Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mechagnome = Droid

"Druid for all races" is just the idiocy of lazy writing playing itself out.

What blizz should do is build a similar template and attach an appropriate label/name.
    Example; gnomes.
    Three specs, two of which focus on robotics, a tank spec, and a dps spec. The third spec focuses on the "curse of the flesh" giving the Gnome certain transformative abilities.
    And such a class isn't going to be called "druid" because that's not just lazy, but blindingly ridiculous. The class..."tinker."

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I'm expecting Druids to be the last of the races to become available to all, simply because of the work involved with the forms.

Paladins are next, then Shamen, then Druid is my prediction.
    agreed, but id put DH there too before druids as they need metamorphosis
    ... unless blizz go lazy way and put the metas they have on elfs to everyone else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    agreed, but id put DH there too before druids as they need metamorphosis
    ... unless blizz go lazy way and put the metas they have on elfs to everyone else
    See I actually expect them to keep DH's Elf exclusive, just like how Evokers are Drac exclusive.

What I do want however, is for them to lift these stupid character limits on the new classes.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2023-06-01 at 05:56 PM.

See I actually expect them to keep DH's Elf exclusive, just like how Evokers are Drac exclusive.
    that would be disapointing to say the least

10+ Year Old Account
    that would be disapointing to say the least
    It certainly would, but unlike with every other class, the Evokers and DH's are the most race specific on account of the lore.

Everything else I can absolutely see being open to the rest provided within reason.

1+ Year Old Account
    Maybe STOP giving new classes to other races? Wake up people) we have TAUREN paladin, rogue, priest and warlock is going to be. That's is highly(vastly) repellent already
    Psychonaut
    Retail since 2007

16 races, not counting scalies, don't have a druid option. each race has 6 unique skins of each form. multiply, get 96. those also have tints depending on hair/skin color. consider that 10.2 is to come out this fall - how likely they are to make all of this work?

besides, in an interview in early 10.0, they said that moonkins are not forgotten, implying that they'll get some customization love in the expac - which seems fitting that next patch we're going to the Emerald Dream. boomkins resemble evokers by staying in their form during combat, but at the same time they have no visual choices at all. next patch might fix that in a disappointing way - removing racially-specific shapeshifts and introducing a large-ish universal collection of forms for druids, kinda like with DF dragons. it fits in their embrace of homogenuity and removes the need to draw a hundred culturally unique different forms to bring druids for every race.

i just pray they don't actually pick that course.

Quote Originally Posted by Spey View Post
    Maybe STOP giving new classes to other races? Wake up people) we have TAUREN paladin, rogue, priest and warlock is going to be. That's is highly(vastly) repellent already
    maybe to you, but you dont get to speak for anybody else, and nobody forces you to play them...

to me, all combinations are fine compared to night elf mage which was added ages ago

- - - Updated - - -

It certainly would, but unlike with every other class, the Evokers and DH's are the most race specific on account of the lore.
    evokers yes, at least for now, as dracthyr are results of experiment
    but DH skills are learned, no reason other races shouldnt be able to learn it than elfs, it was only elfs previously bcs thats what ilidan wanted

Gnome durids. we can take cubs for tanks, kitty cat for feral, little bird as moonkin, dog for travel form on group and bees as flight form.

10+ Year Old Account
    but DH skills are learned, no reason other races shouldnt be able to learn it than elfs, it was only elfs previously bcs thats what ilidan wanted
    Fair point, although you'd need a reason for DH's to train new DH.

Not that Bliz can't make one, but with the Legion's defeat, it's not really demon season atm.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2023-06-01 at 11:48 PM.

Never wanted all classes for all races, but would of gladly welcomed an overhauled character creation wirh subraces. I.e. Bronzebeard dwarves can be paladins and priests, dark irons can be warlocks, wild hammers can be druids and shamans etc etc for all races where it fits. Sadly the trigger has been pulled on that.

But with how things are going now, if everyone's getting druids the absolute minimum is they need their own unique druid forms and their own racial explanations and examples. I don't want to see the orc priest problem for everything else. It's lazy and frankly unacceptable for them to do that. If they want to give undead recoloured wicker forms I'm fine with it, but them getting regular forms is an incredible waste of a cool opportunity.

