Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Account hacked and Blizz does nothing

Today, I log on to my with my friends and it says i have to enter the authenticator code. I don't have one or use one. I played last night and everything was just fine, but that isn't the story today. I have emailed Blizzard and checked the armory to see that a few of toons were stripped of everything except the BoA leveling gear. It has been quite a few hours now and no response from Blizzard and I have been on mass redial with them for hours and i get the same thing that they are too busy. It is nice to just sit here and watch all the time I have put into this game just disappear and Blizzard doesn't give a rats ass. So far my main hasn't had gear deleted and if it does I will be done. I have the Norton 360 up to date and I don't open emails from people i don't know so I have no clue how I go hacked. I just wish Blizzard would give me back my account and I hope I don't lose everything I have worked hard for

have u tried to send an webform or smth to blizz? wait 2-3 days and if u get a hold of blizz they might restore ur gear etc
    yo

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Awesome Mojo View Post
    have u tried to send an webform or smth to blizz? wait 2-3 days and if u get a hold of blizz they might restore ur gear etc
    ^This, if your lucky (like me) I only had to wait 25 minutes :3 and gear was restored in less then an hour afterwords

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertinax View Post
    I have the Norton 360 up to date and I don't open emails from people i don't know so I have no clue how I go hacked.
    Reason right ^ there.

On topic: They usually don't fix this during a day, not sure if they even have this service live during weekends either.

Today, I log on to my with my friends and it says i have to enter the authenticator code. I don't have one or use one.
    I stopped reading here. Whoever hacked your account deserves to keep it because they were smart enough to put an authenticator on the account to reduce the probability of it getting hacked.

Today, I log on to my with my friends and it says i have to enter the authenticator code. I don't have one or use one. I played last night and everything was just fine, but that isn't the story today. I have emailed Blizzard and checked the armory to see that a few of toons were stripped of everything except the BoA leveling gear. It has been quite a few hours now and no response from Blizzard and I have been on mass redial with them for hours and i get the same thing that they are too busy. It is nice to just sit here and watch all the time I have put into this game just disappear and Blizzard doesn't give a rats ass. So far my main hasn't had gear deleted and if it does I will be done. I have the Norton 360 up to date and I don't open emails from people i don't know so I have no clue how I go hacked. I just wish Blizzard would give me back my account and I hope I don't lose everything I have worked hard for
    What did you learn?

Welcome to the "Get An Authenticator" club. The meetings have cake and pie because the people in it have all this free time to bake since without an authenticator they too got hacked and can't play their toons.

Moral of the story, no matter how safe you think you are, get an Authenticator and put it on your account... if you don't somebody else will.

Oh, and in response, You will have to try to handle it through the website if you can't get through on the phone. Good luck and learn from your mistake. Remember, it's not that blizzard doesn't give a shit, they just have hundreds of thousands of people in the same boat as you since they too failed to get an authenticator... those club meetings are huge by the way.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

I recently got hacked and it took Blizzard two weeks to get my gear back to me. Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    I stopped reading here. Whoever hacked your account deserves to keep it because they were smart enough to put an authenticator on the account to reduce the probability of it getting hacked.
    You sir, win 4 internets.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    They get ridiculous amounts of restoration requests. This will not happen instantly. Be patient.
    This. Be grateful if you have to listen to hold music for an hour or less. So many people play WoW, and so many people need to call customer service/tech support/whathaveyou that getting to talk to a person instantly is just short of a miracle.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Blizzard doesn't give a rats ass. So far my main hasn't had gear deleted and if it does I will be done. I just wish Blizzard would give me back my account and I hope I don't lose everything I have worked hard for
    Obviously Blizzard doesn't care, but if you would stay on hold with them instead of just redialing over and over again then you would get help. Even if your main gets stripped of all his stuff, server changed, and name changed, everything can be restored.

I've never had anyone hack my account before, which is surprising because a lot of people around me have. They hacked my boyfriend's account twice, which was kinda funny because he never has more than 100g ever, so they stole barely nothing.

It does take some time, because lately these guys have been going to town on the gold spams, at least it's not like Gaiaonline where they tell you it could take up to 2 years.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Protip: Blizzard does not reply unless your grammar is perfect, so you might want to work on that a little or atleast make your emails more readable than this post.

In advance, you're welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Upsimus View Post
    Protip: Blizzard does not reply unless your grammar is perfect, so you might want to work on that a little or atleast make your emails more readable than this post.

In advance, you're welcome.
    So true.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    My account was keylogged twice, before Blizzard had the Authenticators, and everything was restored EXCEPT the enchants I had on things. but it took 9 days the first time and 5 days the second. so...BE PATIENT... And...GET A DAMNED AUTHENTICATOR !!!
    Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

A friend of mine recently got hacked, and he got everything restored that day. His secret? Call Blizzard support and, like, I dunno, actually stay on the line and wait for the next Customer Representative? Yeah, it'll take a good deal of time before they get to your call but it's a hell of a lot faster than waiting days for emails. Get an Authenticator, if you have an iPod Touch, it's free, otherwise it's, what? $8? -- if that. So to recap, call them and actually stay on the line, 100% guaranteed to work and they'll just ask you security questions and whatnot, pretty simple stuff. Again, STAY ON THE LINE AND WAIT.

Another thing, Norton 360 is one helluvan expensive joke. There are better, free programs out there. No, they don't come with a suite, but the individual programs offer better protection than a full suite of $100 crap. AVG Free, SpyBot, SpywareBlaster, hell, even the free AdAware is better than Norton's malware crap. You should also practice safer surfing habits, such as not going to unscrupulous or shady sites, surfing 101 imo, no other way to get hacked if you consider yourself so heavily protected.

#1 defense against getting hacked is yourself.

I played last night and everything was just fine, but that isn't the story today.
    have you even read the emails theyve sent you ? it takes about 1-2 days to remove the authenticator, and 1-2 weeks for an account restoration, seeing how this all happened today, you're a moron for failing to read blizzard's replies.

People getting keylogged(HACKED) deserves it. It usually is all their fault that they got hacked (No, you didn't get a free mount from that website mr.Blizzlard whispered you ingame).

ITT Retards who think an authenticator will protect you. How do you think you recover accounts that have authenticators on after being hacked?

Anyways you deserve to lose your account for using Norton and giving out your information. You're probably too proud to admit that you gave all your account information to a phisher. Fyi when you get your account back you can at least enjoy your free core hound pet.