10+ Year Old Account

questions about health

-what is the health over health (more red health globe). is it absorb effect? it cant be, since my main health goes down even when i have it

-what is the blue color over my health?

-what does the armor around my health globe mean?

-what does the glowing crack on my health globe mean?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/gui...ealth-globe-ui

- - - Updated - - -

1. Fortify (effective bonus health)

2. Barrier (effective bonus health)

3. Fortify when it's more than your max life

4. Vulnerable (you take increased dmg)

10+ Year Old Account
    reading that link i still dont understand the 'redder' health as in fortify and the iron ring. simply put, blue is just absorb that goes down before my health (like in WoW), but what is that redder thing???

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    reading that link i still dont understand the 'redder' health as in fortify and the iron ring. simply put, blue is just absorb that goes down before my health (like in WoW), but what is that redder thing???
    Red iron ring is an indicator that you're healthy. Does nothing by itself. Fortify reduces damage by 10%.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

-what is the health over health (more red health globe). is it absorb effect? it cant be, since my main health goes down even when i have it

-what is the blue color over my health?

-what does the armor around my health globe mean?

-what does the glowing crack on my health globe mean?
    Fortify isn't extra health, it's a resource that is displayed on the health gauge. When fortify is equal to or greater than your health it gives you a 10% damage reduction. It also interacts with overpower and gives you more damage (not more overpower chance, which honestly it should seeing how in general weak Druid is until you get a specific set of leggo effects.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Red iron ring is an indicator that you're healthy. Does nothing by itself. Fortify reduces damage by 10%.
    i meant the iron ring. the red ring means im exactly 100% hp?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Fortify isn't extra health, it's a resource that is displayed on the health gauge. When fortify is equal to or greater than your health it gives you a 10% damage reduction. It also interacts with overpower and gives you more damage (not more overpower chance, which honestly it should seeing how in general weak Druid is until you get a specific set of leggo effects.)
    thats what i play, werebear druid and so far im still leveling and around 30 lvl. can you explain me overpower and how it works exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

thats what i play, werebear druid and so far im still leveling and around 30 lvl. can you explain me overpower and how it works exactly?
    AFAIK "healthy" means >80% life and "injured" means <35%

From Maxroll
    On top of Critical Strikes, there's another mechanic that lets you randomly deal more damage. There are several key differences between Overpower and Critical Strike. First of all, Chance to Overpower is not a stat, it's just a fixed 3% chance with no way to increase it. Instead, some skills have guaranteed Overpower when conditions are met. Second, Overpower is not a multiplier. Overpower just adds some damage on top of your hit. This damage scales with the sum of your Life and Fortified Life, as well as your Overpower Damage stat. Normal Overpower hits are shown in teal, Critical Overpower hits are shown in orange.
    So if you have ways to guarantee overpowers frequently, you can turn defensive Fortify and +Life into damage.

- - - Updated - - -

The posted quote from maxroll is right. In layman's terms and how it will apply to you, there are a couple of talents/passives for the druid that guarantees overpowers. Pulverize has a talent that every 12 seconds you will overpower with pulv as long as you stay above 80% health. There is a passive that gives your next bear ability pulv every 30/25/20 sec while in bear form, and there is the snake passive that (nerfed) will overpower an earth ability every 20 kills.

How this affects you is... minimal and annoying. The pulv one is annoying because of the health requirement. The other 2 just happen. You can track them and try to line them up but it's annoying, especially on single target fights where you'll just be trying not to get hit to keep your life up. Your normal play is going to be running down and constantly using abilities just to Meek out a little damage. The timers for these abilities don't disappear, if you hit 12 or 20 or 20 for any of them and the pack is dead, you won't lose the overpower, it just sits there until you have something else.

Other than that, you have your base 3% chance to overpower.

10+ Year Old Account
    so again, what is fortify? the iron ring around health globe? that is 10% dmg reduction from spell and physical, is that right?

the redder health is fortify also, but in process? say, i have 1/3 of the redder health so it makes nothing until i get it full then the iron ring appears and i get 10% dmg reduction. do i get this right?

so again, what is fortify? the iron ring around health globe? that is 10% dmg reduction from spell and physical, is that right?

the redder health is fortify also, but in process? say, i have 1/3 of the redder health so it makes nothing until i get it full then the iron ring appears and i get 10% dmg reduction. do i get this right?
    https://gamerant.com/diablo-4-fortif...nic-explained/

Grey ring above the health orb, 10% flat damage reduction as long as you life is lower than your fortify value.