Thread: Don't Be Fooled

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, he didn't say exactly a dozen, he said around a dozen. Second, if they are 12 with the 3 raids, that means they'd have to do a 4 bosses raid and a 3 bosses raid. Does that make any sense? Nope. End-game content isn't only raiding either, I guess you should know that. And my last question, if it bothers you so much, why don't you demand them? No one will give a shit about you or your statements here, and that's reality.

PS: So, you have Cataclysm and know how things will turn out? Daaamn, I'd like to buy a copy too, good sir. Cause believing on GC's word only when the game's on Alpha would be pretty retarded, and I guess a smart person like you wouldn't do that. (In case you failed at sarcasm, just wait till Beta, and then QQ. Not like you'll convince anyone to quit)

Edit: Well, I see people support Cata for now Glad to see some optimism. Anyways, if you have trouble understanding my point, read what Shokat said. End game content isn't only raids you know.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-06-15 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Proving my point with another user's post .

In addition, its fair to assume most of you havn't seen the alpha. I havn't seen it (legally), but you should know that at least 5 out of 9 classes are changing far far less than you are all anticipating. The biggest changes with the exceptions of hunters you have already seen.

Serious question: If Blizz said tomorrow that instead of leveling 80-85, youll be leveling 80 - 83, and loosing a zone, would you guys be ok with it?

Kinda seems like you would.

10+ Year Old Account
    easily worth 40 bucks.

Point made here: Blizzard's "most end game content expansion to date", which has been marketed as such
    Got one of them there sauce things on this? I haven't gotten the impression from any of the content from Cataclysm I'm familiar with that this is supposed to be the "most end game content expansion to date".
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

Quote Originally Posted by lbc View Post
    In addition, its fair to assume most of you havn't seen the alpha. I havn't seen it (legally), but you should know that at least 5 out of 9 classes are changing far far less than you are all anticipating. The biggest changes with the exceptions of hunters you have already seen.

Serious question: If Blizz said tomorrow that instead of leveling 80-85, youll be leveling 80 - 83, and loosing a zone, would you guys be ok with it?

I have seen it, legally, and you're forgetting that it's in the alpha stages so it's nowhere near close to being finished. They're implementing changes slowly to test them out individually. You don't go about making changes by doing all the changes at once and then going from there, that makes way too much work for yourself.

Your analogy is not even close as well. They didn't remove archeology, they only removed how path of the titans worked with it and if you read anything about it you'd realize the reason why is it would practically be mandatory for everyone to put the time and effort into it in order to maximize their characters. This isn't how they wanted archeology to be, they want it to be fun and why they're making the changes.

You're simply looking at minute details that are hardly basis for argument when you consider all the things you're purposely overlooking.

Here's a few more comparisons:

Vanilla Launched with zero Battlegrounds
    BC launched with 1 new battleground
    WotLK launched with 1 Battleground
    Cataclysm will launch with 3 Battlegrounds

Oh and Cataclysm is going to launch with a massive 3000 new quests, while the previous record holder (WotLK) only launched with about 1000.

And while there are fewer new zones, you also have to consider the changes to existing zones. Cataclysm is changing every single zone on some level, some are basically getting reconstructed from the ground up.

My point is that if you only look at the negative, that's all you'll find. But if you look at the big picture with an open mind, you'll realize that things aren't half as bad as you think.

Deleted
    Blizzard trying to make up for the last years you guys got and you whine you bastards.

Quality over Quantiade. thanks
    English is my 3rd language. please do fogive any mistakes.
    Elemental Shaman Guild Master of Exile, Azralon - US

I'd rather have 10 interesting, challenging fights than 20 gimmick, rehashed fights.

agree with OP however ill still play it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It should be pointed out that the OP forgot one key factor.

BC - 0 heroic modes
    Wrath - 1 heroic mode
    Cataclysm - 12 heroic modes (and potentially extras that they're not speaking of, you should read the blue post about how they want to make more Algalon encounters).

So, essentially, there's at least 24 bosses coming out. And also which, who knows how tuned Cataclysm entry raiding will be. From previous things Blizzard has been saying, they want it harder than Naxx but maybe on par with early Ulduar and progressing upwards. If the heroic modes are on par at entry with Ulduar hard modes at 3.1, then I don't think anyone is going to get bored anytime soon.

Your comparisons are flawed and biased, your argument is invalidated by your own stupidity. Thanks for playing.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjarobot44 View Post
    Also, Wrath launched with 17 bosses to start, BC launched with 12. They also haven't completely finalized what we're getting with the Cataclysm launch. Please don't post information unless you know what you're talking about.
    TBC launched with full T4, T5 and Hyjal T6 content..

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Wow, it seems you are getting dumber with each post. It's a fucking alpha! And this comes from a retadins perspective, and believe me, I was pissed at the CS change (NDA crap) but it's ALPHAA!!!!!! god dammnit, can't you understand!? Just wait and see, instead of trolling MMOC/Fluxfla...
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It costs like $20 for a movie ticket now, $10 for food and drinks. Thats a good 2hrs at the movies, for $30. This game, is $40 and will keep you busy for 100's of hrs. I agree, Blizzard usually gives us more, but don't act like this isn't worth the money when you know you'll be glued to it for months.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    TBC launched with full T4, T5 and Hyjal T6 content..
    Oh, come on. Hyjal wasn't accesible and yo know that. That's like them saying "Derp we has T13 raid but you need to do T12 raids to see it, oh, but the last boss is bugged.

Edit: Screw it, I'm out. It's just not worth it arguing here. By the way, a smart person one said: "One bad person can screw up everything, but a good person can turn a bad situation into a good one". If you always look at the negative, why don't you shoot yourself and stop enjoying life? I can't understand how do you pay for games like these, if you hate em so much. (That was for the OP)

Oh, and to the gnome mage, if you hate Cata/Wrath, why don't you quit? And don't use the "Ohh cuz I has friends" bullshit excuse cause you can still see them. Is MSN/Skype hard for you? Or the truth is you are an addict? I'll let you guess.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-06-15 at 03:02 AM.
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

Guys, alpha's gonna be over in less than three weeks. This game is almost done, you don't realize that. Yes, theirs new bg's and pvp scenario's. Comparitively to what they said they'd deliver, and what we now know at the near begining of beta, does it matter how many bg's they add? How many new pvp titles? Read the most current information on archeology. In what way does it sound like it will directly benifit your characters gameplay in pve or pvp? It's another timesink, nobodies fond of it now, it's about as passive as fishing or cooking, doesn't even compare to jc or inscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im following his reasoning, and I believe the Activisionpart of Blizzard will start showing itself more in Cata then it did in Wrath.

I may do the content, maybe clear a couples of times, then quit the game, to come back in later patchs.

Sounds like the best idea, considering whats happening now with ICC25. Its remashed content that i don't enjoy, yet I play it for no reasons...

IMO:

Raiding isn't everything
    Some people like leveling and questing and PvP

70-80 = 9 zones, 10 levels
    80-85 = 7 (?) zones, 5 levels

Of course there will be more quests from 70-80 than 80-85. Duh
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

The point is Blizzard was disengenious and promised things they hadn't even tested nor researched yet or things they hadn't the time to complete by launch.
    It seems most of you enjoy being mislead, thats cool.
    Please provide the link stating they promised it.