Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    mankrik's wife ofc. she's back and she's out for blood
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    The final boss is just a picture of your total time played, and a montage of an alternate version of you who never played WoW.
    that alternate guy is a success, but not at wow. so screw him.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Boulderfist Oger.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Vood Lords? Lol
    Oh no, their corrooption is alroody sprooding!

1+ Year Old Account
    Well it's simple.

Bobby Kotick
    Psychonaut
    Retail since 2007

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    They've strongly hinted that it's the void lords, and whenever we see a void expansion it's probably about time to start talking wow 2 more seriously. Not so much from an engine standpoint (although that's needed too), but more as a clear dividing line in the lore that this chapter of the wow story is ending. So as for lore I'd say yes it looks like void lords would be the final boss.

So whenever we see eventually that a void expansion is the next one, that might be time to ramp up the wow 2 talk. The catch of course being that there could be 15 expansions going to other islands and universes between now and then. Blizzard will come up with bad forces to fight as long as the game lives one way or another.

7+ Year Old Account
    The bottom of the barrel they decide is the bad guy behind the last bad guy
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    They've strongly hinted that it's the void lords, and whenever we see a void expansion it's probably about time to start talking wow 2 more seriously. Not so much from an engine standpoint (although that's needed too), but more as a clear dividing line in the lore that this chapter of the wow story is ending. So as for lore I'd say yes it looks like void lords would be the final boss.

So whenever we see eventually that a void expansion is the next one, that might be time to ramp up the wow 2 talk. The catch of course being that there could be 15 expansions going to other islands and universes between now and then. Blizzard will come up with bad forces to fight as long as the game lives one way or another.
    I've mentioned this a bit ago, but I think you might wanna play some Shadowlands content, cause the Void Lords may not be the big bads you might think they are being set up as.

Azeroth is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    definately a tyranid swarm..... or wahtever they are running from.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTang1991 View Post
    Are the Void Lords the new final boss in WoW lore? (Now that they already did the Titans)
    Yourself... It turns out that it was all a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    definately a tyranid swarm..... or wahtever they are running from.
    Tyranid's can get jumped for all I care. They ain't finna do shit. Besides, they, like most of 40k's guys, would work better for Disorder tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

That, or they can be Void beings, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    According to one of the online comics Blizz posted, we will face the Void once Anduin becomes an old man. So, we've got some time.
    TL;DR. I feel like Anduin going to come back in a void expansion (can likely be the next expansion: "The Dark Below"), and give us some exposition (or be the harbinger) of his interaction with the void. During that expansion, we'll see the lands of Azeroth be void-touched, and, as a result, the world soul might become corrupted (the following expansion). The pre-launch event will be a cohesive narrative of the events that will eventually unfold in the following expansion, and also seamlessly bring Dragonriding into Kalimdor and EK. The final big bad would be a void-touched world soul.

Anduin is not going to be an old man. He might age a little bit due to time skips, but not be older than Varian. What's the point? Just so we can have Anduin who is more grown up and experienced to be king again? It'd be just stupid (and I'm talking about Danuser here).

The end of SL was his exploration into the void or shadow. Now, I know HS is not canon, but it does depict a rather young Anduin (Cataclysm/MoP-aged) as a priest wielding both light and shadow for the default priest class portrait (Forshadowing?). So, when he finally does come back in a few expansions (or next expansion, if this expansion is setting up some sort of of void calamity or fallout), he might be a harbinger of what is to come or give us major exposition on how the void works, when we inevitably venture into that. Maybe he's lingered too long into the void and becomes ill? As a result, we may fully cure him OR we fight him and kill him. The "I've been away a while and I've seen some things tampering with the void" trope. Sort of similar to how Alleria gave some exposition of her interaction with the void at the end of Legion.

I second a previous comment that talked about Azeroth being the "final bad." Let's say the events of this expansion cause a void calamity to happen. In that, nearly everything in the world becomes void-touched. The world changes, like how it changed in Cataclysm. Imo, this is perfect for a pre-launch event because it gives a little snippet into the areas being affected, and also is narratively cohesive. The unfortunate thing about the Legion expansion is that, despite being present in Tanaris during the pre-launch event, the Legion never extended past the Broken Isles (And technically Antorus). It's just narratively dissonant. But, with this, it could start small in a few areas and then expand to covering a larger portion of Azeroth. These void pockets pop up and we go to various areas of Azeroth. This event is perfect for the seamless implementation of dragonriding into EK and Kalimdor. Anyway, a result of this corruption would see various beings in the EK and Kalimdor changing forms and being void-touched. And, at the end of the expansion, we could see Azeroth, the world soul, corrupted. Maybe being forced to deal with that in the coming expansions. Leading to the final bad actually being a corrupted world soul.

The events of this could start a completely new storyline, kind of like how FFXIV is starting a completely new one after 10+ years. So, it's not like we have to keep ascending to a plateau that we'll never reach. Maybe we don't need to always be fighting the next big baddie. That's just my two cents.

