Keeps telling me I have too many pets.

While playing I was trying to tame pets and kept getting killed. When trying this I kept getting the message You have too many pets already. I logged out and to my horror I lost 2 levels.

Any ideas. I dropped from level 14 to level 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    how many pets do u have in ur stables?

Perhaps a Mod could move this to the hunter forum? Doesn't make sense being in the Cataclysm General Discussion.

and on topic: did you have a pet out when you were trying to tame?

I actually wonder how you can lose levels, I thought that mechanic was dropped in early vanilla WoW apha..

Anyway, several reasons could be:
    a) you had a pet out already. You can't tame pets when you have one out already.
    b) you dismissed your pet. Dismissing doesn't allow you to tame a new pet, however.

Succesfully taming a pet means you put your pet you already have in the stables, then go out with no pet "equipped" at all to tame the beast you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanammi View Post
    Perhaps a Mod could move this to the hunter forum? Doesn't make sense being in the Cataclysm General Discussion.

and on topic: did you have a pet out when you were trying to tame?
    It does make sense if he's playing the beta and this is one of the many bugs with hunter pets in the beta

Quote Originally Posted by Furbolg View Post
    It does make sense if he's playing the beta and this is one of the many bugs with hunter pets in the beta
    True. I didn't get the sense that this was happening in beta from the OP, but that certainly doesn't mean that it isn't the case. Looks like we need quite a bit of clarification from backor.