Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Ligerio

Next Hero Class "Brewmaster" and race "Pandaren" (First Post Updated)

"Any race can become a brewmaster though most known brewmasters are pandaren."

"Brewmasters practice a unique fighting style. They combine typical pandaren finesse and strength with the appearance of being drunk, stumbling apparently at random. When they sway to avoid a blow or swing a wild fist, their proficiency appears accidental."

Pandaren hail from the distant island nation of Pandaria, which non-pandarens have never seen or ever visited to this day. The Pandaren Empire was founded before the Great Sundering of the world, and is believed to be just as old as the kaldorei civilization. It shared and traded resources, goods, ideas and mystic knowledge with the haughty night elves of central Kalimdor in the years before the War of the Ancients. As the night elves' obsession with the forces of magic drove them to the brink of madness, the gentle pandaren severed ties, withdrew and closed their borders, and left the night elves behind forever. The pandaren clans, or shao'dins, traveled far across the seas and established crude but beautiful cities of stone and sturdy bambus reed on an island they named Pandaria. In time they built a new empire on the island.

This article or section contains lore taken from the Warcraft RPG books.
    Source, wowwiki.com

I would just think if The Maelstrom, The Great See would be next expansion.

They can't look away from the Pandaern?

Oh well it's just fund reading on wowwiki.com, find alot there. But for me, I would think this could become realistic that this could be in next expansion.

They could probably also make this hero class as "damage & healing in all 3 talent specs".

Their possible appearance in WoW has been hinted at multiple times by Blizzard. Katricia: "Maybe they will be found in the beta or retail version of the game and maybe they will be granted a special place in an expansion. Just imagine how exciting it will be to find one!" and "pandaren will not be a playable race ... at this time. Will they make cameo appearances in the game as NPCs? Some things are best left unanswered I think "

Source, http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren

Look also here http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...ndarenfire.JPG
    One of their abilities as a Brewmaster I would think, Breath of Fire, imagine that? Fire coming out of your mouth, very neat. ;p

As you look here:
    Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior uses plate. (3x Plate)
    Shaman, Hunter uses mail. (2x Mail)
    Rogue, Druid uses leather. (2x Leather)
    Priest, Mage, Warlock uses cloth. (3x Cloth)

I'm sure the next hero class will either use leather or mail. So Brewmaster I think is a good possibility.

Attention!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazdakka
    Death Knights didn't get released in China. They've had changes made to them, just like the Foresaken and Abominations.

They're Rune Knights now or some shizz.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Next Hero Class "Brewmaster" and race "Pandaern"

Do you rly know what is story behind pandaren?
    They were a joke which was given to W3 from crying of fan base

i answer whit cold simplicity

NEVER!
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

It's offensive to the chinese or something, and blizzard has said, many times, that this will NEVER happen.

ps.It would be cool though :P

15+ Year Old Account

Its a possibility - but most things point towards no.

One thing people should learn is never assume things couldn´t happen, since its just a matter of chaning the game.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

I'm pretty sure they have said no on several occasions. One being that it was in as a joke, and two being that it is offensive to have a Panda (Chinese) wearing Japanese gear or something of the like. As neat as it would be to play one, i don't believe it will ever happen.
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    One thing people should learn is never assume things couldn´t happen, since its just a matter of chaning the game.
    I'd agree whit that but...
    Sadly this good comment comes from 99 threads of why we cant have pandaren discussion
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by miekkagoon
    Do you rly know what is story behind pandaren?
    They were a joke which was given to W3 from crying of fan base
    This.
    And come on, you expect path of drunkard skills? Breath on enemies to confuse them with smell of alcohol? Drink 5 beers before combat to gain more dodge? It isn't going well with all other classes serious and normal skills.

Quote Originally Posted by morechezzez
    It's offensive to the chinese or something, and blizzard has said, many times, that this will NEVER happen.
    How come Taurens are not offence to India and whole "Holy cow" thing...

