Where does windows 11 save account info ?

So I recently formatted my computer after changing the windows/live password and i no longer remember the password or have the phone number associated with the account so i am unable to do password recovery. I do however have a backup of many of the folders and was wondering where the windows login information is kept so I could potentially copy it over to the current system and regain access to my original windows/live account. using the Pin for windows hello

10+ Year Old Account
    So need some clarification here.

Where iss this 'backup' of folders? How was it backed up?

Windows passwords aren't 'saved' in a useful method, specifically to prevent something like this. What email was the windows live account associated with, do you have that?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So need some clarification here.

Where iss this 'backup' of folders? How was it backed up?

Windows passwords aren't 'saved' in a useful method, specifically to prevent something like this. What email was the windows live account associated with, do you have that?
    I have the user account folder backed up
    I also have the same account on a windows 10 computer and yes I have access to the email account but not the recovery phone number or the emergency one time use code so microsoft wont let me use password recovery for 30 days

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit confused then.

If you have the same account on another system, how are you able to log in on that one but not the other? (Im assuming its not actually a windows live account)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Why not just reach out to Microsoft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Why not just reach out to Microsoft?
    When you change security info on your MS account, it locks you out from making further changes for 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm a bit confused then.

If you have the same account on another system, how are you able to log in on that one but not the other? (Im assuming its not actually a windows live account)
    Because I use the Windows hello feature that allows you to enter a 4 digit pin number to login to the user account instead of the actual password.
    Problem is that you need to use the actual password to set it up on a new computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's the case, you may need to wait the 30 days before changing the phone number, or use the website to have it reset through your email.

Or figure out what the password was that you changed.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Because I use the Windows hello feature that allows you to enter a 4 digit pin number to login to the user account instead of the actual password.
    Problem is that you need to use the actual password to set it up on a new computer.
    Have you checked your browser's autocomplete settings? Chrome (I assume Edge and Firefox are similar) will let you view any password it has saved using the Windows PIN.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried the Sign-in helper?

https://support.microsoft.com/home/c...soft%20account