Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think it's important to have some mounts no longer be obtainable Like the Scarab Lord mount or the Glad Mounts. These are more status symbols then anything else. Now the TCG mounts are tricky, While I think some of these mounts should not be obtainable again like the Swift Spectral or the Magic Rooster. Most of the others should be fair game to be Twitch rewards or Trading Post rewards.

With all that said. I do also think they should make available alternate versions of these unobtainable mounts again. Either as a pallet swap or a revamped version. Like With the Scarab Lord mount while i was never able to get that one I was however able to get the blue version from archaeology. What could be cool is adding to timewalking the ability to do the Scarab Lord quest and obtain a pallet swap version of the updated version of the mount, The Qiraji War Tank. Just change the color to blue or red.

This would allow these old unobtainable mounts kinda obtainable again while keeping the original as status symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
    This would allow these old unobtainable mounts kinda obtainable again while keeping the original as status symbols.
    Lol "status symbols". People really think that the average gamer cares about video game "status"? So while I'm sure you don't care about me at all right now, you're telling me that if you scrolled through my mount and transmog collections you'd suddenly have more respect for me or think of me as superior? Fuck, that is such a low bar as far as accomplishments go... I'm always convinced that people who insist on having "status symbols" in video games must just not have all that much going on in their lives if that's really what they bank so much of their self worth on.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So not much of a solution, rather than a “what I thought about while taking a shower” idea.

Not a solution at all.
    Problem: People want to earn exclusive / FOMO things without people getting them later for a different / lesser achievement.

Solution: Yes yes, little buddy, yours is the original, it says so right here on the tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Different people play for different reasons. I was in a US top 50 guild during early Cata. I still didn't care at all about lording my accomplishments over people. I play because playing is fun. At the time, playing at the very highest level was fun, so I tried to do so. When it stopped being fun, I stopped doing it.
    Funnily enough, the main reason I raided Naxx on my mage was so that I could get Judgement handed to me on my pally. I left the guild that my IRL friends were in to join a much more competitive one. The raid itself (Naxx) was cool, but I didn't much like the people I was raiding with. I literally did it for one thing; lower level gear on a completely different class just because I thought it looked cool. Just a bit more insight into the "different people play for different reasons" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Lol "status symbols". People really think that the average gamer cares about video game "status"? So while I'm sure you don't care about me at all right now, you're telling me that if you scrolled through my mount and transmog collections you'd suddenly have more respect for me or think of me as superior? Fuck, that is such a low bar as far as accomplishments go... I'm always convinced that people who insist on having "status symbols" in video games must just not have all that much going on in their lives if that's really what they bank so much of their self worth on.
    It's the other way around, man. Nobody cares what cool shit other people have. They care what of their own cool shit they can prove is exclusive. Someone else getting elite gear for marks of honor would hurt their sense of pride and accomplishment. Thus, give them the Legendary tooltip and let everyone else get the cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Spending 300$ for a mount is still more work than just "I want it and I deserve that mount because I just say so"
    People have hated store mounts and similar things that were only obtainable by out of game purchases and not available by in-game activities

So, frankly, stuff that was otherwise only available by out of game purchases becoming available through in-game action alone is an overall improvement

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    and when Blizzard opens Classic to Retail transfers you'll see a fuckton more Plagued and Black Protos.

Even more so if Blizzard decides to do the right thing on Retail and give it to people that got the T7 Meta Achievements
    Seeing how they open up to cross-faction interaction in Retail, I could see this being a thing some day. I hope not, because I think Classic and Retail is two very different games.

IF this is actually a thing that needs any attention.

Feat of Strength. If you already have the item when it becomes re-obtainable you earn a Feat of Strength that's no earnable elsewise. Done, there's your special pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Don't delude yourself into thinking any achievements in this video game are meaningful. Have fun, do what you want, but don't start talking about what people do or do not "deserve." Especially almost fifteen years after the original versions of some of these rewards were made unavailable.
    What people think is meaningful is their own subjective feeling. Some people enjoy working hard in games to obtain stuff and have rare things no longer obtainable. What's wrong with that?

I used to look up to people with rare mounts/achivements myself unless some cheating was involved. I don't really understand people who wants rare stuff themselves without putting in some kind rare effort. Especially I don't understand why they feel belittled or have to be envious towards others instead just acknowledging them doing something great in a game.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2023-06-03 at 09:34 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    One of the reasons i will never return to WoW is exactly the fact that some things are forever lost to me.

I was never in the pvp scene, so i have missed a gazillion of mount and armor skins.

I used to care about exclusiveness, being one of the few having Immortal and the Black Proto back in the day, but the collector in me won over.

