Can my computer handle SC2?

Hey there. I was wondering if my computer currently has WoW, Heroes of Newerth, and a few other games such as WC3 on it. This is from my battle.net beta page.

Operating System:

Windows 2.6.0.6000

CPU Type:

Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz

CPU Speed (GHz):

System Memory (GB):

Video Card Model:

Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Video Card Driver:

igdumd32.dll

Desktop Resolution:

1440x900

Hard Disk Size (GB):

Hard Disk Free Space (GB):

So would I be wasting my time by trying to get SC2 to work?

goto: http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri and select starcraft 2 from the dropdown

off the top of my head though I would be worried about your video card

Thanks for the help! You were right, my video card doesn't allow it to work. I honestly don't know much about computers at all, can video cards be replaced without purchasing a new computer? If so, do you have any suggestions? I'd be looking for one that's just about as cheap as possible to allow everything for the next few years to work properly, but I wouldn't have to get the cheapest one, just the best for my money, if you know what I mean. Just a relatively cheap card with decent quality. Thanks again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Neither the video card nor CPU listed matches minimum requirements from the site that bals listed. Minimum CPU is listed as a single core 2.6GHz (a dual core 2.0GHz might work in place of that, but I don't know). The GPU is where you're being hit hard, though. They suggest a 128MB dedicated video card and you have an integrated Intel graphics chip.

dual core 2.0ghz > single core 2.6ghz (notice the recommended requirements are dualcore 2.4ghz)

@The Pro, do you have a laptop or a desktop?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Neither the video card nor CPU listed matches minimum requirements from the site that bals listed. Minimum CPU is listed as a single core 2.6GHz (a dual core 2.0GHz might work in place of that, but I don't know). The GPU is where you're being hit hard, though. They suggest a 128MB dedicated video card and you have an integrated Intel graphics chip.
    I play the game on my specs with medium set graphics and i get around 40+ fps, i cant really go any higher though, more than likely due to the bottleneck graphics card my computer is carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    dual core 2.0ghz > single core 2.6ghz (notice the recommended requirements are dualcore 2.4ghz)

@The Pro, do you have a laptop or a desktop?
    I use a desktop. My guildies said I would have to replace my "motherboard" or buy a new comp. Is this right?

Do you have a pci-express slot? If you do then you don't have to worry about replacing the motherboard.

15+ Year Old Account
    That statement (as made) is completely inaccurate. Whether the extra core is better than the extra raw speed is entirely dependent upon the program.

Tried it in a Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (2.0GHZ), with a 7900, at a resolution of 1440×900 and it's working pretty decently, medium settings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    I use a desktop. My guildies said I would have to replace my "motherboard" or buy a new comp. Is this right?
    Anyone?

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone?
    You have an old CPU using an old socket type. If you wanted to upgrade, it would be in your best interest to get a new motherboard with a new CPU socket type, and then place a current generation CPU in it. This would likely also entail purchasing new RAM. If your new motherboard doesn't have an integrated video chip, then you would also need to buy a new video card. The new video card would likely necessitate a new power supply. At that point, you're basically a hard drive and case away from a whole new system.

Anyone?
    Video Card Model:

This is an on board video chip/controller. This means it is integrated into your motherboard they are really weak and not intended for gaming. You never listed what Motherboard you have. If you have a PCI slot on it you can just drop a new video card in it. However your system is outdated and you need to make a decision. Do you want to upgrade and see minimal performance or just spend more $ and buy an up to date system? I would buy a new system since upgrading certain platforms will force you to upgrade other components anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    That statement (as made) is completely inaccurate. Whether the extra core is better than the extra raw speed is entirely dependent upon the program.
    then it's not completely inaccurate. it's inaccurate in certain circumstances. (I'm not going to say it's 100% accurate, but in general it's true. maybe I should have said ~>)

also according to your logic the recommended dualcore 2.4ghz would be worse then then minimum 2.6ghz processor. You're not taking into account any kind of chip architecture upgrades that would make a chip with a lower clock cycle more efficient then one with a higher clock cycle (see amd vs intel for a billion years). I would also be willing to bet that SC2 is programmed to take advantage of dualcore chips vs a single core chip

---------- Post added 2010-08-02 at 01:50 AM ----------

@The Pro

We need to know if you have a pci-express slot on your motherboard to know if you can just buy a new videocard or if you have to replace the mobo/chip/ram

15+ Year Old Account
    then it's not completely inaccurate. it's inaccurate in certain circumstances. (I'm not going to say it's 100% accurate, but in general it's true. maybe I should have said ~>)

also according to your logic the recommended dualcore 2.4ghz would be worse then then minimum 2.6ghz processor. You're not taking into account any kind of chip architecture upgrades that would make a chip with a lower clock cycle more efficient then one with a higher clock cycle (see amd vs intel for a billion years). I would also be willing to bet that SC2 is programmed to take advantage of dualcore chips vs a single core chip
    Quite the opposite, actually. You made the blanket statement. I refuted the blanket statement as being dangerous because it's not accurate 100% of the time.

@The Pro

We need to know if you have a pci-express slot on your motherboard to know if you can just buy a new videocard or if you have to replace the mobo/chip/ram
    Sorry, I'm really bad with computers... where can I find this out?

Hey there. I was wondering if my computer currently has WoW, Heroes of Newerth, and a few other games such as WC3 on it. This is from my battle.net beta page.

Operating System:

Windows 2.6.0.6000

CPU Type:

Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz

CPU Speed (GHz):

System Memory (GB):

Video Card Model:

Video Card Driver:

igdumd32.dll

Desktop Resolution:

1440x900

Hard Disk Size (GB):

Hard Disk Free Space (GB):

So would I be wasting my time by trying to get SC2 to work?
    Your computer as it is is indended to be an internet box and not a gaming computer.

Your best bet would be to get something that is intended for gaming.
    That means a new computer.
    Next question is how much can your afford to spend on a new PC?

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.