Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Except what you posted isn't even near the levels of the 7th power lol.

I'm talking about us potentially seeing a power that was never done in fiction before, not some parallel reality or some shit like that. I am not talking about a Dark Multiverse scenario, which should exist among the Infinite possibilities as is.
    Ah Yes, Danuser and his team are going to come up with something that has never been done before in the entire human fiction. Hilarious.

SL was a bad expac, yes. But it's canon, and the events that occurred within said expac are still canon, and are referenced in DF.
    "Canon," much like "lore," is subject to reinterpretation for the current expansion. When it becomes inconvenient, as "lore" tends to be, "canon" will be dropped in favor of a new expansion flavor...(like the Chronicles were just "one perspective.")

With Cashtavision I would assume a resurrected Mankrik's wife.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ah Yes, Danuser and his team are going to come up with something that has never been done before in the entire human fiction. Hilarious.
    *chuckles* I'm sure it won't come across as derivative.../sigh

All of what you said is copius and adds nothing to the conversation.
    Nothing I've posted resembles coping with current bullshit.

You on the other hand seem so determined...to make excuses...you were asking about...what was that expansion again?

All of what you said is copius and adds nothing to the conversation. Danuser has made it clear in DF that this 7th power is still an ordeal, and DF has made it clear that the Shadowlands, the Zereths, etc are still a thing on multiple accounts. Dragonflight (and potentially the next expac) isn't really about Cosmic Forces or the Progenitors however, so that's why there isn't much Cosmic stuff there. But trust me, the game clearly explains that the Shadowlands happened and that the First Ones are a thing.

Will things change? Idk. Could they change? Sure.

But is Blizzard gonna change it anytime soon? I fucking doubt it.
    I love how people who say the are really into the lore care the least about the lore.
    Don't fight them cause you cant change anything.

All they have is head-canons.
    They watch one Taliesen theory video and think they are lore experts while never having read a quest in-game in their life.
    They don't know the actual lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    I love how people who say the are really into the lore care the least about the lore. Don't fight them cause you cant change anything.
    Sure..and the Chronicles are lore...until "perspective" comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    We don't know?

We know that one of the heavy hitters is Void, but it could be Light too - heck, what about Life? A First One maybe? I mean, the highest peak we could is have an final concluding fight with these.

The only true answer is, we don't know who the Final Boss is, for the narrative track haven't really been developed to show us a Final Boss.
    (transl.) The developers realized it was nearing the time for a confrontation with Sargeras, needed new baddies, and invented them all on the spot to keep the story moving.

- - - Updated - - -

Did none of y'all play SL?
    No, and for good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Player-Character
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sure..and the Chronicles are lore...until "perspective" comes into play.
    The Chronicles are lore, yes, precisely. If your argument starts and ends here then please just stay sit.

Sorry that you are too simple to understand lore once it evolves beyond LotR style "these guys good, these guys bad" zero nuance bedtime stories.

All Anduin has to do is disappear, go to a dimension where time moves faster, spend ~50 years there, and then come back as an old man in 1-2 expansions.

And he's already disappeared, hasn't he
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    All Anduin has to do is disappear, go to a dimension where time moves faster, spend ~50 years there, and then come back as an old man in 1-2 expansions.

And he's already disappeared, hasn't he
    He's possibly hanging out with his new BFF Sylvanas in the Maw discussing Hot Topic fashion.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    The Chronicles are lore, yes, precisely. If your argument starts and ends here then please just stay sit. Sorry that you are too simple to understand lore once it evolves beyond LotR style "these guys good, these guys bad" zero nuance bedtime stories.
    Maybe you should familiar yourself with the facts. After all, the one I responded to did refer to them as a "PoV" in another thread, and I recall them being called "PoV splatbooks" in another.
    But I guess it's "simpler" for you to accept them as "truth."

Okay, that being said. Who are the Void Lords? How many? Is there a hierarchy among them? There are just a few, dozens, hundreds, millions? Only after that you can really know who would be a final boss.
    Last edited by sarkayan; 2023-06-01 at 02:49 PM.

Going to be some rogue First One who betrayed his kind and is the principal source of all things wrong in the WarCraft universe.

And you're going to learn that only with the 6 forces working together can we defeat them. Then you're going to need to assemble your power rangers cosmic force squad of Anduin, Jaina, Illidan, Sylvanas, Alleria and Tyrande to take them down.

Its a plot so predictable and boring you could see it coming blindfolded, shoved in a lockbox on the darkside of the moon.

They said who's the final boss, not who's the most powerful lol
    Well there's often a correlation between the two.
    MMO Champs :

Sargeras was the biggest bad. Now that he was defeated and imprisoned, Illidan for no reason known, decided to become his jailor and go to space or wherever the fuk.

Do we all just think Illidan is just chillen, playin hearthstone, watching the imprisoned Sargeras forever? My guess is no.

So my theory is Illidan will do something crazy and become the biggest bad evil villain. again.

Idk about an evil First One, but it IS implied that the 6 Forces keep pointing at this 7th power, and yet deny it. Seems to better go with the idea that maybe this 7th power is nothing more than a solution awaiting its opportunity.

I also kinda like the idea that the Progenitors are above the ideas of Good and Evil (As that is bound to the laws of duality, which the Progenitors seemingly transcend), but an evil First One would be neat ngl.

- - - Updated - - -

Sargeras hasn't been the big bad since 2016, and even before that, it was contentious at best.
    You know nothing Jon Snow

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Sargeras was the biggest bad. Now that he was defeated and imprisoned, Illidan for no reason known, decided to become his jailor and go to space or wherever the fuk.
    Do we all just think Illidan is just chillen, playin hearthstone, watching the imprisoned Sargeras forever? My guess is no.
    So my theory is Illidan will do something crazy and become the biggest bad evil villain. again.
    To go from Warden to Liberator would be strangely fitting, seeing as how he'd know what being imprisoned is like...and as Sargeras' warden he'd feel that he himself has become just as imprisoned yet again.

That image of Sargeras destroying a planet should have shown how utterly helpless we really are anyway.

Bobby Kotick as devil.