Gnomes and goblins however should not get mechanised druid forms. If they're taking this path, we're gunna need some new classes to fit that aesthetic. After evokers and demon hunters I'm happy for them to do a proper, well made goblin and gnome specific tinker.

In regards to the original topic, I'm curious to see orc druid forms. It's something I never considered I'd enjoy but could see myself playing if the forms are cool.

I’ve been out of the loop for a bit, when/where is the confirmation this is happening?
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    I’ve been out of the loop for a bit, when/where is the confirmation this is happening?
    Nothing has been confirmed. People are just speculating and discussing desires right now.

Fair point, although you'd need a reason for DH's to train new DH.

Not that Bliz can't make one, but with the Legion's defeat, it's not really demon season atm.
    well legion is no longer infinitely respawning and it lost its leadership, but its not like we killed all demons, id say its still force to reckon with

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Oooh I already made a thread about it, wait a minute !

Base Races

Orcs

As a matter of fact, I tried my hand at drawing an orc bear form. It's not much, but I put the general idea : short tusks, pointy armor, a flatter nose and some bone ornaments.

I imagine the other forms following this trend.
    A cat similar to the worgen one but wearing the same Iroquois as trolls.
    A moonkin with small tusks and skull ornaments.

Introducing the Druids of War !

I could go with the Draenor fauna, but I'd rather keep it for mag'har orcs, I think I'm fine with Crow, Sea lion and Stag forms.
    As Bears are not native to Draenor, bear form wouldn't be so natural to an Orc. But, since Rexxar, one of the most notable half orcs, has a brown bear named misha, i'd imagine their bear form would look like that.
    As cats aren't native to Draenor either, aside from the Saberon, i'd imagine their cat form would look like a wolf.
    Now, i'd differentiate between an Orc and a Mag'har's Moonkin form, with the Orc having an Harpy-like form and the Mag'har having an Arakkoa-like form.
    Their tree form would most likely resemble a Botani. I'd imagine their flight form looking like a hawk, like Rexxar has. The Mag'har's travel form would resemble a Talbuk, i guess, while the Orc's would resemble a Zebra. I'd give Mag'har a hippo based Aquatic form, while the Orcs would have a crocodile based one.

Undead

The KT druid forms are a very good lead, but I imagine the Undead ones to be even more decayed. No branches or leaves, no flesh at all. Maybe skeleton forms would look a bit empty compared to the others, but zombie forms would have less of a visual impact, imo.

The Thornspeakers are druids of the Life and Death, well Forsaken would be Druids of just Death.
    Forsaken's bear form would most likely look like a plagued bear, which are abundant in the surrounding areas of Lordaeron. Their cat form, i'd imagine, would resemble the Darkhounds prowling their forests. I'd base their moonkin form on some kind of a crow. Their tree form should resemble a corrupted, withering treant. I'd base their flight form on the undead eagle and hawk models. Their travel form should look like their undead horse mounts. And their aquatic form should resemble a deepsea creature.

Blood Elves

These ones shouldn't be too hard, the cat form should look like a lynx, the flight form can be a phoenix, maybe the moonkin form can look more solar, with fire vfx ? A sunkin ?!

I think we could call them the Druids of the Sun. No wait that's already taken.
    Their cat form should indeed be based on the lynx. I'd imagine their bear form to be based on a black bear or something. I'd base their Moonkin form on their hawkstriders. Their tree form should resemble their autumn trees. I'd indeed give their flight form a phoenix-like look. Their travel form can be based on the stag, like LotR high elves ride. I'd probably give their aquatic form a mantaray look.

Goblins

For goblins, gnomes and mechagnomes, I firstly imagined robot druid forms. The gnome ones would be pretty clean and neat, while the goblin ones would have the usual trashy and greasy look.

But I think goblins don't wear the engineering archetype as much as gnomes, so actual animal forms could work for them.
    Maybe with the marks of pollution and alchemy ? Like an oiled bird form, an hobgoblin looking bear (Warcraft's very own bugbear ??), a nasty stray cat or a stag and a sea lion covered with trash.

Druids of the Big Apple, in short.
    Their cat form should indeed look like a stray cat. Their bear form, i guess, can look like a scavenging city bear. Their moonking form, i guess, would resemble a crow. Their tree form would be kinda ironic, but i guess it would also be a corrupted, withering tree. Flight form would be a crow as well. Travel form should be something like a donkey. And aquatic form should be a mutated kind of fish, from all the polluted water.

