Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    Gnomes and Draenei should be fascinated by each others technologies but seem to have largely ignored each other

we should also see more interaction between Goblins and Gnomes, there's a lot of sneering at each other but by now there should also be some grudging respect and a few more of each who are willing to work with the other in order to push new innovations
    Yes, the Gnomes have manifested several times fascination and interest for Draenei and Naaru technology, and there is also the interest in Light-based technology to cure the Leper Gnomes that could be a point of collaboration between the two races. And the Gnomes could inspire Draenei artificiers to find new uses and to be more creative and original in how they imagine and build their tech.

Not counting that two races are also strong in magic.

I've said it before, but I'd love if the Tauren got the Niffen and Drogbar as 'buddy' races the way Nelfs have Cenarion allies or Orcs have Ogres and such.

The niffen/drogbar ability to tunnel through the earth without explosives would allow them to help the Horde do a lot of excavation without disturbing elementals.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I would even like to see x-faction elven interactions. It would be interesting to see cooperation of blood and void elves and night elves and nightborne. Each of these groups have their own issue with the other, so it might be good to explore if old prejudices and conflicts are still present or if they were able to move past them. It would give us much needed update on their relations now that Alliance and Horde is not at each others throats.

Also, night elves and void elves would be nice to see some teamwork. I think it was missed opportunity during BfA when Night Warrior and Army of the Black Moon seemed to draw strenght from more shadowy aspect of Elune. I was thinking that void elves might be curious about that.
    In all fairness, we did get this in Suramar, between Sin'dorei, Shal'dorei, Quel'dorei and Kaldorei.

The only addition I'd like to see more of is something between Night Elves and High Elves. Druidism Mastery from the Kaldorei and Arcane Mastery from the Quel'dorei could make Feralas a beautiful Alliance-only quest zone.

I'd love to see more Pandaren with anyone, just because they feel completely ignored.

I'd love to see some interactions with Draenei, Orcs and both allied race versions. Could be some fun talks going on there. Actually I'd like to see more with Draenei and Lightforged, now the Legion are defeated. Would be fun seeing a Draenei leading some Lightforged around Stormwind or Ironforge and explaining how common Azeroth things work.

Someone said it before, but seconding Nightborne and Goblins. That's a comedy just waiting to happen.

Definitely the Draenei and Night Elves. It's like their former partnership was forgotten the second Gilneas got tied to the Night Elves (the Nelves can only have ONE buddy race!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I see an evil alliance here.

I was trying to work the Nightborne in with NElves in my revision of lore, but the current narrative doesn't work well at all. The challenge of making Nightborne more...organic is too appealing to me however.. .
    @Khaza-R too. But the current narrative is also quite shallow, and their is much depth about the nightborne concerning their kaldorei pride and love, far more involvement with the druids too - remember the Arcan'dor, adn the Val'sharah refugees that moved to Suramar. The Moonguard also.

The nightborne have nostaligc love for the ORder of Elune for which the city was it's pre-sundering headquarters, noto mention their fabled most holy site, the Cathedral of Eternal night is just a broken bridge away. you have void elves, high elves and illidari to compensate for any blood elf love as well as understanding night elves sympathetic and knoweldgeable about addiction, not to mention the horde's crimes would appal many of the nightfallen bunch who gained the upperhand after the war, .

So areas I woudl target are desire to re-introduce the wonders arcane to kaldorei society perceived reluctant or inabstentia
    Desire to harness the fabled power of nature that guides evolution and defeated the legion
    Restore their Elune worship heritage and the lost magical secrets from there
    And a drive to restore the wondrous glory (as they see it) of the kaldorei civilization and all it's best pasts - something htey will share in common with the Dranassian Highborne

There are all points that could be used and worked in. I can easily see nightborne actually liking both elf groups and the distinction is made more on culture rather than racial lines. There would be some nightborne actually looking down on thalassinas considering them lesser because of their biological devolution, and some looking down on Darnassians because of how devolved their society became. these camps would be the minority.

