Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW Hotfixes - June 1, 2023, Diablo 4 Build Tool

Building Azeroth - Airlock Tech
    Blizzard shared a video about the new tech used to avoid loading screens.

WoW Hotfixes - June 1, 2023
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Items and Rewards
    • Prismatic Bauble's cooldown has been reduced to 60 seconds (was 120 seconds) for one month.
      • Developers’ notes: For one month, the Prismatic Bauble's cooldown has been reduced and can be purchased from Jepetto Joybuzz and his Clockwork Assistant in The Wonderworks in Dalaran, floating above the Broken Isles. The Wonderworks can be found down the steps from the Violet Citadel and across the street from Simply Enchanting. Be warned! This very expensive cosmetic item will only have a reduced cooldown and be available from these sources for a month before returning to its original cooldown and being exclusively sold by Dalaran's legendary and elusive Mad Merchant.

Quests
    • Researchers Under Fire
      • Developers’ notes: Players were being delayed by a lack of Altar Stones which we are addressing. Even with more Altar Stones the timer is still super tight. We think another 30 seconds will allow groups to perfect their runs and be more in line with the Titan version once players become more familiar.
      • Added more spawns of Altar Stones as well as made them spawn quicker.
      • The Sundered Flame Forces are being delayed giving players an extra 30 seconds to complete the Investigation of the Djaradin Ruins.

Wrath of the Lich King Classic
    • Commendation of Bravery is again available from Veteran Arena vendors: Argex Irongut in Gadgetzan, Kezzik the Striker in Area 52, and Nargle Lashcord in Dalaran.

Black Temple Temporarily Unavailable
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    In order to address issues impacting the game service, we’ve temporarily closed Black Temple.

We intend to deploy fixes for it and then re-open the instance during scheduled weekly maintenance (on Tuesday, June 6 in this region).

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Diablo 4 - Build Tool and Items
    Our friends over at Diablofans have released the first version of their Diablo 4 build tool and item listing.

Last edited by chaud; 2023-06-02 at 02:48 AM.

what underground zone in wrath is he talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    They probably meant Deepholm in Cataclysm.

Sadly that seamless transition advertised in the video has not been my experience with Zaralek Cavern. Often times I see the end of the cave wall before it disappears. Yes, my game is installed on an SSD.

- - - Updated - - -

There was an underground Nerubian zone that was prototyped for Wrath (there are videos showing the prototyped map, no ceiling), but that got cancelled and Azjol-Nerub became an instanced dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder what was breaking the game in BT on Classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Prismatic Bauble's cooldown has been reduced to 60 seconds (was 120 seconds) for one month.

WTF is the point of this?? I mean I love that toy and I already have it. Just reduce the cd permanently for the people who paid full price…

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Prismatic Bauble's cooldown has been reduced to 60 seconds (was 120 seconds) for one month.

WTF is the point of this?? I mean I love that toy and I already have it. Just reduce the cd permanently for the people who paid full price…
    It's for Pride Month, because the toy creates a rainbow.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    They probably have to add 500 new invisible walls to counter our 'AI friends', LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post

Honestly I didn't know this existed and now I want to buy it and went to visit Jepetto. Apparently the Hotfix hasn't been applied yet because he isn't selling it.

I get why they did it, but it's ridiculous to nerf it back after pride month is over.

in short, lucrative rogue fan of knives fly hacking is not cool anymore when blizzard now sells the gold

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    It's for Pride Month, because the toy creates a rainbow.
    wasn't that like 2 months ago?

Azjol-Nerub was supposed to be a full underground zone in Wrath, so he just confused Deepholm with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe someone figured out how to spawn the warglaives again.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    wasn't that like 2 months ago?
    No, Pride month has always been in June and it has been for at least 24 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Sadly that seamless transition advertised in the video has not been my experience with Zaralek Cavern. Often times I see the end of the cave wall before it disappears. Yes, my game is installed on an SSD.

- - - Updated - - -

There was an underground Nerubian zone that was prototyped for Wrath (there are videos showing the prototyped map, no ceiling), but that got cancelled and Azjol-Nerub became an instanced dungeon.
    Same here.Maybe my pc is slow as i do get longer loading screens than all my guildies but when i try to reach zaralek or get out of the zone at the end there is always a boulder blocking the way out. I get messages like " you do not have permission to use that function", or " error finishing loading screen freeze" or something like that. I have to go back 30 yds and wait a bit for another error before the way is cleared.
    Dont get me wrong its good this way without loading screens and i hope they keep this up for upcoming expansions,but i wish they would do something about people with slower pcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

where can i find that video? nothing on YT?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    where can i find that video? nothing on YT?
    I bet it's high end system which is allowing this tech - I'm on SSD, 3070 TI with high end processor, using DX11 as I had some artefacting with DX12, always zooming in at max speed and never had any issues.

It's cool thing, maybe if people run into trouble there could be a portal style access with loading screen, but the actual feature is fun and has potential.

Not sure what they actually talking about but I will say this, that gameplay engineer spends more time in the gym then working on the game, look at the dude, buff as fuk. my wife wants to leave me for him

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Not sure what they actually talking about but I will say this, that gameplay engineer spends more time in the gym then working on the game, look at the dude, buff as fuk. my wife wants to leave me for him

DEAD.....lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how the video says absolutely nothing about the tech itself...

What's exactly the difference between that "new tech" and switching shards when going into a new zone, like zoning from Broken Shores to Dalaran in Legion?