Pandaren

The panda bear form seems like an obvious choice. The red panda cat form is good too.

In fact, I think this fan art is fine.

But we could just make them Druids of the Celestial and have the panda bear, Xuen cat, Chi ji flight, Niuzao travel form and Yu lon "moonkin" : another variation of the arakkoa model, but more dragon-like ?
    Bear form would be obviously a panda. Cat from would be a tiger. Moonkin form can be based on the peacock. Tree form should look like a cherry blossom tree. Flight form can be based on the crane. Travel form should be based on the yak. And aquatic form can be based on the Koi fish.

Humans

Generally speaking, I'm pretty uninspired with humans, because I find them boring as hell.

So the cat form would be a lion, similar to the one used as the guild mount.
    Flight form would be an eagle.
    Other travel forms can remain as the usual models.
    Similar to the HM taurens, the moonkin form would have eagle like feather patterns. Perhaps with golden medals and ribbons as ornaments.
    The bear... Maybe a maned bear, like the worgen one but less spiky.

Their cat form would indeed be based on the lion, as it is a major symbol in their culture. The bear would be a generic elwynn forest bear. Moonkin can be inspired by a gryphon, i guess. Their tree form should resemble a typical elwynn forest tree. Flight form can indeed be based on the eagle, as it is a heraldry symbol as well. Travel form should resemble a horse. Aquatic form can be of the dolphin family, i guess.

Dwarves

I think this could be a good opportunity to give some spotlight to the Wildhammer clan. And as it happens, I also tried my hand at drawing a bear form for the dwarves.

So a bearded bear.
    A bearded cat who I guess could either be a lynx or a mountain lion.
    An eagle as a flight form too.
    I think the moonkin form should be griffon-like. So perhaps returning to the arakkoa model, but with the bottom half of a lion.

You could can call them Druids of the Hills !
    The dwarf form would be indeed based on the Wildhammer, as they are the druidic clan. Their bear form would be a shaggy, wild looking bear. I like the idea of a mountain lion, as it is very fitting of their environment. Their moonkin form would indeed draw inspiration from their gryphon mounts. Their tree form would be a common Aerie Peak tree i guess. Their flight form would be an eagle. Their travel form can be a ram. And their aquatic form can be some sort of a turtle.

Gnomes

Not gonna lie, unlike goblins I don't see them doing live animal transformations. I think piloting mecha animals is a better trick.

So they would not be Druids per se, but Biologists emulating the powers of Nature. Druids of Emulation ?
    Many people do that mistake of attributing mechanical animal forms to Gnomes. They would not be engineers, but scientists. More like botanists and zoologists. Lab animals would generally fit the bill. Don't forget about garden gnomes in general, who often have a relation with wildlife critters in myth and fiction. For that, i would give Gnomes a more critter-like forms. Cat form would be a house cat, bear form would be of the weasel family, a raccoon or a badger. Moonkin form would be an owl. Tree form would be a sprout. Flight form can be your average pigeon. Travel form can be a deer (doe). Aquatic form can be a frog, i guess.

Draenei

Same as orcs and Draenor, I am reluctant to use Argus fauna for the Draenei. I think both these races are not as strongly tied to their home-world as their Allied Race counterparts and I think it's more interesting to see how they bonded with Azeroth's nature.

Like orcs, their forms would take some of their physical attributes. Like the tentacles, the horns and the forehead plates. And like orcs whose form would be shades of green, they'd mostly get shades of blue !

Despite my convictions, it is possible they also learn druidism from the Broken who themselves learned it on Outland. I think the sporelings would be a key element to this form of druidism and learning it would be an effort to salvage the land's forces of Nature, since it is slowly crumbling apart.

Their animal forms would then borrow from the fauna of Outland :

Fungus inspired bear.
    Rock flayers or Warp stalker inspired cat.
    Kaliri flight form.
    Talbuk travel form.
    Arakkoa moonkin form.

Despite their efforts to be in touch with Azeroth nature, we could still call them Druid of the Outer Wilds.
    I would give them a very alien-looking forms, to emphasize their alien aesthetics and to set them apart from other races. Outland is a very good place to draw inspiration from, as it has many alien-looking creatures.

