10+ Year Old Account

Cobalt Shalewing Mount Drop Rate Hotfixed

Cobalt Shalewing Mount Drop Rate Hotfixed
    The Cobalt Shalewing mount on the Karokta rare loot table has had its drop rate hotfixed by Blizzard.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Just wanted to let everyone know that the Cobalt Shalewing’s drop rate has been hotfixed and has been brought in line with other similar drops.

Thanks to everyone for pointing this out!

The discussion in that thread just goes to show those people aren't really playing the game if they think the faction rep is bad. I have like 4-6 characters maxed without breaking a sweat(used a slightly unintended method, but it's been a few weeks since and not a peep). If you have issues with rep like those community council guys claim and they say they have alts, they're doing it wrong.

Good thing I didn't farm it, meh, another thing ruined for people that enjoy organizing for rare drops. I know it's not for everyone, but they are growing fewer and fewer. 1-2 per Expansion surely isn't too much, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    The discussion in that thread just goes to show those people aren't really playing the game if they think the faction rep is bad. I have like 4-6 characters maxed without breaking a sweat(used a slightly unintended method, but it's been a few weeks since and not a peep). If you have issues with rep like those community council guys claim and they say they have alts, they're doing it wrong.
    In the same paragraph your claiming to have used unintended (ie wrong) methods for rep gain and then saying everyone who didn't do it this way... is wrong?

The fact you have maxed rep on 4+ chars 'without breaking a sweat', doesn't make the rep fast or good. It means you did it the sweaty way and are infact doing it 'wrong'

The intended way for this rep to be gained IS abysmal, slow and unfun. No matter what the hardcore sweaty players pretending to be casual say.

Your average plater would be at approx 10-15 renown at the moment. It's a boring grind with most activities that SHOULD give rep, not.

I have like 4-6 characters maxed without breaking a sweat(used a slightly unintended method, but it's been a few weeks since and not a peep).
    So you think the normal rate is perfectly fine, yet didn't actually do it that way, while also being confused as to why others don't enjoy the normal rate. Interesting take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    was it boosted or nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Good thing I didn't farm it, meh, another thing ruined for people that enjoy organizing for rare drops. I know it's not for everyone, but they are growing fewer and fewer. 1-2 per Expansion surely isn't too much, is it?
    Who actually enjoys farming a 0.01% chance drop?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Who actually enjoys farming a 0.01% chance drop?
    I do, a lot, I enjoy setting up a farm like that, set times, optimize it, it's one of the most enjoyable parts of wow to me. I'm very well aware that I'm not the norm, and I'm not asking for every farm to be like that, I just want the odd one or maybe 2 per expansion, there are so many easy ones for people to enjoy.

Early indications this morning looks like 1/100 drop after the hotfix here in Europe.

Seen 3 drops in 12 groups so far. Mostly 20-25 people in each raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Early indications this morning looks like 1/100 drop after the hotfix here in Europe.

Seen 3 drops in 12 groups so far. Mostly 20-25 people in each raid group.
    Part of me was kinda hoping they'd go the route they did in 8.3, where items from the rares that were only available ~4 days every 2 weeks had a 3-4% chance to offset the fact that you couldn't farm them every day, since we can only loot Karo once every 4 days.

In any case, 1% is still much better than the 0.06% it apparently was.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Part of me was kinda hoping they'd go the route they did in 8.3, where items from the rares that were only available ~4 days every 2 weeks had a 3-4% chance to offset the fact that you couldn't farm them every day, since we can only loot Karo once every 4 days.

In any case, 1% is still much better than the 0.06% it apparently was.
    still to low for a rare you cant farm every day imo

So you're a sweatbag and people not sweating it are doing it wrong? Nice

I do, a lot, I enjoy setting up a farm like that, set times, optimize it, it's one of the most enjoyable parts of wow to me. I'm very well aware that I'm not the norm, and I'm not asking for every farm to be like that, I just want the odd one or maybe 2 per expansion, there are so many easy ones for people to enjoy.
    You enjoy having to kill a rare 5000+ times? I would get checked

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    So you think the normal rate is perfectly fine, yet didn't actually do it that way, while also being confused as to why others don't enjoy the normal rate. Interesting take.
    Honestly I got my main to 20 without much effort and then I got several alts to 12 just by doing the week 1 part of the campaign since with triple rep you get +3 Renown levels per step (great for unlocking the mogs); at 12 they can now use bricks which is really all you need for your second or further alt.

