Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Its good to see blizzard is not being lazy that place need a revamp i hope they touch up all of them id like to see sunken temple redone after the nightmare is cleaned up

Quote Originally Posted by MetalZohnny View Post
    Its good to see blizzard is not being lazy that place need a revamp i hope they touch up all of them id like to see sunken temple redone after the nightmare is cleaned up
    Next X-pac in the Emerald Dream
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    Next X-pac in the Emerald Dream
    might not be the next xpack

with the way cataclysm is setting up expect for azshara to be the next main baddie

she and deathwing are the greatest old god minions afterall

Quote Originally Posted by Kalserrar View Post
    It's easier to say, "Oh, tha paladin that helped you kill Rivendare in Stratholme the first time? He was the Baron's son (or similar relation)" than to try and make out something that is clearly a surname, has some sort of relation to being the end boss. It isn't a title, it isn't a mark of nobilty. It's a surname, simple as.

Prove it. Just because it is at the end of a name does not mean it isn't ceremonial. Looking like a surname does not make it a surname. Lord Strathclyde is a real person, his name is not Strathclyde. My point is he could have simply taken the title which would require only a "yeah, I took the title" line of dialogue to explain.

On the other hand Aurius being the Baron's son and failing to mention it during the previous battle for Stratholme in which both he and the Baron died? Bit odd.

So ask yourself this - is it more likely Rivendare is a ceremonial name or he helped kill his owned father without so much as a casual mention of the relation?

Death Knights have been known to take new names or add to their existing names. Like Bloodbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelger View Post
    Death Knights have been known to take new names or add to their existing names. Like Bloodbane.
    Indeed, they seem to take on villainous sounding names pretty often. Another example,I doubt Koltira is really from the Deathweaver family.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc89 View Post
    Indeed, they seem to take on villainous sounding names pretty often. Another example,I doubt Koltira is really from the Deathweaver family.
    His family could have sewed shrouds for funerals. Ever think of that?

Either way Aurius did tell us that if he left the chapel, he'd turn into a deathknight. Sure, the Medallion of Faith gave him the strength to leave the chapel, but that doesn't really sound like a permanent solution. Yes, when he dies he says that his soul is saved, but that was before the Lich King brought Acherus into play. I'm sure being in the same zone, the Lich King decided not to go take a quick trip to Stratholme. Speculation, sure, but highly plausible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    Either way Aurius did tell us that if he left the chapel, he'd turn into a deathknight. Sure, the Medallion of Faith gave him the strength to leave the chapel, but that doesn't really sound like a permanent solution. Yes, when he dies he says that his soul is saved, but that was before the Lich King brought Acherus into play. I'm sure being in the same zone, the Lich King decided not to go take a quick trip to Stratholme. Speculation, sure, but highly plausible.
    well, considering he managed to bring Baron back to life, it's more than possible

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    His family could have sewed shrouds for funerals. Ever think of that?

Haha, touche :P

I had forgotten he mentions the Scourge nearly transformed him before, guess we didn't quite save him after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Demon Hunters must have the ability to sever the Dreadlord's connection to the Twisting Nether to kill them ouright
    So, like the Dark Templar are to the Zerg Cerebrates are in SC. Either that or after consuming the Skull of Gul'dan, Illidan became so mindbendingly powerful that he could completely sever Tichondrius' connection to the Twisting Nether on his own. Assuming that's who we're talking about, I don't know of any other Demon Hunter/Dreadlord interactions.

Doesn't explain Anetheron though. Supposedly he's dead too from the Battle of Mt. Hyjal, and Mephistroth is the current leader of the Nathrezim. Maybe something to do with Archimonde going nuclear kept him from rezzing.

Now I want to RP in Cata so bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by aei101 View Post
    So, like the Dark Templar are to the Zerg Cerebrates are in SC. Either that or after consuming the Skull of Gul'dan, Illidan became so mindbendingly powerful that he could completely sever Tichondrius' connection to the Twisting Nether on his own. Assuming that's who we're talking about, I don't know of any other Demon Hunter/Dreadlord interactions.

Doesn't explain Anetheron though. Supposedly he's dead too from the Battle of Mt. Hyjal, and Mephistroth is the current leader of the Nathrezim. Maybe something to do with Archimonde going nuclear kept him from rezzing.
    Either that, or he could have been punished for his failure after his return to the Nether.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc89 View Post
    On the other hand Aurius being the Baron's son and failing to mention it during the previous battle for Stratholme in which both he and the Baron died? Bit odd.
    Retcons happen.

I'm still farming the old Baron for his mount on two different toons. Please let the new Baron keep the same loot drop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    I can only hope Stratholme will become a Sanctuary, not another human city
    lol ANOTHER human city???? since when were HUMANS getting new cities???

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    I can only hope Stratholme will become a human city affiliated with Alliance , not another sanctuary or BG or some crap
    this should be the appropriate sentence.

God damn it Aurius. We leave your corpse alone in a city infested by the plague of undeath for one minute and BAM! Suddenly you're a zombie. What the hell man.

Also, that book in acherus only says that the necromancer took Rivendare's ring so he could forge a document that would net him a high-ranking position. It doesn't say he impersonated Rivendare himself.
    Last edited by Lotice; 2010-07-17 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalserrar View Post
    Retcons happen.
    True, just seems like a bit of a waste to bother with a retcon.

If some in game text suggests a relation then fair enough, I have no problem with my conjecture being wrong. I just find it easier in the lack of such text so far to assume he just took up the name.

Anyway the end result is the same either way, new Rivendare. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhalial View Post
    Easy, they'll make a lower non-elite zone with some mobs etc and some active dialogs etc to keep people busy and entertained. And if you zone in the instance, everything will be elite and bosses will spawn.

That's how I see it anyways :P and looks to me like a nice solution.
    Theyll just invis wall it.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    lol ANOTHER human city???? since when were HUMANS getting new cities???.
    Yeah I was thinking that. Humans keep losing cities to war or they become neutral

Quote Originally Posted by aei101 View Post

Don't take it too seriously. I was merely speculating, but Illidan did gain sort of "Demon Vision" so maybe that allowed him to do so. You never know Tichondrius could come back
    Last edited by Alraml; 2010-07-17 at 07:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balnazzar: there must always be....*thunders* a rivendare *epic music*
    Aurius: the weight of such a burden it must be min
    Bolvar: *in booming voice* ARUIUS you hold a grim destiny in your hands brother
    Aurius: Bolvar! by all that is holy
    Bolvar: hand me the reigns and epic sword Aurius from now on i shall be the d bag on the rivendares charger
    Aurius: no no alright man no it was funny the first couple of times ur jailer of the damned... oh come on ur the new deathwing too! screw it man im gunna be the new rivendare