Whiles Thalyssra aligned witht he horde, Suramar is full of night elvs and kirin'tor humans and most people don't care about the factions, the nightborne love the blood elves and they love Elune and Tyrande despite Thalyssra's coolness towards herself, which is more like a greatly long time admired hero not acknoweldging your great efforts and/or doubting you and your intergrity and you getting hurt /annoyed by it. and in a temporrary sulk.

you could also add things like the priesthood is viewed as a great asset to the restoration of kaldorei civilziation and ofc their legendary power, which once thought int he past, realised it suurvived and was present in all the defeats of the legion and the amazing display in the shadowlands. They know what hte Order of Elune can do. Esp when combined with the Moonguard mage spellswords.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    What are the races of Warcraft that cruelly lack onscreen interactions between them, and which could be very interesting and productive if treated right ?

Which ones could get truly awesome results if they work together or work together more than they have done so far ?
    Blood Elves and Void Elves.

Allied Races with their racial similarities, is always welcome. Cross faction collusion I wouldn't mind seeing, in scenarios where the world isn't in immediate danger (again). Few examples, TBC had Blood Elves and Draenei as part of the Shattered Sun Offensive, but prior to marching off into battle they had recruits training together in Shattrath. The MoP cinematic had a single Human and Orc, teaming up to brawl with Chen. Later in a follow up mini-cinematic the two were drinking together at a bar. In the books, a tauren and blood elf emissary were present in Ironforge, paying respects to Magni after the ritual when he was turned into diamond. The death knight brotherly bond between Thassarian and Koltira Deathweaver, despite one killing the other, in death it's water under the bridge. And numerous other instances of cross faction interactions that were mutual in nature.

I don't want to see just a specific race, I want to see ALL interactions regardless of faction divide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Definitely the Draenei and Night Elves. It's like their former partnership was forgotten the second Gilneas got tied to the Night Elves (the Nelves can only have ONE buddy race!!!)
    Yes, plus the Draenei could be the ones alongside the returning Highborne to help teach back Arcane magic to the Night Elves, without the abuses and recklessness of Azshara's times. And they could help them also by teaching the ways of the Paladin to NE, and also help their common friends that are the Furbolgs.

Speaking of Worgens, it could be interesting to see their interactions with Draenei and Furbolgs.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    Gnomes and Draenei should be fascinated by each others technologies but seem to have largely ignored each other

we should also see more interaction between Goblins and Gnomes, there's a lot of sneering at each other but by now there should also be some grudging respect and a few more of each who are willing to work with the other in order to push new innovations
    I, for one, would really like to have at least one race that broadly holds on to grudges, and I feel like Goblins are perfect for that. The engineering arms race is more entertaining as a competition, not cooperation.

10+ Year Old Account
    nelf and tauren
    orcs and trolls (i talk classic wow orc/troll relation, where trolls talk orcish and vol'jin was orgrimmar faction, that best friend relation that died with Garrosh)
    gnomes and dwarfs (gnomes are mia, they always were best bud with dwarfs lorewise)
    humans and every elf variation (let's be honest, humans would drool non stop on any elf, heck lorewise we have many male human with female elf)
    those are only exampls i can think that exist in lore or used to, but aren't represented in wow
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The Human kingdoms.
    The Dwarven clans.
    The Kaldorei and the Worgen\Pandaren.
    The Dwarves and the Pandaren.
    The Gnomes and Dwarves.
    The Orcish clans.
    The Tauren tribes.
    The Troll tribes.
    The Forsaken and Goblins.
    Blood elves and Nightborne.
    Goblins and Orcs.

Across faction and to represent the peace side we should build on the following

Existing Ones

Draenei and Blood elf
    Draenei but more Lightforged with Blood elves
    (Builds on TBC interaction, Lightforged also won’t be scarred by the earlier Draenei/blood elf fights)

Night elf and Nightborne
    Building on 7.0 and pre sundering relationship. We saw the blood elf relations develop but the Moonguard, Druids, Arcan’dor, Farondis and the Order of Elune are all key elements to the Nightborne that involve night elves that can continue

Human and Forsaken
    This was a watershed development in the novel and then all the events since, with Scalia etc, something should happen.