Their cat form can indeed be based on the rock flayers, as they kind of resemble the cat creatures from avatar. A bear form can be in the same sense, looking very alien and unearthly. Moonkin form should resemble the corrupted arrakoa. Tree form can look like a mushroom from Zangarmarsh, very iridescent and otherwordly. Flight form can resemble a moth. Travel form should be based on the talbuk and aquatic form can be based on the nether rays\sporebats.

Allied Races

Mag'har

As I said before, I think the mag'har orcs are better candidates for the Draenor fauna.

So this is gonna be a bother because Draenor doesn't have bears.

But we can go with the saber cat.
    The dread raven flight form.
    The talbuk travel form (even though they originate from Argus, I know)
    The arakkoa moonkin.

And the bear would have to be an Azerothian bear similar to the Orcs, unless we take the same fungus approach as with the Draenei.

Since the name Druids of the Wild is already taken, I guess they could be called Druids of Savagery or Druids of the Wilderness.
    As i said above, pretty much the same as Orcs, with the exception of Moonkin, travel and aquatic forms.

Nightborne

Their animal forms would look a lot like the NE ones, but with that little mana thing, like their mana saber cats.

We could just call them the Druids of Ley (does that make sense ?).
    They should resemble their Night elven cousins. Cat form is obviously a manasaber. Bear from would be a manaursine. Moonkin form should resemble an owlcat. Tree form should resemble the trees around Suramar. Flight form should be an owl as well. Travel form can be a unicorn. And aquatic form can be an aquarium fish, like a fancy siamese fish or something.

Vulpera

No really obvious choices. I think pointy ears and a big fox tail on the various forms would be enough additions. And fur colors similar to the vulperin customization options.
    Since they're desert dwellers, i'd give them desert-based animal forms. For cat form, a caracal or a serval would serve just fine. Bear form would have to be some kind of a syrian brown bear or something. Moonkin form would be an owl. Tree form can be a cactus. Flight form should be a vulture. Travel form can be an alapaca. Aquatic form can be a salamender of sorts.

Dark Iron

They would look a lot like Druids of the Flame. But they wouldn't be Druids of the Flame. They'd be Druids of the Molten Core.

Their animal forms would mainly be on fire, perhaps with armor plates.
    Correct. Their forms would be Molten Core\Firelands inspired. Cat form would resemble a Core Hound. Bear form can resemble a Fire Turtle. Moonkin form would resemble a Firehawk i guess. Tree form is as ironic as with the Goblins, but would probably be a burnt, charcoal skeleton of a tree. Flight form, i guess, would also resemble a firehawk. Travel form should resemble a fiery horse, like those of the Warlocks. Aquatic form is also a paradox in itself, but should resemble a lava worm or something.

Void elves

Let's just take everything we gave to the Blood elves and slap the Void textures and particle effects on it.
    Should be the same as Blood elves', just void-touched.

Mechagnomes

Unlike the gnomes who pilot animal robots, these mechagnomes turn into animal robots to mimic Nature's abilities.

The Replicant Druids ! Or maybe they'd rather be called the Trans-shifters. Or the Shapeformers ?
    These ones would fit mechanical forms, but not fully!. Remember, they do not mechanize themselves completely. Therefore, their animal forms would be biological creatures with mechanical parts. A bear form with a partially mechanical face and a mechanical limb. Cat form with a mechanical limb and a mechanical jaw. Moonkin form with steel feathers and claws. Tree form would have artifical leaves and branches. Flight form would have replaced wings. Travel form would be augmented by mechanical parts to increase speed. Aquatic form would have a breathing apparatus attached to it.

Lightforged

Ideally, I think they should look for Argus animal forms.

The panthara cat.
    The mana ray flight form.
    The Argusian talbuk form.
    I know the Shardhide from Korthia are afterlives creature. But honestly they look alien enough to at least be used as a basis for an Argusian creature.
    Honestly, for the moonkin this is near impossible, but I think I'd like to see some sort of Marsuul humanoid form, based on the arakkoa model. This is a huge stretch that could lead to a complete abomination, but it has a chance to be cool.