You didn't farm it, you say, so you're not speaking for yourself. Can I get one of these people speak for himself here? Tell me they are disappointed about the change?

- - - Updated - - -

It IS fine, there isn't much power associated with the rep.
    So far, 3 ppl in my guild are at 20 this week. What I did was all quests in the area every week, including sniffings. There are actually not that many since they're not d dailies anymore. The truth is you get most rep out of other stuff than the WQs. Expedition 12/12 gives 1k rep. Sniffings can give up to 750 rep. We got quite a few tokens from the campaign.

Some people will always be unhappy, but the question is - where are you rushing? What do you need from 20 that has you upset? Just do the sniffings every week and you'll get there. Not sure who decides on what grounds "this is too slow, we should be done with the rep in 3 weeks". Most ppl dont do the WQs anyway.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2023-06-08 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    You didn't farm it, you say, so you're not speaking for yourself. Can I get one of these people speak for himself here? Tell me they are disappointed about the change?
    Then you are in luck, because I've farmed nearly all of the others with the same drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I mean, you also enjoy wasting your time on a game, we just enjoy different things. I'm not going to tell you to get "checked" because of that. But yes, to some organizing something and building a routine can be very enjoyable, I happen to be one of them. My "dream" mount would be one that required a rare drop, a lot of gold, several quest chains, weekly loot and a hard solo endboss mage tower style.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    In the same paragraph your claiming to have used unintended (ie wrong) methods for rep gain and then saying everyone who didn't do it this way... is wrong?

The fact you have maxed rep on 4+ chars 'without breaking a sweat', doesn't make the rep fast or good. It means you did it the sweaty way and are infact doing it 'wrong'

The intended way for this rep to be gained IS abysmal, slow and unfun. No matter what the hardcore sweaty players pretending to be casual say.

Your average plater would be at approx 10-15 renown at the moment. It's a boring grind with most activities that SHOULD give rep, not.
    It would have been hotfixed away as it was doable very early on. 2 characters, get 1 to 10 get 2nd to 9 without using rep tokens from campaign. Pop them all as close to 10 as possible and bam you should be around 17 as the boost doesn't go away immediately(and hasn't on all previous reps). You'd be 20 by last week which then lets the others get double which would last until max rep this time unlike the previous 4 reps. It's not sweaty in the least and was doable VERY early. These people posting CLEARLY had alts as they were also like "waaaah I've been camping rares on 7 alts" so if you're talking about sweaty it's a bit ironic people crying about camping on 7 alts who are also crying about the rep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I got my main to 20 without much effort and then I got several alts to 12 just by doing the week 1 part of the campaign since with triple rep you get +3 Renown levels per step (great for unlocking the mogs); at 12 they can now use bricks which is really all you need for your second or further alt.
    Once one character gets the boulders unlocked for resources(might be at cap iirc) all characters with them unlocked can buy them so the quests are virtually useless unless a character is starved for resources. I think the boulders need to be unlocked at 12, but as you said that's super easy. Idk why the rep boost next week doesn't apply to them if they really look at the numbers for who is maxed etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carizle View Post
    So you're a sweatbag and people not sweating it are doing it wrong? Nice
    Literally 0 sweat required and opens up MORE gameplay not less so not sure what you're on about.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    It’s the same thing with gamblers and gambling tbh. There’s always a chance for the next try is the one.

Not necessarily needs checking, but do kinda have to keep it… in check.

Right? lol

You can get there quicker with alts and doing the Sniffensneek to get the 250 rep tokens and send them over to your main lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    was it boosted or nerfed?
    Boosted

Got it first kill after the hotfix = )