Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    A big part of an expansion to me is how well the Zones are done. Zones, their aesthetics, themes, quests, design; all of that matters to me very much when it comes to an expansion.

Now, am I the only one, or did all four leveling zones in Shadowlands feel very incomplete, devoid in some areas and just empty?
    SL zones had alright size, but they were split apart and had very few quests compared to Dragon Isles, Kul Tiras or Zandalar. And some parts were reserved for covenant campaigns. Together (without Maw) it would be about the size of Broken Isles. But without doubt SL had most varied zones in WoW history, even Zereth Mortis plain green/sand was something not present in 9.0 zones.

DF zones are far from empty, but they are wild territory, something that Draenor aspired to be. Imo next expansion should be more 'civilized' area with typical knights/castles/villages, so Kul Tiras but bigger. That's why EK revamp from scratch (or just southern EK) would be my dream.

(Of course I repeat that I don't want to delete old EK, just put them behind CoT portal. Or even better, bring 1.12 Kalimdor/EK as well with old quests.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you do realise azeroth is not real world?
    pandaria and brewmasters specialy have som focus on beer, which originates from mesopotamia, not china...
    and we know bananas are from telabim, not that they ORIGINATE there, so saying it should be arabic themed is absolutely massive leap
    There's also the little problem that bananas are from tropical southeast Asia, not from Arabia. Only the name might be, which is probably from Europeans only getting it second- or third-hand.

Besides, it's an island. They could go with Indonesia or Pacific islands or somesuch.

I suspect these two mounts are from the next expansion's culture, major or minor faction.

Which ever the continent or zones. Atleast one of these mounts are a hint to 11.0. I'm 95% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    I suspect these two mounts are from the next expansion's culture, major or minor faction.

Which ever the continent or zones. Atleast one of these mounts are a hint to 11.0. I'm 95% sure.
    I think the Sun Cat will be in the Dream, but the Warden cat is pretty clearly related to the Night Elf Wardens and not necessarily part of a new expansion.

The Moon/Sun theme of the Wardens may also be tied to the Dream, but that's an old aspect of Night Elf Culture. However the Sun/Solar part of Night Elves has not been a very notable part of their aesthetic until very recently, so it may be a sign that they are changing their culture a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    (Of course I repeat that I don't want to delete old EK, just put them behind CoT portal. Or even better, bring 1.12 Kalimdor/EK as well with old quests.)
    Blizz, give this man a job
    MMO Champs :

Would seem a bit odd to get something for the expansion after Dragonflight while we were in Shadowlands (the sun cat). I know they sometimes take mounts from the next expansion and reuse them as shop mounts, but I don't think they'd be working that extensively on models for post-DF while we weren't even at Zereth Mortis in SL (Sun Cat came during Korthia as I recall, didn't it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I hope the Dragonriding Cup doesn't get implemented before Blizzcon. That would keep my faith in a World Revamp lit until the last minute.
    If 10.2. is near release in November then Blizz has fucked up severely.

Kalimdor Cup will be implemented in next 1½ months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If 10.2. is near release in November then Blizz has fucked up severely.

Kalimdor Cup will be implemented in next 1½ months.
    The logic makes little sense anyway. The cup is clearly using the current world architecture. The later it releases, the less likely a revamp would be.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The logic makes little sense anyway. The cup is clearly using the current world architecture. The later it releases, the less likely a revamp would be.
    Implying it is either proof for or against a revamp anyways is kinda silly anyways, the speed at which they're making all these races is pretty damn fast, so any minor adjustments that might be needed due to a possible revamp affecting some terrain geometry should be done pretty quickly, if changes are needed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    which means island of Telabim on which banans are grown can be LITERALY anything...
    could be very well african, south/central american or whatever else devs will pick...
    Realistically, accounting for Tel'Abim being an island, I would figure that it has a tropical climate, as opposed to the kind of Class-B climate some appear to expect going off the suggestion for a culture analogous to Arabia in the area. Domesticated bananas originate from New Guinea, so I assume that Tel'Abim is tropical. If we are to assume the culture from the history of domesticated bananas and the likely climate of Tel'Abim, I imagine that the best cultural analogue for a civilization on Tel'Abim would be some kind of Pacific Island civilization, as the Zandalari are already a blend of African and Mesoamerican cultures.

As I stated earlier, we don't have any kind of eccentric dictatorships in WoW, so Goblin communists would be very amusing. The only issue is that Kotick may see himself in the dictator character or would force the writers to rewrite it so that they're all evil uni*n organizers.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-06-05 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Domesticated bananas originate from New Guinea, so I assume that Tel'Abim is tropical. If we are to assume the culture from the history of domesticated bananas and the likely climate of Tel'Abim, I imagine that the best cultural analogue for a civilization on Tel'Abim would be some kind of Pacific Island civilization, as the Zandalari are already a blend of African and Mesoamerican cultures.
    For what it's worth, having it be Azeroth's New Guinea equivalent would be perfectly appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not if an old world revamp includes populating the existing zones with new mobs & textures & leaving the topography the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Not if an old world revamp includes populating the existing zones with new mobs & textures & leaving the topography the same.
    But in that case it coming later just means nothing. It doesn't become more likely, regardless of how the revamp is done.

