Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They are fundamentally two entirely different things so I'm not sure how to answer this question.

We're not talking about Draenor Shadowmoon Valley. Loch Modan with the dam repaired and better tree models is just Loch Modan. We're comparing Waking Shore to Arathi. How much time did you spend doing more than glancing at new Arathi? How much time have you spent looking around Waking Shores?

Let's not be disingenuous. It's not a matter of "being amazed at how new it is", it's a matter of freshness. I enjoy going around Thaldraszus because the time I've spent there is in the, at the highest, dozens of hours. I enjoy gathering in Waking Shore because while at this point I "know" the terrain, it's still relatively new, I'm not sick of seeing it.

I could tell you the exact placement of the stretches of fence around Goldshire's roads. I know about how far north from the fork in the road the first wolf+young wolf spawn wanders. Do you know what the most effective route to get your protodrake kills at the start of the Waking Shores quest line is? I have no idea. But I can tell you exactly what four individual boars you should kill at the start of Redridge's quest line to finish the Parker quest efficiently while you're doing the three gnoll plans because I have spent so much time leveling through that zone.

That is the marked difference. Even now, months later, Thaldraszus and Waking Shore are relatively new. No zone on the entirety of Kalimdor or EK is new, even now, potentially a year+ before a hypothetical 11.0, I already know those zones intricately. I know where every cave is, I know where every river goes to, where every town is located and what the structure of that town is and where the inn is. I spent, and I am not exaggerating, thousands of hours in Elwynn and Stormwind RPing in Vanilla and have leveled hundreds of characters through those zones in their vanilla, cata and classic iterations. So believe me when I tell you both that I like the old zones very much and that there is an extreme difference between a zone that has been in game for twenty years that has new textures and some rearranged towns, and one that is brand new.

We are talking about wholesale because that is the entire argument I was making: That a zone needs to either be nuked from orbit on the level of 1k needles or SMV or wildly changed in scale in order to be meaningfully different on the level of an actual new zone. Sticking a bunch of Howling Fjord inspired buildings and worgen into Silverpine didn't suddenly make it a new zone. Updating a zone with the updated textures and moving the questlines forward a step is interesting but it's also not the same thing as having a brand new area. EPL but it's healed now is not as interesting a zone, even for someone like me, who really likes EPL and Stratholme, as a hypothetical Azjol zone or Undermine, or some never seen before zone on the other side of the world.

I love Darkshore, it's one of my favorite zones. I hate Zuldazar and trolls. Zuldazar is still a more interesting new zone to run around in than if updated Darkshore had been an expansion zone. Because I have spent years in Darkshore and had never seen Zuldazar.
    I suppose i am the weird one here then. Because an HD update of old zones, and then filling them with a few updated areas and new questlines would absolutely make me excited to go to those zones.

And sure, i have gone around pretty much everywhere in the old zones, but I still don't think this makes it markedly different from zones that exist in whatever the current expansion is.
    Not to mention that unless you are the kind of player to constantly replay all the old quest zones it's quite unlikely that you have spent time in the zones to any great degree in years. And compared to spending time in a zone for actual quests, with limitations on movement and enemies that pose a baseline amount of challenge, is night and day to oneshotting boars in Elwynn.

If your argument is blatantly that a zone that has existed for four months is genuinely more exciting than an equivalent old zone, then I can't really argue against it. It's clearly a question of taste, and for my own taste I don't think there is much difference in an old down and a new one beyond the initial burst of excitement. Currently i only really enjoy the new zones more than the old ones because of Dragonriding, a difference that could be changed at any moment.
    For an even more blatant example. I enjoy flying around the Green Dragon area in Ohn'ahran plains far more than I do Zaralek Caverns. And that one has only existed for 7 weeks with the coming reset.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If your argument is blatantly that a zone that has existed for four months is genuinely more exciting than an equivalent old zone, then I can't really argue against it. It's clearly a question of taste, and for my own taste I don't think there is much difference in an old down and a new one beyond the initial burst of excitement. Currently i only really enjoy the new zones more than the old ones because of Dragonriding, a difference that could be changed at any moment.
    For an even more blatant example. I enjoy flying around the Green Dragon area in Ohn'ahran plains far more than I do Zaralek Caverns. And that one has only existed for 7 weeks with the coming reset.
    No, I feel like you keep doing this goal post shift.

