Deleted

Need Advice on a Fun/efficient Leveling Spec

Hello fello rogues, I have recently started playing my rogue again (currently L52) whenever I have the time, but I am confused on which spec to go for. Sub spec looks really nice now especially when using daggers, but alot of people have suggested I go combat. Currently I am assasination but I think I need to change.
    I have 2x heirloom daggers (balanced Heartseekers) but I also have the 2.40 speed 1h sword (thrash blade) with the extra swing proc, and enough badges to get any other weapon I need.

Should I-

Go Combat using a slow 1h 2.80 (sacred charge) MH with 2.40 speed OH - with hack and slash and the OH proc will be nice

Go Sub spec with 2x daggers?

I am doing pvp/dungeons/quests so I need a good all rounder and something which will be fun also, I guess the best spec is going to be one where I can nuke stuff down fast and take less dmg or avoid as much as possible

Thanks for the help - Any help on openers would be really appreciated too - like to use SnD/rupture/garrote etc and which poisens I need to be using

Atm, Im leveling my 2nd rogue (horde one this time) and i decided to try subtelty spec. And i really love it, so much burst and i actually use stealth mode. My 1st rogue was combat all the way, never ever used stealth and i felt like im leveling a warrior. Sub spec gives most "roguish" playstyle, lot of survival cooldowns, very fast combo point generation and on top of that you can oneshot many mobs, and combat can do it really. At lvl 40, just sneak behind mob, use Premeditation, use pickpocket+ambush macro, and u have 5cp ready for use on Evis right away. Not to mention sneaking around elites which cant detect you, unlike other 2 specs.
    CAnt say if sub is fast spec to level, but it definately feels fast and most roguish. Many ppl rush to level to 80, but i learned to enjoy leveling. With 10 lvl 80 toons, i learned i get mostly bored when i hit 80, until then i have most of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Atm, Im leveling my 2nd rogue (horde one this time) and i decided to try subtelty spec. And i really love it, so much burst and i actually use stealth mode. My 1st rogue was combat all the way, never ever used stealth and i felt like im leveling a warrior. Sub spec gives most "roguish" playstyle, lot of survival cooldowns, very fast combo point generation and on top of that you can oneshot many mobs, and combat can do it really. At lvl 40, just sneak behind mob, use Premeditation, use pickpocket+ambush macro, and u have 5cp ready for use on Evis right away. Not to mention sneaking around elites which cant detect you, unlike other 2 specs.
    CAnt say if sub is fast spec to level, but it definately feels fast and most roguish. Many ppl rush to level to 80, but i learned to enjoy leveling. With 10 lvl 80 toons, i learned i get mostly bored when i hit 80, until then i have most of fun.
    Same for me.
    Levelling 2nd rogue now, full heirloomed and sub specced. Love it so far.
    Every now and then you will get yelled at in dungeons, but that's mostly by the "heavy-aoe" classes.

Most efficient = Combat
    Most fun = depends on what you like but I'd guess most of the people would go for Sub, even though I always liked Blade Flurry + Killing Spree while leveling.

Almost done leveling my rogue (79). Full heirloom set, Engineering Prof, enchanting blue gear... needless to say, gold isn't really an issue for me.
    I leveled as combat till the BC dungeons, then switched to a Mutt spec.
    Had tons of fun and leveled crazy fast. (79 in 7 days played)
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Go combat. Make sure you pick up levelling talents like Remorseless attacks and unfair advantage. Ignore the weapon specialization talents and use a slow weapon in the main hand and a fast dagger in the offhand.

If you want maximum efficiency, go combat to steamroll mobs. While fun may be subjective, general opinion is go subtlety for the most fun and rogue like experience. From leveling quite a few rogue alts for fun, sub is a complete blast after you get ambush, especially with heirlooms.

What level is your rogue? at 45 I respecced combat swords, picked up http://www.wowhead.com/item=17705 in addition to Battleworn Thrash Blade, and had a ball in bgs

10+ Year Old Account
    Most efficient is combat, hands down. Most fun? I would say combat as well, solely because you get multiple cooldowns and escape buttons for every situation. Sub spec is "fun" if you enjoy spending half your kill time doing nothing in stealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Combat lets you manage multiple enemies pretty easily, and a cooldown burst can wreck 5-6 mobs, and you don't even need stealth. And it also has your only pre 80 "aoe", blade flurry, which will become useful in many situations while leveling...
    But I tried sub for the last few levels, completely burned out on combat, Sub is pretty fun to ambush mobs for half of their health every time. A good premed/shadowstep, ambush, eviscerate will end up taking out most mobs, or bringing them to 25-30% within 2 seconds. The spec isn't tuned for taking many mobs at once, but it's great at bursting insanely fast. And, you dont need to spend most of your time in stealth, camouflage makes the stealth movement penalty nearly negligible (and 4 second cd on stealth...), and shadowstep pops you instantly to your target.

Personally I found sub a lot more interesting, more stuff to manage, burned out on combat because it was too "faceroll" for 1-80 for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat is great for leveling, since you can nearly insta-kill mobs every minute with Killing Spree. Blade Flurry + KS is also the closest thing to AoE before you get FoK.
    Mutilate leveling can be tricky becouse you have zero expertise/hit.