Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    At the start of a fight all your internal cooldown items are off cooldown and will all proc inside the first 10 seconds of the fight.
    You berserk in this period at the start of the fight come rain hail or shine for the most boss dps, only reason not to is if you're saving it for burst later.

OOC is still RNG, some of the best damage logs have retardedly lucky amounts of OOC procs.
    I did 14k damage on toravon yesterday, if i added 30% buff to that it's more damage than I've ever done in a recorded ICC fight, luck is luck in the RNG front.

To further the relying on luck screws you over factor.
    Did 16k in a flat 3min saurfang this week 0.63 attack speed, had 5 OOC in 40seconds of bloodlust, 12 in the other 140seconds. 5 of those 12 outside bloodlust happened in a 20second period however.
    RNG is RNG.
    Last edited by axxey; 2010-08-16 at 12:39 AM.

Hi All,
    Hoping to get some advice on some issues in my current setup.

I’m hitting 80+% Crit on my paper doll stats during DBW’s Agi proc. But Rawr is still telling me to gem Agi
    I’ve started putting haste in my gear instead, but I’m wondering given the Agility Procs limited uptime (~10%)should I gem agility until I’m passively Crit capped, or will Haste be my better stat.
    I’ve consulted Rawr but I’m not happy with how it models Crit procs (as far as I can tell it averages them out)
    Profile - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...yto&gn=Molotov
    note: Disregard mongoose, I was using my weapon to tank for a raid. Will chant black magic when I get a chance. Also I have the just picked up the 264 Frostbitten fur boots which I gemmed 10agi/10haste and +34haste dragons eye, no idea why I logged off with my old boots on.

Deleted
    It seems a bit weird indeed, but i tried this in simcraft a couple of days ago. There's basically 2 options: going berserking with haste gems, or going black magic with crit cap. BM with crit cap seems to pull ahead very slightly. So even tho the agi proc puts you over the crit cap, it's not a hardcap, and the uptime isn't high enough, so you still want to go for the crit cap without that proc.

I can also recommend not going over the arpen cap, it's better to be slightly below it, as those 5 points you're over it are doing nothing for your dps.

I seem to get the best results with 9x 20arpen, 1x 34agi, 2x 34hit, 5x 10agi+10hit, 2x 20agi, 2x 10hit+10exp, as well as putting 20hit on gloves and using 40arpen food. Nightmare tear can be moved to your weapon for a slight increase as well. You should end up at 229 hit, 126 exp and 1398 arpen this way.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-08-16 at 07:35 AM.

That is very interesting. Thanks for the response

Being over ArP cap was just me logging out in the wrong gear, i usually sit on 1398 with food buff

Back again mate,

I've done as you said (except for the cape as i ran out of badges). I'm now sat at 60 badges and thought i'd ask for you assistance again before i spend them. Should i get the cape, tier shoulders (the ones i have are for tanking), EoF belt (the one i have atm is gemmed for tanking) or something else?

I spent the money i originally had buying all the gems and enchants so i'm fairly poor for the next few weeks so the crafted boots are out of the question. I also realise the Pyrite Infuser is terribad (read the wowhead comments on it) and i've started the long old slug to get the NES, no luck yet.

Just wondering if i'm on the right track really

Deleted
    Definitely the cape, it's nearly bis. Shoulders is only a small difference between tanking/dps since it's only 1 socket and a lame enchant.

Mihir,

Here is my armory for reference purposes but my question doesn't directly relate to my personal gearing http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...is&cn=Drakkmur

My guild recently got heroic 25 Halion and I realized I hadn't updated my BIS list to include these items. I did some work with various simulators/dps calculators and this is what I came up with http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21602151

Do you have any comments or disagreements about this list? The only special note is that I realize that BM is the bis weapon enchant but I use my wowhead profiles to sim with simulationcraft and BM is currently not supported for ferals so I have kept berserking for my weapon enchant on my profiles.

Deleted
    Wowhead says your profile doesn't exist. But the new bis list is to get the halion bracers, ring and trinket, and after reaching hit/exp/arpen caps you'll want to gem agi to get back up to the crit cap, and go with BM. An alternative is to gem haste and go with berserking, but agi + bm pulled ahead very slightly for me in simcraft.