And if we don't go that way, I think the Lightforged have such a strong aesthetic identity they could just be Druids of the Light, with Light infused classic animal forms.
    I agree. Their inspiration should come from Argus. Panthara for cat form is a sure thing. Bear form should also have the same aesthetics. I guess the Moonkin can also draw on the same aesthetics. Tree form would resemble the trees of Eredath. Flight form can be based on the mana rays. Travel form should be an argussian Talbuk. Aquatic form should be a sea serpent.

Dracthyr
    The dracthyr would obviosuly have reptilian based forms, like the Zandalari. I can imagine their cat form to be a komodo dragon. Their bear form to be an ankylodon or a Direhorn. Moonkin form and flight form are kind of obsolete, as the Dracthyr are already winged creatures, but i guess they could resemble any kind of a dragon out there. Their travel form can resemble a brutosaur or a an iguanadon. Their aquatic forms would take the shape of a threshadon.
    Last edited by username993720; 2023-06-02 at 08:28 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anything that isn't goddamit elf related (spoilers: im wrong)

But im an advocate for Draenei and orcs to be the next druids for a while, since they are the ones that make most sense to be one.

Truth be told, i don't believe they will make druids for all races, at all, they will make for the elves, maybe one or another random race, and forget about it, calling now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    As Bears are not native to Draenor, bear form wouldn't be so natural to an Orc. But, since Rexxar, one of the most notable half orcs, has a brown bear named misha, i'd imagine their bear form would look like that.
    As cats aren't native to Draenor either, aside from the Saberon, i'd imagine their cat form would look like a wolf.
    Now, i'd differentiate between an Orc and a Mag'har's Moonkin form, with the Orc having an Harpy-like form and the Mag'har having an Arakkoa-like form.
    Their tree form would most likely resemble a Botani. I'd imagine their flight form looking like a hawk, like Rexxar has. The Mag'har's travel form would resemble a Talbuk, i guess, while the Orc's would resemble a Zebra. I'd give Mag'har a hippo based Aquatic form, while the Orcs would have a crocodile based one.
    why it have to be animals from draenor thoug? most of the orcs, including the one you play is native of azeroth, he would most likely adept the druidism from taurens and trolls, and a green lion with tusks would be dope

Travel forms are more easy to be stuff from drae nor, but its hardly necessary

I do expect to be more recolours than new textures for the models, but hope im wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

well legion is no longer infinitely respawning and it lost its leadership, but its not like we killed all demons, id say its still force to reckon with
    The legion still is infinitely respawning, all demons go to the twisting neather to be reborn, we only kiled argus that speed up the process of respawn.

For the reason why DH would train more DH, their very goal is to protect azeroth, not end the legion, and azeroth face many problems day and night, they need numbers to fortify their numbers, it make no sense to just lay down and wait

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Anything that isn't goddamit elf related (spoilers: im wrong)

But im an advocate for Draenei and orcs to be the next druids for a while, since they are the ones that make most sense to be one.

Truth be told, i don't believe they will make druids for all races, at all, they will make for the elves, maybe one or another random race, and forget about it, calling now.

- - - Updated - - -

why it have to be animals from draenor thoug? most of the orcs, including the one you play is native of azeroth, he would most likely adept the druidism from taurens and trolls, and a green lion with tusks would be dope

Travel forms are more easy to be stuff from drae nor, but its hardly necessary

I do expect to be more recolours than new textures for the models, but hope im wrong.
    Green lions? We already have the clown-looking darkspear forms, we don't need more ridiculous colored animal forms.
    Why Draenor? Because this is where they hail from, especially the Mag'har. Green Orcs i can understand because they've been on Azeroth for a long time. This is why i've given them several different forms from the Mag'har. But, you also have to base your forms on their culture and surroundings. While lions exist in the barrens, there are no cats in Durotar (not considering the darkspear isles) and don't play a major role in their society. Copying forms from their allies is the most boring, uninspired thing i can think of and would totally ruin their uniqueness.

Orcs
    I kept the idea of the Draenor animals for mag'har, because one of the main theme of the green orcs is how they make home in Azeroth and how they had to learn or relearn a few things from the other races. Aside from that, there are lynxes in Outland in BC. I don't know where they were in Draenor and I don't really care, but they're here. I dig the zhevra, hawk and croco travel forms for Orcs though. The hippo for Mag'har too. I didn't think of a harpy moonkin form, but since they are all females, that'd make gender fluid orc druids and that's funny.

