Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd say that the epics have the epic feel left, if you've been raiding hardmodes and not casual normal. and if you infact are casual you shouldnt have any special epic epics either way

Uhh? He said that heroics will drop mainly blues and I'm guessing the end boss will have a chance at an epic.

Raids will drop epics.

I'm assuming you believe your alts will never raid?

gj it was about time for this!
    now disable any use of GS addons and we'll all have much happier life!

Signature made by a brilliant and hyper-talented artist Sokogeka

Well... Ancilorn says rubbish pretty often.
    I have seen so much shit from blizzard that I won't even let myself hope for this. After all we must admit that the vast majority of players which pay blizzard are bad players and bad players need to have epics to have a good feeling about themselves.
    I Don't think epics will ever be epic again. I would even be satisfied with "Last tier is really last tier again" But I don't think even that will happen.
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

Yo, Dawg!So i heard you like epics, so you ll feel epic wearing an epic...oh wait

That is nice)I properly started at the beginning of TBC and i heard a lot of stories of good ol' epics that felt so awesome and 1337.

15+ Year Old Account
    Epic! :P

Sounds like they going back to the good ol' burnind crusade days with raiding. Smaller, but equivalent Dungeons, one lockout per dungeon, slower progress, slower gearing up. Sounds nice to me, really looking forward. <3
    And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
    On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
    And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
    And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    Yeah, atleast some epic feeling again! Hopefully everyone who dings 85 wont end up in full epics in less than two weeks. Now, once you ding an alt to 80lvl, its like 2-3 days to get full epic.

But maybe not like in Vanilla that it took months, unless you raided daily and did everything you could to get gear.
    Well it can't be much worst than it is right now. If you ask me, Blizzard is actually learning from their mistakes.

I remember my friend in MC. Running around with blues hoping for a epic item. I think that it took him 3 months or so since his first run to get an epic.

people will still get their epics fast and it will most probably take up to 2 maybe 3 weeks to be full epic when your guild starts raiding(Depends on how hard the first raid will be tho). I think that this means that they're just removing "tier for badges herp" and as it is atm the chance to reach a high gear level with just gathering badges. in short, Cataclysm loot will be an equal to tbc loot or something. Amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrol View Post
    people will still get their epics fast and it will most probably take up to 2 maybe 3 weeks to be full epic when your guild starts raiding(Depends on how hard the first raid will be tho). I think that this means that they're just removing "tier for badges herp" and as it is atm the chance to reach a high gear level with just gathering badges. in short, Cataclysm loot will be an equal to tbc loot or something. Amiright?
    For the first tier, yes. However, once tier 12 is released you should expect them to make all of the tier 11 gear available via heroic badges. As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    You sir, missed the point.

The point is, if item is purple, its should be epic and something to be proud of.
    No matter is it from hardmode or not. The fact you had full epic once said that you were a bit Hardcore, nowadays it means nothing.
    yes it does mean something and it is something to be proud of IF you got it from heroic mode bosses. So in fact, you were the one to miss the point of my post.

I presume you will still be able to get gear through the emblem system in Cata, so how will that work? Are you only able to buy rare gear with emblems dropped by heroic bosses or what?
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    For the first tier, yes. However, once tier 12 is released you should expect them to make all of the tier 11 gear available via heroic badges. As it should be.
    that's not how it was in tbc :> and it's not good either. that basicly means that by the end of cataclysm all your alts will be running around with second to best tier. what kind of epic feel is that?

Why are so many people concerned with the color of the items? If heroics only dropped greens and normal raids dropped blues and heroic raids dropped epics you guys would love this and I have no idea why... it's just a color and is meaningless really.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are going to be able to get tier gear with badges, it should be like with naxx and ulduar where only 2 pieces you could buy, the rest you got from the raids.

I personally would prefer that tier sets be kept raid specific, but if Blizz just HAS to make it available through badges, I hope you can't get the full set, like it used to be.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrol View Post
    that's not how it was in tbc :> and it's not good either. that basicly means that by the end of cataclysm all your alts will be running around with second to best tier. what kind of epic feel is that?
    It allows a player to gear up for the current level on content on their own, as it should be. You shouldn't need a guild to get the second best tier of gear available at the current time, otherwise you get late starting players and guilds who have to go through the entire tiers of content in the current expansion just to catch up. That's not how they want it anymore.

I didnt play in Vanilla, but when I was running stratholme and ZG for mounts, I noticed that most of the loot was blue ... and I've already heard from people that played in Vanilla that epic really meant EPIC! I really wanted to feel that, I guess it will happen

Epic loot is like nothing at the moment, because you can do HCs all day and get T9 ... how epic is that? No, its not epic at all.

To be epic now means to have HC loot/legendary but still they made the legendaries quest rewards so you dont have to clear the raid everytime to beg it to drop when the drop chance is 1% or so...

I really like this post and I really hope it will become reality!

yes it does mean something and it is something to be proud of IF you got it from heroic mode bosses. So in fact, you were the one to miss the point of my post.
    I find people like you so hard to understand, seriously. You are so into this game I can't even comprehend your thought process and your moral views... and so stubborn.

This sounds great. But they will have to make blues blues again and greens green. and also greys greys and whites whites.

Hah progression now is more like:

Reach lvl 80 -> Heroics -> Newest Raid

The flaw of the design is that normal dungeons aint worth doing, nor do you need to do em like in BC.

It wasnt only a matter of heroics keys. Unless you were quite skilled you had to gear up in normal dungeons, but then all complained it was too hard and Blizz decided to drop the whole normal dungeon tier of PvE.

What this will mean isnt that we'll be getting worse gear. It just means that blues will again become an item tier. Atm. a newly dinged lvl 80 will be full epic with achievement and all within a week at the most. Blue gear doesnt have to be bad (as stated above) but leave the epics for the real raids