Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnasam View Post
    lol i love how everyone thought that Rivendare was resurrected for Naxx when it wasn't even him XD look: http://www.wowwiki.com/On_Stratholme
    Good find. +1 internets, but the lead-on books make me doubt the idea

good, aren't they?
    How do I put a quote signature like that?
    Last edited by Arnasam; 2010-07-16 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    So wait... are those guys argent dawn or argent crusade?
    They're the Brotherhood of the Light faction of the Argent Crusade.

Wow, odd that people have trouble grasping this.

Rivendare is probably an aristocratic name he's a adopted now that he rules over Stratholme much as some rl peers are referred to as Lord/Baron/suchlike *place* rather than Lord of *place*. So Aurius took up that name when he was raised into undeath and, having been a paladin, unsurprisingly became a death knight. Hence the mace, he used it in life.

Anyhow the book in the dk starting experience was prolly just a jokey easter egg don't think we should pay much attention to it. Maybe it was an imposter Rivendare in Naxx 2.0 but in any case he was clearly a mighty death knight, enough so to be a horseman.

Awesome changes though! I hope other instances can manage this level of coolness. Nice to see Nathrezim doing what they do best, not staying dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnasam View Post
    good, aren't they?
    Yeah, it uses the same system of making the Scourge seem more normal that the DK starter zone did. My favourite is still

When asked "Noth, where is Heigan?", he will respond with any of the following:

Heigan is probably performing maintenance on his slime and crap filled dance studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelger View Post
    They're the Brotherhood of the Light faction of the Argent Crusade.
    I tought that the Brotherhood was just a temporal alliance between the Argents and the Scarlets. Well, I don't think it even exists anymore, the whole Scarlet charade revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc89 View Post
    Wow, odd that people have trouble grasping this.

Rivendare is probably an aristocratic name he's a adopted now that he rules over Stratholme much as some rl peers are referred to as Lord/Baron/suchlike *place* rather than Lord of *place*. So Aurius took up that name when he was raised into undeath and, having been a paladin, unsurprisingly became a death knight. Hence the mace, he used it in life.

Anyhow the book in the dk starting experience was prolly just a jokey easter egg don't think we should pay much attention to it. Maybe it was an imposter Rivendare in Naxx 2.0 but in any case he was clearly a mighty death knight, enough so to be a horseman.

Awesome changes though! I hope other instances can manage this level of coolness. Nice to see Nathrezim doing what they do best, not staying dead.
    ^ This. Need to not over analyze things so much. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfremio View Post
    I tought that the Brotherhood was just a temporal alliance between the Argents and the Scarlets. Well, I don't think it even exists anymore, the whole Scarlet charade revealed.
    The Brotherhood of the Light was always part of the Argent Dawn and then the Argent Crusade. They were the militant wing.

Korfax, I think, said "Think of us as the Scarlet Crusade, but without the stupidity."

They're essentially the Ret Paladins and Warriors of the Argent Crusade.

Deleted
    Wait a second.... so this means Detheroc, Mal'Ganis, Balnazzar, Varimathras, Anetheron AND Tichondrius are all still alive? I just lost alot of the satisfaction I gained from killing these guys in Warcraft games.

Nice call, Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Yeah, it uses the same system of making the Scourge seem more normal that the DK starter zone did.
    Lol these are hidden in Acherus :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helligator View Post
    Wait a second.... so this means Detheroc, Mal'Ganis, Balnazzar, Varimathras, Anetheron AND Tichondrius are all still alive? I just lost alot of the satisfaction I gained from killing these guys in Warcraft games.