And yeah i made a custom version of simcraft that supports BM for ferals, see http://www.mediafire.com/file/zcrigm...9ob/simc-bm.7z to try it.

I'll try to get my bis profile uploaded somewhere.

No idea why that profile doesn't come up. I have it marked public and it comes up for me. My list includes the bracers, ring and trinket. The interesting difference is that Band of the Bone Colossus overtakes the rep ring as BIS now. I see you currently use that ring so I assume you agree with that.

One other question. Do you FB always with 5 combo points or do you use 4 combo points. I read someplace that if you have 4 combo points, it is better to FB then and follow it with a shred instead of using shred to get to 5 and then FBing since you will lose a bonus combo point on that shred roughly 70% of the time. Any thoughts.

Hey Mihir,

Just get the Oathbinder and arp cap, but lost a lot crit (had a Distant Land heroic), what should I do now? What is the best gem, enchant for me now? I sacrifice hit / exp?

I have in the bank: the chest T10 264, hands badge and Hood's Cloak Slayer Shadowvault heroic.

Sorry Mih, im new in the forum, cant post my armory link , if u can see... Char: Filéh, Realm: Warsong/US

Pls help me!

Thx!!

Deleted
    Hi Mihir! Are you going to get RS25HC trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxn View Post
    Hi Mihir! Are you going to get RS25HC trinket?
    You might want to scroll up 3 posts to #936 where he says the trinket is now BIS.

Deleted
    I will try to get it. but I'm like 4th in line for it, and we had the healer trinket 6x in a row now :P

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there Mihir. I'm a long time reader of your thread and loving it! And ofcourse the fact that your a Dutchie to makes it even more awesome;-)!
    But i'd like some insight on my character if that's possible. But since it's my first post I can't post any links yet, so on armory look for Ahungryseal it's the only char named like that, playing on the maelstrom.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Seal; 2010-08-18 at 09:34 AM.

Deleted
    Looks okay. You can easily get rid of those 2 hit/expertise gems tho, replace them with arpen so you get a bit closer to the hardcap. And mongoose should be replaced by berserking.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Looks okay. You can easily get rid of those 2 hit/expertise gems tho, replace them with arpen so you get a bit closer to the hardcap. And mongoose should be replaced by berserking.
    Alright, but with a dranei in my group i'll be on hit cap but i'll be a tad low on expertise. Isn't it better to be reaching for my expertise cap and going for my arp cap with food and flasks?
    Replacing mongoose as we speak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seal View Post
    Alright, but with a dranei in my group i'll be on hit cap but i'll be a tad low on expertise. Isn't it better to be reaching for my expertise cap and going for my arp cap with food and flasks?
    Replacing mongoose as we speak.
    arpen cap is more important than hit or expertise caps. flask should always be ap flask, since it's 180 ap vs 45 arpen on the elixir, and arpen never gets to 4x the value of ap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holydruid View Post
    Best possible feral specc, there is nothing better.
    Glyph of Maul?

Deleted
    improved leader of the pack instead of improved mangle?

---------- Post added 2010-08-18 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur View Post
    No idea why that profile doesn't come up. I have it marked public and it comes up for me. My list includes the bracers, ring and trinket. The interesting difference is that Band of the Bone Colossus overtakes the rep ring as BIS now. I see you currently use that ring so I assume you agree with that.

One other question. Do you FB always with 5 combo points or do you use 4 combo points. I read someplace that if you have 4 combo points, it is better to FB then and follow it with a shred instead of using shred to get to 5 and then FBing since you will lose a bonus combo point on that shred roughly 70% of the time. Any thoughts.
    This is what I came up with: http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21604238
    Simcraft seems gives the best results with black magic and gemmed with agility until in rawr the crit chance + avoided attacks added together are as close to 77% as possible (0.20 + 76.75 = 76.95 for my setup). So an alliance setup could drop 30 hit in favor of 30 more haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    This is what I came up with: http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21604238
    Simcraft seems gives the best results with black magic and gemmed with agility until in rawr the crit chance + avoided attacks added together are as close to 77% as possible (0.20 + 76.75 = 76.95 for my setup). So an alliance setup could drop 30 hit in favor of 30 more haste.
    That's exactly what I came up (with different gemming since I am BS/alch). Any thoughts on FBing with 4 combo points instead of 5?