10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Are there a finite number of batteries that you can get from the device dispensers? Because it's annoying trying to get somewhere and finding out that I need to grind more battery capacity to do it because I can't find anymore batteries that can be added from inventory.
    Idk about batteries being finite, but you can also just use Zonai-charges to prolong your vehicle duration

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Idk about batteries being finite, but you can also just use Zonai-charges to prolong your vehicle duration
    Well they still fall apart eventually, which is pretty annoying. But it doesn't look like the dispensing machines actually restock, or at least there isn't a way to do so. Not like I have a ton of places to fly to now that require such long flight times though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they still fall apart eventually, which is pretty annoying.
    I guess you are talking about the wings? they always selfdestruct after a certain distance, as far as I know a battery doesnt change that.

I'm pretty sure everything has a set level of durability that ensures they break after awhile. It's just that you don't nescesarrily use everything long enough for them to actually break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because stamina and battery aren't comparable to the clawshot or hammer ... like they aren't remotely the same thing.

Stamina is like well the Stamina or Magic Meter in prior games and Battery is the same idea there too.

The comparable thing to the clawshot or hammer were the runes like Magnesis in BotW or the Ascend in TofK. The only functional difference between the runes and prior games is that you get all the tools you need early in the game. If your complaint was "I don't like how we get the majority of tools at the start of the game, I like to have them spread out so each is given more time to shine." I can understand that, but this current version of your complaint is you comparing two things that aren't comparable mechanics.

Your comparison is an unfair comparison because you aren't comparing like to like. Shrines for example are akin to Pieces of Heart in prior games, comparing them to any other aspect of the the prior games is an inherently unfair comparison against them.
    I've said before in this thread that I really dislike being given everything (ie: toolkit) so early as part of what I enjoy in a Zelda game is unlocking cool items which then unlock new locations and allow new dungeons to be accessed / beaten.

In the particular example I was responding to the poster said that more stamina allows them to access new areas. Magic doesn't really do that (apart from unlocking it in the first place), nor does stamina really in the traditional Zelda format (I can't think of examples at least). Even things like the silver/golden scale provide that same kind of functionality, but they're items and to me that just has more of a traditionally Zelda feel.

Shrines are certainly like pieces of heart, I will grant you that for sure. I don't have any issue with them existing as such, I just found many of the shrine puzzles to be kind of boring because I'm really not that interested in physics-based puzzles. In many cases I had more fun actually unlocking/figuring out how to get to the shrines than actually doing the shrine puzzles themselves.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I've said before in this thread that I really dislike being given everything (ie: toolkit) so early as part of what I enjoy in a Zelda game is unlocking cool items which then unlock new locations and allow new dungeons to be accessed / beaten.

In the particular example I was responding to the poster said that more stamina allows them to access new areas. Magic doesn't really do that (apart from unlocking it in the first place), nor does stamina really in the traditional Zelda format (I can't think of examples at least). Even things like the silver/golden scale provide that same kind of functionality, but they're items and to me that just has more of a traditionally Zelda feel.

Shrines are certainly like pieces of heart, I will grant you that for sure. I don't have any issue with them existing as such, I just found many of the shrine puzzles to be kind of boring because I'm really not that interested in physics-based puzzles. In many cases I had more fun actually unlocking/figuring out how to get to the shrines than actually doing the shrine puzzles themselves.
    Well there are so many you gona get sick of them fast. I just ended up solving a lot of them using a rocket shield (you gota place those items outside shrine) and arrows + bombs.

My biggest game dislike tho is that lost woods dont have the lost wood song.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently I am dumb and there is no limit on items from dispensers, I just wasn't getting batteries from the ones that have them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there a finite number of batteries that you can get from the device dispensers? Because it's annoying trying to get somewhere and finding out that I need to grind more battery capacity to do it because I can't find anymore batteries that can be added from inventory.
    If you do not have all of you abilities yet, do not read the spoiler (if you care about spoilers)

If you have the Zonai parts in your inventory, you can rebuild the glider, batteries, and fans/rockets midair and get right back on it. Just use the auto-build abilities when the glider expires, and land on the new one. This should also replace the physical batteries you placed on your flying machine.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got back to playing. Upgraded a certain set to rank 2/4. Got a few more hearts via shrines and figured I've left Riju hanging for long enough in the Temple.

2nd round Queen Gibdo was interesting. Tore me a new one which is why I went and upgraded myself a bit more, came back and tore her a new one. Just realized after viewing the Sages vs. Ganondord cutscene for the 4th time (3 temples, 1 Tear cutscene): where the hell is the Master Sword wielder of that era? Surely they'd be in that room ready to beat down Ganondorf, right?.

