All in One PC Graphics Card compatible with a normal PC grahics card?

my old PC had a great graphics card in it. i just agot a new all in one pc, and the card in it isnt the best. but the rest of the computer rocks. can i replace this all in one graphgics card with the good one in my old pc very easily?

as long as you have a PCIe 2.0 slot on your motherboard, enough space in your case, and an 8 pin and a 6 pin PCIe connectors on your power supply, you should be good to go.

You can also buy PCIe Power supply molex adapters too if need be.
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe

Almost certainly "no."

"All in one" PCs are built around their compact structure, like laptops, not with upgradeability in mind. There are very few parts on very few All-in-One machines that are easily upgraded.

For those who don't know: "All in One" means the motherboard is packaged behind the monitor; there is no tower. Yet, the goal is to keep the monitor virtually as slim as a standard monitor. I've worked with many models and there is no way a standard gaming graphics card would even fit inside any of them.

Edit: If you've never seen one, search Google Images for
    "All in one" PC
    And remember the motherboard is inside the monitor.
    Last edited by soulcakeduck; 2010-07-11 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcakeduck View Post
    Almost certainly "no."

"All in one" PCs are built around their compact structure, like laptops, not with upgradeability in mind. There are very few parts on very few All-in-One machines that are easily upgraded.

For those who don't know: "All in One" means the motherboard is packaged behind the monitor; there is no tower. Yet, the goal is to keep the monitor virtually as slim as a standard monitor. I've worked with many models and there is no way a standard gaming graphics card would even fit inside any of them.

Edit: If you've never seen one, search Google Images for
    "All in one" PC
    And remember the motherboard is inside the monitor.
    thats what I get for reading your post late at night. Then no, you're up a creek, just like laptop owners. All in one pc's make horrible gaming pc's.
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe

this really really sucks. i dont know a whole lot about computers, and its looked great in the store. of course the best buy agent tells me it had better video cards than normal pcs and it can play any game. on full settings i only had 20 fps in Ironforge and on marrow i lagged around like a mule. pissed me off so bad. now im stuck with this crap that i cant upgrade anything. wonderful.

If you turn shadows off and get bad fps, the reason is slow CPU, not crappy graphics card. Could be bit of both too. Some/most of the "pc built into monitor" computers are made entirely from laptop parts which means also slower laptop CPU and not just laptop graphics that can't be replaced.

Just google your computer's exact model + upgrade, and see what pops up. You are probably screwed, but not necessarily.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taybox View Post
    this really really sucks. i dont know a whole lot about computers, and its looked great in the store. of course the best buy agent tells me it had better video cards than normal pcs and it can play any game. on full settings i only had 20 fps in Ironforge and on marrow i lagged around like a mule. pissed me off so bad. now im stuck with this crap that i cant upgrade anything. wonderful.
    Best Buy. Never trust anything those jackasses say. Most don't know jack about computers, and the rest just try to sell anything they can.

One of them tried selling me a 400W Rocketfish PSU (which is known to explode under 300W of use) for my build, after telling him what I needed it for, and that I wanted to upgrade in the future. I like testing computer store employees to see if they'll tell me the truth, or try to sell whatever they think they can to a female looking at computer parts.
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US