Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What if New Boomkin...

What if the new Boomkin art form turns out to be along the lines of:

Replace Night Elf face with tauren/troll for Horde version and Worgen face for Worgen version. Would you guys like it or hate it? Personally I think it would be awesome! What do you think?

EDIT:

Minus the Murse (Man purse).
    Last edited by Vertue; 2010-07-30 at 06:28 AM.
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

I'd never shift into it. ever. don't care how weak it'd make me in pve/pvp, I assume most people would do the same (or stop palying boomkin, or just whine real loud in general) and blizzard would fix it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. Boomkins are...well boomkins, a new model for a species that is working fine is probably on the bottem of their list. Remember, Boomkins are not druids, Druids are taking the temporary form of boomkins in order to obtain certain set of skills.

I don't like the current form. So anything would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Druids are taking the temporary form of boomkins in order to obtain certain set of skills.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Vertue View Post
    What if the new Boomkin art form turns out to be along the lines of:
    Then it will be good because any change is good change after 4 years of same shit.
    Last edited by Madus; 2010-07-30 at 06:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Druid forms are always one model + various textures (or just one texture in this case).

If the boomkins are supposed to look like this, then there would have to be male and female model including facial and other options... So I don't think they will include anything like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    The clipping with gear would be horrendous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Just add wings, horns and boomkin feet to people who change into boomkin form so they can still see their sweet tier gear. It would solve the problem we have with druids never being able to show us all that hard work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naivedo View Post
    It would solve the problem we have with druids never being able to show us all that hard work.
    Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Hmm?
    I think he's refering to the fact that druids in form do not get to "show off" their gear (hard work, as he puts it)

Quote Originally Posted by Triggers View Post
    be careful what you wish for.... I'm sure there are uglier things out there than boomkin form.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

No fair, none of you responded in my thread about the exact same idea. I feel cheated on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    No fair, none of you responded in my thread about the exact same idea. I feel cheated on.
    Well you know images, on the internet it is king.
    Anyway, I personally think your idea (yes I read yours first) is fairly good, but as said I can only imagine the clipping issues it would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggers View Post
    ^^^

Deleted
    oh god no i dont mind the current boomkin form. a few tweaks here and there would be great. to change the form into looking like you tied some wings to your arms no thanks.

changing the color of the boomy wouldn't do anything but make you look like another mob from the hinterlands. Id rather have that then look like a laser turkey for another expansion.

Malfurion is a badass. I would love to have him as a form.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a druid since vanilla and I just can't spec him balance b/c of the moonkin form. For every one that likes the form there is one that don't. Although I would never be vocal about it cause I just don't see blizz ever changing it. Yes I think Malfurion looks noice. I which NE's in general would look that cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrige View Post
    Well you know images, on the internet it is king.
    Anyway, I personally think your idea (yes I read yours first) is fairly good, but as said I can only imagine the clipping issues it would have.
    OMG Andrige. I loved your pack for so long!

You can show off your gear in town. You really should of reconsidered about rolling a druid if all you wanted was to show off your shiny shoulders, the char creation screen even tells you that you assume forms. Personally I'd be happy with updated textures and poly count ;D