Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Dwarf, they are badass. And theyr priests are allowed drinkin lorewise.

Quote Originally Posted by kaijyuu View Post
    gnome.
    this

I play horde, but I spend 99% of the day with deviate fish because the female human casting animation is absolute win.

If I were to reroll I'd pick human female without a doubt. Not only is the casting animation my favorite, but their racials are pretty awesome for pve and pvp. [Not just the 3% spirit actually, don't overlook the use of having a pvp trinket at your disposal at all times in pve.]

If Dwarves Can be the class, they Should be the class.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    humans get 5% more spirit this is the possible best choice.
    You are kidding right? 5% spirit for a disc priest, especially in pvp gear, is almost meaningless
    Last edited by BurningStick; 2010-06-17 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    You are kidding right? 5% spirit for a disc priest, especially in pvp gear, is almost meaningless
    Yes, because Disc is the only spec priests have! *rolleyes*
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaijyuu View Post
    Gnome.
    This

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking at pvp then humans have EMFH, so, yes, humans are the best, and he was only thinking of pve when he said the 5% spirit......prolly

Moot point. In high end gear the free trinket slot makes Human head and shoulders above Dwarf (literally too). The spirit comment was obviously for PVE and is totally correct. Even if you don't need regen as Disc it's still better for healers than anything you could get in exchange as Alliance. It's really too bad that Horde has the two best PVE races though.

I would say Human is not too great because even if Perception is useful to activate against Rogues, you don't really use Feedback.

Dwarf is generally the best decision - Fear Ward gives you a great way to stop those rampant Warlocks with their Skill Coils and Stoneform is great to remove Blind and get a nice window of immunity against Crippling Poison.

Of course, once Blizz announces what is going to be that mysterious new race in TBC, the outlook may change.

He did mention he was planning to mainly play Disc PvP and I was only pointing out that the spirit racial was a bad reason to choose human. But yes, EMFH is really good and a good reason for choosing a priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgetface View Post
    I would say Human is not too great because even if Perception is useful to activate against Rogues, you don't really use Feedback.

Dwarf is generally the best decision - Fear Ward gives you a great way to stop those rampant Warlocks with their Skill Coils and Stoneform is great to remove Blind and get a nice window of immunity against Crippling Poison.

Of course, once Blizz announces what is going to be that mysterious new race in TBC, the outlook may change.
    Wow, I'm guessing troll?

Pve: Healer - Human; DPS - Space goatsDraenei
    PvP: Human, no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    *cough*HEROIC PRESENCE*cough*

Shadowmeld? Arena? That's...dumb. They know you're not a rogue/druid, so if they see you stealth, they'll know it's shadowmeld and just walk up and hit you.
    It doesnt drop combat or anything allowing you to drink and reset enemy pets.
    Nope, its just so you avoid a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian View Post
    Wow, I'm guessing troll?
    You missed the joke. Read the last line, then look at the things mentioned for racials. Those are the Priest racial abilities and racial spells from vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    You missed the joke. Read the last line, then look at the things mentioned for racials. Those are the Priest racial abilities and racial spells from vanilla.
    More than joke, he's certainly pointing out how drastic the changes were from one expansion to the next. We lost priest racials when wotlk hit. That was also when perception became passive iirc. Shadowmeld went from useless to pretty cool. EMFH was added etc.

Shadowmeld was actually nerfed... guess a lot of people just see it as a nifty vanish and that's better without really looking at the main big change: You can no longer drink while in Shadowmeld.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    My priest was created just a few months before wrath, but I didn't start actually playing until a few months after wrath, which is probably why I did not get it.

Human, Why? bql second fear break go md, Festergut stops pucking, ldw if someone cc's you, pretty much it has its use's in icc.

10+ Year Old Account
    For straight PvP, I'd go with Human...

Once you find out what they are doing for Cata., you can always race change if need be...

-Libertor's Armory!- "AGGRO" ~ LOOSELY TRANSLATED, IT MEANS "THE PRIEST DIES."

Quote Originally Posted by fabian View Post
    My priest was created just a few months before wrath, but I didn't start actually playing until a few months after wrath, which is probably why I did not get it.

Hehe. Feedback was the Human racial spell. It was a buff on yourself that caused any spells cast on you to deal shadow damage back to the attacked and drain their mana. It was really, really situational, but if you timed it right it was strong. For instance Arcane Missiles would proc the drain/damage on every hit. So instead of 165 damage/mana burn it would be 825/825.

Fear Ward used to be the racial spell for Dwarf, which made Dwarf the default Priest race for Alliance, but Stoneform was also about 20x stronger. Partially because Rogues' Blind was considered a Poison at the time, so Stoneform functioned as a trinket against them.