Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t wanna celebrate every damn thing,
    Were you being forced to celebrate?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Don’t confuse my lack of support for "support months" as homophobia — it’s absolutely not. I’m equally against every support month, of any kind.
    I hope you understand that you posts and tone here just absolutely reek of privilege. The fact that you don't see the value in any sort of celebration of minority groups speaks volumes about you - and not in a good way.

- - - Updated - - -

When a business has to participate in a support month else they’ll be seen as being against that community
    Yeah that's not really a thing. People notice when companies celebrate pride (because they do so visibly). People really notice when they start celebrating pride but then stop because of backlash. People generally don't notice if a company stays quiet.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to drink a beer without political statements and social issues on the bottle. Plain and simple.
    Spoken with true privledge.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know who's also homophobic and transphobic?

Elon Musk.

Wow. Just look at that segue. We are back on track.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

So cucker apparently used his first twitter 'show' to defend putin, attack Zelensky and blame Ukraine for blowing up its own dam.

Question is, will Musk be willing to foot the $800 million defamation costs that will follow now that Fox no longer has to pay for Cucker's ravings?

I don't really see a head of state bringing a case against some talking shithead from another country, even if he had standing in the first place.

I didn't mean in this case - it is cucker though so he is liable to say something at some point and doesn't have Fix and their lawyers and money to protect him anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    So cucker apparently used his first twitter 'show' to defend putin, attack Zelensky and blame Ukraine for blowing up its own dam.

Question is, will Musk be willing to foot the $800 million defamation costs that will follow now that Fox no longer has to pay for Cucker's ravings?
    Musk isn't paying his own bills, he's certainly not paying Tucker's. He'll ignore fines (from the FCC, EU, whoever) until they shut him down, and then he'll scream that he was this close to turning Twitter around, so the Establishment shut him down.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait wait, I have the perfect political cartoon for this I just need to find it.
    Were you, perchance, looking for this?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/BjPgwnA.png
    The immediate response (of Dems) should be to then step back twice as far. Sadly that's not fucking happened, and it's incredibly frustrating.

Endus had it, but this is an equally good one!

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer this one, personally...
    Personally .... yea ok hon. You're like speed running Elon's whole right-wing heel turn in a matter of 2 days.

Hell of a meme to pick by design or accident.

incoming feign ignorance falalcy....
    Government Affiliated Snark

What topics do you feel this is reflective of, specifically? Because my view is that it's the mirror opposite of this, just with people finding out that they're far more conservative than they believed themselves to be.

Also yes, views and positions change over time and are not forever locked in stasis. Most people adjust their own personal views and beliefs along with the times as we do with every other aspect of our lives (advances in technology, changes in language etc.). Others just complain that "things aren't like they use do be" which is obviously always going to be true and also a completely pointless thing to say.

Doesn't help that social media sites like Twitter are increasingly actively promoting extremist right wing views that result in people gobbling up images like the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer this one
    The one in which the right side hasn't moved since 2008? So, you're saying that conservatives have always been filled with violent Nazi terrorism?

Quote Originally Posted by ShakesForPRide View Post
    Hell of a meme to pick by design or accident.

incoming feign ignorance falalcy....
    rofl, it's very big on the "enlightened centrism" scale.

Because you live in a fucking fantasy realm of your own imagination.

[QUOTE=Winter Blossom;54136120]I prefer this one, personally...

I mean, I have a hard time thinking that anyone who isn't a conservative doesn't believe the movement has changed between Obama being elected and now. They went from interventionist neoliberals to Tea Party to Trump to some of them being even more off the deep end like MGT even if they thankfully aren't very influential.

Meanwhile Democrats have... stayed the same, unless one really wants to count AOC and a few other young congresspeople of little note that aren't any more hardliners than Bernie Sanders.

Unless by "liberal" one exclusively means the always-online Twitter fanatics which nobody should listen to. On either side of the equation, now that Musk has been busy replacing them with right-leaning fanatics because they suck up to him.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Classic!