My argument is that a brand new never seen before zone is more exciting than a spruced up two decades old zone with a similar amount of content. "But what about four months later?" is a secondary question--I'd still argue that a four month old new zone is probably more exciting than four months into playing in a
    spruced up old zone--but the debate at hand isn't "what is more exciting months into an expansion once people are used to new zones?", because my whole point is that from the start people are used to old zones. They fundamentally start behind. In order to be novel they have to be even more well designed than a typical new zone because they are working against people already having experienced them.

A very significant portion of the playerbase plays cyclically. They only sub for new stuff. Launching an expansion where the draw isn't someplace new to go explore, but a pretty version of a place you've already been is a harder sell. It's an even harder sell when you then have to convince those cyclical players to come back for patches that aren't adding new places to go explore, just more stuff to those zones they already knew beforehand and played through again at launch.

And sure, i have gone around pretty much everywhere in the old zones, but I still don't think this makes it markedly different from zones that exist in whatever the current expansion is.
    Not to mention that unless you are the kind of player to constantly replay all the old quest zones it's quite unlikely that you have spent time in the zones to any great degree in years. And compared to spending time in a zone for actual quests, with limitations on movement and enemies that pose a baseline amount of challenge, is night and day to oneshotting boars in Elwynn.
    Is it really night and day though? Just because Elwynn boars and murlocs take 5-10 seconds to kill instead of a GCD doesn't really make the zone more exciting. Taking off any heirlooms doesn't suddenly instill wonder in a really simple forest zone that's largely nostalgia bait. I agree, a lot of players probably haven't set foot in those zones in years, but they're still the same zones.

I haven't gone through STV, classic aside, in seven or eight years. I still know exactly what that zone is, and the exact layout of the terrain and Booty Bay having a seawall and ZG being repurposed into a friendly hub or taken over by Steamwheedle and turned into a goblin stronghold isn't going to make the zone itself more interesting than a hypothetical brand new Tel'abim jungle with goblin outposts or whatnot. Nor will such things give the zone the sort of verticality and dynamic terrain that more modern expansions possess and that makes Dragonriding so enjoyable.

Because while dragonriding in EK/Kalimdor is a neat gimmick, and is great for a few very specific places (the Hyjal region, Khaz Modan) most of those continents are relatively flat forest with short trees that really aren't built for Dragonriding the way the Isles are, unless the topography and verticality of zones is completely redone.

I often spend hours just flying around and looking at details from old zones so I am clearly not really someone you should consider a "target audience"

10+ Year Old Account

My argument is that a brand new never seen before zone is more exciting than a spruced up two decades old zone with a similar amount of content.
    Completely subjective. I prefer to revisit the known. There’s a reason that sequels and franchises do well.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My argument is that a brand new never seen before zone is more exciting than a spruced up two decades old zone with a similar amount of content.
    This is going to be subjective, using BFA as an example I was far more interested in the revamped Darkshore and Arathi with less content then any of the new zones baring Druskvar and they were miles ahead of any of the shadowlands zones.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

A very significant portion of the playerbase plays cyclically. They only sub for new stuff. Launching an expansion where the draw isn't someplace new to go explore, but a pretty version of a place you've already been is a harder sell. It's an even harder sell when you then have to convince those cyclical players to come back for patches that aren't adding new places to go explore, just more stuff to those zones they already knew beforehand and played through again at launch.
    The issue is that this is an appeal to immediate attraction for casual players, not the long-term sustainability of the game and franchise. Although perpetual growth may be appealing on the surface, it is ultimately dangerous to indulge in it at the expense of creating excess content bloat, a loss of investment in the story as it becomes even more of a Ship of Theseus than it already is, and a reduction of hype for oncoming expansions to spinning the wheel as to which will be chosen of a set of increasingly-contrived invisible continents or magical realms barely distinguishable from features in another IP. Although this certainly suggests that it is what Blizzard will do, as they typically prioritize preservation of short-term growth over long-term sustainability in general (see: how they handle reputation-damaging crises), it is certainly not what is healthiest for the game.

The fact is, what looks exciting on paper isn't always what is legitimately enjoyable. You're jumping from "casual" to "gerbil", assuming that intermittent gamers are entirely unable to enjoy something they are already familiar with to some extent or another.