Also, the Queen Gibdo exPLODED when I killed her. Idk if all of the bosses have been doing that this entire time but seeing her just nuke so suddenly was funny to me.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Just realized after viewing the Sages vs. Ganondord cutscene for the 4th time (3 temples, 1 Tear cutscene): where the hell is the Master Sword wielder of that era? Surely they'd be in that room ready to beat down Ganondorf, right?.
    Given that no one in this era knows wtf the Master Sword is when Zelda talks about it, chances are that it might not even exist at this point. I kinda hope that this plotpoint ends up as dlc content or gets otherwise answered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally cleared BotW from my backlog after burning out before finishing it...put it off for months and only took me about 2 hours to finish once I picked it back up.

First impressions of TotK? A breath of fresh air, no pun intended. Kind of lost track of time once I got the build tool thing. Pretty sure I got to one of the shrines not as intended by building a ridiculously long pole. Built way too elaborate of a launch platform for the glider they heavy implied to make...it flew too well and flew out of bounds a few times...on purpose because it was fun making it. Lost almost 2 hours when I got the fuse tool. Things got out of hand when I fused a minecraft to a tree branch. Figured I would get off tutorial island after opening the ToT so I spent a lot of the time I had exploring...so I'm still on the island(s) after an embarrassing amount of time.

So far the intro is a lot better than BotWs, believe it or not a lot of people did not make it out of BotWs 'tutorial. So far TotK is the game people described when talked about BotW (I think BotW was a solid game but people overrated it by a lot.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2023-06-08 at 11:17 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Given that no one in this era knows wtf the Master Sword is when Zelda talks about it, chances are that it might not even exist at this point. I kinda hope that this plotpoint ends up as dlc content or gets otherwise answered.
    Given the nature of the Zelda timeline, who knows exactly where the flashback takes place. If we assume that it takes place after Skyward Sword, saying Sonia is the descendent from Skyward Sword Zelda, it is likely that no one else has claimed the sword yet. Given that Zora exist in the past there has to be some amount of time since Skyward Sword for it.

All I know is the time line is once again shaken up.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got back to playing. Upgraded a certain set to rank 2/4. Got a few more hearts via shrines and figured I've left Riju hanging for long enough in the Temple.

2nd round Queen Gibdo was interesting. Tore me a new one which is why I went and upgraded myself a bit more, came back and tore her a new one. Just realized after viewing the Sages vs. Ganondord cutscene for the 4th time (3 temples, 1 Tear cutscene): where the hell is the Master Sword wielder of that era? Surely they'd be in that room ready to beat down Ganondorf, right?.

Also, the Queen Gibdo exPLODED when I killed her. Idk if all of the bosses have been doing that this entire time but seeing her just nuke so suddenly was funny to me.
    It hadn't been created at that point. You have to remember that the first sealing of Ganon happens during the first years of the kingdom of Hyrule existing. Since the story takes place at some point in the centuries surrounding Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, it is safe to assume that the Master Sword was crafted by the goddess at some point following the sealing of Ganon, knowing that they'd need something to help defeat him.

- - - Updated - - -

Given the nature of the Zelda timeline, who knows exactly where the flashback takes place. If we assume that it takes place after Skyward Sword, saying Sonia is the descendent from Skyward Sword Zelda, it is likely that no one else has claimed the sword yet. Given that Zora exist in the past there has to be some amount of time since Skyward Sword for it.

All I know is the time line is once again shaken up.
    Skyward Sword takes place before BOTW, for certain, but the backstory for TotK takes place thousands of years before. One has to remember that there's literally many centuries between these stories

7+ Year Old Account
    Skyward Sword takes place before BOTW, for certain, but the backstory for TotK takes place thousands of years before. One has to remember that there's literally many centuries between these stories
    The issue, is the flashback back is takes place shortly after the founding of the the Kingdom of Hyrule. Which didn't exist in Skyward Sword. Therefore, the flashback happens some time post Skyward sword. But, has to be pre-OoT for reasons.

Also, Skyward Sword has the progenitor to Zora in it. So, the flashback must be post Skyward Sword as Zora exists. Unless they are shaking up the timeline again
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    It hadn't been created at that point. You have to remember that the first sealing of Ganon happens during the first years of the kingdom of Hyrule existing. Since the story takes place at some point in the centuries surrounding Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, it is safe to assume that the Master Sword was crafted by the goddess at some point following the sealing of Ganon, knowing that they'd need something to help defeat him.
    By Ganon, do you mean Demise? Because the Goddess Sword/Master Sword predates Ganon/dorf. It was in already in Skyloft inside the Statue of the Goddess at the start of Skyward Sword, so it was created post-Demise's sealing. Unless we're thinking this is somehow some different timeline with a different Master Sword that I'm not understanding.

