Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Moonkins with Polearms!

So, Blizzard has made polearms trainable for Druids. I think we can all agree this is a good thing! However, there is a problem. That is of course, the complete lack of polearms in the game with caster stats! This grave injustice must be rectified.

Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

We all know this is aimed so the feral druids can use hunter polearms for dps.
    I don't see the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias
    so u must be blind

Stranger things have happened - there's a caster fist weapon in Naxx >.<

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias
    Where is your sense of originality?!?!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Cause staff's arnt enough right?

Glue a caster dagger to the end of a caster staff.

Problem solved!

Some of you guys are no fun! >

Think outside the box! No staves aren't good enough, I want a spear for my laser turkey!

Seeing a polearm on the back of a bear > Lazer turkeys PEWPEW Imo.

screw polearms, i want to duel wield staffs to strike fear into the heart of my enemies!
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Wonger13

Bliz is making everything the same so why would they make a spell polearm

A owl with a polearm... it's a sign of the end of the world.

You know, you better not joke about caster polearms...

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39763

Why would a boomkin need a polearm? Feral druids have 2H Maces, Staffs and now polearms as viable weapon options, boomkins have 1h maces, daggers and staffs. Until the next patch ferals still only have staffs as viable options and even after that most 2H maces do not provide any agility at all. This was a logical change that opened up the weapon choices for feral druids beyond 1 single option. Boomkins already have multiple options and do not need yet another especially since the only class that would use a caster polearm is a druid which is one of the very things Blizzard is trying to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto
    You know, you better not joke about caster polearms...

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39763
    This is scary!!

Adding caster polearms would be a bad move, as they would be for one spec of one class which is what these changes are trying to avoid.

That caster fist weapon... well, I'll just assume it's a abberation and was meant to be a dagger or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes
    Adding caster polearms would be a bad move, as they would be for one spec of one class which is what these changes are trying to avoid.

That caster fist weapon... well, I'll just assume it's a abberation and was meant to be a dagger or something.

caster fist is useable by shammys and druids

The obvious answer to the issue of "They won't make a polearm with spellpower because it would only be useful to Druids" is if the weapon was always intended to be Druid-only. I think I read that Blizzard wants WotLK to eventually include an epic quest for each class.

Owl polearms is rather unlikely yes. It's more so ferals can share with hunters.

Deleted

I havent played my druid for quite some time, but is it true that there are polearms that are competing stats-wise with those feral staves with 2k AP in cat/bear form? Somehow hard to believe... or are there high agility staves out there for pure dodge stacking?

Sorry to not looking it up myself on wowhead, gotta go to work just before I saw this thread.

And yes, I don't think the will implement spell caster polearms, Blizz is even more lazy than I am.