And replacing models for trees or placing new buildings would also affect the routes. The way they build terrain has significantly changed since Cataclysm, too.

im waiting for MoP TW raid because i want my ToT

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    im waiting for MoP TW raid because i want my ToT

I think MSV would be better "TW" raid because of how lore was interpreted there. And raid is shorter than TOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I think MSV would be better "TW" raid because of how lore was interpreted there. And raid is shorter than TOT.
    I'm just basing it off the past
    Each TW raid has been mid tier and a fan favorite
    ToT fits both and length can't be a restriction based again on the past

Would be interesting to do elegon again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Here's some ideas I could see for zones:

Durotar - No longer primarily a barren wasteland. Life has seeped into the zone from the North, with forests similar to Ashenvale permeating around Orgrimmar. The Botani, having taken over the Northern Barrens have invaded the zone from the east, bringing their own jungle styled ecosystem with them. Durotar is now a zone teeming with life, but from different eco based systems at war with each other, reflecting the savageness of Draenor. The zone will be a mix of Gorgrond, Tanaan Jungle and a small elven style forest in the North.

Northern Barrens - The Botani have completely taken over the Northern Barrens. It is now a lush jungle full of life, and savage terrain.

Southern Barrens - Alternatively, the Breakers have taken over the Southern Barrens, terraforming much of the zone into dangerous ravines, canyons and a rocky landscape. The border of Northern and Southern Barrens is home to a never ending war between the Botani and Breakers.

Stonetalon Mountains - The Night Elves have regrown the forest in the wake of the Venture Co's destruction. The zone range truly reflects a forested mountain range now. The Saberon that fled Draenor make their home here, as well as a group of Arakkoa.

Desolace - Life continues to flourish in the zone, thanks to the Cenarion Circle's efforts. The northern half the zone is completely teeming with life and jungles. In The Maruuk Centaur have made their way over from the Dragon Isles to establish relations with their long lost centaur relatives. Further south in the zone, corrupted Arakkoa make their home. The Naga have vanished from the coastline. Instead, Dread Admiral Nightsquall sends a contingent of his pirate fleet to scour the ruins for an unknown purpose.

Feralas - The Highborne have repopulated Dire Maul. The Woodpaw Gnolls have learned the magic of Decay from Decatriarch Wratheye, who intends to unite the Gnoll clans under her banner. The Gnoll's lead attacks on Dire Maul, with the southern half of the zone becoming a decayed, blighted forest.

Tanaris - Gadgetztan has expanded, taking up the majority of the zone, with the meat of the zone taking place within the corrupt city. Trade Princes, crime families, syndicate members etc can be found here. Dread Admiral Nightsquall's pirates have a huge presence in the city, and are docked in the harbour.

Winterspring - Mazthoril has been expanded into a major Blue Dragon settlement. Vyranoth having escaped the events of Dragonflight relatively unscathed has destroyed Everlook and creates an Ice Palace in its place. Here she leads the remnants of the Primalists.
    Cool ideas, but IMO, too much draenor seeping over

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No we didn't, the aesthetic of the Void in Aberrus is very much brand new.

The color scheme is very new as its predominantly toned cold blue with minimal purple accentuation, while the previous depictions of the void where entirely dark puple and black.
    It also has this almost liquid looking cracked glass thing going on, with a very obvious bright super nova/dying star/energy beam looking theme.
    It isn't. Devourers in SL used the same color scheme, especially noticable in their portals. Bright light blue center and getting dark blue/black on the edges. Devourers might be cosmic void creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The Moon/Sun theme of the Wardens may also be tied to the Dream, but that's an old aspect of Night Elf Culture. However the Sun/Solar part of Night Elves has not been a very notable part of their aesthetic until very recently, so it may be a sign that they are changing their culture a bit.
    There is no Sun/Solar lore with the Night Elfs, that's Tauren stuff and maybe a bit Blood Elf stuff as well.

They are called NIGHT Elf for a reason. In the past they were weaker during the night but idk if thats still canon (nobody seems to care).

Maybe it is a new addition for the future for them? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me to give them this sun aspect but writers at Blizz may think its cooooooooooool!
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2023-06-06 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    A revamp just sounds so disappointing. I hope they at least double the zone scale or something.
    Grab 2-3 zones, merge them into one. Modern zones tend to have multiple biomes anyway, older zones did not. Why do you need Dun Morogh, Loch Modan and Wetlands? Just have a Khaz Modan zone. What's the difference between Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes? Just join them as Blackrock Mountain (maybe throw Badlands in). There are many ways to reasonably combine multiple zones into larger zones that work with modern scale.

The Diablo 4 launch has taken away attention from WoW, which is understandable, but I hope to see something new in the PTR this week, especially about the dungeon.

It is my understanding that Iridikron is taking Galakrond's Decay essence, so I guess that he is after the Elemental's essences? He might go to the Elemental realms to get the Elemental Lords essences to power himself. Its just so weird that the Elemental Lords are not present in this expansion.

Fyrakk has already been powered up by Shadowflame, Iridikron too, it seems, so... what is going to empower Vyranoth? I cannot see anything in the Emerald Dream that would help her. A Life essence, maybe?
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.