Game progress update: Beat the 4 temples, and the 5th temple. Absolutely despised the Fire Temple: which is a shame because I was looking forward to it because I generally like Fire Temples. But the moment I saw the map with the cart tracks I just checked out emotionally, gave me big "Water Temple" vibes. I think I did 2 gongs using the tracks then I just gave up and began cheesing. I completely forgot about Ascend as well, and I was just jankily climbing walls and cheesing my way climbing over things that should have dropped me if I tried normally.

I loved the Goron story, Yunobo, the aesthetics (seeing the lava and the Temple itself in the darkness of the Depths gave me mad Lost Izalith vibes), and the boss though, so it brings my overall feeling for that section from a 3 up to a 7.

On the topic of the Depths: having explored probably 60% of it, I can safely say I LOVE it. I was in the 5th temple area, was just about to set off to the 4 warehouses and lobbed a glow-flower arrow into the field next door - hit the spine and ribs of a long dead thing that puts the Leviathans to shame. IDK what the fuck that thing was in life, but HOLY SHIT. Also, those Bargainer statues - ESPECIALLY the big one standing on top of that one mountain with its head inches from touching the Depths ceiling - woooooooow.
    Interesting to see a Death aspect in the game, a group of entities that don't see good or evil, just understand that souls must move on and not linger, and are willing to trade items to convince travelers to help any souls move on.

Currently saved in the Depths below Hyrule Castle, just standing on that little dive platform above the big Army/"Boss-rush" arena. Tried fighting Ganondorf but I had 5 intact hearts after unga-bunga-ing the Army so I quit to play WoW. I think I need to upgrade the Depths armor or get some resistance stuff. I'm also considering getting all of the Shrines for that reward, because I kinda want to use it for Ganondorf just to see what it's like.

Also, first time I was diving down to the Army arena; I was so awestruck by looking at the arena and trying to figure out if the arena and the "door" were some weird tree statue of Ganondorf, I complete forgot to pull out the glider and Link splat'd. Had a good chuckle from that. And that was only half an hour after I had full-on head dived into a rocky outcrop in the Hyrule Castle chasm because the rock wall isn't completely verticle - it's kinda diagonal, and I wasn't close enough to the column in the middle.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2023-06-11 at 06:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently saved in the Depths below Hyrule Castle, just standing on that little dive platform above the big Army/"Boss-rush" arena. Tried fighting Ganondorf but I had 5 intact hearts after unga-bunga-ing the Army so I quit to play WoW. I think I need to upgrade the Depths armor or get some resistance stuff. I'm also considering getting all of the Shrines for that reward, because I kinda want to use it for Ganondorf just to see what it's like.

Also, first time I was diving down to the Army arena; I was so awestruck by looking at the arena and trying to figure out if the arena and the "door" were some weird tree statue of Ganondorf, I complete forgot to pull out the glider and Link splat'd. Had a good chuckle from that. And that was only half an hour after I had full-on head dived into a rocky outcrop in the Hyrule Castle chasm because the rock wall isn't completely verticle - it's kinda diagonal, and I wasn't close enough to the column in the middle.
    If you have a Travel Medallion, you can place it either in the mural room from the opening or at the dive point. Even with the gloom armor, you get 5 hearts of protection only, while it will reset after fights, you need to make food that cures unbreaks hearts. I had only 5 hearts and managed to Ganondorf to the second phase, got him to half health and loss. So, I reloaded a save before the dive, dropped a medallion, made food to restore hearts taken because of gloom and was able to beat him.

Food that restores gloom hearts imo is better than the depths set for the fight.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a Travel Medallion, you can place it either in the mural room from the opening or at the dive point. Even with the gloom armor, you get 5 hearts of protection only, while it will reset after fights, you need to make food that cures unbreaks hearts. I had only 5 hearts and managed to Ganondorf to the second phase, got him to half health and loss. So, I reloaded a save before the dive, dropped a medallion, made food to restore hearts taken because of gloom and was able to beat him.

Food that restores gloom hearts imo is better than the depths set for the fight.
    I just handed in the Medallion I found at the north-east Yiga Hideout. For some reason I thought I had an actual quest to do in order to get it to work (kinda zoned out when talking to Robbie, I guess what he was saying was if I wanted it upgraded I need to get x amount of towers online). So I just plopped down the medallion and have gone about in the depths again. Gotten used to navigating now that I understand the mirroring between the Surface and the Depths, although there is some sneaky shit that confused me.