The Big One is the culture war bs and the right has pushed al the narratives. They are openly attacking the most marginalized people. The Dems at best fight back. Your and Elmo's interpretation of this would be and I know this is a forbidden topic on here; would be that Dems pushing to give the LGBTQ say free housing or $10k/month just cause of their status.

It always killed me that giving civil rights and rights of every US citizen is a left position.

As @Edge asked. Please drop a topic that Dems went far left.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

You one of those moms for liberty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I have a hard time thinking that anyone who isn't a conservative doesn't believe the movement has changed between Obama being elected and now.
    And even some conservatives have. They see the danger in Trump and his cult of violent terrorists.

But enough about random posters making it look like Democrats are the problem while intentionally coddling violent terrorists. Instead, let's talk about Elon Musk making it look like the Democrats are the problem while intentionally coddling violent terrorists.

Twitter’s own lawyers refute Elon Musk’s claim that the ‘Twitter Files’ exposed US government censorship

"Are you just dumping CNN points because they're toxic?"

No, I'm spending CNN points because they're desperate to dig themselves out of the six-foot-deep hole they put themselves in, and keep coming up with articles like this one to overcompensate.

For months, Twitter owner Elon Musk and his allies have amplified baseless claims that the US government illegally coerced Twitter into censoring a 2020 New York Post article about Hunter Biden. The foundation for those claims rests on the so-called “Twitter Files,” a series of reports by a set of handpicked journalists who, at Musk’s discretion, were given selective access to historical company archives.

Now, though, Twitter’s own lawyers are disputing those claims in a case involving Trump
    As in, violent terrorist cult leader Trump that Musk specifically and directly allowed back on Twitter.

forcefully rejecting any suggestion that the Twitter Files show what Musk and many Republicans assert they contain.

In a court filing last week, Twitter’s attorneys contested one of the most central allegations to emerge from the Twitter Files: that regular communications between the FBI and Twitter ahead of the 2020 election amounted to government coercion to censor content or, worse, that Twitter had become an actual arm of the US government.

The Twitter Files also show the Trump administration made its own requests for removal of Twitter content. And the payments to Twitter have also been identified as routine reimbursements for responding to subpoenas and investigations, not payments for content moderation decisions.

Nothing in the new materials shows any governmental actor compelling or even discussing any content-moderation action with respect to Trump” and others participating in the suit, Twitter argued.

The communications unearthed as part of the Twitter Files do not show coercion, Twitter’s lawyers wrote, “because they do not contain a specific government demand to remove content—let alone one backed by the threat of government sanction.”

“Instead,” the filing continued, the communications “show that the [FBI] issued general updates about their efforts to combat foreign interference in the 2020 election.”
    It's hardly news around here that some people, most notably Trump, say a lot of things in public but say something different on the stand. Well, welcome to the club, Twitter Files.

Elon Musk's own lawyers are saying, in court, under oath, that the Twitter Files show nothing unConstitutional happened. Or even anything all that unusua

Bear in mind, even Trump saw this coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakesForPRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I don't think anything has changed with what the Twitter Files "prove," or the general weakness of dismissing the useful conclusions from them as resulting from bias or cherry picking. See my previous posts on the matter.
    I am now asking you, tehdang, specifically and directly to comment. As quoted above, you have discussed the Twitter Files before, and at this point seem to be the only one defending them. And I am asking other people on these forums who have specifically and directly called you out for it, including but not limited to

@Cthulhu 2020
    @Endus
    @Edge-
    @postman1782
    and how about
    This is a fast-moving thread and you've repeatedly demonstrated you view the Twitter Files favorably, tehdang, so asking for your opinion on the matter is exactly what the "mention" ability is for.

You can either respond, or, you can prove your earlier posts were not genuine and only written to generate responses. Gosh, there should be a word for that. Can't think of what it is off the bottom of my bridge, though.

My opinion? The Twitter Files are now officially debunked, by Twitter itself, in court, under oath. It would take significant evidence -- yes, stronger than Twitter's own lawyers in court under oath -- to claim they ever had any merit at all.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to drink a beer without political statements and social issues on the bottle. Plain and simple.

I’m all for showing support but it can go too far.
    Something tells me you would be ok if that beer had a American flag on it.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.