Burning Blossoms reward

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it even possible to get enough blossoms for the Brazier of Dancing Flames or the Spirit of Summer pet the second year you do the Midsummer event? You can't do any of the bonfires again, so you're limited to the dailies for blossoms, and you can only get 20 blossoms per day. The pet/brazier is 350 blossoms, but you can only get 300 in the 2 weeks that Midsummer is going on. Is this correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do all of the bonfires again.

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 09:37 AM ----------

I don't remember what exactly did I do last year, but I had Flame Warden of Eastern Kingdoms, the Spirit and the midsummer Chest. This year I got everything else.

I've already tried to do the bonfires again, and there was no quest symbol or anything for them. I'm getting the feeling this is going to be the same situation as the Dalaran orphan dilemma, where you couldn't get both the Wolvar and Oracle orphans because it wasn't possible to do the Dalaran orphan quests again.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll fix it again then (sigh)

http://www.wowwiki.com/Midsummer#2009_issues

Deleted
    I managed to get both the brazier and the spirit of summer pet last year.
    I think there was some sort of trick to get more, but I can't remember what it was.

Don't you get a bunch of Blossoms when you do the fire thing in Azeroth / Outland / Northrend ?

I hope so... Cause i want my meta this year, and hopefully the pet too.

You do get a lot of blossoms from that. Roughly 600 or 700 I believe. But it's not letting me do them again a second time, I did them last year.

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 09:57 AM ----------

I just double checked at multiple bonfires to see if I could honor/desecrate them again, and I can't.

700 sounds good. This + Dailies should be enough for the Meta + pet. Next year, the vanity dancing fire thingy !

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    700 sounds good. This + Dailies should be enough for the Meta + pet. Next year, the vanity dancing fire thingy !
    the only problem is next year you won't be able to get enough burning blossoms for the brazier. You can only get 300 burning blossoms in the whole two weeks if you've already done all the bonfires the year before.

So far this year I have been able to do both the northrend and outland fires, plus a handful of kalimdor fires during some other travel.
    Though not honor the Alliance Capital fires, nor would I imagine, but have not tested the Horde city fires because upon apporaching the fire at stormwind, I was able to accept and immediately complete the Thief's Reward quest which otherwise would require me to desecrate the Horde Capital fires.
    Likely a side-effect of having completed the event last year, but this is by no means the first time events and quest resets have been screwed up and they still seem unable to get it right.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, with all the screwed up holiday quests lately.

The Burning Brazier is pretty lame. Shoot for the pet and pick up the Brazier if you get around to it.

Won't be able to get either the pet or the brazier. You can only get 300 blossoms during the whole festival if you already did all the bonfires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolutist View Post
    Won't be able to get either the pet or the brazier. You can only get 300 blossoms during the whole festival if you already did all the bonfires.
    already did entire meta for proto drake last year (meaning i did midsummer achieves) and i can still do bonfires this year, as well as city bonfires. How about actually taking the time to go up to a flame and clicking on it instead of whining in a forum post and just asking people if something can happen or not when it doesn't require much effort to find out yourself??

(cynical, but truthful :P)

Or how about not assuming that I haven't tried that already, and actually read all my posts? I already stated that I tried clicking on the bonfires.

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 09:25 PM ----------

Just triple checked, in case you wanted to know. Still can't honor/desecrate. Was hoping it was just a bug and that I was on too early the first two times and that's why it wouldn't let me, but I still can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    I managed to get both the brazier and the spirit of summer pet last year.
    I think there was some sort of trick to get more, but I can't remember what it was.
    For me, the trick last year was do as many braziers as I could before the fixed the problem... then do it again. :X
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.