwing that one time, which was major enough of a killsteal that people were salty about it at the time.

Alex's intervention at the Wrathgate immediately ended the fighting, purged the blight, and kept Bolvar alive, which is supposedly a big deal.

The Nexus War presented a fundamental threat to the whole world. If Malygos had succeeded, the rest of the world would not have had magic.

Something about everything that happens in the Caverns of Time dungeons being Murozond's fault.

But yeah, no, they don't really do much directly in general. Such is the nature of MMO storytelling. Honestly, it is better to not have these or other characters being constantly flung in your face with all the things they do; just look at all the recent expansions and their roster of characters flavors of drama to see why overuse and overhyping is undesirable.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    <snip>
    Dragons in WoW have always been lame, especially the Aspects lol. Remember how Cata turned these supposedly uber powerful, Titan-favoured beings into pitiable, useless sacks of scales that struggled to get anything done without the help of Thrall Sue. Not that what we saw of them in WotLK was particularly interesting either, BTW.

Now they have made an entire expansion with these oversized lizards front, left and centre. Forgive me if DF is a hard pass for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it you didn't play during and prior to cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    The strongest one was Galakrond in the lore. They supposed to be powerful as keepers/protectors of Azeroth ...
    Pure speculation.

There's no evidence Galakrond was stronger than Deathwing (aka Old God-empowered Neltharion). On the contrary, Galakrond was defeated by 5 proto dragons; while Deathwing was so powerful that the Dragon Aspects (those same proto dragons infused and transformed by Titan power) concluded that only the Dragon Soul (imbued with the power of the Dragon aspects) could put down Deathwing, by erasing his very being.

On top of this, even if Galakrond was stronger than Deathwing, he was empowered by the Old God Yogg-Saron in the first place.

How can they protect Azeroth if they can't even resist the Old Gods' whispers? The answer is: They can't. That's why they needed the help of a mortal (Thrall) to finally save Azeroth from the Cataclysm orchestrated by the Old God N'Zoth.

Neither Galakrond nor Deathwing were protectors of anything and that's why they vastly surpassed the other dragons of their time in power.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-05-30 at 11:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Pure speculation.

There's no evidence Galakrond was stronger than Deathwing (aka Old God-empowered Neltharion). On the contrary, Galakrond was defeated by 5 proto dragons; while Deathwing was so powerful that the Dragon Aspects (those same proto dragons infused and transformed by Titan power) concluded that only the Dragon Soul (imbued with the power of the Dragon aspects) could put down Deathwing, by erasing his very being.

On top of this, even if Galakrond was stronger than Deathwing, he was empowered by the Old God Yogg-Saron in the first place.

How can they protect Azeroth if they can't even resist the Old Gods' whispers? The answer is: They can't. That's why they needed the help of a mortal (Thrall) to finally save Azeroth from the Cataclysm orchestrated by the Old God N'Zoth.

Neither Galakrond nor Deathwing were protectors of anything and that's why they vastly surpassed the other dragons of their time in power.
    There is not and will not be. Its like other time line. You can not to compare his greatness vs other greatness in other time lines. But as legendary Dragon he is spoken as the strongest one. Until its debunked its allowed.

If aspects are weaker than old gods it doesnt mean they are not powerfull. Except this we still dont know the real power of the old gods tbh. All is all about more or less plausibility until its happend anyway. Plus if you are strong doesnt mean you cant be defetead by weaker one. All depends on situation, weak spots etc.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-05-30 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    They lost their powers after deathwing's defeat. Aspect currently is no more than a title. They have yet to be rejuiced.
    Please, answer me this:

What powers did they lose in Cata?
    I've played Cata, was a lore fan back then. But honestly, apart from stating that they lost their powers, there was no consequence of that.
    Bronze could still travel through time, Blue still do magic, Green still use the emerald dream and Red still do Red stuff. Don't know what they actually do, life stuff I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    I take it you didn't play during and prior to cata.
    Tagging you here for answers as well.

The aspects not being that powerful is actually a good thing for the game. Because if they are all that powerful what's the point of having some silly mortals go and try to fix the world and no like do it themselves instantly.
    The more powerful they make some characters to be in game, the worse it comes out, because it just doesn't make any sense.
    To be honest the primal incarnates are some of the best portrayed villains ... they're aware they're not gods, so they try to scheme away, unlike some other beings who are like "yea bro I have the power rewrite the universe, but I'm just gonna fight these 20 mortals and lose"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Please, answer me this:

I've played Cata, was a lore fan back then. But honestly, apart from stating that they lost their powers, there was no consequence of that.
    Bronze could still travel through time, Blue still do magic, Green still use the emerald dream and Red still do Red stuff. Don't know what they actually do, life stuff I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Tagging you here for answers as well.
    That is called shit writing, where they try to move the story one way and then run out of ideas and just pretend some stuff didn't happen or worse ... are not even aware of it.
    Last edited by kranur; 2023-05-30 at 12:32 PM.