Too bad Blizz feels the need to bow down to the chinese. It's just a freakin' cartoon character at the end of the day... it's not like they're beating live Pandas or something.

For some reason they're ok with using Jamaican accents for the Trolls, Russian for Draenei.
    It's probably the equivalent of insulting the Hindu religion by having a race of cows, but that's ok, huh?!
    What about all of the short people of the world being insulted by being depicted as the race of irritating little Gnomes and drunken Dwarves???
    And, omg! let's not even get into the slander they're doing by disrespecting the dead by bringing them back to life as evil, plague designers. It makes me upset for dead people everywhere.
    What a shame they decided to draw the line where they did... and only pay respect to China (maybe they don't want to lose their cut of the gold selling market? Hmmm...)

In conclusion...

...before the fanboys begin typing frantically... this post was done as a goof... but at the end of the day I don't think we'll ever see a race of Pandarens in this game simply because of the insult to China. The fact that they already had to alter the undead for use in China (can't show exposed bones after all can we?!) would enforce that theory.

15+ Year Old Account

Great Sea expansion -> lots of Goblins -> Tinker -> Hero Class for Goblins & Gnomes.

Wazdakka

You can't play Panderan because they're giant pandas. They have no sex drive, so they won't let any of their children out into Azeroth to get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by chotnik
    Don't the Chinese and Japanese have a historical mutual disinclination towards each other? If so, I assume their holy animal being dressed in Japanese attire would be offensive. Though, the styles could be changed from WC3 to make it more suitable. (Forgive me if I'm wrong about their attitudes; I know very little of the subject)

It could also be a matter of how offensive something is, and the "attitude" of the religion. I've never seen a Buddhist hit someone after they've been insulted, for example. I don't know the specifics of either religion, but it's possible that mockery of a Panda would be an extreme offense in Chinese religion, while mockery of a Cow isn't might not be as extreme of an offense in Indian religion.

Once again, I'm not really sure of the specifics of these things and could be horribly wrong on both accounts. Actually, I'm tempted to head off to Wikipedia to find out the specifics right now.

i'd love to play pandaren but like many have said it will probably will never happen, blizzard cant be arse'd to deal with the legal crap

pandaren already technically exist in wow, seriously.

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=3513 tells her children that pandaren are real, last time i saw her say it she was passing in front of sw keep. forgot to take a sc at the time :S it was a while ago.

pandaren already technically exist in wow, seriously.
    The complications only arise when they're in the spotlight, though.

WoW may well not be able to put in a class dedicated to being drunk and keep its ESRB rating.

Deleted

This post is new and interesting.

inb4: This 4Chan meme is new and interesting.

15+ Year Old Account

I think we could see pandaren as a new race, why not have some asian influence in the game?

And the crap about blizzard wont implement pandaren because if china is just bs, they can just cut it short in the chinese version just like they've changed things for them since the beginning of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    Great Sea expansion -> lots of Goblins -> Tinker -> Hero Class for Goblins & Gnomes.
    Since day 1, I've been begging and bitching for this.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Naliiz
    I think we could see pandaren as a new race, why not have some asian influence in the game?

And the crap about blizzard wont implement pandaren because if china is just bs, they can just cut it short in the chinese version just like they've changed things for them since the beginning of wow.
    It's not just the China problem. Do you really foresee Blizzard letting people run around as giant pandas, kegs slung around their back spewing alcohol on everyone? Seriously, you really see that happening in Warcraft?
    I'm still waiting for someone to say "Lolz nice UI scrub" or "Nice gear scrub".

Someone care to do my the favour?
    No, but you spelled ordered wrong.

Scrub. (Am I doing this right?)

15+ Year Old Account

With all the different kind of stuff to make you drunk I´d say yes.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chotnik
    This.
    And come on, you expect path of drunkard skills? Breath on enemies to confuse them with smell of alcohol? Drink 5 beers before combat to gain more dodge? It isn't going well with all other classes serious and normal skills.

I'd love a class like that.