Forsaken
    Forsaken's bear form would most likely look like a plagued bear, which are abundant in the surrounding areas of Lordaeron. Their cat form, i'd imagine, would resemble the Darkhounds prowling their forests. I'd base their moonkin form on some kind of a crow. Their tree form should resemble a corrupted, withering treant. I'd base their flight form on the undead eagle and hawk models. Their travel form should look like their undead horse mounts. And their aquatic form should resemble a deepsea creature.
    Like I said, I like the visual of skeleton forms better, but the plagued animals would probably make more sense. The crow moonkin, yeah that would look fine.

Blood elves
    Their cat form should indeed be based on the lynx. I'd imagine their bear form to be based on a black bear or something. I'd base their Moonkin form on their hawkstriders. Their tree form should resemble their autumn trees. I'd indeed give their flight form a phoenix-like look. Their travel form can be based on the stag, like LotR high elves ride. I'd probably give their aquatic form a mantaray look.
    I didn't think of the hawkstriders, but I already imagine people complaining if they don't get options as colorful as the mounts, lol.

Goblins
    Their cat form should indeed look like a stray cat. Their bear form, i guess, can look like a scavenging city bear. Their moonking form, i guess, would resemble a crow. Their tree form would be kinda ironic, but i guess it would also be a corrupted, withering tree. Flight form would be a crow as well. Travel form should be something like a donkey. And aquatic form should be a mutated kind of fish, from all the polluted water.
    I feel like there's no need to give away so much crows. Goblins and vultures feel like a good mix too. A donkey travel form, why not. I'd find it funny if it was a stag wearing a tire as a collar. Like they just completely wrecked a car on a goblin road !

Pandarens
    Bear form would be obviously a panda. Cat from would be a tiger. Moonkin form can be based on the peacock. Tree form should look like a cherry blossom tree. Flight form can be based on the crane. Travel form should be based on the yak. And aquatic form can be based on the Koi fish.
    I didn't think about the peacock, although I like the crane enough to see it both in the flight and moonkin form. I didn't think about the koi fish either but that's neat.

Humans
    Their cat form would indeed be based on the lion, as it is a major symbol in their culture. The bear would be a generic elwynn forest bear. Moonkin can be inspired by a gryphon, i guess. Their tree form should resemble a typical elwynn forest tree. Flight form can indeed be based on the eagle, as it is a heraldry symbol as well. Travel form should resemble a horse. Aquatic form can be of the dolphin family, i guess.
    Dolphin would be nice actually !

Dwarves
    The dwarf form would be indeed based on the Wildhammer, as they are the druidic clan. Their bear form would be a shaggy, wild looking bear. I like the idea of a mountain lion, as it is very fitting of their environment. Their moonkin form would indeed draw inspiration from their gryphon mounts. Their tree form would be a common Aerie Peak tree i guess. Their flight form would be an eagle. Their travel form can be a ram. And their aquatic form can be some sort of a turtle.
    Actually, scratch that part on the gryphon moonkin. There are moonkin in the Hinterlands already, they could fit well enough ? But aqua turtles are neat !

Gnomes
    Many people do that mistake of attributing mechanical animal forms to Gnomes. They would not be engineers, but scientists. More like botanists and zoologists. Lab animals would generally fit the bill. Don't forget about garden gnomes in general, who often have a relation with wildlife critters in myth and fiction. For that, i would give Gnomes a more critter-like forms. Cat form would be a house cat, bear form would be of the weasel family, a raccoon or a badger. Moonkin form would be an owl. Tree form would be a sprout. Flight form can be your average pigeon. Travel form can be a deer (doe). Aquatic form can be a frog, i guess.
    Guess it all boils down to what's funnier. Gnomes piloting mecha animals or gnomes with animal forms but smol. But I agree gnomes could take steps into truly learning shapeshifting.

Draenei
    I would give them a very alien-looking forms, to emphasize their alien aesthetics and to set them apart from other races. Outland is a very good place to draw inspiration from, as it has many alien-looking creatures.