My own personal headcannon is that there was a great long-forgotten war between the Void Lords and First Ones. The Void Lords were defeated but they did manage to punch a hole into our universe on the plane of death. all souls are being drawn towards this hole and sucked out of our universe into the realm of the void lords, where some terrible fate awaits them. The First Ones placed the machinery of death over top of this hole, such that as souls draw near, they are filtered by the arbiter and diverted onto one of the many realms of the shadowlands. they arent able to stop all of them though, and some pass all the way through into the hands of the Void Lords. Slowly, the Void Lords grow in power as they collect these souls. Zovaal realized what was happening and tried to reorder everything to permanently close the hole, but his fellow Eternal Ones voted no. He tried anyway and they jailed him. He broke free of his jail to try again and we stopped him.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    The 7th force are the Progenitors, this has been clearly explained.
    No, it hasn't. There's also something that the WarCraft universe is supposed to act as a sort of cage too.

But neither of those are answers to the question of the OP, which simply makes no sense. This genre does not have predetermined "final bosses" for the overall game. Only for individual expansions.

"It was both six AND seven. The six were one, and the seventh the other. Did they desire union? The song seemed to say otherwise. Both were, yet only one could be."

- Firim in Exile, Part 7

The Progenitors ARE the 7th force. I mean, that's the very reason the Progenitors exist, lmao. How can you imagine that they are, in fact, nothing at all?
    You do realise that there is nothing in that that suggests either of those refers to the First Ones?

And i'm not claiming they are nothing. I'm just claiming they haven't been established as the 7th force. Right now, we don't even know if they are still present.

"It was both six AND seven. The six were one, and the seventh the other. Did they desire union? The song seemed to say otherwise. Both were, yet only one could be."

- Firim in Exile, Part 7

The Progenitors ARE the 7th force. I mean, that's the very reason the Progenitors exist, lmao. How can you imagine that they are, in fact, nothing at all?
    What your quote eplains is that they are six forces (the one we know of), and another force that's outside of it, kind of doing its own thing, and potentially being big threat.

The Progenitors (or First Ones) on the other hand, are the one who created the Forces, they are above them, not part of them, and especially not the seventh one.
    MMO Champs :

This seems to be the threat that Zovaal mentioned. I imagine it's the Progenitors.

I don't think any of the 6 forces are "the big bad" because they all serve their own interests and there is no such thing as "good" and "bad", at least in a linear way.

- - - Updated - - -

The 7th force are the Progenitors, this has been clearly explained.
    This has not been explained. The 7th force is it's own thing entirely, the Progenitors seemingly transcend above these forces.

There are 2 songs of which Firim has made out in Zereth Mortis, the song of the 6 and the song of the 7th. 2 whole songs, 2 different ordeals. The 6 point at the 7th but hate it, and Zovaal assumes the design of the First Ones is doomed to failed and fears "what is to come" which is the 7th.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    What your quote eplains is that they are six forces (the one we know of), and another force that's outside of it, kind of doing its own thing, and potentially being big threat.

The Progenitors (or First Ones) on the other hand, are the one who created the Forces, they are above them, not part of them, and especially not the seventh one.
    That is quite literally what it is. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Denial is taking its toll I see. Well, that's not the topic of the thread. =)
    This isn't denial. And how is it not part of the topic? Assuming the 7th Force is the final foe of WoW (so far at least...), we are allowed to make assumptions as to what this 7th power may be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You do realise that there is nothing in that that suggests either of those refers to the First Ones?

And i'm not claiming they are nothing. I'm just claiming they haven't been established as the 7th force. Right now, we don't even know if they are still present.
    Basically this. Kinda hoping the First Ones are on a Cosmic Milk run, just doing their own thing outside the Cosmology.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    My own personal headcannon is that there was a great long-forgotten war between the Void Lords and First Ones. The Void Lords were defeated but they did manage to punch a hole into our universe on the plane of death. all souls are being drawn towards this hole and sucked out of our universe into the realm of the void lords, where some terrible fate awaits them. The First Ones placed the machinery of death over top of this hole, such that as souls draw near, they are filtered by the arbiter and diverted onto one of the many realms of the shadowlands. they arent able to stop all of them though, and some pass all the way through into the hands of the Void Lords. Slowly, the Void Lords grow in power as they collect these souls. Zovaal realized what was happening and tried to reorder everything to permanently close the hole, but his fellow Eternal Ones voted no. He tried anyway and they jailed him. He broke free of his jail to try again and we stopped him.
    This can't possibly be true cause the Void Lords are among the Progenitors progeny. Danuser even confirms that the First Ones predate the Void Lords.

The final boss will definitely be The Doctor. EX-TER-MI-NATE!

Tbh, if WoW stops right after the void is dealt with, I expect them to subvert the 7th power into "it was a human (implying the way we, real-life humans act and think) factor all along" with it "prevailing" over all the other cosmic powers.