I went into that chasm in Lake Hylia next to the Gleeok bridge. Went down, and as it was an island where the water would translate into impassable mountains I thought it was gonna just be a weird pointless cave. Then I found a tunnel which led to a lightroot.... and that was it. Unless I'm missing something its just 2 random caves with nothing but a Lightroot to warrant visiting. I also launched some glowflower things around in the first room, then when I came back they were all gone. I thought it was some weird boss or something that I was about to fight, or the game was messing with me. At that moment I learnt the baby froxes eat the flowers.
    Planning to fight some lynels for weapon fusing materials, make some Gloom curing stuff like you mentioned. Still considering if I want to go ahead and get all of the Shrines. Currently at, like, 60. There's 140 or so I think so thats weighing on my mind.

Also noticed that the bottom roots of the Lightroots look like the stone snake "bands" that wrap around the main Shrine rocks. Still makes me wonder what function the Depths has in the lore:
    - The Dark Skeletons (the enormous ones where you get the Wild armor pieces) are directly below the Leviathan skeletons on the Surface, and make the Leviathans look like insects - although there is a distinct difference in species; the Leviathans look whale-like, while the Dark Skeletons look like reptiles/dragons. Maybe dragons that predated Naydra, Dinraal, and Farosh. And the story also raises the question: Are Naydra, Dinraal, and Farosh Zonai that underwent draconification?
    - The Lightroots are directly below the Shrines and, as previously mentioned by people in this thread, mirror the shrines themselves (reversed names, the roots reflecting the shrine appearance).
    - The mines are directly below main settlements.
    - The geography being polar opposite of the Surface.
    - The Bargainer statues are directly below the main Goddess statues (example: below the Mother statue that is toppled over in that Forgotten Temple is a giant Bargainer standing atop a cliff), and the general purpose of the Bargainers (being soul shepherds) and why they are down there and why Poes linger in the Depths.
    - And, currently, lastly the purpose of the Zonai structure that Ganondorf is in. It seems to go far deeper than any of the Mines we found down there, and theres even a dive platform which leads into a significantly large cavern where Ganondorf has set up shop. So the Depths seem to be something tangible space, and not some nightmare-scape as the Zonai set up mines down there. It's certainly a place that provides more questions than answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally decided to stop doing everything but the main storyline and went to finish the game.

Demon King Ganon is probably the best fight they've put in. The "oh shit" moment of him doing a Flurry Rush, then realising he eats your hearts with no recovery, and then the fact he can effortlessly smash through even the Hylian shield made that a much more entertaining fight than anything else in the game, bravo.

The bonus level in the sky does Spine of Deathwing better than Spine of Deathwing, easy as hell but such an incredible moment.

Got the bonus ending, if you don't want to scroll through the credits, you can skip them and it'll go straight to it.

Honestly though, what a game, doing the big monster hunt now where you have to kill every boss in the game, and there's roughly 120 of them.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I know I’m late to the party but I’ve finally had the time to dive into TOTK and I’m having a blast. Going in 100% blind and just aimlessly wandering and powering myself up.

Basically accidentally fell into the depths via a well I though was just heavily contaminated. Holy shit what an unexpected and fun surprise. Have spent the last day jumping into holes and hunting roots.

Will be a slow burn on this game I think as whatever I’m supposed to be doing with finding Zelda has taken a huge backseat to exploration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wrapped up TotK. Didn't bother getting all of the shrines, just cooked up some +6 Gloom heart recovery foodz, kept my Fierce Deity armor as is (was going to get some Lynel Guts to upgrade but after killing 7 red manes and not seeing a single one drop I just said "fuckit" and TP'd to my Medallion above the Army fight) and went on in. Realized I could cheese Ganondorfs 3rd phase where he does the perfect-dodge thing by just eating his counter attack and going ham on him when he switches weapon. Didn't realize that the Master Sword must have infinite durability in this fight and how his attacks eat your shields like groceries so RIP Hylian Shield .

Last fight, holy shit that was cinematic af. Fell the Light Dragon caught me. 2nd time I fell and she flew past me and I was like "Zelda?.. ZELDA!?" but she came and got me on a 2nd pass <3
    Looked like Ganondorf nuked above either the Lost Woods or that nearby stable. I hope no one got fuckin destroyed by that, especially considering the smoke afterwards.

Also got the true ending. Nothing spectacular but a nice wrap up to the story.

TBH I just wanted to stop stalling on it and get it over and done with before FFXVI releases :P