Their cat form can indeed be based on the rock flayers, as they kind of resemble the cat creatures from avatar. A bear form can be in the same sense, looking very alien and unearthly. Moonkin form should resemble the corrupted arrakoa. Tree form can look like a mushroom from Zangarmarsh, very iridescent and otherwordly. Flight form can resemble a moth. Travel form should be based on the talbuk and aquatic form can be based on the nether rays\sporebats.
    Talbuk travel form is a nobrainer. Rays and sporebats as aquatic forms would be a reminder that they are based on aquatic animals, yeah.

Nightborne
    They should resemble their Night elven cousins. Cat form is obviously a manasaber. Bear from would be a manaursine. Moonkin form should resemble an owlcat. Tree form should resemble the trees around Suramar. Flight form should be an owl as well. Travel form can be a unicorn. And aquatic form can be an aquarium fish, like a fancy siamese fish or something.
    Unicorn. Sounds great. Why did I not come up with that ?

Vulpera
    Since they're desert dwellers, i'd give them desert-based animal forms. For cat form, a caracal or a serval would serve just fine. Bear form would have to be some kind of a syrian brown bear or something. Moonkin form would be an owl. Tree form can be a cactus. Flight form should be a vulture. Travel form can be an alapaca. Aquatic form can be a salamender of sorts.
    A cactus treant would be pretty funny. But you'd still keep the fox tail on the various animal forms, right ?

Dark Iron
    Correct. Their forms would be Molten Core\Firelands inspired. Cat form would resemble a Core Hound. Bear form can resemble a Fire Turtle. Moonkin form would resemble a Firehawk i guess. Tree form is as ironic as with the Goblins, but would probably be a burnt, charcoal skeleton of a tree. Flight form, i guess, would also resemble a firehawk. Travel form should resemble a fiery horse, like those of the Warlocks. Aquatic form is also a paradox in itself, but should resemble a lava worm or something.
    Just put the tree on fire, it would be terrifying to have that as your healer lmao. I didn't think about the aquatic form, but how about that super old species that is seen as a "living fossil" ? And coincidentally looks like a fish made of rock ?

Mechagnomes
    These ones would fit mechanical forms, but not fully!. Remember, they do not mechanize themselves completely. Therefore, their animal forms would be biological creatures with mechanical parts. A bear form with a partially mechanical face and a mechanical limb. Cat form with a mechanical limb and a mechanical jaw. Moonkin form with steel feathers and claws. Tree form would have artifical leaves and branches. Flight form would have replaced wings. Travel form would be augmented by mechanical parts to increase speed. Aquatic form would have a breathing apparatus attached to it.
    Okay but consider this : the Mechagnomes have replaced most living species in their environment with robots. Even though the point of the mechagnomes is that they are looking for balance between flesh and machine nowadays, it would make sense for them to have completely mechanized animal forms, since they don't truly have an ecosystem anymore.

LF
    I agree. Their inspiration should come from Argus. Panthara for cat form is a sure thing. Bear form should also have the same aesthetics. I guess the Moonkin can also draw on the same aesthetics. Tree form would resemble the trees of Eredath. Flight form can be based on the mana rays. Travel form should be an argussian Talbuk. Aquatic form should be a sea serpent.
    All this talk made me think that Moonkins don't necessarily have to be different species. We have the proto-moonkin with the Zandalari and the scarecrow moonkin with the KT. But other races can simply have moonkins with different colors and ornaments. Considering Elune is a universal being and the moonkin are closely tied to her, would it make sense for several worlds to have moonkins of their own ?

Also, I dig most of your treant form. I mostly skipped them, since they are an optional cosmetic form now, but good job on tying them to each race's environment !

Dracthyr
    The dracthyr would obviosuly have reptilian based forms, like the Zandalari. I can imagine their cat form to be a komodo dragon. Their bear form to be an ankylodon or a Direhorn. Moonkin form and flight form are kind of obsolete, as the Dracthyr are already winged creatures, but i guess they could resemble any kind of a dragon out there. Their travel form can resemble a brutosaur or a an iguanadon. Their aquatic forms would take the shape of a threshadon.
    Truly I imagine them being very close to the zandalari forms, but with dragon heads as a variation. Why not make their travel form a four-legged drakonid though ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spey View Post
    Im up to unlock all for all :P Keepin proper class to proper race actually has no meaning.