Because while dragonriding in EK/Kalimdor is a neat gimmick, and is great for a few very specific places (the Hyjal region, Khaz Modan) most of those continents are relatively flat forest with short trees that really aren't built for Dragonriding the way the Isles are, unless the topography and verticality of zones is completely redone.
    What about Ohn'ahran Plains? You know, the wide-open space in the Dragon Isles?

I haven't gone through STV, classic aside, in seven or eight years. I still know exactly what that zone is, and the exact layout of the terrain and Booty Bay having a seawall and ZG being repurposed into a friendly hub or taken over by Steamwheedle and turned into a goblin stronghold isn't going to make the zone itself more interesting than a hypothetical brand new Tel'abim jungle with goblin outposts or whatnot. Nor will such things give the zone the sort of verticality and dynamic terrain that more modern expansions possess and that makes Dragonriding so enjoyable.
    But this is only your own testimony. How can you assume this is really the case for all players? Besides, if we've been reduced to scraping the barrel for zones like Tel'abim on account of the lack of potential new locations, this ought to indicate that we're running out of space for new additions. While Avaloren may have generated some hype for a new landmass, this is not a trend that I can see reliably continuing indefinitely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I agree.

I'd like to think the Incarnates are just intended to be simple villains but the small hints of the Black Empire not being 100% evil and Titans not 100% the good guys make me think they are going for some big reveal moment in story. The fact they are trying to be obscure about it makes think its being done for shock value and to be subversive. Which has literally never worked for them in the past. So I don't know why they would be treading down that road again. Especially after the how it ended in the past two expansions.
    Ironically, if the bit re: the Black Empire does come to be, it would strike me as significantly less nuanced than the conflict with the Primal Incarnates. However, I don't see the issue with the Watchers being Orwellian, utilitarian, and overbearing, given that's always been their M.O. since we found out that the Titans have a kill switch embedded in Azeroth and that they inexplicably designed the Dragon Aspects around a self-fulfilling prophecy to fulfill some inscrutable objective.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-06-06 at 07:08 PM.

Aww crud, infinite dragon skins are from the megadungeon after all. Had kinda hoped. Feh. Well, guess I'll hope for it when it becomes split in two heroics.

Anyway new event in the end of August and early September, "Secrets of Azeroth," Sounds neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Aww crud, infinite dragon skins are from the megadungeon after all. Had kinda hoped. Feh. Well, guess I'll hope for it when it becomes split in two heroics.

Anyway new event in the end of August and early September, "Secrets of Azeroth," Sounds neat.
    that makes me think revamp is coming but...its blizzard and that is a ton of work

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I agree.

I'd like to think the Incarnates are just intended to be simple villains but the small hints of the Black Empire not being 100% evil and Titans not 100% the good guys make me think they are going for some big reveal moment in story. The fact they are trying to be obscure about it makes think its being done for shock value and to be subversive. Which has literally never worked for them in the past. So I don't know why they would be treading down that road again. Especially after the how it ended in the past two expansions.
    I had a theory that the incarnates were what dragons were supposed to be.
    Draconic is an ancient language spoken by the oracle in zereth mortis, they represent a cosmic power but the aspects we know serve order and the titans, which speak titanic.

So the aspects have essentially been enslaved by an adversary.

Who draconic is supposed to serve though is another question, in that questline saezurak spoke in titanic, draconic, demonic and shath'yar. Dragons have zero connection to 'death', light is very unlikely, nature is a big maybe but i suspect that its the 7th power that the one broker guy theorized, and that power is the elements.

Dragons were meant to guard the elements and be elemental lords, the incarnates are what they are supposed to be, the titans took the young aspects and swayed them to their side.

I think that nozdormu will discover this and recognize what the true end time is and this will drive him to become murazond, titans ordered the timeways to suit them but the void lords try to open alternate lines that could suit them. Murazond will ally with the void to explore alternate endings to the one the titans have crafted. The titans will likely attempt to get azeroth at all costs, possibly wiping out all life and antagonistic influence in one go to claim azeroth for order (reorigination device in lore since wrath).
    Also i suspect the world souls arent nascent titans but open souls that any cosmic power can claim, its just that the titans have claimed a monopoly and refuse to consider that other powers deserve representation, and perhaps the fact that chaos has been denied a true world soul has driven them to become ravenous towards magic since they are desperate to get their own 'god' so to speak. Sargeras was a titan and ruled chaos using order, the burning legion was very ordered in many ways and was probably a very unnatural state of chaos, which in its more natural and better fed state may be a lot less malevolent.

