Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    To be fair, this is one instance where I am not sure you can fault the current writers to inheriting her brick of a character. If she couldn't show even a modicum of personality when facing off against Deathwing, her sworn enemy. Who captured her children and used them as breeding machines. I think it would be jarring to have her suddenly get all passionate about defeating a bunch of proto dragons she seemingly forgot even existed until she got to the Dragon Isles.
    I don't know, man. They've taken a lot of established characters over the years and spruce them up a bit for a particular expansion. With Alex being the poster girl and everything, now seems like it would have been the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    Interesting........

Nerubian mention in dragonflight
    Holy shit. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Holy shit. Sweet.
    And not just a mention. Mention of a QUEEN. Queen means viable eggs. Ofc it could be a long dead queen. It doesn't seem to match the name of the RPG queen which while non-canon, Blizzard devs have used heavily while worldbuilding (they used ideas from it liberally in Kul Tiras).
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-31 at 06:42 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And not just a mention. Mention of a QUEEN. Queen means viable eggs. Ofc it could be a long dead queen. It doesn't seem to match the name of the RPG queen which while non-canon, Blizzard devs have used heavily while worldbuilding (they used ideas from it liberally in Kul Tiras).
    Wasn’t there a mention of a queen from the island quest in BFA as well?

Currently doing the Blue Dragons quest chain, and I'm at the Crystalsong Forest section.

One of the dialogue options when trying to soothe the echoes is telling them that they are in Tel'Abim. This is the only location mentioned as a dialogue option. It reminds me of the little breadcrumbs/easter eggs in Legion, during the Aszuna questing where we help out shipwrecked Kul'Tiran and Zandalari sailors. Ultimately, the following expansion used these two continents as the primary setting.

I was already pretty convinced we'd be getting Tel'Abim next, and this is just something else that reinforces it for me. That, along with it mentioned in books found in the Forbidden Reach clearly means Tel'Abim is on the devs mind, and that they're seeding it in game for players atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Playable Nerubians have always been a ludicrous pipe dream of mine. It's probably impossible, certainly improbable, but I'm going to hope and cope regardless.

Playable Nerubians have always been a ludicrous pipe dream of mine. It's probably impossible, certainly improbable, but I'm going to hope and cope regardless.
    I've dwelled on the concept a lot since I wish for a Forsaken faction and nerubians would have been such a good fit. I think the Vizier class would work perfectly well tbh. They have an upright posture that would work well with mounts, they could wear most armor pieces except boots and I guess leggings. They obviously don't work well with the current ridiculous "all races can be all classes" concept but so many combos don't so who cares. And really one option could be to give them different body types for different classes; use the vizier for classes that are mostly casters and a more classic drider look (the warriors) for more physical classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Currently doing the Blue Dragons quest chain, and I'm at the Crystalsong Forest section.

One of the dialogue options when trying to soothe the echoes is telling them that they are in Tel'Abim. This is the only location mentioned as a dialogue option. It reminds me of the little breadcrumbs/easter eggs in Legion, during the Aszuna questing where we help out shipwrecked Kul'Tiran and Zandalari sailors. Ultimately, the following expansion used these two continents as the primary setting.

I was already pretty convinced we'd be getting Tel'Abim next, and this is just something else that reinforces it for me. That, along with it mentioned in books found in the Forbidden Reach clearly means Tel'Abim is on the devs mind, and that they're seeding it in game for players atm.
    Honestly if they could pull of an Arabian Nights expac, I'd be so happy. We definitely could find ways to fit it in the lore anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give them visage forms like dracthyr/dragons and it could work.

If they do playable Nerubians, I’m hoping for a crypt lord class to come with it.

Nerubians and Naga are very likely IMO now that we know how the Dracthyr work, both could have "visage forms" to allow for more armor as well.

Naga would definitely turn into elves, but unsure on Nerubians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Nerubians and Naga are very likely IMO now that we know how the Dracthyr work, both could have "visage forms" to allow for more armor as well.

or:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

Such a cop out

Honestly Naga don't even need to transform, they can ride most mounts without much difficulty, just gotta coil up a bit. I could potentially see a glamor form of some sort though.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Give them visage forms like dracthyr/dragons and it could work.

If they do playable Nerubians, I’m hoping for a crypt lord class to come with it.
    Unless you wanna start the same debate here, the opinions on this visage form are not overly positive.

I think we are in this place were they have to be carefull to not overdo it. The visage form fits the dragons as they are known for it. The talk about sexy spiderladies was .. kinda how shall I put it. Disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please Teriz don't go any further on this subject. You already have a dedicated thread.
    Ignore him then. Blocking is useful.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Honestly Naga don't even need to transform, they can ride most mounts without much difficulty, just gotta coil up a bit. I could potentially see a glamor form of some sort though.
    Agree we only need real nagas with sidesaddle.

Knew the moment we discussed nerubians this shit would spread here. Still, it's a solid hint at something in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Agree we only need real nagas with sidesaddle.
    Yeah, like, I can see a possible transformation (doesn't Azshara do it at some point?) but like, you're a naga, the point is to be a naga. And that's also why I'm happy with the mechagnomes (only reason I'm happy with them) is they created the possibility of races without visible armor (which the dracthyr kinda continued).

But yeah I don't see why naga would need a transformation beyond just flavor about magical ability.

edit: Stopping talking about it now anyway, don't want to derail shit again, heh.

In other news I'm still refreshing various news feeds, I want to see the damn trading post update!

10+ Year Old Account
    Please Teriz don't go any further on this subject. You already have a dedicated thread.
    Merely answering a poster’s questions.