Nice call, Blizz.
    Think of them like Sauron and the ring. They're bound to the Twisting Nether, as long as they're not killed there their spirits endure and can come back

Quote Originally Posted by Helligator View Post

Nice call, Blizz.
    If Arthas and Frostmourne couldn't kill one I doubt we can at this point. Do the Scarlet Onslaught quest chain at Deaths Rise for answers about Malganis' fate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Think of it like this:

Bolvar is in Northrend, where the majority of the Scourge are. Bolvar, despite his great willpower, is new to his position as Jailor of the Damned. As such, while he can keep most of the Scourge in check, some of the stronger Scourge break away during the period of time between Arthas and Bolvar. The Cult of the Damned, of course, is also still around. Between the Cult and the Stronger Scourge, it's possible that the weaker Scourge outside of Northrend could be controlled by something else. The farther away they are, the harder it is for Bolvar to control them.
    Or perhaps Bolvar just said "fuck it, do what you want" and is only keeping those who don't have a will of their own anymore in check.

Maybe Bolvar's already being corrupted, or is sleeping as Arthas did for 5 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Special View Post
    He uses a mace? Thats so lame...
    Thor, God of Thunder and Pure Badassery, would like to have a word with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt read all 3 pages, but wheres ysida harmon in this new strat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    So the leader of Stratholme must adopt the name "Rivendare"?
    There must always be a Rivendare

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 07:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Epiclurker View Post
    If Arthas and Frostmourne couldn't kill one I doubt we can at this point. Do the Scarlet Onslaught quest chain at Deaths Rise for answers about Malganis' fate.
    Mal'Ganis' fate of retreating again? Thanks for the closure

Thanks for posting this. Was wondering what Blizzard was going to do lorewise about Strat. Now to just hope that they don't remove the Deathcharger drop. Five years of farming that damn thing, and nada still -_-. Any word about what's happening up at the Monastery lorewise?

Quote Originally Posted by Llyanna Everstar View Post
    Any word about what's happening up at the Monastery lorewise?
    I think that Scarlet Monastery's gonna work like this, as from what I've seen here and in Wowhead:

Alliance: Scarlet civil war, crazy zealots vs even crazier zealots. NPCs of... whichever they consider the "better" faction, give you quest to kill the bosses from the respective monastery wings, culminating on a great battle in the Cathedral. And let's hope that it is just Whitemane leading them, Mograine would be really odd.

Horde: Same as above, just that it is the boring and bleak Forsaken the ones who attack with some Dark ranger leading them.

I personally like the first one, it would leave their fate more ambiguous, specially after Balnazzar going batshit (he seems to have gone from a cunning personality to "FUCK YOU AZEROTH! ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!" in a matter of... 5 years, which may be comprehensible as well) and all the Onslaught affair, they're just some scarlet crusaders figthing a war that no one told them was lost.

On the other hand the Rivendare thing is hilarious. I'm expecting that some hobo shows up and declares himself the bombastic Arugal of Shadowfang Keep,

I think that "There must always be a X" is going to top "X was merely a setback", in the field of overused WoW memes.

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Where is Rivendares sword? Why does he have mace???
    because aurius was a paladin, that mace looks very paladin-ish. perhaps he got to keep it!

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 01:44 PM ----------

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfremio View Post
    I think that Scarlet Monastery's gonna work like this, as from what I've seen here and in Wowhead:

Alliance: Scarlet civil war, crazy zealots vs even crazier zealots. NPCs of... whichever they consider the "better" faction, give you quest to kill the bosses from the respective monastery wings, culminating on a great battle in the Cathedral. And let's hope that it is just Whitemane leading them, Mograine would be really odd.

Horde: Same as above, just that it is the boring and bleak Forsaken the ones who attack with some Dark ranger leading them.

I personally like the first one, it would leave their fate more ambiguous, specially after Balnazzar going batshit (he seems to have gone from a cunning personality to "FUCK YOU AZEROTH! ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!" in a matter of... 5 years, which may be comprehensible as well) and all the Onslaught affair, they're just some scarlet crusaders figthing a war that no one told them was lost.

On the other hand the Rivendare thing is hilarious. I'm expecting that some hobo shows up and declares himself the bombastic Arugal of Shadowfang Keep,

I think that "There must always be a X" is going to top "X was merely a setback", in the field of overused WoW memes.
    There must always be a meme.
    Last edited by rillak; 2010-07-16 at 01:46 PM. Reason: double-qoute