Id be thrilled if the next expansion was something to do with the realm of order, the time ways etc. Bring in the light with their crusade against alternate timelines and orders shared goal and expand on that narrative. Make murazond the big boss of that one and make him the 'guldan' of this expansion. Make a torghast-esque system that goes through all timeways etc.

My theory might be way off though, there is evidence that suggests dragons are beings of 'life' which imo would be pretty lame. we will see, i liked the idea of the base terrestrial elements being represented as a cosmic force, which would bring more parity between these lofty celestial powers and more tangible powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    The elements are part of the 6 forces. The 7th is outside creation.
    The elements are seperate from the cosmic forces. They're an aspect of the material plane, not the cosmic ones.

I've spent the last couple of nights with this idea on the back burner in my brain about the possibility of an expansion where Murozond drops us back in time to the creation of the black empire, just for fun while I'm bored.

For whatever reasons we help either the elemental lords or the old gods on their side of their initial war. Then the expansion ends with us being shown the true actions of the Titans when they got involved that have been hinted are different from what they're telling us.

New time wimey quest line from the ptr I've seen has some quest text, joking about the possible expansion setting saying we'd help the titans battle the old gods in that time period, so I'm not really sure which way they're going with the whole titans lied to us thing.
    Last edited by Nibelheimy; 2023-06-07 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Completely subjective. I prefer to revisit the known. There’s a reason that sequels and franchises do well.
    Sequels and franchises have to explore new stuff, though. No one likes those sequels that just re-tell the story of the first movie all over again.

To put it in terms of another franchise I follow, Sonic, we're sick of Chemical Plant and Green Hill being trotted out every game with a new layout. It was neat in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Generations and Mania, but we sure didn't need Forces and Frontiers doing it again

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    This is going to be subjective, using BFA as an example I was far more interested in the revamped Darkshore and Arathi with less content then any of the new zones baring Druskvar and they were miles ahead of any of the shadowlands zones.
    And most of the time I spent in Arathi and Darkshore was re-using my decade of knowledge to get perfect rare hunting paths because I had no reason to explore. I already explored those back in Vanilla. I knew what was around and all that mattered was 'how do I get to rare drop the quickest'

Kul Tiras and Zandalar, however? Those I explored and looked around. Because that was new stuff to exploore, things I hadn't seen before, weird little nooks and crannies.

Back in Cata, I cared far more for Hyjal and Gilneas finally becoming accessible (without a very tricky set of jumps) than I did about the world revamp part of it. That's the simple truth of it, people want to experience something new with these expansions so you can't just sell it on a world revamp. Two of the biggest mysteries since WoW's launch becoming accessible was a massive selling point for Cata, a future world revamp would need something similar

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    And most of the time I spent in Arathi and Darkshore was re-using my decade of knowledge to get perfect rare hunting paths because I had no reason to explore. I already explored those back in Vanilla. I knew what was around and all that mattered was 'how do I get to rare drop the quickest'
    This is again gonna vary from person to person. I killed Mabye 8 rares through out all of BFA in the zones as I’m not a rare hunter and couldn’t care less what they drop. I spent my time exploring the zones looking at the new assets and mobs exploring around and loving it.

The only thing they needed were story lines and quest to put all those new assets to work beyond boring cosmetic and gear farming and then I’d have likely have spent more time in those zones then any of the BFA ones baring again drustvar.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    This is a silly argument. Sequels and franchises typically aren't the exact same thing spruced up.

If anything your argument here should be that remasters/remakes do well. But I would point out to you that remasters are typically designed to entice new people to play the old game not to get people who already owned and have played the game plenty of times to play it again but with nicer visuals; and the best remakes are the ones that are essentially a brand new game that follows the old one's progression rather than just a glorified remaster.

People often even get annoyed if a large portion of a game is pulled directly from an earlier iteration and reskinned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Honestly I feel like it extends beyond subjectivity. You are perhaps confusing likeability with excitement. I am not arguing that any given new zone is better than an older zone, as I said above, I do not like Zuldazar and I very much like Darkshore. But Zuldazar is a novel experience.

If you take a newborn baby, and show them flash cards with pictures on them, the newborn will focus significantly more on pictures they have not seen before than on pictures they have. It's very objectively hardwired into the human brain to pay attention to a new thing longer and more carefully than a familiar thing, because new things are potentially harmful or helpful and a familiar thing is a known.

