Poll: World PvP ----- Is Red Dead These Days???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Red is Dead

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Red is Dead

Back in the good ole days of WoW "Red = Dead". These days people are getting soft imo. Where do you guys stand?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Re: Red is Dead

im sorry, what? elaborate, i seem to be missing something here lol.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

really depends on the situation.. im not going to run after a guy for 5 min because his name is in red if he hasnt been ganking my alt or something like that, but if i run into someone while questing then sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithsonian View Post
    YOU ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE CUP?

Everyone knows you should never any liquids, especially around computers. I keep a wetvac and absorbent towels handy in case I ever any liquids. If I ever coffee though, God help me, call 911 because I have more than computer issues.

TL;DR- Always the whole thing in a safe, dry place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalanos
    im sorry, what? elaborate, i seem to be missing something here lol.
    If I have to explain it then please move on

ok ok i will tell you....world pvp..if you run into the other faction do you kill them?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account

For me, it's red = dead; blue = make it red & dead.

There's a whole bunch of mean and dirty ways to get one go red, and then proceed to kill them. Loving every moment of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    For me, it's red = dead; blue = make it red & dead.

There's a whole bunch of mean and dirty ways to get one go red, and then proceed to kill them. Loving every moment of it.
    I like this guy already!

I've played at least 80% of my playtime as horde, and 20% as alliance. Both factions generally have some good players who are willing to faction change for one reason or another, so faction isn't really an issue for me. If I see horde outside stormwind (where I usually sit around out of habit of sitting around in durotar), I won't bother killing them unless they attack me first. Half the time, they're bored and just looking for a duel. I'm not a big fan of RPing and 10v1+spam-emoting, so I don't really care if they're near me or not.

Sometimes I visit Orgrimmar out of boredom, and end up with 10-20 people sitting outside RFC trying to kill me.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

If I'm bored enough, and seeing as the game is losing it's world feel as you rarely run into other players, it's very unlikely that I would run into an enemy player in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya
    If I have to explain it then please move on

ok ok i will tell you....world pvp..if you run into the other faction do you kill them?
    no i dont, i dont feel like destroying his gaming experience
    ....................................................................................

Just go to Xroads in Barrens you'll find reds there if your either side.
    Chased a guy all the way down th 1k Needles.
    Stupid frost mage.

Just nod and say yes.

15+ Year Old Account

No I don't. I have seen far two many guildies that go around starting shit like that, only to be outclassed or have a main come out and work them over. Which in turn leads to the guildy getting on their main and getting worked again, which leads to nerdrage over that this class is OP and this spell is bs...So no, I will not attack people if not provoked. Hell if you gank my lowbie as a level 80 I'll even let it slide once. You do it again and it's becoming a habit that I will quickly relieve you of.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ejzo
    But this is part of the game, therefore by not killing him your depriving him of a full experience of the game.

Red = Dead

10+ Year Old Account

So, you basically choose to not participate in the only thing that separates a PvE server from PvP server. Okay, then. Well, then why roll PvP if you're not interested. btw, when the guy you just left alone comes back later and ganks you, do you feel it ruined your experience? If a 90 seconds corpse run ruins your experience, then you have my sympathies.
    Look! Words!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Getting ganked doesn't ruin your gaming experience, it enhances by adding a lot of excitement and danger into it. Sure nobody likes getting ganked but we all like the excitement that comes from it even if we don't realize this at the time.
    Beware, Overwatch consumes you!

I've been playing since the "ole days" of WoW, and even back then I didn't go directly for red is dead. I'd wait till I completed my grind or my quest, then I'd fuck the person up and leave the spot. Same I do today.

It is just that you see so very few people nowadays, they always hang around in the main cities.

15+ Year Old Account

Why? Because it's red!

If I'm farming some particular mobs for a quest/drop/whatever or farming ore or anything like that, then red = dead regardless of level. Otherwise, I usually leave lowbies alone unless they're retarded and just stand there in front of me. If you're anywhere near my level, then you're getting attacked before you can jump me.

Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1
    If you're anywhere near my level, then you're getting attacked before you can jump me.
    I often just continue my grind or questing close by any red if I wish to engage in a fight with him. I feel it is a lot more fun when they open than if I do. Beating them then is kinda like "god you suck, and god I'm goood". :P

well yes red is dead... though red grey is not "im going to spend the next 30min making a picknip ontop of your corpse kind of dead"

thought it's tons more fun being engaged.. (especially warrs) then just smack em around for a bit... kite em back n forth in world pvp

Undead rogue on a pvp server.
    What the hell do you expect?
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!