Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Vindaloo View Post
    I'm curious as to whether guild XP and/or guild rep will be grandfathered in pre-Cata 4.0. In other words, if guilds get experience points based on their raiding progression, will a guild that's downed the Lich King get a ton of experience and ding several levels once the patch goes live? Will players who have always been active in guild (i.e. going to raids, BGs, etc) or have been with the guild a long time start with high rep? Anyone know yet?
    I would imagine that possibly somethings may be grandfathered in, but others won't on the grounds that it's not trackable (because it's not being tracked now).
    For example, even if 25+ people in the guild have an achievement for downing Heroic Arthas, there's not any possible way -in game- to "prove" that it was done as a guild, or under the current guild tag. EVEN having a realm first achievement on 25 people in the guild, although I'd imagine any rational person would agree that it was surely done as a guild, it's still only circumstantial evidence, not necessarily "proof". Just like being exalted with the waterlords is a pretty good indication that you've done MC more than a few times, it wasn't enough to qualify for the complete MC achievement, as it's not direct indicator.
    There's not a huge amount of information yet how it will work, joining a new guild they said you would lose some of your rep but not all of it. You'll retain some of it based on ... something. Possibly the fact that you've killed Arthas on heroic, irregardless of whether or not the rest of the guild has may boost the guild's "Exp" by 1 or whatever, in which case in the above scenario, you'd likely get "partial" credit for having done it prior to the system being in.

Somethings will obviously be "grandfathered in" such as completing guild achievements which will (presumably) boost guild rank/score. One reported achievement (that is not yet in beta) is to complete 10,000 quests as a combined guild. I can't imagine too many guilds that won't have this completed, my guild will have it with just 3-4 people. The guild should get this automatically when the system goes live, just like when achievements came out, you automatically already had "Complete 100 quests" etc etc

TLDR: Somethings will count some won't and for the next two years we'll hear people say "but my guild did X in wrath, why doesn't it show on our achievements qq"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    The guild talents are pretty cool and useful. The extra movement will increase the leveling speed. But the cash flow can be abused. If you have for example over 100 active guild members, all of them looting money while they play, 10% of the money will go to the guild bank. With so many players looting, the amount of money in the bank can become pretty high. But not everyone can access that money. Only the officers can. Therefore, the officers can freely take the extra incoming guild bank money and do whatever they want with them for their own, personal needs.
    you read the talent wrong. it doesn't take 10% of the money you looted.

for example the way you see it is I loot 10 gold. the guild bank would take 1 gold and i get 9 gold. that is wrong.

the correct example is I loot 10 gold. the guild bank gets 1 gold but I get to keep the 10 gold i looted. this is correct.

so the money that drops off of creatures and bosses is increased by 10% but that 10% goes to guild bank instead of your pocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honorable Mention! HOLY F**K!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those perks look fun and useful to have around. I'm just curious how this'll work for raidgroups which are made out of several different guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratorogue View Post
    Amazing. I wonder if the mass rez really has the unlimted range. Meaning If a guildy of mine died while leveling and didn't want to run back to his corpse if he could simply invite me to group and have me mass Rez him... Hm..
    But wouldn't he rezz at your feet then? Sounds like an easy way to get around if they keep it like that =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    "Imba"
    I literally want to Kitten Filled Hugs people in face and smack a Soft Swan-dive Pillow up their little bottoms when they use that word. It sounds just rather weird.

Fixed that for you. Please refrain from going a bit "too far" with your language.
    I love mods

How about alts, if you got one toon in the guild that earned enough rep for exalted, do any alts you bring in on the same account automatically get the same benefits?

This looks like the best thing that has been released about cataclysm in a long time, by far my favorite thing added! This looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushealer View Post
    None of these things are that amazing.

10% durability goes to 9%, 10% exp is nothing and meanless when you get to cap, 5% speed whoohoo.

I am just glad this means no one will care, and the game will still be one big pug.
    Can't please everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flask Cauldrons! AMG! That will be super-helpful for raids!

Cauldrons aside, most of the guild bonuses are merely passives. I guess they help the guild progress through content faster together, but they seem similar to all the talents that Blizz wants to prune out of our specs because they are 'no fun.' I was hoping to see some vanity items unlock with certain levels, and I' keeping my fingers crossed that it will still happen.

Vids were nice. Stonecore looks like a fun dungeon; a 'fungeon,' if you will.

Its nice to see them trying to bring the "community feel" back into the game. The LFD and x-realm battlegrounds(though very good additions) kinda killed it.

I am wondering as a Shammie, does Hasty Hearth work for Astral Recall? Since AR is basically shared CD time as a Hearth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, OP guild abilities. The anti-socialites are going to QQ big time, but only if they have the balls to say something.

The perks are automatic to everyone, the guild-rep lets you access the special items store. Which, I presume holds awesome pets, mounts and tabards and not much more.
    they already said there will heirlooms for every slot with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargai View Post
    World of Don't Stand In The Glowing Stuff On The Ground.
    Yeah, but at least the movement makes the encounters look more interesting. A few of them looked like tank and spank though.

The thing that I notice was how open and boring the boss room layouts were.

So if you change guilds, you are SOL. Now that 14 y.o. gm owns your char and what are you going to do? Sit down and take it like the little girl you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargai View Post
    World of Don't Stand In The Glowing Stuff On The Ground.
    such a simple mechanic yet so many still fail at it

Deleted
    I really like these changes, some are less useful than others and I really want to know exactly how we get guild exp / reputation and how many people will contribute, but overall I'm pretty excited about the entire new guild system, I think it will help to bring a bigger community feel to a guild, working together to achiev something without having to raid, and everyone being able to bonus from things like pets, mounts, tabbards, without feeling like you've had to outroll someone else, so will definitely bring together the small & social guilds in my opinion, not force people to leave them. If only the top 5 or 10 people contribute then really as long as your small guild is active you'll be fine.

Huge DISLIKE from me.

Warcraft is turning into a damned Facebook game.

Cant wait to help my guild level up =P I hope the 5% rep increase stacks with human diplomacy

Quote Originally Posted by Nythious View Post
    Huge DISLIKE from me.

Warcraft is turning into a damned Facebook game.
    Negative, even Ragnarok online has had similar features for years, sharing some of the experience you earn with your guild's progression to increase guild level, which would increase the guild cap etc, allow you to purchase better guardians during guild wars, etc.