Where did you get that from? I thought he was way more powerful than them.

Aspects and wild gods is more reasonable debate on power levels. surely.

- - - Updated - - -

indeed, never felt or seen Aspects operate on that level of power. sure they are the best at the tasks they do, like specific powers to do osmething, but outside that they don't seem to be anything remarkable nor have they been shown to be.
    Its kinda hard to really estimate how strong Archimonde is compared to the Aspects since they keep to usually fighting against each other. So you are right to rather compare Archimonde to wild gods in power levels.

The biggest difference between the Aspects and Archimonde is probably that we know the Aspects have the blessing of the titans while its up in the air of Archimonde truely got power through sageras as a titan and not just from his knowledge of fel.

Really thinking about it, the biggest comparison we can probably make is that Archimonde had no way to stop deathwing with the dragonsoul , which was symbolic for the aspects power.

If we go by destrucive capabilities, we know that Malygos, Deathwing, Ysera all been able to cause world wide apocalypses, while Archinmonde was able to destroy a city with preparations.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Aspects were pretty pathetic to begin with. Remember Neltharion's dilemma was being too weak to defeat the Legion. Something simple mortals on Azeroth can do.
    Mere mortals? You are aware that the Lich King was behind the DK (even if he did not use the full power of the Scourge, he helped the DK, it seems he sent necromancers or prone snakes to help them if I remember correctly), behind the druids were the Ancients and Wild Gods, the warriors had Keepers and Titan-Forged behind their backs, the shamans had Elemental Lords and their armies behind their backs?

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you get that from? I thought he was way more powerful than them.

Aspects and wild gods is more reasonable debate on power levels. surely.

- - - Updated - - -

indeed, never felt or seen Aspects operate on that level of power. sure they are the best at the tasks they do, like specific powers to do osmething, but outside that they don't seem to be anything remarkable nor have they been shown to be.
    You need read War of the Ancients. Aspects>Archimonde

- - - Updated - - -

Is that joke? Aspect>>>>>>>Galakrond

There is not and will not be. Its like other time line. You can not to compare his greatness vs other greatness in other time lines. But as legendary Dragon he is spoken as the strongest one. Until its debunked its allowed.

If aspects are weaker than old gods it doesnt mean they are not powerfull. Except this we still dont know the real power of the old gods tbh. All is all about more or less plausibility until its happend anyway. Plus if you are strong doesnt mean you cant be defetead by weaker one. All depends on situation, weak spots etc.
    This is pure headcanon, at no point is it stated that Galakrond was the strongest dragon who ever lived in all of history. Only that he was the strongest of his era, in an ancient time before the rise of the Dragon Aspects.

Deathwing already showed power that far outclasses Galakrond's. Galakrond ate a lot of proto-dragons, Deathwing was literally causing natural disasters simply by flying. Galakrond was defeated by Tyr and proto-dragons when a piece of shit boulder was lodged in his throat, Deathwing had to be blasted repeatedly with the Dragon Soul, an artifact empowered by the Dragon Aspects (who naturally are far superior to mere proto-dragons), to the point that his body was completely erased; and he had to be defeated twice by 10/25 of the mightiest heroes in history.

There is absolutely no evidence or statement that Galakrond was more powerful than Deathwing.

Beyond that, Galakrond gained most of his power when he drank water corrupted by the Old God Yogg-Saron.

The common denominator is that the major dragons always get most of their strength from external sources, whether it be the Titans or the Old Gods.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-05-30 at 05:49 PM.

Please, answer me this:

I think Nozdormu broke his shoulderpads and its sand came out of it. It's fixed now tho.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, answer me this:

They lost their Titan-imbued abilities such as ageless immortality and increased power over their respective areas of guardianship (Magic of Malygos, Time for Nozdormu, etc). The game did a poor job of showing this power, but the novels (namely the War of the Ancients trilogy and Twilight of the Aspects) and some in game lore (The Winterskorn War, etc) showed how powerful the Aspects could be. While they can still interact with their areas of guardianship after Cata, their power over these areas have weakened to the point where other members of their flight can eventually meet their power level. Yet they still have their Titan-imbued knowledge of these areas, meaning they are sources of great knowledge.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Alexstrasa killed Deathwing in twilight highlands
    he was then resurrected and made even more powerful by the old gods

if she didnt kill him she at the very least beat him sense she walked away from the fight and he had to be healed I would say that's quite the feat
    History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.