Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Icecrown Citadel Buff 30%, Blue Posts

A new beta build will be deployed on beta servers tonight. Stay tuned for more stuff.

Icecrown Citadel Buff increased to 30%
    The highest Icecrown Citadel Buff is now available, Strength of Wrynn and Hellscream's Warsong spells now increase your health, healing, damage, and damage absorption by 30%.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Tabard of the Argent Dawn
    Beloved though it is, there are no current plans to reintroduce the Tabard of the Argent Dawn. (Source)

Naxxramas in Cataclysm
    We intend to keep Naxxramas hovering over its current home of Dragonblight. Moving the citadel back to the Plaguelands doesn't really fit in with our plans for evolving the story in that area for Cataclysm.

[...] If we're going to develop content where you travel in the past to take part in some major piece of Warcraft history, we're going to try and make that content compelling and enhance the story of the expansion. Adding a level 60 version of Naxxramas to Caverns of Time doesn't sound very compelling or relevant to Cataclysm... "Patch 4.1: Travel back in time to return to a high-end raid not applicable or relevant to the current end game, characters, or storyline!" (Source)

Past/Present Azeroth Phasing
    We're not phasing the entire old world into a past/present sort of scenario. The Cataclysm will bring about inescapable change for all inhabitants of Azeroth. We don't plan to phase a portion of the playerbase into some past world of Azeroth where environments, quests, and creatures are unchanged. (Source)

Effective Health in Cataclysm
    I'm not sure that serious tanks will ever gem dodge or parry at the expense of Stamina to any great degree. As long as dragons breathe, there will be elements of encounters where health is more useful than avoidance.

However, I think avoidance overall will still be more valuable in Cataclysm than it is on Live today when your healers risk running out of mana. The theoretical tank with a huge health pool and 0% avoidance should feel like a liability instead of the holy grail it is viewed as today.

We're trying to shake [some] tanks out of the mentality that something is garbage unless it improves health or armor. That's not the same as saying that tanks will value dodge and parry and view health and armor as garbage instead. (Source)

So it's the dragons' fault. Why can't you give us something we can stack and get on gear which will reduce magical damage taken? Perhaps a "mitigation rating" which will reduce all damage taken, like resilience does in PvP, though at a rate less than armor or avoidance reduces physical damage.
    Couple of reasons. One, every boss (well, with a couple of weird exceptions) does physical damage, but there are plenty of bosses that do only physical damage. Second, we want the dragon breathing to be a scary moment that requires you and the healers to consider using your cooldowns. I realize the strategy of a tank is to try and do whatever you can to make those moments not scary, but as soon as you accomplish that, then the fights become a lot less exciting. Roller coasters that move slowly might feel more safe, but they're not as much fun. We have to nail that sometimes narrow line between letting you prepare for a fight without minimizing the danger (assuming its appropriate for your level of progression, etc.) (Source)

No tabard I so hoped they would bring it back...

So this it. 30% is out there people.

The last nerf to ICC.

nice, 30% buff.
    That also means that GS requirements will go up to 5.6k min for 10 man and 6k min for 25 man on frostmane eu cause thats the type of retarded server im on, time for a move i think.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    One step closer to the Cataclysm!

More beta invites this evening then?

The comment link was missing for a minute, and I was panicking.

30% as predicted, for every 4th week it has increased by 5%. Its been 6 months already....

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad i have that Tabard ^^

It's Awesome, tho I havent used it in a while

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope, soon, that this will make people realize that you dont need icc25 gear in order to pug icc10 now. Trade chat is rather retarded with this on twisting nether (they use wowheroes gs, so they require 3k+ in order to be invited lol)

Quote Originally Posted by pangeltveit View Post
    Glad i have that Tabard ^^

It's Awesome, tho I havent used it in a while
    It is awesome, I have it on my alt but meh want it badly on my main...

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    woot new beta build, time for more spoilers!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    nice, 30% buff.
    That also means that GS requirements will go up to 5.6k min for 10 man and 6k min for 25 man on frostmane eu cause thats the type of retarded server im on, time for a move i think.
    my server to! although icc10 is already at 5.6k with 25% so it will be at 6k
    hahaha. no.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    I hope, soon, that this will make people realize that you dont need icc25 gear in order to pug icc10 now. Trade chat is rather retarded with this on twisting nether (they use wowheroes gs, so they require 3k+ in order to be invited lol)
    lol i know the server is retarded but been my home for 5 years you alli or horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    nice, 30% buff.
    Same on my every server mate.

Quote Originally Posted by metalsteve View Post
    Same on my every server mate.
    Same on mine. Blizzard meant for this to help undergeared players not hinder them farther lol.

Btw here comes the "Stupid casuals" "Way to ruin the game blizz." QQ

Deleted
    I like seeing big numbers on the screen, this combinated with BQL bite, yay .

I can't believe I've been farming LK for over 5 months and still have yet to kill him heroic... yay for guild killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsack View Post
    More beta invites this evening then?

They sent invites last Tuesday/Wednesday. I can see it happening.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

YI don't remember does it go higher than that or is 30 the top?