You say that you were more interested in revamped Darkshore than most of the BfA zones, and obviously, I'm not you, so I have no idea, maybe that's the case. But my follow-up question, to actually gauge if that is truly the situation or if this is a case of you retroactively assuring yourself that one held your interest more than the other because you just like it more would be to ask you:

Do you remember without going back to check or looking at pictures, what revamped Lor'danel looks like? There's a few features in particular that really stand out, do you have an idea what they are? If you think on it, can you picture the revamped Lor'daenl in comparison to the Cata version? How well did it actually hold your interest? If I ask you to picture Brennadam, the big town in Stormsong Valley (are you an Alliance player?) can you picture that more clearly than you can picture BfA's version of Lor'danel?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The issue is that this is an appeal to immediate attraction for casual players, not the long-term sustainability of the game and franchise. Although perpetual growth may be appealing on the surface, it is ultimately dangerous to indulge in it at the expense of creating excess content bloat, a loss of investment in the story as it becomes even more of a Ship of Theseus than it already is, and a reduction of hype for oncoming expansions to spinning the wheel as to which will be chosen of a set of increasingly-contrived invisible continents or magical realms barely distinguishable from features in another IP. Although this certainly suggests that it is what Blizzard will do, as they typically prioritize preservation of short-term growth over long-term sustainability in general (see: how they handle reputation-damaging crises), it is certainly not what is healthiest for the game.
    I don't really agree, because the long-term sustainability of the game is dependent on both the consistently subbed player and the cyclical more casual one, but I don't really think that changes the issue at hand, because even completely ignoring the "casual player" you're isolating, a typical more committed long term player is still going to be significantly more fatigued by lack of new environments to explore and poke around in an expansion that lacks new places to go.

The fact is, what looks exciting on paper isn't always what is legitimately enjoyable. You're jumping from "casual" to "gerbil", assuming that intermittent gamers are entirely unable to enjoy something they are already familiar with to some extent or another.
    I'm not. I'm just saying that it's much harder to get something familiar to be interesting both initially and over a long period than it is to make a brand new thing interesting initially and over a long period. If you put DF-zone-esque content and environmental quality into the Barrens, or STV, or Loch Modan, it's not going to be the same level of engaging. There's a reason why new zone patches are the fondly remembered ones even when the inbetween patches sometimes add very significant features or systems.

What about Ohn'ahran Plains? You know, the wide-open space in the Dragon Isles?
    The issue isn't "wide-open space". The issue is that nearly every zone in the old continents is exceedingly flat and not designed with the flow of dragonriding in mind.

Oh'ahran Plains is not flat. It's not even close to it. It's rivers flow through all sorts of height changes, they curve downwards and drop down waterfalls. Its "open plains" are full of hills and mounds and little cliff hills so that you nearly always have a place to be moving downhill from, its quest hubs are often in raised areas and little plateaus. Every zone in the Isles, including Ohn'ahran, is designed from the ground up for dragonriding. They all flow, they're made up of nice curving lines that guide you down ravines and runs. You drop off a cliff or a hill, and there's a path that leads farther down, and farther down, and to a river that drops down, and out to a waterfall that drops down into sea level, but it's along a trench like the one between Thaldraszus and Waking Shore, so you have a whole long cervace to fly along.

The old zones are by and large extremely flat and statically built. You drop off a hill and you're just in a flat part of the zone with no place in particular to go. The river that runs along Westfall is one of the two longest rivers in EK. It starts in the hills of Stormwind, does two(?) waterfall drops in the first 15 seconds down into Elwynn, and then that river is flat the entire length of Elwynn, the entire length of Duskwood and the entire length of STV until it hits a small little drop out into the ocean south of Grom'gol. There is effectively no height or terrain change between Stormwind City and Booty Bay. The entire southern half of the continent is at basically one horizontal level with now downward flow.

So while it's fun to swoop around a place you haven't been able to swoop around, it's not the same quality of dragonriding experience. You have to actively seek out specific places that work well (like Hyjal) rather than in the Isles, where you can drop off almost any little cliff and spend a couple minutes coasting down a whole series of paths until you reach the ocean.

