Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling Path of the Titans will be reworked into something better down the line, maybe not in Cataclysm but it showed too much promise to completely scrap it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    I have a feeling Path of the Titans will be reworked into something better down the line, maybe not in Cataclysm but it showed too much promise to completely scrap it.
    They could revamp the glyph system with some ideas of it.

Honestly, the game didn't need ANOTHER system when there is still many to do with the older ones.

I don't care about epic Deadmines/SFK, but I am a little disappointed at the loss of guild talents and path of the Titans.

It is clear to me that Activision has set a hard release date for this expansion, and Blizzard is going to meet it even if it requires gutting everything interesting.

No more Path of the Titans? Good. Shit was getting too complicated.

Wish people would stop saying "3,000+" quests, because Blizzard includes the 1-60 quests having to be redone due to Azeroth being redone. They just said that to bloat their numbers and make it seem impressive. Smoke, mirrors, and nothing to look forward to for Cata.

Unhappy

Guess Blizzard's "It's done when it's done" no longer works ... I'm afraid we can blame Activision and their lust for money for that...

I'm very disappointed because the loss of customization and personalization. Guild Talents are no logner there and the bonuses which guild will get won't change that. If every guild has all and same improvements it's like without them at all. Same goes for Path of Titans and its change to Inscription. It will be bloated and in the end... everyone can get everything. No specialization, no variability ... nothing at all.

And I can tell for sure... small communities, guilds, roleplayers and semi-casual players are probably the most disappointed people... because after all, they play this game because of social aspect and fun. Not some brainless (and pointless in the end) rush & grind for gear and to be first.

Less complicated/complex =/= More fun ... in most times.

Path of the Titans look silly to me, just a combo of talent trees and glyphs. Just another layer of "if you don't use this setup your a noob".

I had the same concerns for guild talents that blizzard had and I like the new system idea better.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know i could forgive the guild leveling but i was excited about path of the times sigh this expansion is still pretty cool but damit i lost respect for blizzard there.

Lookin Good.

So they scrapped half of the new stuff that was going to make Cataclysm very different. Blizzard fails to deliver yet again.

The one thing that really annoyed me was the announcement of the delay of the SFK/VC heroic instances. It's a little thing, but honestly I cannot for the life of me think of what could be a major obstacle preventing those places to be tuned for level 85 players. I can't imagine that they're needing to rebuild the entire instance from scratch; hell, as-is the instances are already half done for them!

I don't know what to make about the elimination of Path of the Titans, I never got to see much in terms of 'leaks' to make up my mind about how that was supposed to work... but I can't help but feel that introducing another teir of glyphs instead just feels like a bandaid on the problem.

I'm okay with the lessening of Archaeology's importance down from "this will be mandatory for raiding/pvp" to a possible "this will help you prepare for raids but everyone else in your guild will have everything farmed up and stored in the guildbank." It will put a lot less pressure on people to get that leveled up ASAP. But I'm somewhat weary of the usefulness of what items can be had. Some examples/samples of the profession in action and some of its rewards would be nice to see.

I am liking the guild reputation and banners on mounts. Guild currency sounded stupid anyways, and a simple unlocking of additional guild features instead getting an exact 'talent build' for a guild is preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Yup.. seems this expansion is nothing more than a "content patch". I wonder if it will even justify the price tag.
    Of course not. People kept hyping this expansion to be more than it really is. The old world revamp is nothing more than changes to the game world that have been needed and they've simply been putting off until they could make some money with it. Now you're not even getting *MAJOR* key features that were promised on the expansion launch, nor are you getting anywhere near as many new areas to travel in compared to WotLK or even Outlands.

Fail expansion is shaping up to be pretty fail right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been 7 or so months since the brief preview of the Cata stuff, they may have scrapped the idea months ago because it would be too complicated to implicate or difficult to balance. I have faith that Blizzard have removed it for a good reason.

Dunno why people are so set in stone about Path of the Titans considering we never got to try it out, I wasn't too excited about it in the first place

First the terrible talent previews. Now, Blizz is scrapping path of the titans and guild talents?

They really don't need to milk WoW for whats left, it could be the top MMO for another 10 years if they don't go down this path of releasing expansions with no substance.

Man.. I was really looking forward to the guild talents and archeology. Something new to bide my time after raiding was done for the day/week. /sigh

Damn! I was looking forward to PotT and Guild Talents! Oh well, I hope they know what they're doing!

Still excited!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have that old WotLK feeling?

*cough* dances

To all QQers that keep complaining about each and every thing Blizzard is doing, either it be "AMG they are taking everything they promised and now it's just looking like a content patch" or just simply "AMG, no fun anymore, this is the reason why I'm canceling my subscription", I say to you:

Quit. I'm sure you will be happier somewhere else, QQing on some other forum about some other changes some other company is making on some other game. Quit.
    Last edited by Kworal; 2010-06-13 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    The one thing that really annoyed me was the announcement of the delay of the SFK/VC heroic instances. It's a little thing, but honestly I cannot for the life of me think of what could be a major obstacle preventing those places to be tuned for level 85 players. I can't imagine that they're needing to rebuild the entire instance from scratch; hell, as-is the instances are already half done for them!
    I agree. It's really disappointing and straight-up weird. This isn't like new dances that Blizzard has to remake from scratch; they already have 80% finished dungeons that they just need to rework for level 85 players, and maybe change some of the boss mechanics, and retune the loot. It's kind of shocking that they're going back on that now.

I know I'm going against the general attitude here, but after seeing the post and reading more information on WoWhead I'm pretty excited. More so then I've ever been about the upcoming expansion. I was never really a big fan of PotT to be honest, so perhaps that's why I'm unaffected by its removal, but everything else seems really great. I'm looking forward to it.