Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Glad many people are enjoying diablo 4, I couldn't justify paying 70 usd for it. I will say it seems kina silly to call it the "fastest selling game" With every year more and more people are gaming the population keeps rising, feels like every new major title will be the "Highest ever" just because there are more people online and hype spreads like wildfire.
    There is also the move to buy digital vs physical copy after release . People converted from buying physical copies after release in stores to digital preorders and then they circlejerk over amazing preorder sales. Its simply marketing to induce more sales from people who didnt buy yet. "look we soo successful our game must be sooo good buy now"

I haven't played yet, but bought after reviews dropped for PS5. Hyped! Just gotta max season rank in destiny 2 and I'm swapping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Glad many people are enjoying diablo 4, I couldn't justify paying 70 usd for it. I will say it seems kina silly to call it the "fastest selling game" With every year more and more people are gaming the population keeps rising, feels like every new major title will be the "Highest ever" just because there are more people online and hype spreads like wildfire.
    By that logic, big movies/ games that aren't the best selling of all time must really suck, if sales scale 1:1 with population growth.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it's Diablo 4, it got a 87 meta and it is available day 1 on PS5, it was always going to sell well.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Also, it's Diablo 4, it got a 87 meta and it is available day 1 on PS5, it was always going to sell well.
    When it comes to Blizzard games, I would take the user scores with a grain of salt. There are a whole bunch of people who hate Blizzard's guts because they have been disappointed by WoW, Overwatch, or even stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the games, like pandering to China stuff, and who can't wait to review bomb it out of principle. That's how WoW is the most popular MMO on the market, but has a score of like 6/10 or some shit.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2023-06-07 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    King of what hill? My mistake in thinking Blizz would want a high bar to reach instead of the less than mediocre it typically achieves.
    Booty Grabbing and sexual harassment Hill

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Why is every Win Blizzard celebrates dissected and hyper-analyzed looking for any possible reason to crush it. Is this community so damn jaded they can literally not be happy about anything. I get it, Blizzard is super-hitler to some of you folks and deserves to face the firing squad, but the pettiness of some of this community is just silly.
    Why would I praise Blizzard's financial success though? They're not some small developer who needs the money to expand. Diablo IV isn't some indie game that's going to fly under the radar. Blizzard is more profitable than ever but their games are even questionable in quality lately.

I like DIV and happy its successful for the individual developers who put their time and effort into building the game. But Blizzard as a publisher? All they really did was release a game in the quality that's expected of them. It would be like praising a child for simply cleaning their room.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2023-06-07 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    Booty Grabbing and sexual harassment Hill
    Well...not the hill I would imagine Blizz wants to die on..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Why would I praise Blizzard's financial success though? They're not some small developer who needs the money to expand. Diablo IV isn't some indie game that's going to fly under the radar. Blizzard is more profitable than ever but their games are even questionable in quality lately.

I like DIV and happy its successful for the individual developers who put their time and effort into building the game. But Blizzard as a publisher? All they really did was release a game in the quality that's expected of them. It would be like praising a child for simply cleaning their room.
    No one is saying praise them for anything, i just don't get why people feel like they have to remove and destroy any possibility that Blizzard might of done something right or successful. These forums are full of so many people that obsess over seeing Blizzard fail or misstep its kinda pathetic.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

King of what hill? My mistake in thinking Blizz would want a high bar to reach instead of the less than mediocre it typically achieves.
    I mean, this isn't exactly complicated.

If Blizzard broke a record with Shadowlands sales for PC games, and Diablo 4 is now their best fastest selling game, then the sales are not "mediocre".

It's actually impressive in a way to see how far people go to hate on Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

Just because you don't need to praise it, doesn't mean you need to be concocting excuses why it doesn't matter, or how blizz is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    Hey, 1 less toxic person not playing the game?! I'll take it!
    If you don't like the game, you're toxic. Logic 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's actually impressive in a way to see how far people go to hate on Blizzard.
    It's about a sense of betrayal from longtime fans...former fans that knows Blizz has done better. But now Blizz can't or won't.

It's about a sense of betrayal from longtime fans...former fans that knows Blizz has done better. But now Blizz can't or won't.
    Yes, Alex. I'll take "Blatant No True Scotsman Fallacy" for $1,000 please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Holy shit, i had to google that particular fallacy but that literally fits the bill on a majority of posters on these forums.

"OG Blizzard fans know it would have been better"

"um ive been a fan since War2"

"Truely OG Blizzard fans know it would have been better, not these shills now"
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Actually, that's kinda funny, because the whole point of this news article is that they haven't ever done better than this.

More like “Fastest selling blizzard game that cause majority disappointments”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malrune View Post
    Asmongold said it was a lot.
    asmongold can’t even put out numbers for certain cuz asmongold has an invisible collar around his neck that were connected by an invisible leash that blizzard sometimes like to jank or pull quickly for fun of it. Asmongold knows it but money gonna talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Hmmm I think I missed that.

Well.. was to be expected.

Honestly, I got DF as gift. I'm not sure I'd buy it myself.

They need to get rid of woke-infestation asap. It's killing the game.
    Man, wait until people play D4

Keep hating haters. Game is great and the sales show it. lololololol!

Back to D4 I go....love my pulverize druid baby!

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    If you don't like the game, you're toxic. Logic 100.

This here. That is why you can't talk to most people on these forums. Most of the time when your opinion differs then theirs then YOU ARE THE ONE LISTED AS TOXIC AND NEGATIVE. Kind of hard to chat with people when they think like this.

You better like the game they like and you sure as hell better hate the one they hate as well. If not then watch bastards start popping off about you being toxic or negative.
    Last edited by Shinchi Migi; 2023-06-07 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Irrelevant. No one buys into a game on whatever you imagine.
    Sure, blizz made a claim on their own scale. But that matters very little.

I'm enjoying the game... just the game desperately needs a function to join someone's game, either an automated matchmaker like in D3, or Lobbied like in D2.