Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think what they should do is make it so you can pick and choose racials, that way everybody has the same choices. Then create a value system and for each racial ability then have a total for how many you can spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    The homogenization of race-class combinations is trending in the opposite direction of what you propose.
    This.

Plus it'd be a balancing nightmare.

Not against OP's point though, sometimes shit is just silly.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Leave racials alone. They are an integral part of every race and a defining attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Racials have not mattered since TBC for 99% of the community. This is an old meme.
    Funny that you think you represent 99% of the community.

OT: Sounds good but just doesn't work well in practice. With nearly all classes available to all races this becomes even worse. Best they can do is just remove all activr combat racials and just add flavor stuff only.

honestly i'd just delete racials
    just pick whatever looks coolest
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think what they should do is make it so you can pick and choose racials, that way everybody has the same choices. Then create a value system and for each racial ability then have a total for how many you can spend.
    That is just a derpy talent system...

Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    That is just a derpy talent system...
    It makes far more sense than the limited racial system we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It makes far more sense than the limited racial system we have now.
    Please. The sensible idea is rooted in racial structure. And yes, that means limitations.
    Not "I want what I want just because!" Homogenization has never made any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Please. The sensible idea is rooted in racial structure. And yes, that means limitations.
    Not "I want what I want just because!" Homogenization has never made any sense.
    Well they could have one lesser racial that is race specific but not super powerful but then let you choose from a few additional.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    actually he is just suggesting a deeper racial system with the caveat that some races seem more suited to certain classes "lore-wise". However I think the point was more the deeper system with multiple paths via a talent like system with the possibility of a racial weapon.

Perhaps choosing those different paths would allow ANY race to be better at ANY class depending on their path. Of Course you would have to have it balanced but unless a player chooses a wildly conflicting course, eg a Human Vrykul themed Frost mage trying to cast fire spells, or some such nonsense, then it would provide some much needed depth to the otherwise stale racial system we have now.
    Pretty much this, they have to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Pretty much this, they have to do both.
    Yeah would be nice. These threads are fun but other than just putting an idea out there into the world it really is kind of futile. Or is it? You know some of the things I've ranted about on these threads seems to be kind of coming to pass. So who knows /shrug

I have never given a hoot about racials. I think I used war stomp in RBGs during MoP on my Tauren warrior, but then eventually took it off of my bars because of button bloat. The only racial that was so good I thought about rolling an alt to use it was the Goblin's vendor discount trait, which you wanted to use for big purchases like mammoth or expedition Yaks.

Hm... this post made me remember that War Stomp existed. Maybe I will use it again for epic bgs.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2023-06-01 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I have never given a hoot about racials. I think I used war stomp in RBGs during MoP on my Tauren warrior, but then eventually took it off of my bars because of button bloat. The only racial that was so good I thought about rolling an alt to use it was the Goblin's vendor discount trait, which you wanted to use for big purchases like mammoth or expedition Yaks.

Hm... this post made me remember that War Stomp existed. Maybe I will use it again for epic bgs.
    Making you a Tauren Chieftain.
    That's what good about racials. They tie into the lore.
    People here come from the perspective of top endgame PvP or PvE players and completely forget the lore aspect of these abilities.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    People here come from the perspective of top endgame PvP or PvE players and completely forget the lore aspect of these abilities.
    Well, that's pretty much the only perspective that Ion cares about. He couldn't care less about lore or w/e.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, that's pretty much the only perspective that Ion cares about. He couldn't care less about lore or w/e.
    Weapon specializations, for example, gave an insight into the culture of each race. Old races have lore explaining their racials. New ones don't even have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Racials have not mattered since TBC for 99% of the community. This is an old meme.
    Is 99% of the community super casual in your mind? It was somewhere around Legion where racials started being insignificant in PvE, they're STILL very significant in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Is 99% of the community super casual in your mind? It was somewhere around Legion where racials started being insignificant in PvE, they're STILL very significant in PvP.
    It's significant if you are going for the world champ tour(which you don't). If you are going for the mount, then it doesn't matter. People been proving that for 20 years now.

They only racial that matters is the human racial with 10% rep. That is a very significant if you are farming rep in terms of saved time, effort and money.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    It's significant if you are going for the world champ tour(which you don't). If you are going for the mount, then it doesn't matter. People been proving that for 20 years now.

They only racial that matters is the human racial with 10% rep. That is a very significant if you are farming rep in terms of saved time, effort and money.
    What? With this "logic", racials were never significant. You never needed racials to manage anything, but they give you an advantage. It's kind of like saying gear doesn't matter because a 418 mage beat a 430 warrior in a duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Not even then tbh. Arcane Torrent was extremely important in Legion M+ especially considering the way people pulled in Legion (massive pulls shut down by AoE CC and AoE interrupts) and the hardest boss of the expansion ended up forcing multiple people to race change to goblins in order to deal with its mechanics. Not to mention Shadowmeld's use for skips.

I like the idea, and seems cool, the game is too bloated with systems at the moment.