15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Without combat effects the result is still the same. D2 has colour, D4 is grey and brown.
    Have you tried dying your armor? Or cleaning your glasses? The game has more than just grey and brown though it is muted a bit.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    because it happened to be the first one I grabbed.

Without combat effects the result is still the same. D2 has colour, D4 is grey and brown.
    Talk about cherry picking screenshots lol.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Talk about cherry picking screenshots lol.
    Feel free to counter with actual example of colour in the landscape of D4. I have yet to see it in the streams I have watched.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Diablo 2's colors came from spell effects and various status effects on you or mobs. A single color for those, same single color as a tint to show a mob being special in some way.
    Diablo 2 was designed to be incredibly dark and have barely any color, even the UI is void of it and the color you have is for gameplay readability.

For any place in D4 you can point to as it has no color you can show just a cave in d2 and show no color.

This idea of "Diablo 2 is colorful" is bizarre as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to counter with actual example of colour in the landscape of D4. I have yet to see it in the streams I have watched.
    The landscape in your d2 picture is grey and brown... just like you complaint about d4 is.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10 seconds of searching. Plenty of brighter greens and yellows in this shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

10 seconds of searching. Plenty of brighter greens and yellows in this shot.
    Thank you, glad to see its not all as bad as I've seen so far.

7+ Year Old Account

You literally showed a picture of diablo 2 where there is no colour other then grey and brown my guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You literally showed a picture of diablo 2 where there is no colour other then grey and brown my guy.
    correct, but its not a washed out blob like D4. If you don't see it that way, good for you. Your allowed to enjoy things that I don't.

Thank you, glad to see its not all as bad as I've seen so far.
    Hawezar and Scosglen are also marsh, jungle, and grasslands. These regions are later on in the game so players just starting might not see them yet on a stream. You start off in the winter/frozen areas (which are dense and huge) and this can take a long time to clear out. Especially if the streamer is taking their time or doing the story.

The desert areas have oases, lava areas, burning sands, ruins, etc. It's not dissimilar from D2 at all. Obviously, updated modern graphics notwithstanding.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2023-06-06 at 07:22 PM.

I had a fond memory of D2 and playing D4 made me realize it was all about the nostalgia...

I leveled up to 26 and gosh the gameplay is boring af. I m spamming 3 buttons to one shot waves after waves in long corridor. Sometimes there's a boss with 2 mechanics you can ignore.

I hope it gets better...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    I had a fond memory of D2 and playing D4 made me realize it was all about the nostalgia...

I leveled up to 26 and gosh the gameplay is boring af. I m spamming 3 buttons to one shot waves after waves in long corridor. Sometimes there's a boss with 2 mechanics you can ignore.

I hope it gets better...
    so just like d2 and d3? lol and every other ARPG ever made

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    so just like d2 and d3? lol and every other ARPG ever made
    Yes. I guess I'm not the audience for it'

its not what i was hoping for thats for sure,its got a lot of good points,graphics are proly the best of any arpg,gameplay is smooth

but it misses in a few areas, it feels rly dull how by level 3 you picked ur builder and spender,and thats it untill endgame,where you just add a defensive,passives and an ultimate cd.....wow

seems that no other arpg has been able to top grim dawn for me,i dont rly feel like writing an essay on this...i would be here all day

ill stick to it until i max out a character and proly come back for seasons if they have some cool twists like some of the d3 ones had

The gameplay drastically improves with legendaries, it just takes far too long to get to the point where you don't click your builder 3/4 of the time. Not sure why arpg developers think early game has to be shit so that late game can be good. This isn't just a D4 issue, D4 just feels particularly shit early on.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its not what i was hoping for thats for sure,its got a lot of good points,graphics are proly the best of any arpg,gameplay is smooth

but it misses in a few areas, it feels rly dull how by level 3 you picked ur builder and spender,and thats it untill endgame,where you just add a defensive,passives and an ultimate cd.....wow

seems that no other arpg has been able to top grim dawn for me,i dont rly feel like writing an essay on this...i would be here all day

ill stick to it until i max out a character and proly come back for seasons if they have some cool twists like some of the d3 ones had
    Builders and spenders are a big part of a build, yes, but the other skills and passives add a lot of depth and can actually change how you play and the feel of the class by a lot because of the synergies.

Not to mention that you're not locked to that specific level 3 build you chose either, the game makes it very easy to switch things up if you want, at least at the start.

Once you start getting legendaries and aspects and stuff that cater to a specific build, changing it up can take some effort from the gear perspective.

I really only have 2 complaints. I actually don't give a shit about all the little sidequests. I don't care about Joe Schmoe Farmer seeing ghosts or some wife and her husband running off. The other is the bullet sponge enemies and taking forever to kill shit. Like I get the game leveling up with you, but fucking wimpy SKELETONS should not be giving me a hard time anymore if I just killed The Butcher.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

I think the speed to kill shit is higly class dependant and then smart stat usage. Im 71 rogue and Im still one shoting any group of enemy I encounter beside bosses. Bosses take about 30 seconds. If you find your damage low, I recommend going big in Vulnerable damage, even as non rogues. Its multiplicative with everything, most class can keep it on Target and its easy to get it on your weapons and synergize with emerald

Do not get baited by dex, int, str. Wp. I was lvl 40 and found a crossbow with 72% vul due to double roll, im still using it at 71 2 socket and rerolled its one bad stat to 32% crit damage, go for this on your jewels as well. Its just the biggest source of damage increase, vul damage and crits. Youll get the main stats you need in the paragon board really. My dex at 380 is 38% more skill damage, meanwhile my vul damage is 150% all damage increase.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2023-06-07 at 04:35 PM.

So the game has some issues with shared progress in the main acts : /

Did a bunch of A1 quests with my brother last night, log in today and I'm back where I started. Not a major deal, just annoying : /

Edit: Definitely fucky shit with quest progress. The subsequent quest (A1 quest gives you two different quests at this point) also isn't completed and I super completed that one.

Still not the end of the world, maybe an hour or two of questing to redo it all and the XP/drops are still fine. It's way easier solo vs. doing it with my brother and carrying him on his barb. Apparently he completely missed that barbs are often fairly weak at low level and is just complaining that he doesn't have tools to solve every problem in his mid-20's rofl.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2023-06-07 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So the game has some issues with shared progress in the main acts : /

Did a bunch of A1 quests with my brother last night, log in today and I'm back where I started. Not a major deal, just annoying : /
    The game is set to the state of the party leader and only their world state matters. Were you the party leader?

I played in groups for 90% of my time on two characters. No issues with knowledge of the aforementioned caveat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The game is set to the state of the party leader and only their world state matters. Were you the party leader?

I played in groups for 90% of my time on two characters. No issues with knowledge of the aforementioned caveat.
    I was not the party leader. We were on the same point on the A1 quest when we grouped so I assumed that our progress would be shared on this, apparently not. Is there a way to actually sync up and share progress or something that I'm missing?