The fact that i will never be able to get some Legion, BfA, SL etc stuff, is the reason that i will never try WoW again.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    in terms of end game achievements you can literally buy a boost for all forms of content, you can buy a full mythic clear and the mythic boss drop mount, you can buy rank 1 gladiator title if you're willing to spend enough, you can buy all the M+ carries you want, then there's still the little known thing where you can 'buy' a persons character off them and transfer all the mounts/titles etc attached to that character if there's a specific one you want, and while this is technically against the TOS of the game, there's no reason you can't come to some arrangement outside the game with someone and perform the various steps necessary for this to work (i will not list them here), voila, you have basically everything the game has to offer with enough of a capital investment, now if you wanted to get them all yourself for free, that's where the whole no life mentality comes from but don't kid yourself into thinking things are off limits because you missed the boat on certain things, with enough money (and gold to an extent) anything is possible in WoW.
    You can't buy rank1 gladiator, there is noone out there that can carry you to r1 with 2 people, it's not possible, at all. And Blizzard bans you the second you gain any major achievement if it's done on a different computer, they are very efficient at that.
    Could you pay some guy to come to your house and play to R1 for you? I guess, but that is so few people that it's not worth thinking about even.
    In fact, Gladiator is not an easy carry, you need to be pretty ok at pvp to be able to get there even with 2 really good people trying to carry you.

On topic,
    I just prefer Blizzard makes new mounts, one of the boring things about m+ this season is that we got all the portals and achievements the second week, I'd really like for there to be some concrete goal to aim for, not to show that we are better or whatever, but because it's fun to have goals in game, maybe a new armor tint at 3000 like pvp gets? or a new mount at 3200? Goals are fun, especially if they are not eventually handed to you later.

The amount of people in here talking about how "it doesn't matter at all/has no meaning/etc., so it MUST BE CHANGED RIGHT NOW!!11" is sort of funny.

If it doesn't matter, go ride a different mount.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people don't actually care if other people have the same stuff as them, as there isn't any prestige in the game anymore. So this isn't actually a problem.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    You can't buy rank1 gladiator, there is noone out there that can carry you to r1 with 2 people, it's not possible, at all. And Blizzard bans you the second you gain any major achievement if it's done on a different computer, they are very efficient at that.
    Could you pay some guy to come to your house and play to R1 for you? I guess, but that is so few people that it's not worth thinking about even.
    In fact, Gladiator is not an easy carry, you need to be pretty ok at pvp to be able to get there even with 2 really good people trying to carry you.

On topic,
    I just prefer Blizzard makes new mounts, one of the boring things about m+ this season is that we got all the portals and achievements the second week, I'd really like for there to be some concrete goal to aim for, not to show that we are better or whatever, but because it's fun to have goals in game, maybe a new armor tint at 3000 like pvp gets? or a new mount at 3200? Goals are fun, especially if they are not eventually handed to you later.
    like i stated, i'm not gonna detail how to buy certain things, but there is a way to do it it's just likely to cost a lot of money if you try it, it's also very engrossed depending on method, because you likely don't know the few methods you're looking at this from a different perspective and as such don't see why it's a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    like i stated, i'm not gonna detail how to buy certain things, but there is a way to do it it's just likely to cost a lot of money if you try it, it's also very engrossed depending on method, because you likely don't know the few methods you're looking at this from a different perspective and as such don't see why it's a non issue.
    So you're basically buying win trading....I mean just go ahead and say it you would have to pay multiple teams that are already on top to
    A. Carry you
    B. Lose to you on purpose
    C. Trade wins so that it doesn't look so suspicious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    So you're basically buying win trading....I mean just go ahead and say it you would have to pay multiple teams that are already on top to
    A. Carry you
    B. Lose to you on purpose
    C. Trade wins so that it doesn't look so suspicious
    again, you're looking at this from a purely in game perspective which is wrong, and as i have stated now twice i'm not going to detail how to do it because it's technically against ToS and is also a bannable offence on these forums.

mounts can't save a game anyway when the talented developers have left and the story is either laughably bad or predictable to the point that skipping it keeps you awake. Having 400 mounts in a ghost town game is like having a pog collection at a flea market, you may get some nostalgic people but the status of having them is gone.

Just a matter of time before it cones down to profitability. Hard cash for pixels...

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    One of the reasons i will never return to WoW is exactly the fact that some things are forever lost to me.

I was never in the pvp scene, so i have missed a gazillion of mount and armor skins.

I used to care about exclusiveness, being one of the few having Immortal and the Black Proto back in the day, but the collector in me won over.

The fact that i will never be able to get some Legion, BfA, SL etc stuff, is the reason that i will never try WoW again.
    Even if you could get them now, would you really want to try to catch up by spending thousands of hours running bosses for drops on some reskin mounts?. The longer you are out of a game and the more irrelevant the game has become, the less attractive the overwhelming grind becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Even if you could get them now, would you really want to try to catch up by spending thousands of hours running bosses for drops on some reskin mounts?. The longer you are out of a game and the more irrelevant the game has become, the less attractive the overwhelming grind becomes.
    Relevance is always an issue to me. But to me that connects to a storyline to...not just to make things relevant, but give it a bit of meaning. Too many playing the game don't care at all about any if that. They just want the pretty pixels.