Potential new ones

Night Elf and Highmountain
    I fear Teldrassil somewhat would have drained Tauren relations but Highmountain do owe their evolution to Malfurion and Cenarius, I feel also these two races lived peaceably for 10,000 years on the broken isle.

Goblin and Mechagnome
    I think it would be very interesting if gobos really like Mechagnome but hated gnomes

Worgen and Panda

Panda and Highmountain

- - - Updated - - -

Across faction and to represent the peace side we should build on the following

Existing Ones

Draenei and Blood elf
    Draenei but more Lightforged with Blood elves
    (Builds on TBC interaction, Lightforged also won’t be scarred by the earlier Draenei/blood elf fights)

Night elf and Nightborne
    Building on 7.0 and pre sundering relationship. We saw the blood elf relations develop but the Moonguard, Druids, Arcan’dor, Farondis and the Order of Elune are all key elements to the Nightborne that involve night elves that can continue

Human and Forsaken
    This was a watershed development in the novel and then all the events since, with Scalia etc, something should happen.

Potential new ones

Night Elf and Highmountain
    I fear Teldrassil somewhat would have drained Tauren relations but Highmountain do owe their evolution to Malfurion and Cenarius, I feel also these two races lived peaceably for 10,000 years on the broken isle.

Goblin and Mechagnome
    I think it would be very interesting if gobos really like Mechagnome but hated gnomes

Dark Iron and Vulpera
    Dark Iron and Zandalari
    Dark Iron and Drogbar

Worgen and horde Panda

Alliance Panda and Highmountain
    I think Pandas would like the less aggressive cousins of the Yaungol

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the draenei, worgen, (Darkspear) trolls, and pandaren have been pretty absent from the story.

The Zandalari kind of replaced the Darkspear in the narrative after Vol'jin kicked the bucket and they haven't really had a meaningful representative since, even in BFA they didn't get much beyond some closure for Vol'jin's spirit.

The draenei haven't had much to do since Legion, which is understandable, but with Anduin MIA and Turalyon in charge I'd really like to see the draenei take on a more prominent role in Stormwind, perhaps even redesigning the Cathedral district to incorporate more of a Lightforged aesthetic.

The worgen as a whole have kinda been left in the dust, though with Sylvanas serving her sentence in hell their narrative arc has pretty much come to a conclusion.

Pandaren show up here and there as individuals but it would be nice to have some in more prominent positions in the story. I feel like Y'Shaarj is the only Old God that never got a proper time to shine, so I'd love to see him return and maybe necessitate a return from some of the major pandaren characters like the Shado-Pan, maybe get the Rajani back in the picture too.

We got the tauren / centaur stuff in the last patch which was a nice way to bring them into the plot again, short thought it is. And we've gotten a decent amount of heritage stuff for orcs and blood elves.

Undead and blood elves. Full stop.

I think that it would be interesting and cool to see more interactions and cooperation between the Worgens and the Draenei, with the two races being so different in terms of appearance and culture, while being the two physically strongest races of the Alliance and having modern weapons (though scifi in the Draenei's case) and with the Draenei's apparent stoicism contrasting with the Worgens' bestiality and fury.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Undead and blood elves. Full stop.
    This. It was hinted at (somewhat) during BC, but it never went any further, which was odd asf during WotLK and especially during MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

In a weird way, all of the races out Outland (not AU Draenor) and work to preserve the land that is there and ensure their world, or what remains, continues to survive.

Sure there is a LOT of bad blood between them all, especially the Orcs and Draenei, with the road made from their skulls and all, but there is a larger picture that needs to be worked on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Regarding worgen, their story is criminally underused in general. What a waste.
    Really does feel like they think Genn is the only Worgen that exists sometimes, would be nice the see the Night Elves and Worgen work together for a new home...perhaps fix/purge Gilneas or discover a new home

15+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the midget races should work together more. Goblins, gnomes, dwarves, and vulpera all share a lot of understanding of the world and have similar tastes in brutality and imagination.