But this is only your own testimony. How can you assume this is really the case for all players? Besides, if we've been reduced to scraping the barrel for zones like Tel'abim on account of the lack of potential new locations, this ought to indicate that we're running out of space for new additions. While Avaloren may have generated some hype for a new landmass, this is not a trend that I can see reliably continuing indefinitely.
    Of course, I'm only one person. I'm just saying that unless a revamp is very drastic, I (myself) do not think it will work to sustain player interest the way a normal expansion does.

There are plenty of places for expansions. I merely brought up Tel'abim because it is a zone similar in nature to STV.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2023-06-07 at 05:23 AM.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-qua...-10-1-5-333381

I wonder what it will be, it made quite a buzz in wowhead comments. ^^

What exactly "from the past" will mean.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-qua...-10-1-5-333381

I wonder what it will be, it made quite a buzz in wowhead comments. ^^

What exactly "from the past" will mean.
    I'd guess it's just a random unknown appearance for that slot that you don't currently have.

I assume there will be exceptions, or if nothing else, heavy limitations on how many you can farm, since otherwise this would be the absolute best source of getting transmog forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Why do you think SL is kinda liked, despite its poor asf story? It's cause the setting was admittedly kinda nice.
    What is your sample for this opinion? I have not seen many people express any interest in its setting, and it frankly felt to me like the most alienating—as opposed to merely "alien", which I personally enjoy in fantasy—setting in the game. If we're really to make claims, I'd be more than happy to set up a poll on a Discord server somewhere and see what is preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    I think the Draconic stuff is it's own ordeal. I wouldn't say it's part of the 7th power however. Also, Danuser already explored the Elemental Ring. It's basically on the "lower" end of the Cosmology chart, a step below the higher powers of Light, Shadow, Order, Disorder, Life, and Death. So, overall there are 12 general powers, with 6 Primal Powers, and 6 Cosmic Powers. All forces represent and embody different things across the Cosmology of WoW.

As for the 7th power, that is unknown, and I don't think it has anything to do with the current powers we know of.
    I don't see the necessity for a 7th power outside of what I suggested, it's just not going to add to the game without taking from something.
    Dragons are already confirmed as an ancient cosmic force and they grew from elements, so it's not too farfetched to think that. If my speculation is wrong then dragons are 100% entities for the realm of life which is predictable with the emerald dream patch that has been datamined, but I think it's a poor fit.
    So it's either they are cosmic elemental beings or life beings, my preference is for elemental to raise elemental powers status and to kill off the concept of another 7th cosmic force. As life beings it's meh for me but acceptable.
    With my concept though the primalists have an understandable motive and get elevated as a credible threat that expands existing lore without replacing or undermining anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I don't see the necessity for a 7th power outside of what I suggested, it's just not going to add to the game without taking from something.
    Dragons are already confirmed as an ancient cosmic force and they grew from elements, so it's not too farfetched to think that. If my speculation is wrong then dragons are 100% entities for the realm of life which is predictable with the emerald dream patch that has been datamined, but I think it's a poor fit.
    So it's either they are cosmic elemental beings or life beings, my preference is for elemental to raise elemental powers status and to kill off the concept of another 7th cosmic force. As life beings it's meh for me but acceptable.
    With my concept though the primalists have an understandable motive and get elevated as a credible threat that expands existing lore without replacing or undermining anything.
    The 7th is implied to not be a normal part of the pattern. It's some secondary existence that threatens the Pattern, which the "song" is meant to oppose and ward against. Nature is just life manifest.

Given the wide spread presence and danger of the devourers (as well as the knowledge that the devourers were created by the First Ones but seemingly went awry and their capability to near effortlessly corrupt Automa, the 7th is probably something akin to oblivion, not the leeching of the void which is "consumption", but instead just total non existence. Un-reality where the other six together form reality.

I really doubt that it's going to be involved in anything soon, one way or the other. It's a force set up to be in opposition to the First Ones and their Pattern, it's something that we'll probably only get vague hints about, not something that's likely to be at the forefront and being used as a force by regular NPCs.

I don't think it's an either or situation, re: dragons. Given that elementals seem to largely exist as a form of primordial life present on all life-bearing worlds, the two might just be the same. That dragons are life-based creatures evolved from the life-based elementals and were corrupted by Order's influence via the Titans.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Omg elemental expansion that means playable Elemental race/class confirmed?? Surely based off the WC3 firelord. They’d have to have a visage form too because everyone wants to play a pretty elf.

/s
    Dont give them ideas.