Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The harbinger of death and destruction never looked so cute... and with such an impressive chin! 0w0b

Most likely the 6th Anniversary Pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu View Post
    As you pointed out though, many other classes (Hunters, Warlocks and Death Knights) have all been changed dramatically in terms of Resources.

So yeah, tell me again why Paladins and Warriors are more important?
    I'm unsure how order relates to importance, it's more than likely they're just focusing on a few classes at a time. It'd be difficult, as a developer, to try to think of how to work with the issues of every class all at once. The classes that are being focused on get the most blue posts to explain the current design direction and because often the build is already out-of-date by the time the patch goes live.

Paladins are having the most work done, so it makes sense that they'd start on them as early as possible in order to guarantee that they'll have time to initiate all the changes they want to make and properly balance them. If they started too late, they might find out things aren't working and wouldn't have time to change direction and then they'd have to revamp the class again the next expansion (which is arguably what happened in WotLK).

And speaking as a Paladin, we routinely are last in everything, especially in terms of Cata news up until the Beta was initiated.
    At one point the other classes got their previews over the course of a week and we had to wait an entire 'nother week to get ours, so... yeah.
    Really don't feel bad at all that the shoes on the other foot now. Sucks feeling left out, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Rukari; 2010-08-06 at 09:19 AM.

Oh GODS. yet another whole page of warrior QQ.. why do they get SO much attention from the blues?

I don't get why everyone thinks that miniDW is CE pet.

It can be "6 years anniversary" pet, remember anniversry is Nov 21th (or was it 22th?) very close to release date (rumors?) of Cata.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course that's the collector's edition pet. Last two were whelps related to the expansion theme.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

////I'm unsure how order relates to importance, it's more than likely they're just focusing on a few classes at a time. It'd be difficult, as a developer, to try to think of how to work with the issues of every class all at once.

yeah right.. except it's been since the beta beginning, all the time, tons and tons of warrior's crap, always lots of it and unlike paladins they did not recieve any major overhaul. smells like one huge ass-licking favoritism yet again. Who the hell cares about such a miniscule minor "issues" like enrage uptime or booming voice? It's creeping up close to release and some classes havent even been touched yet, i dont remember so much QA on any other class of yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathgate quest....umm what the fudge? 0o

i guess it was expected with no thrall in org seen as garrosh wouldn't help ...but it was the best quest chain in the game the first time you play it was amazing

Deleted
    When did the game become World of PlateCraft?! Because that is what it seems like due to the amount of blue posts on the platewearers. Either warriors and paladins are massive QQers, or those are the only 2 classes that GC knows off the back of his hand (I'm leaning towards the former).

Deleted
    Gotta get mini-Deathwing I hope it's from CE. I may just be perverted or something but http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ust/ss1077.jpg looks little bit... hentaiish or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogomojo View Post
    I remember no good quest in the Barrens. Always bored to death there!
    no read the blue post about the wrathgate now ending at the cinematic so that would mean no battle for undercity

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, one word: Mankrik.

one man.... in one word

Mankrik

Quote Originally Posted by Lostkeys View Post
    Also, one word: Mankrik.

one man.... in one word

Mankrik
    I hope he is a Horde General now, leading an attack on the Alliance.

Although i fear he will become the new "Saurfang" Meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Deos View Post

yeah right.. except it's been since the beta beginning, all the time, tons and tons of warrior's crap, always lots of it and unlike paladins they did not recieve any major overhaul. smells like one huge ass-licking favoritism yet again. Who the hell cares about such a miniscule minor "issues" like enrage uptime or booming voice? It's creeping up close to release and some classes havent even been touched yet, i dont remember so much QA on any other class of yet.
    I'm unsure about the reason for such an extended focus on warriors, I believe their rage got normalized, but as mine is only level 40, I have little insight into how much re-tooling such a change requires. They seem to want to change the way rage is spent/dumped and how enrage mechanics work while also trying to more greatly differentiate fury and arms from each other (barbarian vs fighter in DnD terms).

I'm sure part of it is also that their vision of tanking has changed greatly and protection warriors/pallies are comparatively more similar to each other than any of the other tanking specs. Additionally, both can be seen as more 'traditional' in their methodology so they're probably using them as the standard of tanking balance (while, again, trying to differentiate them from each other).
    Last edited by Rukari; 2010-08-06 at 09:49 AM.

All this Paladin / Warrior discussion is getting really old. I mean, it's great that the blues are going into so much detail regarding their hopes and ambitions regarding these classes, and the problems that arise whilst trying to achieve it, but it just highlights how little discussion the oter classes have received.

The blues are doing the other classes a diservice now. It's not as though Paladins / Warriors have been heavily discussed this recent push. It's been a constant barrage of blue posts on them now for several months. The other classes could use equal attention and discussion with regards to their problems, changes and queries.

Deleted
    Or maybe it's fresh Deathwing child and it will come in next expansion and pwnd Outland, Northrend, and again EK & Kalimdor.

I personally think Mini-chin is going to spawn from Sinestra's lair in the Bastion of Twilight.

Which means we have to kill it.

Until it was revealed, it was secret, and killing something this cute is indeed horrifying.

Damn you Blizzard.

That chin shall rule Azeroth one day, Dorothy.

Anyone else hoping that Southern Barrens turns into a world pvp area like Hillsbrad was between TM and SS?

One of the coolest quests in the game (imo), gone. Holy Shield going from an iconic Tankadin ability to a lame-ass passive that relies on some other spell to be effective, and no longer gives damage (and remember, Warriors get the block that Holy Shield gives base).

At least The Southern Barrens is looking interesting. I quite like the concept of it being an Alliance/Horde warzone meant to really stir things up between the 2 factions.